The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday December 3rd, 2022

richwmn

20 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I’m having trouble with the font and color.

I love all the days and the quote. My grandson worked from home all week and is feeling better. I’ve tested negative everyday and today is  day 10 so Roy you can take us off the list. If someone can tell me how to fix what I’ve done with the color, please do.

Stay safe everyone,

CarolG

Carol, when you type a message in the reply box look up at the top line.  Second symbol from the right should be an A with a dark box around it.  That is the background color for your text.  It should be on Automatic which is what I see when I click on that icon.  Meaning clear background, not the blue background yours has on it.

• Like 16

@mamaofamiI think your mouse may have been over the right hand side block.  I too have done things like that if the mouse is misbehaving.  But I cant swear to it, DH is my IT guy, and he's asleep.

Weather today is cloudy and 52.  Apparently this week, the days when it gets warm it will rain,  the days it gets- cold we get sun.

Atlanta's big news stories are about all the shootings here, and they have decided that parents should be more involved with their children.....

Where are Christmas cards this year?  The joy of receiving something in the mail that isn't a bill I guess has ended.  None at the grocery store, none at Walgreens, no boxes at dollar tree.  And stationary and card shops are also a thing of the past.  I am too late to order through magazines, but next year, I will know.  I will try Walmart tomorrow, but I think I might be out of luck.  In order for traditions to carry on, it looks like us older folks are the ones to do it!

DH doesn't think his tests yesterday went well.  They were checking blood flow, the leg with the stent in it will probably have to be redone, and they kept checking the right side of his neck.  Follow up with the doc is in two weeks.

e2ced305504fcbb29b08624758e020aa.jpg

bbda0aa303d33cd8981c71fc16644175.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  At a little after 8 am the Volendam left Manaus and we are heading to Boca da Valeria (tomorrow).  After sitting still so long at anchor in Manaus it feels strange to be moving again.  Thanks to Rich for today's Fleet Report and Daily.  Looking at the map you posted what a weird sight to see a cruise ship in the middle of Brazil instead of on an ocean like the rest of the ships!  😁

Thanks Roy for the lists today.  I'll pray for those on the Care list and am "Happy as Larry" for everyone on the Celebration list.  Good wishes for Graham as he has his lesions looked at on his face.  Go USA in soccer!  Thanks everyone for your contributions here each day.

Reykjavik, Iceland was port of the day on May 19, 2021 and here is a link to Rich's post that day.

Reykjavik is a fine city to visit.  Our first visit there was on Emerald Princess in 2011, second visit was on Caribbean Princess in 2015, third visit was on Seabourn Quest in 2018, last visit was on the Covid cruise Island Princess in June 2022.  On the 2018 Quest cruise we actually started our cruise in Reykjavik so flew over a day early to spend the night there.  That made the stay there a little more interesting because we had more time.  We have also flown through Reykjavik several times on our way to Europe.  On the 2018 flight to Reykjavik from Boston we had a TV news personality and his family on the flight with us.  DH spoke to him while they waited for luggage to show up at the carousel.  After hearing our cruise plans, he said he wished he was going on our cruise with us, but he didn't have that amount of time off, so they were going fishing there in Iceland.

For those who haven't been to Iceland yet, one of the best tours you can take is a Circle Iceland tour.  Sometimes they call it Golden Circle tour and other times Grand Circle tour.  The point is they take you outside of Reykjavik to see the geysers, waterfalls, and volcano site.  You will probably also see the Icelandic horses in the countryside.  They take you quite a distance on these tours so it will take a long day in port to achieve it.  We took a private tour with CC roll call members our first time in Iceland.  I recommend it for a good overall look.

A photo of the famous Hallgrimskirkja church which I took in 2018.  The weather was perfect for our overnight visit so we saw pretty blue skies which made all our photos better.  You must see this church when you visit Reykjavik! enhance

enhance

Another place that Reykjavik is famous for is the Blue Lagoon.  I have never had an interest in going there in the past, but if I continue to visit this city I have a feeling I will end up there someday.  I might even find I like it!  

