Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

Just now, dahirsh said:

yes there is.  right at the top of the menu.

Thanks for helping me avoid a panic attack. My wife likes the escargot. I would hate to have to threaten to leave RCI for another cruise line 🥺 but a passenger has to draw the line somewhere. 🤯

"Of all the lousy ways to save a buck!" National Lampoon Christmas Vacation.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Do you realize that there was variety on the present menu.  The only items were the 4 entrees in the classic side remained constant. The classic was a fallback for diners thst did not like the entrees on certain nights. 

By the way baked Alaska is on the present menu also.  You would have liked the old way of waiters carrying or placing the on fire baked Alaska as they traipsed and danced in the MDR. 

Yes, I realize that. I still like and appreciate the new menu.

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I always find those comments about "post whoring" pretty silly.   OK...what exactly do you get if your post numbers are up?  Points, bonuses, "at a boy/girl".....what?  😉  😄  

Good grief, let people have their fun.  If you don't like the post number listed...don't look at it!  

IKR? This isn't reddit lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, waverunner43 said:

I totally agree.  The new menus and the theme nights are ridiculous.  No shrimp cocktail, escargot or onion soup on a daily basis.  This change in all probability has nothing to do with shortening the time spent in the dining room.  It's l about cutting back. Royal will be saving at least 25% on each meal but none of the savings will be passed on to the passengers.  If I wanted to eat something that would be served at Applebee's, I can skip the cruise and save $400 a day.  If Royal doesn't reverse course on this ridiculous change, I will be canceling our family cruise in 2024 and pocket the cost of the six cabins.

I’d love to see the calculations on the “25% savings per meal”

• Haha 2

As someone who has many food intolerances - not allergies, but I simply CANNOT eat certain foods, the very idea makes me nauseous and feel like I will be sick - the fact that these new menus are lacking the everyday classics is a huge disappointment to me. It looks like our waiter is going to be asking the kitchen to make modifications to my entree pretty much every night, and the results will be only just  bearable to me. They really should have left on the classic everyday dishes to please the plain eaters on board. How difficult is it to offer a simple chicken breast plate/spaghetti bolognese/salmon choice?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Is there still a separate Vegan menu?

Yes, most definitely. You can view the daily menus on the app (Scroll down past the kids menu.)  or you can ask for a paper version. Either one

I have some all-time favorites that I order most every cruise. Sone are  the cherry tomato, gazpacho (The waiter always says to me, “you know that’s cold soup , don’t you“, quinoa/fennel , grilled pea h salad,  rice, paper rolls. I used to order the  spaghetti “ Bolognese”  but it has become too spicy for my taste. 

There is a nice variety of appetizers, entrées, and dessert for each evening.  It looks like some vegan options are incorporated into the new menus.

m

10 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes, most definitely. You can view the daily menus on the app (Scroll down past the kids menu.)  or you can ask for a paper version. Either one

I have some all-time favorites that I order most every cruise. Sone are  the cherry tomato, gazpacho (The waiter always says to me, “you know that’s cold soup , don’t you“, quinoa/fennel , grilled pea h salad,  rice, paper rolls. I used to order the  spaghetti “ Bolognese”  but it has become too spicy for my taste. 

There is a nice variety of appetizers, entrées, and dessert for each evening.  It looks like some vegan options are incorporated into the new menus.

m

10 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I realize these were available, as stated earlier. I don’t see it on the current Symphony sailing last time I checked.

Edited by c-leg5

I have been really tired of the same old meals for many, many cruises.  Especially the first four nights, which are served on every single cruise.  I don’t see enough new items, and the limited number of items generally means that it is not going to take long to reach the same level of boredom. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have been really tired of the same old meals for many, many cruises.  Especially the first four nights, which are served on every single cruise.  I don’t see enough new items, and the limited number of items generally means that it is not going to take long to reach the same level of boredom. 

Maybe you should recommend that the Dining Room randomly rotate the nightly themed menus to keep it fresh & interesting.  Also, as a fallback there is also a kiddie's or Vegan menu.😊

24 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Maybe you should recommend that the Dining Room randomly rotate the nightly themed menus to keep it fresh & interesting.  Also, as a fallback there is also a kiddie's or Vegan menu.😊

I just discovered the vegan and kiddie’s menus a few cruises ago and have ordered several new things that I enjoyed, probably because it was something different for a change.  It looks like there is one vegan option on the new menu every night.  No matter the order, though, it is too late for me.  I am just thoroughly tired of the same items.  We are not strictly loyal to Royal, though just over half of our cruises are on Royal, so at least we get to try some different things.  

