The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday December 3rd, 2022

richwmn

Good Saturday morning to all of you.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Interesting group of days.  I especially celebrate the Disabilities Day, given the fact that we cared for DH’s brother, who had cognitive challenges, for 40 years.  I celebrate the spirit of the game and everyone can always use a hug.

i like the quote.

I have not been to the port.

We will pass on the meal and libations considering that we are trying to finish up the food we have in the next few days in anticipation of our leaving on Wednesday for our cruise on Dec. 10.

I have not been to Reykjavik.

Thank you Roy for the cares list.

@JazzyV you and your friend are especially in my prayers today as you lay his father to rest.  Condolences to all of you during this difficult time.

@smitty34877 hope that Tana is doing better and that you are managing with a bum hip.

@rafinmdHope that lip starts to heal.

Prayers for all on the cares list.

Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.

Bon Voyage to @RedneckBob.  Enjoy!

I think we must have a dark cloud over us.   DH showed me the “dress shoes” he is taking on the cruise.  I have no idea where he resurrected them, but they belong in the garbage.  He sees nothing wrong with them.  I asked him where the new ones were and why he didn’t take them, and he doesn’t know what I a talking about.  Now they are probably locked up in the POD in the driveway and we have no access.  He doesn’t want to buy a new pair.  I can’t believe it.  The only other pair he has is a pair of Sketchers.  I am ready to pull my hair out.  

Since i had my flu vaccination last Monday, i have had a cough.  I took a COVID test this morning and it is negative.  I got the updated Covid vaccination about 3 weeks ago.  Don’t know why I have a cough.

Got all the email work and financial work done yesterday and need to start packing for the cruise and see what I am missing.  

i am at the point that it is easier not to go.  Just too tired.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Take care and God Bless,

Terrri

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Want to get a quick post in before we lose power again. Strong winds today and when they die down we will be very cold. Not as cold as @ger_77but cold!

@Cruzin Terrijust think of the wonderful rest you will have once you get on the ship. Something to look forward to.

bon voyages to all travelling, prayers and get well wishes for those struggling. Will cheer the good news later.

have a great weekend everyone. It is still soccer all the time at our house but we are currently trying to decide which team to cheer for since neither Canada nor Germany are in the round of 16 and the USA is currently not doing well in their game. We may just wait to see how the round of 16 ends.

• Like 23

30 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Interesting group of days.  I especially celebrate the Disabilities Day, given the fact that we cared for DH’s brother, who had cognitive challenges, for 40 years.  I celebrate the spirit of the game and everyone can always use a hug.

i like the quote.

We will pass on the meal and libations considering that we are trying to finish up the food we have in the next few days in anticipation of our leaving on Wednesday for our cruise on Dec. 10.

@JazzyV you and your friend are especially in my prayers today as you lay his father to rest.  Condolences to all of you during this difficult time.

@smitty34877 hope that Tana is doing better and that you are managing with a bum hip.

I think we must have a dark cloud over us.   DH showed me the “dress shoes” he is taking on the cruise.  I have no idea where he resurrected them, but they belong in the garbage.  He sees nothing wrong with them.  I asked him where the new ones were and why he didn’t take them, and he doesn’t know what I a talking about.  Now they are probably locked up in the POD in the driveway and we have no access.  He doesn’t want to buy a new pair.  I can’t believe it.  The only other pair he has is a pair of Sketchers.  I am ready to pull my hair out.  

Since i had my flu vaccination last Monday, i have had a cough.  I took a COVID test this morning and it is negative.  I got the updated Covid vaccination about 3 weeks ago.  Don’t know why I have a cough.

Got all the email work and financial work done yesterday and need to start packing for the cruise and see what I am missing.  

Take care and God Bless,

Terrri

Hang in there, Terri - it will al be worth it, I’m sure. I had a slight cough after my flu vaccine but it was gone in a few days (and yes, I too tested 😉 ). Hopefully, that is all it is 🤞 

11 minutes ago, superoma said:

@Cruzin Terrijust think of the wonderful rest you will have once you get on the ship. Something to look forward to.

