The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 9th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Curious Events Day, Fire Prevention Day, and Leif Erikson Day

He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.--Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

Meal Suggestion for today - Manti
Drink of the Day - Cruzan Mai Tai
Wine of the Day - Castello di Gabbiano 2017 Cavaliere d'Oro (Chianti
Destination of the Day - Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis

Eurodam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Lahaina, Maui Island, Hawaii eta 10/14

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 10/11

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Saguenay, Quebec Canada eta 10/10

Noordam

At Sea Destination Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii eta 10/14

Oosterdam

Naples, Italy 08:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Stockhold, Sweden eta 10/10

Volendam

At Sea Destination Dubrovnik, Croatia, Port Cruz eta 10/10

Westerdam

Honolulu, Hawai'i

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 10/10

Zuiderdam

Hilo, Hawai'i Island 08:00 - 18:00

1009World.thumb.png.bd6bc8018960522a768f3e828d402415.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Good morning and thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

A cool day in store for us, a high of 15°C (that's about 60F).  Chance of sun, maybe some showers and windy.  A good day to stay in.

I'm going to cook our Thanksgiving dinner today, roast turkey breast and gravy, mashed potatoes, turnip, maybe another veg,  coleslaw and homemade pumpkin pie for dessert.  Hope it turns out okay.  We have a lot to be thankful for.

Interesting collection of days.  I'm curious about a lot of things, fire prevention is important every day, and Leif Erickson and others shouldn't be forgotten.

Interesting  quote, I'll have to re-read the book, it's been years.

Not sure about the meal, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'm sure the drink and wine are wonderful.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  My favorite of today's days of course is National Fire Prevention Day.  I celebrated Leif Erickson in 2000 on a land tour to Newfoundland celebrating his arrival 1000 years earlier.  I can't think of any curious events right now but certainly I've had some.  Not sure what to make of the quote.  I visited Bassetere once, in 2018, on the Grandeur of the Seas.  The meal sounds a bit too spicy for my taste.  My alternative  is Chilled Peach Soup, Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey, and Apple Tart (I assume Canadian Thanksgiving was likely that day), as served on MS Amsterdam October 9, 2017:

dishes08.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP Loretta Lynn 10/4/22
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
Grapau27 awaiting joint Doctor visit Monday and Quartzite Cruiser DH surgery on Tuesday
Horrific damage from Ian
Western wildfires
Tthose in Fiona’s wake
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Strength for luvteaching’s friend Karen after Wayne’s 9/3 death
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

1 day to first BHB in Everglades
Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/1 and enjoying the beach finally
1 day for MissG Oosterdam 10/10 to 10/22)
Bon Voyage  Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS 10/9 to 10/16)
lazey1 starting to feel better with collagenous colitis treatment
Rowsby in Hawaii until 10/28
 LoveTheBeach (Adventure OTS  to 10/8), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10),   Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15),  Cruising-Along(10/29), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25)
Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23),  Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  My favorite of today's days of course is National Fire Prevention Day.  I celebrated Leif Erickson in 2000 on a land tour to Newfoundland celebrating his arrival 1000 years earlier.  I can't think of any curious events right now but certainly I've had some.  Not sure what to make of the quote.  I visited Bassetere once, in 2018, on the Grandeur of the Seas.  The meal sounds a bit too spicy for my taste.  My alternative  is Chilled Peach Soup, Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey, and Apple Tart (I assume Canadian Thanksgiving was likely that day), as served on MS Amsterdam October 9, 2017:

dishes08.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP Loretta Lynn 10/4/22
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
Grapau27 awaiting joint Doctor visit Monday and Quartzite Cruiser DH surgery on Tuesday
Horrific damage from Ian
Western wildfires
Tthose in Fiona’s wake
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Strength for luvteaching’s friend Karen after Wayne’s 9/3 death
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

1 day to first BHB in Everglades
Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/1 and enjoying the beach finally
1 day for MissG Oosterdam 10/10 to 10/22)
Bon Voyage  Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS 10/9 to 10/16)
lazey1 starting to feel better with collagenous colitis treatment
Rowsby in Hawaii until 10/28
 LoveTheBeach (Adventure OTS  to 10/8), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10),   Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15),  Cruising-Along(10/29), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25)
Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23),  Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy and for including me in the lists.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Manti are traditional Turkish dumplings filled with spiced ground meat and onions. The dumplings are commonly topped with a sauce consisting of yogurt and garlic. The name of the dish is derived from mantu, meaning dumplings, and they were originally brought over from Central Asia to Turkey by nomadic Turkish tribes in the 13th century. Manti dumplings are popular throughout Turkey, as well as in numerous other cuisines such as Armenian, Afghan, and Central Asian.