23 hours ago, D4 said:

I’m on the Oasis right now (1/8/2023)

We were on Oasis for 2 weeks in March/April and the current menus are different.  I am gluten free and am disappointed that the menus on this sailing no longer include the dietary indicators. 

I used to place my gluten free order the night before with a head waiter.   Now I order with everyone else at the table.  My waiter says to let him know what I’d like and then he will find out if it can be gluten free.  That’s not efficient and it is dangerous especially with language issues.

This adds a lot more risk for people with allergies and unfairly puts a lot more pressure on the waiters.

Fortunately, I remember most things I ate in March.  But I also tell him safe alternates if my choices can’t be gluten free.  Otherwise he’d have to come back to tell me and have me pick something else.

Royal have no idea how to properly cater for those with allergies. On our cruise in aug asking the waiters was time consuming and often the wrong stuff brought out. The buffet had no segregation for different allergies, and we know how people struggle to use the one utensil for that item. When asked the server would go get the chef who pointed stuff out. Fortunately my gluten free coeliac mother was fine on the cruise but she did find it nervy and annoying to constantly ask and explain. But she really did limit her food intake just to make sure. 

I am shocked royal havent been checked and pulled up with lack of allergy information and segregation, but then i guess depends on what rules they follow. 

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

Have you seen a separate VEGAN menu since the new menus? I'm curious if it still exists. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Royal have no idea how to properly cater for those with allergies. On our cruise in aug asking the waiters was time consuming and often the wrong stuff brought out. The buffet had no segregation for different allergies, and we know how people struggle to use the one utensil for that item. When asked the server would go get the chef who pointed stuff out. Fortunately my gluten free coeliac mother was fine on the cruise but she did find it nervy and annoying to constantly ask and explain. But she really did limit her food intake just to make sure. 

I am shocked royal havent been checked and pulled up with lack of allergy information and segregation, but then i guess depends on what rules they follow. 

My granddaughter has a lactose allergy, and she was treated like a Princess.  Both on our Easter Anthem sail and Oasis October sail, the Headwaiter came over each night and went over the following evening's menu and modifications made to any selections.  One evening, on her behalf, we asked if they were able to get the special bread from Chop's and sure enough it was available the next evening.

Agree, the WJ is a totally different story.

On 1/8/2023 at 3:00 PM, island lady said:

Ok...count me in for thinking the new menus are pretty cool.   I love trying new things, and love that they are getting back to "theme nights" like the WJ does every night.  🙂 

Thanks OP for posting these!!  🥰

they look similar to what we had on the Allure in June 2022 and on Harmony in Nov 2021. 

A bit more limited, but still very similar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

On our cruise in aug asking the waiters was time consuming and often the wrong stuff brought out.

did you try asking the headwaiter?

My mom and dad have dietary restrictions for health reasons, and the headwaiter came to our table every night to work on the next evening's menu for my parents.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, molly361 said:

No lobster unless you want to pay extra?  Or did I miss it?  I guess the beef Wellington is already gone 

On 1/8/2023 at 11:15 AM, molly361 said:

Got it. Didn't pay attention to chef's recommendations. Thought that they were recommending items that were listed below thank you

I was like you... I missed the Chef's recommendations... I thought I lost my favorite beef tenderloin.  Found it on French night. 😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Going to have to disagree on this one. I have a family member with celiac disease; Royal Caribbean does a tremendous job catering to her needs. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Going to have to disagree on this one. I have a family member with celiac disease; Royal Caribbean does a tremendous job catering to her needs. 

My Grand daughter is Celiac, Soy and diary intolerant. The staff on Adventure were amazing for her.  

• Like 1

I like the looks of these menus! I like indian food and like those added options! I didn't see a night I would be disapointed. I'msure if someone wanted a plain pice of chicken or fish it could be accomadated because of special food/allergies ect they would have some on hand...

• Like 2