Agree!  

11 minutes ago, superoma said:

we are currently trying to decide which team to cheer for since neither Canada nor Germany are in the round of 16 and the USA is currently not doing well in their game. We may just wait to see how the round of 16 ends.

That’s a good strategy  👍 

@rafinmdglad to hear that the medication seems to be helping 👍 

@JazzyVThinking of you and your BFF on this sad, difficult day 🙏 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Team USA did well today, according to most of the statistics: more shots, more shots on target, more possession time, higher pass accuracy, fewer penalties. The one statistic that matters didn't go their way. Netherlands 3, USA 1.

As a HAL cruiser, I guess I will be rooting for Netherlands for the remaining knockout stages. And in @grapau27 Graham's honor, I can root for England as an alternative.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

i like the quote.

Take care and God Bless,

Terrri

Thanks!

• Like 7

Just finished watching the game and even though the US did their best with a good young team The Netherlands had good control of the game except for maybe a couple of instances .

The is still a long road ahead but we watched our Dutchies with joy !

Hup Holland Hup laat de Leeuw niet in zijn hempie staan ........!  A famous Dutch soccer song 

roughly translated : Go Holland Go Don't let the Lion stand in his undershirt ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.c0a18ff09ed222f657248d53611bc887.jpeg

It got a little hairy towards the end .......but 

IMG_7545.thumb.jpg.1b472329d19d0a5548f41b346f77d26b.jpg

IMG_7548.thumb.jpg.c4070369553bf38ce005efeedde53974.jpg

Let's see who is next ....

Tony :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Now I have a little time to post our Reykjavic pictures and look at the other ones already posted .

We were in Reykjavik , Iceland for a couple of days with the Eurodam in 2012 on the Voyage of the Vikings cruise .

Thank you all for posting a lot of very nice pictures which brought back some great memories . We had this extra day in Reykjavic because we had to skip our stop in the Shetland Islands due to a huge storm we had to go around that and because the days we were there were cold and rainy I went out by myself , did a lot of walking and exploring through Reykjavik went to the beautiful museum and had a real nice day , on the second day I joined a small group tour  that I had booked before we left to do the Golden Circle Tour  like I see many of you did . 

I will see if I can post some pictures without duplicating too many .

image.thumb.jpeg.0b11b0d0a2b39d0952c07e1d3fa17fd2.jpeg

image.jpeg.1d9afc5071458758b3806087bc57c3bc.jpeg

image.jpeg.2fafb7837e948763373775fcbf26127b.jpeg

Statue of Leif Erikson the Norwegian explorer who discovered Iceland on the square in front of the Hallsgrimskirkja Church 

image.jpeg.e0bad10611b074aae95fcfb996097eb7.jpeg

View from the tower of the church 

image.jpeg.de99016a7048db8478f13449137162cb.jpeg

image.jpeg.597361fb57664928363c6f9b4db44b48.jpeg

image.jpeg.8ada515da5a4c8749ccfe02613e365b2.jpeg

The place where the famous chess match took place between Spassky and Fischer  ( World Championship during the Cold War ) 

image.jpeg.be34eaae52ce75db2fa78fcbed8e220f.jpeg

In this Store / Restaurant there was a trench covered by glass to show the crack between the 2 Tectonic Plates that went right through this place .

image.jpeg.2a216b5ff420ef3b4452fba12ebdf9a8.jpeg

A few of my waterfall  and nature pictures , I know this is a repeat .... 

image.jpeg.9e3602a8852d6a7d1f5bbadfdf0045f2.jpeg

image.jpeg.bff87225534bf77cbf594ae7de100da3.jpeg

image.jpeg.b41694d4c3cae31039a92733cc0f5697.jpeg

image.jpeg.58822eeee175443a3cb821d4d34129a0.jpeg

image.jpeg.b6e73a9c3b3a48636c097288d78bce19.jpeg

Time to get back on board we are leaving soon for Greenland ! 

image.jpeg.a48450af6facd7c5c4f03dd6ab9d6aca.jpeg

I would love to see a lot more of Iceland and its beautiful untouched nature ………have to convince DW first ,😀. she loves places with palm trees and there are none on Iceland to be found …….