Each one of these tiny, lamb-stuffed dumplings is a carefully, hand-wrapped gift.  Once shaped, they're baked, boiled, and then topped with three different sauces - brown butter, caramelized tomato paste, and garlicky yogurt.

https://www.panningtheglobe.com/turkish-manti/

turkish-manti-web-best.jpg

These homemade dumplings filled with beef seem somewhat easier to prepare.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/154920/homemade-manti-traditional-turkish-dumplings/

192848.jpg&q=60&c=sc&orient=true&poi=auto&h=512

But the easiest way to prepare manti would be to use wonton wrappers!

http://www.inthekitchenwithapril.com/2017/05/easy-manti.html

Easy-Manti-with-Mint-Red-Pepper-Sumac-and-Garlic-Yogurt-1080x1620.thumb.jpg.d8cf9da84fb2238afabf03edc7d33331.jpg

I did a Google search for store bought manti (they were often referred to as Turkish ravioli) although they are available online from Walmart, I enjoyed reading this article.  https://www.bonappetit.com/story/grocery-store-manti

And for those of you who are near Montreal, an Armenian bistro called Manti popped up during my search.  The menu looks excellent.  https://mantimtl.com/

Edited by 0106
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for the “on location” Report & Daily Rich!Looking forward to you sharing your journey with us. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy!

Off to the gym and then grocery shopping. Will check back in later. 

35EBF9C2-B87E-4903-891B-FC66A1E95F06.jpeg.924f1e547b2a05dd0ab60e4a43d8eb8f.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Castello di Gabbiano 2017 Cavaliere d'Oro (Chianti Classico)

This Chianti sounds nice. Very good - excellent reviews from critics and consumers. And reasonably priced. Available from numerous online distributors with prices starting at $10.97.

JS91 James Suckling

Cherries and orange peel with some spice and cedar character. Medium body, light tannins and a clean finish. Nice hint of bitterness at the end. Drink now.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

Good afternoon.

We had a lovely church service today.

We were the first ones in so I took a photo from where we usually sit then said my prayers including for our Dailyites on the care list.

Thank you for posting the fleet reports and Daily Rich while you are cruising yourself.

Pauline and I have come across many curious events.

Fire prevention is very important.

My late mam's cousin was the station manager in our city's main fire station and he passed on lots of information.

Interesting quote.

I don't know what today's food is.

We don't drink red wine but our Sarah loves Chianti.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.IMG_20221009_120020.thumb.jpg.c4424269992eb5241cc219775e36a037.jpg

Screenshot_20221009_120321.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Good morning! Up early for some reason. Body just said it had enough sleep. Will be less rushed in preparing for church. Last night’s homemade French Onion soup really hit the spot and tonight we’ll try and believe we are on the NS repo from Canada and enjoy two lobsters. Hopefully, our pre order works!

Last couple of nights we have been watching some old classic movies and it is enjoyable going back now and then. Is it fair to say they don’t make them like they used too?

With only nine days before we head to France it is time to turn one of the spare bedrooms into packing central. Shouldn’t be to difficult with just a twelve day river cruise but we will need to think layers for cooler weather. 
Not much planned for today other then church and probably some NASCAR racing. Just waiting for those lobsters.🦞🦞

Thanks Rich and Roy  for the Fleet & Care Reports.

Have a great day everyone.

Bruce

• Like 25

Good morning to all. My dog walk this morning required a puffy jacket and gloves . I can only imagine how chilly it is on deck for the Dailyites cruising from Quebec but I am certain they are enjoying themselves.

I will salute the days and think more about the quote. The recipe looks great but I think I would be happier if someone made it for me instead. Thank you Tina @0106 for the great suggestions.

We were  at the port a very long time ago when we went on a cruise with my mother,my brothers and their wives. It was  from NY to the Caribbean. My mom was determined that we all go together and we sure did. I am so glad we started cruising. We had a great time but sadly my mom and oldest brother died shortly after the trip.It has always been an example to me that one must just get out there and live!

We took my mother to the beach here and tried hard not to hover as she was very unsteady. She really wanted to swim so we all got in the water with her and we’re ready to assist if needed. I will never forget that lovely day.