A typical street scene.  enhance

The second stop on the Golden Circle tour was the Pearl, a dome with stunning views of the city from the panoramic 360 degree platform.  The dome sits atop the huge tanks in which natural hot water is stored for heating the city.  Inside is a rotating restaurant, a cafe and a museum.  At least it did in 2011 when we visited there.enhance

enhance

enhance

Driving around the island you saw scenery like this.enhance

We stopped to see the tectonic plates which divide Europe from North America.  At least I think that's what they told us.  This would be a good thing to do some research on when I have nothing else to do.  Right...enhance

enhance

Heading towards the geyser areas we saw scenery like this.enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then to the Gullfoss waterfall.enhance

enhance

Then we drove to another waterfall, name unknown but I did take a photo of this sign just before we arrived so it could be a clue.enhance

enhance

Last stop was to see this volcanic cauldron.enhance

Before we got to the cauldron we were looking at some Icelandic horses in the fields.  In their native country they have few diseases; Icelandic law prevents horses from being imported into the country and exported animals are not allowed to return.  This is a poor photo of them but we had an accident with a farm dog who ran into the road and had to stop and see to him.  The horses were forgotten at that point.  enhance

Great photos of today's port Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good (rainy) morning everyone!

We've been to Reykjavik this past August, but didn't have time to go into the city itself.  We saw a lot of the same things @StLouisCruisersposted - the lava, the geysers, and Gullfoss waterfall....but I've attached a photo of our visit there. The rainbow was beautiful! (wish I could figure out why it's upside down!!!)

0816-15.thumb.jpg.b6679af005bd686f41ac5cea62504ee4.jpg

Prayers for our friends who are in need, especially @JazzyVand her BFF for the funeral today.  Cheers to everyone on a cruise or celebrating now. 

Enjoy your weekend!

Laura

• Like 27

Good Saturday Evening from the Noordam

Just returned from the show- Centare. They were very good. They were on about a month ago and were not so good . The entertainment has been very good with a few misses in my opinion.
    A big salute to a day for Disability awareness. As a mother of a disabled child ( now adult) I truly appreciate all the advances that are being made to make life easier and more inclusive. I even noticed some differences with this ship. I was very pleased and much easier to get DD around. We still have a way to go but maybe someday it won’t be an issue. 
       We were in Fremantle/Perth the last 2 days now headed to Albany. Only going to be there for 5 hours. Weird. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 29

I had time to look further on Rich's May 19, 2021 post and saw some more photos from a different visit to Reykjavik.  Better keep looking!

A photo taken in 2015 which I've never repeated on my trips there.  Maybe this street no longer has the rainbow on it.  It's a heavily traveled street with lots of shops on it and as you can see, at the top of the hill is the Hallgrimskirkja church.enhance

On the 2015 visit DH was under the weather that day so I walked all over town by myself.  I took my umbrella along and at the end it started to pour rain.  Lucky I had it as I walked back to the bus shuttle area to get back to the ship.

I took this photo of this waterside sculpture on that rainy day.  Note the rainbow starting behind it.enhance

And here it is in 2018.  enhance

During the beautiful weather in 2018 we visited a small botanical park in town.enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

ahh, the flowers!enhance

enhance

For dinner we went to a restaurant for pizza and a bottle of wine.  Cost was about $70USD.  Not a cheap place to visit but they take credit cards so you don't have to have local currency.enhance

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good morning Dailyites on a breezy cool morning. 

Sandi love your pictures! Graham I hope all goes well for your appointment next week. Prayers for Tana, Roy, Lenda's DH. Thinking of @JazzyV and her DF.

@marshhawk I ordered my Christmas cards several months ago. I got some that show Santa boarding a cruise ship. Our market still had boxed cards yesterday on sale I believe 30% off. 

image.png.5dc16083928dd219f7632caadb966327.png

Yesterday we had friends over. I helped get access to their dfas account. Then went to dinner and a surprise band playing. 

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. Nothing is calling to me yet.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Be kind. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone. The weather here is odd as it is 53 now. Yesterday we had to wear our heaviest coats. However, I will not complain as it is not like the frozen tundra where @ger_77, Geri lives. I enjoyed the video, thanks for making it available.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I will be thinking of you and your friend on this difficult day.

I like the quote and the meal looks like fun to make and eat. Today we have baked ziti for the crew that I put together yesterday. I spent my working life trying to assist those with disabilities. There are some gains but I can certainly see the architectural barriers in our old city. We have found out here how hard it is to manage within an old house when doorways can’t be widened and the wheelchair does not fit.Yonkers is a city of steep hills. The homes were built into them…..lots of stairs!

I wish you all an enjoyable day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  Thanks for daily report, recipes, photos, etc.

We went to Key Largo for a few days!  I didn’t take photos, all we did was swim and eat, but very relaxing.  It is a bit too chilly to swim in St. Petersburg for me now.  We decided that key west is much more interesting, so next time will drive to there for a winter break.

I have our suitcases out for packing for our long cruise next month.  I will try to be organized.  