Tony 😀
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thanks all!  The Iceland photos are great!  
I’m glad this week is over,  got my new crown yesterday, and had the two skin cancer excisions.  Hope yours goes well too Graham.    I am grateful that all my issues are relatively minor when so many are dealing with some very heavy things.  
good news Carol!  
We’re watching an old show called as time goes by with Judi Dench,  I find it hysterical.  I couldn’t help relating it to @Cruzin Terri, as DH was at an orthotic appointment sure he didn’t need new ones, when both his were worn out.  
Well we hope to get out of the deep freeze today.  At minus 40 Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same,  too darn cold! 

I’ll share some wisdom from DGD

C7BCBC3A-1602-4EC1-A018-236396705611.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

A check in from Washington State.  We got about 5 or 6 inches of snow last night, so I may have to shovel a path down our driveway if I want to get our mail.  We have only been to Iceland when we took their airline on a flight to Europe.  Someone once told me that Greenland and Iceland were miss-named.  Greenland is covered in ice and Iceland is green.  Spent some time online yesterday looking at a dozen hotels in Yokohama and ended up booking the one we stayed at the last time we were there.  We will be there four days before we embark the Westerdam in March.

Ray

• Like 21

Good afternoon from a partly cloudy, windy with a north wind, and chilly central Texas.  It was a busy morning, but a good one.  For the first time in many months, DH wanted me to cook breakfast.  Usually, we each have a very light one with maybe a bigger one on the weekend.  Looking at what we had in the kitchen, I made cinnamon French toast, which we had enjoyed on the Koningsdam.  DH also scheduled his Covid booster and flu shot for 10:30 this morning.  It was a good thing we got there early, because the pharmacy got very busy just after we arrived.  The pharmacist was nice enough to come out to the car to administer the shots.

I will celebrate Persons with Disabilities today, and it should be celebrated everyday.  Spirit of the game and give a hug days are also to be celebrated.

An interesting quote from Maya Angelou, but I'm not sure if I agree with it entirely.  However, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when first meeting them.

The meal looks interesting as does the drink.  The wine is my go to white wine.  It is not as sweet as the late harvest Rieslings or the really sweet Rieslings, but for me, just the right hint of sweetness.

We have been to Reykjavik three times.  The first time was in 2003 on Rotterdam III roundtrip from NYC.  We were there again on Prinsendam in 2016 and 2017.  We have always found interesting things to do and see, but never have had enough time to look around Reykjavik itself.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, you and BFF are in my thoughts as you say goodbye to DF.  

@mamaofami  A suggestion about the white letters on the blue background.  Before you change the background color, click on the A to the left, and change the color of the letters to black, then follow the directions for changing the background.  Otherwise, you could wind up with white letters on a white background.  On CC it's still easy to correct that, but on the computer it isn't, and I know that first hand.  😱

@rafinmd  Roy, I happy the medicine seems to helping.

@dobiemom  🎈 🛳️ BON VOYAGE!  🥂🍾

@aliaschief Bruce, I hope that cold clears up by Monday.

@RedneckBob  🛳️ BON VOYAGE! 🍷  Enjoy your cruise on NA.

@marshhawk  Annie, I ordered my Christmas cards on Amazon.  They had a great selection.

@Cruzin Terri  Teri, I agree with the others, go on the cruise and get a good rest both mentally and physically.  I think it will give you a new outlook on all that's going on.

@HAL4NOW  I agree with you.  While not a big soccer fan, I'll be rooting for The Netherlands or England whichever one goes farther in the tournament.  I just hope they don't play each other until the final.  Then, may the best team win.  

@bennybear  Brenda, I'm glad the two skin cancer excisions, and the new crown are behind you.

@grapau27  Graham, good luck with your appointments next week.