Terry

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good morning all. Very cool start to today but no frost this morning. We did have frost yesterday and had covered our remaining tomatoes to protect them.

we had thanksgiving dinner with our two daughters and their families yesterday. No turkey, none of us are big turkey fans. We had Rouladen, pork schnitzel, oven roasted ribs, mashed potatoes, home made stuffing, my signature parsnips and carrots dish, two kinds of gravy, endive salad and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Everybody chips in so not too much work for one person. Today I repeat the parsnips and carrots as we are invited to join in with our son in law’s family dinner. Truly blessed that everyone lives in the same city. Tomorrow I Clean my house since I never do it before a gathering!

The only thing better than following along with our dailyites cruise from Quebec City would be actually being on the ship with them. 

Be well everyone. We received our bivalent moderna shot last week and will get our flu shot end of next week. Trying to prepare for what  May well be a bad winter. Time to start wearing a mask again while shopping.

• Like 25

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich as well as your dedication while you are cruising. 🙂 

Great combination of days.  I’ll happily celebrate Fire Prevention day & Leif Erikson’s courageous trip to Canada so long ago.

Love the Bronte quote.  Thanks Tina @0106for the great meal explanation & ideas 👍 

Well, yesterday went to Hell in a hand basket fast. Don’t think it was celebrating curious things happening 😉  Pulled out of the market’s parking spot, made a sharp left hand turn and heard that clunk sound, same thing going into my driveway.  Ugh.  Called the dealership frantically and the SUV goes back in Tuesday.  Wondering if they didn’t do something right last time since it’s the same sound.  I hope that is all it is - not in the mood to be carless again.  I have too much to do. 😔 The day went down hill from there with several unpleasant surprises.  It was 3 things so hopefully that’s the end of it 🤞 And yes, wine was on the agenda last night 😉 

C5895F13-BDD7-4AA6-9566-489CA0942CB8.jpeg.92c5affd2898eb270985f4e6d57a84a5.jpeg

A lot of Canadians have their Thanksgiving dinner today like @puppycanducruise.  We always did too.  And I will again today.  My neighbour and I have decided to have Thanksgiving dinner today together and are collaborating on it.  She is like me with no family here.  We reached out to 3 other ladies - 1 she knows & 2 from my Grief Counselling group (all in the same situation) that I know a bit and we have invited them to join us. So for those celebrating today:

19CCE63F-D9DC-49AA-9126-7EF8594AD266.thumb.jpeg.7179dbd1f9b655f29448a900e1675be2.jpeg

We’re all going to try to find things to be thankful for despite our circumstances and hopefully have a lovely time together.  One of the widows is coming here to go together and hoping she doesn’t mind if we use her car.  (I’m not touching mine until it’s seen).  Otherwise I’ll have a lot of food & flowers for our hostess to walk down.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those suffering with Ian & Fiona, Ukraine & for those that need them.  And a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday & Thanksgiving if you are celebrating.

8A42C900-8DCD-4E04-95A4-FE5CC00BB426.thumb.jpeg.e14b93d41ce5ad3939289d7e2ae41e6d.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  The shingles shot got me.  I ache all over and have a low grade fever.

Cruzan Mai Tai cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/2 part DeKuyper® Orange Curacao Liqueur
1/2 part Orgeat Syrup
1/4 part Simple Syrup
1 part Fresh Lime Juice
Optional: Float Cruzan® Black Strap Rum
Garnish: Mint Sprig

Instructions
Combine all ingredients, except Cruzan® Black Strap Rum and mint sprig, into an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Option to float Cruzan® Black Strap Rum and garnish with a mint sprig.

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 8.12.03 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 11

Good morning and happy thanksgiving!  

We watched Rays game on tv for 5 hours yesterday- we lost in 15th inning.  Oh well, now I’ll have more time for other things!

Thanks for all of the information!  Meal, drink and wine look good!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!   It's pretty cold here this morning 42F but it will be a mild 72 and sunny today.  I have a task to do today and need to get at it.  Since we have no mail delivery tomorrow for Columbus Day, we removed our mailbox last night and put it in the garage.  This morning I'm going to "rejuvenate" it, and also the metal post and newspaper box on the post.  Instead of paint I'm using Rustoleum ReColor wipes which bring back the shine without all the work of painting.  I used it once on my metal bistro table and 2 chairs which reside on my front porch.  Worked wonderfully!  In addition to refinishing the mailbox I need to replace the house numbers on it so have those ready too.  I'll need to keep the garage door open for fresh air, and it requires 24 hours without rain or dampness to cure.  The box will be replaced on the post tomorrow all fresh and new (I hope).  I took before pictures and I hope the after photos look nice when finished.

