The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday December 11th, 2022

richwmn

Today is National App Day, Holiday Food Drive for Needy Animals Day, and UNICEF Day for Change

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday, Billy Sunday, the Man and His Message; With His Own Words Which Have Won Thousands for Christ

Meal Suggestion for today - Butternut Squash Risotto
Drink of the Day - Voodoo Hurricane
Wine of the Day - Domaine de l'Espigouette 2018 Vieilles Vignes Red
Destination of the Day - Djupivogur, Iceland

Eurodam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico eta 12/12

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 12/13

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 12/12

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Sea Day Destination Oranjestad, Aruba Eta 12/12

Zaandam

Mindelo, Sao Vicente Island, Cape Verde 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Dry Dock Freeport, Bahamas Completion 12/14

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Melbourne, Victoria Australia - 17:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Fiordland National Park

2111Caribbean.thumb.png.26c34009db20cc576b6b3adc9dbcd7e7.png

1211World.thumb.png.f79f7774b0493b209bb827dcc94c690a.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

It's snowing!❄️ 

It seems like there's an app for everything if you look around long enough.  I support food drive for animals.  I applaud the UNICEF Day for Change.

Love the quote!

I'll pass on the meal.

The drink sounds potent, hope the wine is good.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Thank you for today's daily fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Nearly every company seems to have Apps now and they try to get us to use them.

Unfortunately there are too many needy animals and we should all do something to help feed them.

I don't agree with today's quote.

Going to church is a spiritual experience and makes us better people.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who need them.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 18

Thanks for the Fleet Update and general info.

Sunrise, well not quite a sunrise this AM in the Caribbean off the coast of Cuba. I could not wait for the rise, it was too windy. “How windy was it RNB”? It was so windy the wind chill was 72 degrees, It was so windy I was afraid my neck would bend and leave a crack in my red neck.”

ACBCC003-065B-49A4-85E8-48D43FC5544E.thumb.jpeg.00c3bbe90a099204001f57b209fd7d38.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  I feel too many things become apps and overload our devices but will applaud the other 2 days, and like the Billy Sunday quote.  I visited Djupivogur on my very first cruise on the Elegant Explorer in 2011.  I'll pass on the meal.   My alternative is Chilled Peach and Ginger Soup, Quail with Apricot Bread stuffing, and Cherry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam December 11, 2013.

Today’s care list:

RIP FF Zachary Paris and Marvin Grube LODD, 12/7/22  Schuylkill County Pa.
HALsailer DSIL with cancer and very weak
summer slope DH with covid and both quarantined
lazey1 with post cruise Covid
USN59-79 with leg fracture
Marshhawk DH family illnesses
Ichiban Nekko with post pneumonia fatigue
From the rotation:
Crabbbi Patti dealing with Dad’s dimentia
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Granham upcoming appointments December 12 and 13
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rotterdam

rd1211.thumb.JPG.558b45646d087e0c809f136

and my next BHB in Everglades

na1211.thumb.JPG.e4a77655b2d6b4d13bb3bab

6 days for Kazu (Koningsdam 12/17 to 1/7/23)
Bon Voyage Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam 12/11 to 1/25/23)
Welcome home Mister67
SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/12), RedbeckBob (Nieuw Statendam to 12/17),  StLouisCruiser & Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) and Cruisin Terri (Insignia  to 12/28) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Still a bit too dark to be sure, but though it is cloudy, yesterday’s fog is gone. 

Roy hope you are doing better.  Off to the gym, then Aldi and Bindi walks are in my future. Last night’s birthday celebration was so much fun.  

083E5896-F470-4EE4-8FE5-04521589BB52.jpeg.ca5da47f57aac377525b00e28b8f0fe7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Bon Voyage Joy & Allen! Get well & stay well everyone!

Domaine de l'Espigouette 2018 Vieilles Vignes

This Côte du Rhône sounds lovely, and if I can find it locally, I would try it. A bit elusive, but I found a couple of online distributors with prices starting at $17.99.

Distributor Notes

Domaine de l’ Espigouette is an organically grown vineyard that has been family run for four generations, and is located in the Rhone Valley of France. The estate is currently run by Bernard Latour, his wife, and his two sons Julian and Emilien; who carefully work the vineyard according to the climatic characteristics of vintage and different terroirs. The multiplicity of the soil brings complexity to the different wines of the area, and the rollers provide rich, bold wines, while sandy and clay soils provide elegance, finesse and depth. Dark, dense colored. Smells of dark cherries, clove and spice. Medium to full bodied. Balanced, long and classy

70% GRENACHE, 10% SYRAH, 10% MOURVÈDRE, 5% CARIGNAN, 5% CINSAULT

93 Wine Enthusiast

• Like 20
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  I feel too many things become apps and overload our devices but will applaud the other 2 days, and like the Billy Sunday quote.  I visited Djupivogur on my very first cruise on the Elegant Explorer in 2011.  I'll pass on the meal.   My alternative is Chilled Peach and Ginger Soup, Quail with Apricot Bread stuffing, and Cherry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam December 11, 2013.