I have enjoyed all the pictures of Iceland that everyone has shared.  Now, I'll follow the link to Rich's page, and add my pictures.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a very rainy Tucson!  I knew rain was in the weekend forecast but didn’t realize that it would last all day. The tree is ready for me to start putting on ornaments. Not sure what I’m making today, but I’m leaning toward a tortellini soup and ham sandwiches. I’ve made a version of today’s meal suggestion but really prefer my tortillas rolled up as enchiladas and with corn tortillas please. Flour tortillas are a Tex-Mex thing, IMO. Here flour tortillas are for quesadillas and fajitas. 

Since I have difficulty with stairs now I really appreciate handrails. So I’ll celebrate Disabilities Day. I really noticed a lack of handrails during our last two cruises. When on excursions I use one of my hiking poles, just in case. 

Thinking about Vanessa @JazzyV and her BFF today.  

Graham @grapau27, good wishes for your upcoming appointments. 

Gerry @ger_77, I watched the first few minutes of the video and it is beautifully produced and narrated. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I believe we should recognize people with disabilities every day, and certainly agree with Let's Hug day - DH gets hugged every day.  

The weather has moderated somewhat so that it's only -27C and feels like -39.  LOL  We're a hardy bunch up here on the "frozen tundra"; last night when it was colder than a witch's kiss, DH and I were standing out on our driveway watching the international space station pass over us.  Although it was u-g-l-y cold, the sky was crystal clear, just sparkling with stars, and we could see it clearly as it went across the sky.  

On another note, I am finally able to say the historical video that DH produced and I narrated is now available for public viewing.  If any of you are interested in seeing it, grab a cup of coffee, tea, or your favourite beverage, sit back and get to know a little bit about the history of our province.  I don't know how to make a link, so I'll just spell out the site for you:

www dot riverlands heritage preservation region dot ca   

Take out the spaces between the words and you should be good to go.  

@JazzyVprayers and comforting hugs to you and BFF as you lay his father to rest today.

@dobiemomBon Voyage!

I like today's menu suggestion and happen to have ingredients for what I think the recipe will call for, so I'm pretty sure we'll be enjoying triple decker tacos and a side salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, cheers to all who are celebrating.  Be safe, stay well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you for sharing the video. I enjoyed watching it. Would like to explore this area in person now! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I’m glad this week is over,  got my new crown yesterday, and had the two skin cancer excisions.  Hope yours goes well too Graham.    I am grateful that all my issues are relatively minor when so many are dealing with some very heavy things.  
good news Carol!  
We’re watching an old show called as time goes by with Judi Dench,  I find it hysterical.  I couldn’t help relating it to @Cruzin Terri, as DH was at an orthotic appointment sure he didn’t need new ones, when both his were worn out.  
Well we hope to get out of the deep freeze today.  At minus 40 Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same,  too darn cold! 

Thank you.

I'm pleased that your skin cancer incisions were successful and you got your new crown as well.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  We have been to Reykjavik three times for a total of five days.  All our stops were on BHBs, Rotterdam 2003, Prinsendam 2016 and 2027.  The last two we were there overnight.  In 2003, we did the Golden Circle tour, and the other times we rented a car and toured the island.  We realized the other day that we have never toured the Reykjavik except to drive through part of it.  The next time we're there, we are talking about staying in town and seeing what we've missed.

I have so many pictures, that I think I'll break them up into several posts that are more manageable.

This is one of the very few pictures of Reykjavik.  It is the building where Reagan and Gorbachev had their 1986 summit.

DSC09911.thumb.JPG.5e7684632929404735a52933dbdb196f.JPG

Three pictures of the Rif in 2003 and a couple from 2016.  There were a lot of changes in the intervening 13 years.  Some were manmade and some were caused when the volcano erupted in 2010.