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  A salute to fire prevention, Leif Erikson, and curious events.  Hope nothing curious happens here today!  Not sure I'd like the Manti, drink or chianti.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful time on their cruises.  We want photos!  Prayers for all on the Care list, the people of Ukraine especially those grieving the 17 people killed last night when their apartment buildings were shelled.  Despicable!

Jacqui @kazuhaving a group of woman get together to celebrate Thanksgiving together is a wonderful idea!  I hope you all have a great get together and enjoy each other's company at your celebration.  Dixie @summer slopeI hope you begin to feel better soon.  Those shots affect everyone differently.  Graham @grapau27thanks for posting Father David's sermon and the photo of your lovely church.  Enjoy your Sunday!

Today's port is Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis.  Here is a link to the first (and only other) time we had Basseterre as port of the day.

We have been to St. Kitts only once in 2006 on Crown Princess.  We took our adult daughter with us as a way for her to get away from it all.  LOL!  We did some shopping and bought her a Tanzanite ring for her Christmas gift.  

It looked to be a beautiful island with mountains.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEhXjgByMM2YQIPTgLtTDG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123146

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg0B_O-2UcJ6kD4bTi2k-Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123148

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK2xk9K317s69IbEMz5UIq-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123163

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFe61Uqz65TXxqgraBgwvP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123144

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJFcv3W4GcHgoy1tIVixYEW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKaYpSw0dB9RaEnmL_dxK20?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123134

We had a blast on that cruise with our daughter.  Lovely memories.💕

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Good sunny and cold morning. I stayed up very late watching the Phillies game, but they won so it was worth it.

The Borealis(Rotterdam) is with the Nieuw Statendam in Quebec. Nice picture on the webcam. Maybe thee will be a horn blowing at sailing.🤞🚢

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 21

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!   It's pretty cold here this morning 42F but it will be a mild 72 and sunny today.  I have a task to do today and need to get at it.  Since we have no mail delivery tomorrow for Columbus Day, we removed our mailbox last night and put it in the garage.  This morning I'm going to "rejuvenate" it, and also the metal post and newspaper box on the post.  Instead of paint I'm using Rustoleum ReColor wipes which bring back the shine without all the work of painting.  I used it once on my metal bistro table and 2 chairs which reside on my front porch.  Worked wonderfully!  In addition to refinishing the mailbox I need to replace the house numbers on it so have those ready too.  I'll need to keep the garage door open for fresh air, and it requires 24 hours without rain or dampness to cure.  The box will be replaced on the post tomorrow all fresh and new (I hope).  I took before pictures and I hope the after photos look nice when finished.

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  A salute to fire prevention, Leif Erikson, and curious events.  Hope nothing curious happens here today!  Not sure I'd like the Manti, drink or chianti.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful time on their cruises.  We want photos!  Prayers for all on the Care list, the people of Ukraine especially those grieving the 17 people killed last night when their apartment buildings were shelled.  Despicable!

Jacqui @kazuhaving a group of woman get together to celebrate Thanksgiving together is a wonderful idea!  I hope you all have a great get together and enjoy each other's company at your celebration.  Dixie @summer slopeI hope you begin to feel better soon.  Those shots affect everyone differently.  Graham @grapau27thanks for posting Father David's sermon and the photo of your lovely church.  Enjoy your Sunday!

Today's port is Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis.  Here is a link to the first (and only other) time we had Basseterre as port of the day.

We have been to St. Kitts only once in 2006 on Crown Princess.  We took our adult daughter with us as a way for her to get away from it all.  LOL!  We did some shopping and bought her a Tanzanite ring for her Christmas gift.  

It looked to be a beautiful island with mountains.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEhXjgByMM2YQIPTgLtTDG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123146

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg0B_O-2UcJ6kD4bTi2k-Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123148

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK2xk9K317s69IbEMz5UIq-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123163

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFe61Uqz65TXxqgraBgwvP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123144

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJFcv3W4GcHgoy1tIVixYEW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKaYpSw0dB9RaEnmL_dxK20?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123134

We had a blast on that cruise with our daughter.  Lovely memories.💕

Thank you Sandi.

We visited St Kitts also on Crown Princess in January 2007 about 6 weeks after you.

Graham.

• Like 11

Good morning from the lovely Nieuw Statendam!

Yesterday was wonderful. We checked out of our hotel in QC and were onboard the NS by 11:40. We were lucky, our timing just right. 