Best wishes to all!  @St Pete Cruiser we are going to same concert tomorrow!  Should be a good one!

• Like 23

Good morning all,

Our hoped for rain never turned into anything remotely described as rain. Only the sidewalks got moist. We’re still hoping for some tomorrow. My photo scanning project continues…. Hoping to be done by January.

Today’s meal looks interesting. Is it a finger food, or fork food? I see complications either way…

@marshhawk We ordered our Christmas cards last Saturday online from Walmart. We’ve used them for years, and they were particularly handy when the card service was available at the local store. ( I made several “proofs” for Dad’s review for the memorial card for Mom’s lunch in 2015). Anyway, estimated receipt date when I placed the order was for December 13. I received them Tuesday. YMMV.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

It’s 6:AM here on the West Coast and rains are coming. Good morningI I have been reading a lot and all have agreed it’s a stay at home day. We were going  to go wine tasting but with cool temps and rain coming for all day and probably tomorrow. Nope! It was an outdoor tasting.

We ordered for pickup, some deep dish pizzas last night done by a local small chain. They were good and we didn’t have to fly to Chicago!

Oh  my cold is still here and this will be seven days today!  What really I  hate is when your nose gets stuffy and  gives me  sensation of someone  snoring in your head. It drives me crazy.

Going go back to beginning of of today’s Daily and see what’s going on with our early posters. Enjoy the day!

• Like 23

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I'll celebrate all 3 of the days today and the Angelou quote rings true to me.  I've been to Reykjavic several times, mostly Crystal Symphony but also Prinsendam.  I think the lips are responding; it may just be force of will power but I did not feel the need for a lip balm between treatments yesterday.

It's fairly warm but raining here today; tomorrow will be clear and cold.  The next 10 days or so will mark our earliest sunsets; while the equinox is about 12/21 sunsets will soon start getting later while the latest sunrises will be about January 3=10.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Carrot and Orange Bisque, Ribbon Zucchini Risotto, and a Butterscotch Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam December 3, 2013.

Today’s care list:

RIP Jazzyv BFF dad 11/27/22 Funeral 12/3
Mamaofami grandson with Covid and Carol possibly exposed
Tana with pneumonia
Smitty34877 waiting for hip replacement
Ichiban Nekko DH in Florida hospital
Quartzite Cruiser and StLouisCruisers losing neighbors
Otahand7 DB back in hospital
Viking Polaris
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Winter hitting ger_77 hard

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

ns1202.thumb.JPG.bb7b91b8d8cf8f21d40f4425a3511685.JPG
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades

luvterching DH doing great in rehab
Work almost started on Terri’s house
Quartzite Cruizer DH doing great at home
7 days for Cruisin Terri (Insignia 12/10 to 12/28)
1 day for Mister67 and RedneckBob (Nieuw Amsterdam 12/4 to 12/11)
Bon Voyage Dobiemom (Discovery Princess 12/3 to 12/10)
Welcome home Himself, Norseh20, and Grapau27
Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS,  to 12/9) ,SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/12)  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

Thanks Roy, but I am currently at Terminal 26, getting ready to board the NS. Mister 67 follows me tomorrow on the NA

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks Roy, but I am currently at Terminal 26, getting ready to board the NS. Mister 67 follows me tomorrow on the NA

Bon Voyage.  Where will you be standing for sail away?  We will watch for you.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites on a breezy cool morning. 

Sandi love your pictures! Graham I hope all goes well for your appointment next week. Prayers for Tana, Roy, Lenda's DH. Thinking of @JazzyV and her DF.

@marshhawk I ordered my Christmas cards several months ago. I got some that show Santa boarding a cruise ship. Our market still had boxed cards yesterday on sale I believe 30% off. 

image.png.5dc16083928dd219f7632caadb966327.png

Yesterday we had friends over. I helped get access to their dfas account. Then went to dinner and a surprise band playing. 

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. Nothing is calling to me yet.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Be kind. 

Thank you Joy.

On Tuesday 13th I have an appointment at the hospital for my foot pain to hopefully get special shoe inserts made and an appointment with my musculoskeletal doctor on the afternoon.

Getting older is hard sometimes.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Sunny and warm today with a high of 83.

Another good selection of days.

I'm not sure about the quote, I speak from experience.

I'd try the tortilla pie.

I have never been to Iceland, just the name makes me shiver.

USA VS. Netherlands today in the World Cup round of 16, it's do or die.

Off to Bob Evans in a few minutes, I have a taste for the Sunrise Skillet breakfast.

Thanks for The Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day. 

Best wishes for an amazing cruise.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1