IMG_1792.thumb.JPG.bc3a7f608127aa533c2e1b16196e218e.JPG

IMG_1793.thumb.JPG.50a05b4a7f63091d2fd169ba8e0bc9f9.JPG

IMG_1801.thumb.JPG.0762fe94d3242caeb2fa3d22e8f00a93.JPG

DSC06174.thumb.JPG.8a2ae30a9547be50f62ad86c1e2a8b71.JPG

DSC06177.thumb.JPG.bf2244fed4f360db6a7942ad6ed81760.JPG

These pictures of Geysir (their pronunciation is geezer) are from 2003.  The 2010 volcanic eruption affected Geysir, and it does not erupt as high or as often now.  I'm not sure if this is Geysir or another one.

IMG_1808.thumb.JPG.8bed6bae575045499a794754b89d38d5.JPG

IMG_1811.thumb.JPG.6215d127f6c2447117e3ff90905d88d3.JPG

We stopped at this church on our tour in 2003

IMG_1815.thumb.JPG.554ca498e1e3e3f96396c09b6bc6c2bd.JPG

IMG_1817.thumb.JPG.d96e34305a2494f5a59638b9b0b2c2b2.JPG

These pictures from our last stop are for the Garden Club members and cheerleaders.

IMG_1821.thumb.JPG.00602ca849b688aada1975af16f008bc.JPG

IMG_1820.thumb.JPG.afc53d2b1fcee1efe87c2a17f8bfe68c.JPG

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

In 2016, the first day, we drove north out of town along the west coast of Iceland as far as Grundarfjordur before heading inland and back to Reykjavik.  There is some really spectacular scenery in that part of the Iceland.

These are just a few of the pictures of our drive that day.

DSC06098.thumb.JPG.ab47757e289ff5bc7fe6d60eb206ac12.JPG

DSC06100.thumb.JPG.864e1ada1b9083701bfdcf5939643c80.JPGDSC06102.thumb.JPG.12cdd2454decf237ea7cde1b32b40ad2.JPG

DSC06103.thumb.JPG.a32f14851357daed2b21a44c97e609f9.JPG

DSC06128.thumb.JPG.be4fa848cf41d2c99f5cac5eb5e0c52a.JPG

I believe these were in Rif, which is what I have in my list of places we visited that day, but I could not find it on the map.

DSC06131.thumb.JPG.b46e240a4d8ecfdf7222755fc123d7df.JPG

DSC06133.thumb.JPG.7e020b5567f201950e08e04a89f87a6e.JPG

This tells the story of the area better than I can.

DSC06140.thumb.JPG.bbea6c061f6d71d37d9acb833f2ec026.JPG

Grundarfjordur is a very pretty little town in a beautiful setting, but I would not want to be there in the winter.  We stopped there in 2009 on the Tahitian Princess and walked around town.

DSC06149.thumb.JPG.9d2964b0e5a7f772d9e7f98307f8c4f6.JPG

DSC06150.thumb.JPG.dc60c345cb61470bc034a0f16723fcf5.JPG

A very pretty cascade

DSC06142.thumb.JPG.c04679d298a3be6cf9d966dd3f3eeeb1.JPG

Back in Reykjavik, we decided to drive out to the Blue Lagoon.  The next day, we did our own Golden Circle tour.  I'll post the pictures from the Blue Lagoon in the next batch of pictures.  The pictures from our DIY Golden Circle tour were posted in the first batch of pictures.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

16 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@HAL4NOW  I agree with you.  While not a big soccer fan, I'll be rooting for The Netherlands or England whichever one goes farther in the tournament.  I just hope they don't play each other until the final.  Then, may the best team win.  

If England and Netherlands both continue to advance, they would meet in the semifinals.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Before I start this tour of Iceland, I had another thought about @mamaofami Carol's white letters with a blue background.  That is what happens when you hold down the left button on the mouse and drag the mouse over the text.  It could have been that simple, and if so will not occur again with new text.

In 2017, the first day in Reykjavik, we headed east, stopping when we saw something interesting.  Our final destination was Black Beach, but our first stop was the museum at on of the geothermal plants.  I have pictures, but they are really just pictures of big pipes and not all that interesting.