After dinner and meeting up with some of the Dailyites (so nice!) DH and I watched the latest Downton movie out on the loungers. Nice evening!

Roy @rafinmdthank you for all you do with the lists. Much appreciated!! One small correction — I will be on the NS until 11/5. 

Cheers for all on the celebrations list and prayers for all on the care list. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from QC!  I haven’t been outside yet but it’s overcast and chance of rain. Last evening’s get together was lovely. 

48E81C5C-CC82-47B3-B8D3-F2855F7878FB.thumb.jpeg.205345b073fc3621c8089259ddd6895d.jpeg
From left— Edi @NextOne, Rich @richwmn, me, Debbie @dfish, Carolyn @Cruising-along, Julia & Reggie @Teapot Cruiser, Craig, Henry—Carolyn’s DH. 

Sail away is at 5:00 this afternoon, IIRC. I think I’ll watch from my cozy cabin. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich as well as your dedication while you are cruising. 🙂 

Great combination of days.  I’ll happily celebrate Fire Prevention day & Leif Erikson’s courageous trip to Canada so long ago.

Love the Bronte quote.  Thanks Tina @0106for the great meal explanation & ideas 👍 

Well, yesterday went to Hell in a hand basket fast. Don’t think it was celebrating curious things happening 😉  Pulled out of the market’s parking spot, made a sharp left hand turn and heard that clunk sound, same thing going into my driveway.  Ugh.  Called the dealership frantically and the SUV goes back in Tuesday.  Wondering if they didn’t do something right last time since it’s the same sound.  I hope that is all it is - not in the mood to be carless again.  I have too much to do. 😔 The day went down hill from there with several unpleasant surprises.  It was 3 things so hopefully that’s the end of it 🤞 And yes, wine was on the agenda last night 😉 

C5895F13-BDD7-4AA6-9566-489CA0942CB8.jpeg.92c5affd2898eb270985f4e6d57a84a5.jpeg

A lot of Canadians have their Thanksgiving dinner today like @puppycanducruise.  We always did too.  And I will again today.  My neighbour and I have decided to have Thanksgiving dinner today together and are collaborating on it.  She is like me with no family here.  We reached out to 3 other ladies - 1 she knows & 2 from my Grief Counselling group (all in the same situation) that I know a bit and we have invited them to join us. So for those celebrating today:

19CCE63F-D9DC-49AA-9126-7EF8594AD266.thumb.jpeg.7179dbd1f9b655f29448a900e1675be2.jpeg

We’re all going to try to find things to be thankful for despite our circumstances and hopefully have a lovely time together.  One of the widows is coming here to go together and hoping she doesn’t mind if we use her car.  (I’m not touching mine until it’s seen).  Otherwise I’ll have a lot of food & flowers for our hostess to walk down.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those suffering with Ian & Fiona, Ukraine & for those that need them.  And a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday & Thanksgiving if you are celebrating.

8A42C900-8DCD-4E04-95A4-FE5CC00BB426.thumb.jpeg.e14b93d41ce5ad3939289d7e2ae41e6d.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

I hope your Thanksgiving celebration  today is a good one.I also hope your car issues are fixed soon.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I hope not to have any curious events happen today; I think Fire Prevention Day should be every day, and hurray for Leif Erikson!  

We had a great day yesterday - first the surprise party for our friend; I said "Do you really want to surprise an 80 year old guy?"  He was stunned to see so many friends and relatives from out of town in attendance, and I know he enjoyed the festivities.  Then later in the evening we went to another family and friends function where we celebrated the life of one of our province's pioneers.  It contained a bit of sadness, but mostly joy at the life he lived and how proud he made his family.

@kazufirst of all I hope your car gets fully repaired this time!  Second, I think what you and your neighbour are doing is wonderful - get together with some other ladies who are alone and be thankful for friendships, new and old.

@summer slopesorry the shingles shot has got you down - hopefully the effects will be short lived.  We're postponing ours until we get back from our next 2 cruises; we had our initial shot about 5 years ago, so it's time to top up the antibodies.

It's going to be a busy day today - we're doing Thanksgiving dinner at our house for DH's family.  His son, daughter and son in law will be joining us at the table today.  A pretty predictable menu for us:  turkey, stuffing (lots of stuffing), mashed potatoes, gravy, mixed vegetables, a tossed salad and apple pie.  I'm the only one in the family who really likes pumpkin pie, so apple is the dessert of the day.   And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, cheers to all the celebrants.  Stay well, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1