Diamond Vouchers No Longer Available on Disembarkation Day?

indy212

I was on Independence this past weekend but on disembarkation day I tried to get a mimosa in the main dining room at breakfast and was told no vouchers that day.  I was subsequently charged for my drink as I still wanted it. I previously used in July on disembarkation day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indy212 said:

I was on Independence this past weekend but on disembarkation day I tried to get a mimosa in the main dining room at breakfast and was told no vouchers that day.  I was subsequently charged for my drink as I still wanted it. I previously used in July on disembarkation day.

First I've heard of it. We also used ours on disembarkation day on Indy in July (it was actually turn around day of a B2B but same difference).

Not a giant deal for me, personally, but I was looking forward to getting some more free iced coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade next month before heading home.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

We've been able to get drinks off of our "packages" on disembarkation day but have never tried using Diamond drinks, as I would not think that would be possible. Hmmm, maybe I'll try it next time out of curiosity. I can see one being able to use the Diamond drinks on turnaround day for a B2B but not if leaving the ship. Anxious to hear other experiences too.

21 minutes ago, yogimax said:

No big deal, IMHO.

It isn't.  I don't need 8 drinks the morning I leave.   But was trying to confirm as all the other threads someone chimes in that at midnight the last night it replenishes.  It did work in July, but not yesterday.  If someone can confirm then others will not get the wrong information as it now has changed.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, indy212 said:

It isn't.  I don't need 8 drinks the morning I leave.   But was trying to confirm as all the other threads someone chimes in that at midnight the last night it replenishes.  It did work in July, but not yesterday.  If someone can confirm then others will not get the wrong information as it now has changed.

Well said. While not a huge deal, I enjoy getting things for free as well as knowing if I am no longer entitled to them. Given how these sort of policies work with RC, I'll likely ask the DL concierge next month while onboard regardless.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would not be surprised at all if this was one of those things that varies by ship

Or varies by the server or venue or... I agree, that's why I'll worry about it when I'm actually onboard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Or varies by the server or venue or... I agree, that's why I'll worry about it when I'm actually onboard.

Whilst I am not surprised by that, the vouchers are either on the card, or not. There shouldn't be any ambiguity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Whilst I am not surprised by that, the vouchers are either on the card, or not. There shouldn't be any ambiguity.

I agree there "shouldn't" but I can also see a server/bartender telling someone they can't use them without even checking. Kind of like getting 2 completely different answers if you call customer service twice with the same question. 🙃

44 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

We Got fresh orange juice on Our Diamond perks 2 days ago on Brilliance of the Seas

We tried on Sunday (Sept 18), but fresh squeezed orange juice was not available in the MDR for breakfast  on disembarkation day on Liberty.  We didn't ask about vouchers after we found out we couldn't get the OJ.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would not be surprised at all if this was one of those things that varies by ship

I can report that I've gotten a latte with the vouchers the final morning of each of my 23 sailings since the all-day vouchers began - 12 different ships.  Hope it continues!