If you haven't guessed by now, I like waterfalls.  We stopped at the first one on our way to see Seljalandsfoss, the second waterfall.  BTW, we have been to Gulfoss twice, but I did not want to repeat pictures.

DSC09792.thumb.JPG.eb0ba1ca1bbc877b439e6345156b00ad.JPG

DSC09799.thumb.JPG.a1a86eeb92b8877ad18686352786b715.JPG

Black Beach is black with very interesting formations just off shore.  The cave and area around the cave reminded us of the Giants Causeway outside of Belfast.  It had the same type of formations only on a smaller scale.  Could this be the "trolls causeway"?😁

DSC09810.thumb.JPG.20c032dc1beefb02f96123d312f3a20c.JPG

DSC09830.thumb.JPG.a11d59de10a94eb8f78b9dca18dce4b0.JPG

DSC09821.thumb.JPG.9a4e7dda55b1d22a2612a25f4b70a8a1.JPG

DSC09827.thumb.JPG.b919149cd1a04c2b93d7ba65612b6d23.JPG

Puffins were nesting on ledges outside the cave.  This is the closest we've gotten to those little birds.

DSC09818.thumb.JPG.774c7428e45159f2464f2d393eb3fec6.JPG

The village of Vik near Black Beach

DSC09854.thumb.JPG.486a2ce5737f721c56791e16ab2d4809.JPG

I'm not sure if this was in Vik or another village.

DSC09855.thumb.JPG.1373f70ee6a634c445f643fc82662bfa.JPG

On the way back to town, we drove down to the ferry to Heimaey, an island off shore.  We almost took the ferry over there, but decided not too as that was our next port.  I think some of you may have figured out what happened.  We missed Heimaey as it was too rough to tender since the anchorage was unprotected.  Maybe some day.  Anyway, I could not resist getting a picture of this sign in the ladies restroom.

DSC09857.thumb.JPG.377d3ecc32534ddf067d6a489970db44.JPG

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Our last day in Reykjavik in 2017, we drove southwest of town around the Reykjanasbaer Peninsula, with side trips to Keflavik and Gardur before stopping at the Blue Lagoon.

I think these are of Gardur, and that I didn't get any of Keflavik as we drove through.

DSC09862.thumb.JPG.5e3c270c9ad10111e90bdcf4c25fdbdb.JPG

DSC09864.thumb.JPG.ae9ab053d429c6ac5d2102508fd99f43.JPG

DSC09867.thumb.JPG.cc2c2d2cc1623287168aff39e385ef98.JPG

After we left Gardur,, we came across an area where the Rif between the continental plates was visible.  We liked it better since it was easier to see and and not nearly as crowded.  This time we just walked across the bridge between Europe and North America.

DSC09878.thumb.JPG.997ab48c202f307f8be82d9e8ac8bcf7.JPG

DSC09880.thumb.JPG.e915a98d2c41882e5985fbb729fd574f.JPGDSC09881.thumb.JPG.c010e5923e942816b6494adc0d04898c.JPG

DSC09884.thumb.JPG.fd72b390c8e56cf8aae35a461c6ee664.JPG

DSC09885.thumb.JPG.b5c8b180af5f15ede2462be4bd175f33.JPG

DSC09887.thumb.JPG.cda09637a2a57548478e08a69e1f1f14.JPG

Our final stop (and my final pictures today) was the Blue Lagoon.

DSC09896.thumb.JPG.f7eb1be69de3f5bfbb09678a10b392db.JPG

DSC09904.thumb.JPG.4e493aa7adc7f1b3d4a3682e9b1a2251.JPG

DSC09907.thumb.JPG.f05e285e05f4337a8df5696af1b80fd2.JPG

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Hope everything goes smoothly, Graham. And thank you for all the food porn pictures! My stomach rumbled at a few of them. 

5 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27Good luck with the doctor's appointment.  Get those lesions taken care of and heal quickly.

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  After my experience, I think we should have more than a day for people with disabilities - there’s a lot of little things that could be done in many places including BHB’s to make their lives easier.

