Alaska Wow

PACD_JG

9 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

That’s a lot of Alaska! Sadly it misses some beautiful scenery by taking the route outside of Vancouver Island, rather than the other side.

I guess only cruises starting in Vancouver do the Inside Passage; those from Seattle go on the outside.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Map shows outside passage. HAL itinerary reads inside passage northbound.

That phraseology is commonly used to describe virtually all Alaska cruises. But they would have enough time on this cruise, unlike most Alaska cruises out of Seattle, to actually go up the eastern side of Vancouver Island.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I'm excited. First time I have been this excited about an itinerary in years! 
Thanks for posting it. 

I went immediately to the HAL web page to check it out!  Great itinerary R/T from Seattle,too.  This is the second unusual itinerary…..is HAL listening to customers and offering unique itineraries?  We already booked the March 2024 Mexico Solar Eclipse Cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RuthC said:

I'm excited. First time I have been this excited about an itinerary in years! 
Thanks for posting it. 

Ok, Ruth, don’t take the very best inside cabin - that one is for me😁

I wasn’t planning on going to Alaska by sea for a while but this is a game changer .  See you all there 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I regret not purchasing a FCC last month while on the Nieuw Statendam.   At this time, I am not comfortable with giving HAL $3500 of my money.  I cruise again on HAL in May so perhaps will book onboard.  We have a college graduation in 2024 so need to see if there is a conflict in dates.  What a wonderful itinerary.

• Like 4

Regarding the 'HAVE IT ALL Early Booking Bonus' that is offered.  The terms are very confusing to me.  It seems that the bonus offer is that you pay more to include Elite Beverage Pack, Premium Internet and Crew Appreciation.  $50pppd. 

Is the offer the same on the far side of the 'Pond'?

HAVE IT ALL EARLY BOOKING BONUS

For a limited time only, for the same price as Have It All, you can enjoy a premium, upgraded package that includes high-value amenities for 1st/2nd guests only:

Shore Excursions
The longer you cruise, the more you can explore. Cruise 6 to 9 days and get US$100 Shore Excursion Credit; 10 to 20 days and get US$200 Shore Excursion Credit; 21+ days and get US$300 Shore Excursion Credit! Up to $100 value per tour or $100 off any tour. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom.

Elite Beverage Package
Choose from a large selection top shelf wine, beer, spirits and cocktails, plus non-alcoholic options like sodas, specialty coffess and more - with service charges included. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom.

Specialty Dining
Enhance your cruise with award-winning specialty dining at Pinnacle Grill, Canaletto or Tamarind. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom.

Premium Wi-Fi
Stay connected throughout your journey with premium satellite Wi-Fi.. Surf the web, use social media, check email and send messages to friends and family. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom. 

Crew Appreciation
Receive prepaid stateroom crew gratuities included. Crew Appreciation is a daily amount per guest that is paid entirely to Holland America Line crew members to recognize their efforts. Gratuities for other services, including bar, dining room, wine accounts and spa/salon services are not included. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom. 

For a total value of US$130 per person / per day, you pay $50 per person / per day - an overall savings of 65%. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Regarding the 'HAVE IT ALL Early Booking Bonus' that is offered.  The terms are very confusing to me.  It seems that the bonus offer is that you pay more to include Elite Beverage Pack, Premium Internet and Crew Appreciation.  $50pppd. 

For a limited time only, for the same price as Have It All, you can enjoy a premium, upgraded package that includes high-value amenities for 1st/2nd guests only:

Shore Excursions
The longer you cruise, the more you can explore. Cruise 6 to 9 days and get US$100 Shore Excursion Credit; 10 to 20 days and get US$200 Shore Excursion Credit; 21+ days and get US$300 Shore Excursion Credit! Up to $100 value per tour or $100 off any tour. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom.

Elite Beverage Package
Choose from a large selection top shelf wine, beer, spirits and cocktails, plus non-alcoholic options like sodas, specialty coffess and more - with service charges included. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom.

Specialty Dining
Enhance your cruise with award-winning specialty dining at Pinnacle Grill, Canaletto or Tamarind. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom.

Premium Wi-Fi
Stay connected throughout your journey with premium satellite Wi-Fi.. Surf the web, use social media, check email and send messages to friends and family. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom. 

Crew Appreciation
Receive prepaid stateroom crew gratuities included. Crew Appreciation is a daily amount per guest that is paid entirely to Holland America Line crew members to recognize their efforts. Gratuities for other services, including bar, dining room, wine accounts and spa/salon services are not included. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom. 

For a total value of US$130 per person / per day, you pay $50 per person / per day - an overall savings of 65%. 

$50 USD is the standard rate for HIA.  

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Shore Excursions

Elite Beverage Package

Specialty Dining

Premium Wi-Fi

Crew Appreciation

We got that "early booking bonus" email, too.  Basically just as you said - pay an extra US$50 pp/pd for the HIA.  There is also an extra OBC available, and we got crew appreciation, too, on our early booking for 2024, but I'm not sure if that is still around.  The HIA is actually a pretty good deal, if you have lots of sea days and can drink a lot!😄

• Like 2