Today’s care list:

RIP FF Zachary Paris and Marvin Grube LODD, 12/7/22  Schuylkill County Pa.
HALsailer DSIL with cancer and very weak
summer slope DH with covid and both quarantined
lazey1 with post cruise Covid
USN59-79 with leg fracture
Marshhawk DH family illnesses
Ichiban Nekko with post pneumonia fatigue
From the rotation:
Crabbbi Patti dealing with Dad’s dimentia
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Granham upcoming appointments December 12 and 13
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rotterdam

rd1211.thumb.JPG.558b45646d087e0c809f136

and my next BHB in Everglades

na1211.thumb.JPG.e4a77655b2d6b4d13bb3bab

6 days for Kazu (Koningsdam 12/17 to 1/7/23)
Bon Voyage Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam 12/11 to 1/25/23)
Welcome home Mister67
SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/12), RedbeckBob (Nieuw Statendam to 12/17),  StLouisCruiser & Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) and Cruisin Terri (Insignia  to 12/28) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Hopefully I will have had my skin cancers removed before I post tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 15

thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

I will happily celebrate food for needy animals and UNICEF every day 🙂.  Like  @rafinmdI feel like there are too many apps and too many want you to download theirs.

I really like today’s quote.  I have often said that what you do one day of the week for one hour doesn’t make you a Christian - it’s what you do all week that counts.

Watching the weather predictions - a behemoth of a storm which will be 3,000 km wide is set to start - it’s going to be a mess for a lot of people far and wide - including my friends like @ger_77on the frozen tundra.  Hoping everyone can stay safe 🤞 https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/potent-3-000-km-long-storm-to-produce-prairie-blizzards-and-south-tornadoes

8E0D9894-6BE5-40C6-8D47-A776302DFB14.thumb.jpeg.f68b879a8d656aa323553710fdd8eb1e.jpeg

Had a lovely afternoon yesterday with my BFF first and then my lovely neighbourhood ladies.  I really am blessed with the neighbours that I have ❤️ 

Today, I have to buckle down and get my mess from wrapping cleaned up and work on the house and set some clothes aside “in case”.  the foot is going to get a work out whether it wants it or not.  If it looks like I can go, I have gifts to deliver 🎁.  Just playing a bit of Santa Claus 😉 

8E9996AA-542B-45E5-B109-03681BBCCEFE.thumb.jpeg.9d3bf166289062ef7dbf3757d0beb461.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

8E495722-261D-4407-99CA-588E106CEE8C.thumb.jpeg.f0f9d42c790ad9e89354a70de52e195a.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone and stay safe.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I'll pass on today's meal suggestion and instead will have roast beef.  Overnight we had a light dusting of snow with more predicted for later today.  I ran all my errands yesterday so I'm planning on staying home unless DH has other ideas.  I hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

From the Amsterdam, 2017.

20171220_194318.thumb.jpg.a640cdd5ffa3b12237ddeb1b2926f79b.jpg

• Like 23

Good morning, everyone!

We had some snow last night, just enough to make the trees look pretty.  I'm sure it will be gone by this afternoon unless we get more of it.  My walk will probably be indoors today as the driveway and sidewalks can be a bit slick, especially in heavily treed areas.  

I like today's quote.  What happens in the church needs to carry forth once you leave and far too often, it doesn't.  I'm skipping the meal today - way too many carbs for me.  The drink sounds like it would be good on Hallowe'en.  I hope someone posts pictures of today's port.  I'm going there next summer, God willing.  

As I mentioned before, today's meal is carb heavy.  It is most likely delightful to eat, but it would knock me out.  This first recipe calls for a brown, short grained rice instead of the usual white.  It gives it a nice nutty flavor that pairs well with the butternut squash.    https://cookieandkate.com/roasted-butternut-squash-risotto/

2043718916_butternutsquashrisotto1.thumb.jpg.09903688f95701cb852e410f6042635b.jpg

This next one uses the regular Arborio white rice and the cooking method is a little different.  But, I would bet the results are just as good.  https://www.loveandlemons.com/butternut-squash-risotto/

997845507_butternutsquashrisotto2.thumb.jpg.a4a8617cdcf78f1665b154dfac014ee6.jpg

This last one lists the carb count as 52 g per serving.  Wow!  That is almost double my limit.  I try to stick to 30 per meal.  No wonder I get sleepy looking at it.  But, I bet it is good!  https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a44148/butternut-squash-risotto-parmesan-recipe/

208415949_butternutsquashrisotto3.jpg.f31079f222a48930837425bbe5bbbb2d.jpg

Enjoy, whatever you fix for dinner.  I loved my salmon and snow peas last night.  I might have to repeat!   Rapid healing to all who are ailing and wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 11

Good morning everyone.I like all the days, but I have to say although there are way too many company apps, my grandson published one called “ Should I ? “ which is a help for making decisions and sells for 99 cents. He was 15/when he got the patent for it.