Interesting quote - not sure I agree with it.  The meal suggestion sounds like something I used to make for DH - will be interesting to see if it is similar.

Nice to see a white wine today, but like @cat shepard  it sounds too sweet for me

@grapau27good luck with your appointment on Monday

Yesterday I hobbled out to the car and into the store and got some foot & ankle braces.  Glad I bought 2 as one was too big but the other one fit!  And it helps quite a bit and is letting me use the foot a bit more - a good thing - it’s been unused too long and needs to start getting used 😉  Hopefully I can do more today 🤞 

989F7A64-9B24-4B46-AEBE-19DA8850C7EB.jpeg.3d0b666738e6c05dbb5c691988d7ad9a.jpeg

Another windy, rainy day is going to be upon us.  Hopefully not as bad as the other day but I guess time will tell.  A good day to stay in and do my on line check in for my cruises.  Ugh on B2B2B - 3 check ins.  “Sigh”.

123006D6-20E8-46F2-A863-87CD62392F2C.jpeg.79819feaa4e4b23edf71dbb7779f52f4.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout List.

720408BC-2681-4DDB-8AB6-16BAF81778F2.jpeg.515c601eb222af2cff09a9629f45937f.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone and stay safe

5 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Hoping for only the best with your appointment to remove the lesions.

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites on a breezy cool morning. 

Sandi love your pictures! Graham I hope all goes well for your appointment next week. Prayers for Tana, Roy, Lenda's DH. Thinking of @JazzyV and her DF.

@marshhawk I ordered my Christmas cards several months ago. I got some that show Santa boarding a cruise ship. Our market still had boxed cards yesterday on sale I believe 30% off. 

image.png.5dc16083928dd219f7632caadb966327.png

Yesterday we had friends over. I helped get access to their dfas account. Then went to dinner and a surprise band playing. 

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. Nothing is calling to me yet.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Be kind. 

33 minutes ago, bennybear said:

good news Carol!  

20 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from a partly cloudy, windy with a north wind, and chilly central Texas.  It was a busy morning, but a good one.  For the first time in many months, DH wanted me to cook breakfast.  Usually, we each have a very light one with maybe a bigger one on the weekend.  Looking at what we had in the kitchen, I made cinnamon French toast, which we had enjoyed on the Koningsdam.  DH also scheduled his Covid booster and flu shot for 10:30 this morning.  It was a good thing we got there early, because the pharmacy got very busy just after we arrived.  The pharmacist was nice enough to come out to the car to administer the shots.

I will celebrate Persons with Disabilities today, and it should be celebrated everyday.  Spirit of the game and give a hug days are also to be celebrated.

An interesting quote from Maya Angelou, but I'm not sure if I agree with it entirely.  However, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when first meeting them.

The meal looks interesting as does the drink.  The wine is my go to white wine.  It is not as sweet as the late harvest Rieslings or the really sweet Rieslings, but for me, just the right hint of sweetness.

We have been to Reykjavik three times.  The first time was in 2003 on Rotterdam III roundtrip from NYC.  We were there again on Prinsendam in 2016 and 2017.  We have always found interesting things to do and see, but never have had enough time to look around Reykjavik itself.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, you and BFF are in my thoughts as you say goodbye to DF.  

@mamaofami  A suggestion about the white letters on the blue background.  Before you change the background color, click on the A to the left, and change the color of the letters to black, then follow the directions for changing the background.  Otherwise, you could wind up with white letters on a white background.  On CC it's still easy to correct that, but on the computer it isn't, and I know that first hand.  😱

@rafinmd  Roy, I happy the medicine seems to helping.

@dobiemom  🎈 🛳️ BON VOYAGE!  🥂🍾

@aliaschief Bruce, I hope that cold clears up by Monday.

@RedneckBob  🛳️ BON VOYAGE! 🍷  Enjoy your cruise on NA.

@marshhawk  Annie, I ordered my Christmas cards on Amazon.  They had a great selection.

@Cruzin Terri  Teri, I agree with the others, go on the cruise and get a good rest both mentally and physically.  I think it will give you a new outlook on all that's going on.

@bennybear  Brenda, I'm glad the two skin cancer excisions, and the new crown are behind you.

@grapau27  Graham, good luck with your appointments next week.

I have enjoyed all the pictures of Iceland that everyone has shared.  Now, I'll follow the link to Rich's page, and add my pictures.

Lenda

16 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from a very rainy Tucson!  I knew rain was in the weekend forecast but didn’t realize that it would last all day. The tree is ready for me to start putting on ornaments. Not sure what I’m making today, but I’m leaning toward a tortellini soup and ham sandwiches. I’ve made a version of today’s meal suggestion but really prefer my tortillas rolled up as enchiladas and with corn tortillas please. Flour tortillas are a Tex-Mex thing, IMO. Here flour tortillas are for quesadillas and fajitas. 

Since I have difficulty with stairs now I really appreciate handrails. So I’ll celebrate Disabilities Day. I really noticed a lack of handrails during our last two cruises. When on excursions I use one of my hiking poles, just in case. 

Thinking about Vanessa @JazzyV and her BFF today.  

Graham @grapau27, good wishes for your upcoming appointments. 

Gerry @ger_77, I watched the first few minutes of the video and it is beautifully produced and narrated. 

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you friends for all your good wishes for my medical appointments on 12th and 13th December.

Graham.

• Like 13

Good morning, Dailyites!  We are planning to put up the outdoor Christmas lights today, as the sun is shining, we don't know for how long...  The last few days there has been snow off and on, with occasional rain to melt the snow.  

We bottled wine yesterday and this little gift basket was in the window of the shop - very appropriate for us.

IMG_2152.thumb.jpeg.7230a6528ee1bf2278b047a7b74fe764.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 24

Thank you Rich, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Cat Shepard, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

One of my many pictures from last year's trip to Iceland. The Icelandic National Flag.

A6500433.thumb.JPG.81bfea1bd6cbfb9f08517d5db129f2e9.JPG

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 27

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Our last day in Reykjavik in 2017, we drove southwest of town around the Reykjanasbaer Peninsula, with side trips to Keflavik and Gardur before stopping at the Blue Lagoon.

I think these are of Gardur, and that I didn't get any of Keflavik as we drove through.

DSC09862.thumb.JPG.5e3c270c9ad10111e90bdcf4c25fdbdb.JPG

DSC09864.thumb.JPG.ae9ab053d429c6ac5d2102508fd99f43.JPG

DSC09867.thumb.JPG.cc2c2d2cc1623287168aff39e385ef98.JPG

After we left Gardur,, we came across an area where the Rif between the continental plates was visible.  We liked it better since it was easier to see and and not nearly as crowded.  This time we just walked across the bridge between Europe and North America.

DSC09878.thumb.JPG.997ab48c202f307f8be82d9e8ac8bcf7.JPG

DSC09880.thumb.JPG.e915a98d2c41882e5985fbb729fd574f.JPGDSC09881.thumb.JPG.c010e5923e942816b6494adc0d04898c.JPG

DSC09884.thumb.JPG.fd72b390c8e56cf8aae35a461c6ee664.JPG

DSC09885.thumb.JPG.b5c8b180af5f15ede2462be4bd175f33.JPG

DSC09887.thumb.JPG.cda09637a2a57548478e08a69e1f1f14.JPG

Our final stop (and my final pictures today) was the Blue Lagoon.

DSC09896.thumb.JPG.f7eb1be69de3f5bfbb09678a10b392db.JPG

DSC09904.thumb.JPG.4e493aa7adc7f1b3d4a3682e9b1a2251.JPG

DSC09907.thumb.JPG.f05e285e05f4337a8df5696af1b80fd2.JPG

Lenda

Thank you for all of your stunning photos Lenda.

Good wishes for Steve's continuing recovery too.

Graham.

• Like 7