Yesterday AM I was lucky enough to zoom the Bar Mitzvah of our cousin’s grandson which took place outside Boston. My kids and 2 grandsons were there in person but I couldn’t make the five hour trip. I love modern technology when it works, but I was sad and happy at the same time. Happy to see relatives I haven’t seen since the start of the pandemic and sad that I couldn’t be there in person.Besides seeing the entire ceremony, my daughter kept sending me pictures of the luncheon. 
We’re expecting either rain or snow late tonight. They can’t make up their minds yet. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Apps are great, but every store you go to wants you to download theirs; I've got way too many on my phone - I think it's time to start deleting some.  Whenever we drop things into the bins at the grocery store, I always include a couple of cans of cat food and a bag of dry as well. How many of us remember collecting for UNICEF in school?  We always hoped things would change.

I believe today's quote is true; I don't go to church any more, but both DH and I are spiritual people.  We don't feel the need to have a building around us to be able to commune with a greater power; prayer can take place anywhere - in the forest, in a car, in the shower, wherever you want.

@kazuI hope the impending storm doesn't affect your travel plans; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  Looking at the weather maps, it seems we might escape the storm's wrath, but you never know.

Well the little shortbread logs didn't get made yesterday; after a shopping trip to a newly opened cheese store and a stop for lunch, a nap seemed like a good idea.  By the time I woke up it was too late to start the whole baking process, so it fell by the wayside.  I did, however, get the Christmas cards addressed, and will head out to the postbox later today to send them on their way.

I think today's menu suggestion would make a nice side dish, but will take a pass on it.  We have a lot of pulled pork to work through, so tonight will be a repeat of last night's dinner - pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to everyone with something to celebrate.  Be safe, stay well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning friends!  We're sailing west towards Aruba this morning and there are many birds flying right alongside the ship.  Something different to watch as we sail along.  Thanks Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Worthy days of celebration.  No thanks to the menu suggestion, drink or wine.  Thank you Roy for the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for those on the extensive Care list.  Thank you Graham for Father David's sermon.  Cheers to the Celebration list.  Yesterday the decorations for Christmas arrived and they set right to decorating.  There are trees and garlands scattered everywhere.  Speaking of Christmas trees, DD sent me a couple photos of her Celebration tree in her foyer, all decorated for December.  It's different than last year, and all I can say is Wow, I love it!  I'll have to get it off my phone and post separately since Shutterfly isn't an option this trip.

We went to Pinnacle Grill for dinner last night but it wasn't the best.  The lobster bisque was salty this week DH said.  And both our steaks were way undercooked and had to go back so they're never the same when they return. 

Today's port destination is Djupivogur, Iceland which is one I've never been to before.  A good reason to go back!  Hope to see some photos today.  Here is a link to the last date we saw this unique port, July 13, 2021. 

I hope all our sick ones are improving and we find even more reasons to celebrate each day.  Have a great Sunday!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Here’s the latest Celebration tree from DD. She deserves an award in my book!  Tuesday the 13th she’s having surgery on one foot so will be off her feet for 2 weeks and we will all be doing the Christmas dinner for her. She deserves a break after all she does for her family, her school and community.  

Love this gorgeous December tree. 26DA5433-82F7-446C-A28C-618E8D36375E.thumb.jpeg.9e1faa500e8986b01681a0a824293d7a.jpeg

2DF7B8A8-9F78-4386-A81C-6E31B959C126.thumb.jpeg.d60512e283ab60156eb8309910111aec.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Getting ready for on line church services. Last night Sue outdid herself and made a so delicious lobster risotto dinner. Enough left over we just may have it again tonight.

Might come back when I have more time. In the meantime thanks for the reports and list.

image.jpeg.28ce95907bc380a9ed2349d6b8b333b3.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 11

Good morning.  Tested DH myself this morning and it was negative.  We have to wait until the 14th for the ship to test him.  I'm 3 days negative, never positive.

]

Voodoo Hurricane cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® 9 Spiced Rum
1 part Cruzan® 151 Rum
1 part Cruzan® Vanilla Rum
3 parts Orange Juice
3 parts Pineapple Juice
1/2 part Grenadine
1 Fruit Wedge

Instructions
Combine all ingredients, mix well. Pour over crushed ice in a tall glass. Garnish with fruit wedge.

Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 8.48.35 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

Good morning to all and thanks for the Daily. Snow and rain are expected tonight and tomorrow morning but it is not like rain what our Northern friends will be experiencing.  @kazu, Jacqui, I am so hoping you can make it to San Diego for your cruise.Fingers and toes crossed.

There is an app I have used recently that is for takeout and delivery. Yesterday we had a Diner delivery for dinner and had a happy group around the table. We have not been to the port but would love pictures. @ger_77, we are on the same page regarding the quote. 

@grapau27, Graham, I am sending my prayers that the procedures go well tomorrow. I am sorry you have had to do this again after your last experience.Hugs to you both.

Yesterday I called my son to tell him that we would not be able to travel to his home for Christmas. I am unable to drive and DH  stopped  driving several years ago.I felt  badly because I so appreciate the effort he makes to incorporate my mom’s Swedish traditions into the festivities. My grandchildren now bake four varieties of cookies that  I grew up with and the  Christmas Eve. smorgasbord is great. Hopefully next year will be an improvement!

Enjoy the day but be careful out there.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Tested DH myself this morning and it was negative.  We have to wait until the 14th for the ship to test him.  I'm 3 days negative, never positive.

]

Voodoo Hurricane cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® 9 Spiced Rum
1 part Cruzan® 151 Rum
1 part Cruzan® Vanilla Rum
3 parts Orange Juice
3 parts Pineapple Juice
1/2 part Grenadine
1 Fruit Wedge

Instructions
Combine all ingredients, mix well. Pour over crushed ice in a tall glass. Garnish with fruit wedge.

Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 8.48.35 AM.png

Dixie, it's a pity he is testing negative yet has to wait until the 14th for the ship testing to occur.  So happy you haven't turned up positive!

8 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@StLouisCruisersGorgeous tree. 

Thanks!  Wish I had something to do with it but I'm just the messenger.😁

7 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning to all and thanks for the Daily. Snow and rain are expected tonight and tomorrow morning but it is not like rain what our Northern friends will be experiencing.  @kazu, Jacqui, I am so hoping you can make it to San Diego for your cruise.Fingers and toes crossed.

There is an app I have used recently that is for takeout and delivery. Yesterday we had a Diner delivery for dinner and had a happy group around the table. We have not been to the port but would love pictures. @ger_77, we are on the same page regarding the quote. 

@grapau27, Graham, I am sending my prayers that the procedures go well tomorrow. I am sorry you have had to do this again after your last experience.Hugs to you both.

Yesterday I called my son to tell him that we would not be able to travel to his home for Christmas. I am unable to drive and DH  stopped  driving several years ago.I felt  badly because I so appreciate the effort he makes to incorporate my mom’s Swedish traditions into the festivities. My grandchildren now bake four varieties of cookies that  I grew up with and the  Christmas Eve. smorgasbord is great. Hopefully next year will be an improvement!

Enjoy the day but be careful out there.

I'm sad to hear you can't make it to your son's house for Christmas but it's good when we know our limitations and don't do too much.  Hopefully next year you will be back to your old self and able to enjoy the holiday traditions with the family.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Daily Report!  It's snowing here with big, fluffy flakes  drifting slowly to the ground.  The trees and bushes are covered.  It looks so pretty  BUT I am NOT going out in it!  I plan on doing some Christmas baking today. Dh loves coconut, so I am starting with making him some macaroons.  Recipe calls for 5   1/2 cups of coconut!  I also have a bit of a messy kitchen to start off with because dh cooked last night.  

• Like 23

Good Sunday morning!  Thanks for Fleet and Daily Reports.   I agree about the apps, so many phones come pre-loaded with them and I never get around to deleting them.   I have about 4 I use regularly.    Food drives for animals are important especially for those in shelters and also people who are having a hard time feeding their pets.   Today's quote is a good one in my book.   So many go to church but don't follow Matthew 7 and judge others.    As Christ said they only pay "lip service".  Thank you for Father David's sermon today @grapau27and I hope all goes well with your skin cancer surgery tomorrow.   

I will pass on the risotto and the high powered cocktail.   The wine sounds great.  I like Cote de Rhone wines and they are good values.   

Prayer's for all on our long care list and for the people of Ukraine.   DB was laying in bed when I visited yesterday.    He did have PT and OT on his schedule.   He said he is so weak but hopefully he will finally bounce back.   I had planned a 70th birthday party for me with my siblings on the 18th and inviting my DB and DSIL and at the same dinner have a mini surprise 80th birthday for him since we will be at sea on his birthday in March.  Sadly that won't happen.    He can be there in spirit.    I pray he will be home for Christmas.  What a 4 months this has been.   

Our afternoon will be watching football in 2 separate rooms since DFs Vikings and my Ravens are on at the same time.  Later in the day we have a holiday wine dinner with our local chapter of the American Wine Society.   Tomorrow I will be late checking in as I have an 8:00 appointment for my annual skin cancer check.   

@StLouisCruisersYour DD's Holiday tree is beautiful!  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2