Afternoon tea still on?

Canuker

If you are in a suite then something close will be served daily in the Retreat.

If you are not in a suite then there is nothing close available anywhere onboard these days as the afternoon tea in the OVC has gone...

Afternoon tea at the buffet is no more.  I really don’t see why they don’t put a few savory sandwiches out in the afternoon at Caffe al Bacio like they once did.  Perhaps if enough of us suggest it, they will

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

Utterly pathetic.

Celebrity is getting creamed on the Oceania board. So many posters leaving Celebrity.

When I first cruised with C in 2000, there was high tea served in the forward observation lounge. In 2016, they served fancy sandwiches and desserts in El Baco.

Nothing but a downward spiral into mediocrity.

I presume C thinks they can get enough new customers who will not know any difference, I suspect that is C's strategy.

Celebrity = Decline

• Like 6

We had scones, clotted cream, and what I would consider tea sandwiches yesterday afternoon on the buffet on the Reflection, yesterday was the first day I checked.   Either the Reflection did not get the memo, or it is still available at OVC.   They also have had create your own omelets on the buffet every morning.  Plus, we have been able to order Escargot and French Onion soup in Blu.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CleoChase said:

We had scones, clotted cream, and what I would consider tea sandwiches yesterday afternoon on the buffet on the Reflection, yesterday was the first day I checked.   Either the Reflection did not get the memo, or it is still available at OVC.   They also have had create your own omelets on the buffet every morning.  Plus, we have been able to order Escargot and French Onion soup in Blu.   

We have always been able to get French onion soup, escargot,Cesar salad, shrimp cocktail,  baked potato and French fries in Blu.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have always been able to get French onion soup, escargot,Cesar salad, shrimp cocktail,  baked potato and French fries in Blu.

I saw last week that they had been discontinued in Blu, which made me question our decision to thy Aqua for this cruise.  I am not a picky eater, but I do have weird food allergy which can make it difficult to find anything I can eat at times.   Only one night thus far has been an issue and we talked to the waiter and he took care of me.  I don't usually go into my food allergy because it is something that I can avoid and honestly when I am with my family, it becomes a circus.  Some of us can't have onions, some can't have any night shades so no garlic or shallots either, we have a nut allergy, a gluten allergy, a citrus food allergy... it is just too much.  Our waiter told us that mains from main dining are hard but that they aren't having an issue getting starters.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CleoChase said:

We got scones and tea sandwiches on the Reflection yesterday.   

So are the other responses more misinformation? I'm not trying to disrespect the other replies. I just feel like I have to sift through a lot of misinformation to get the realistic picture. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

So are the other responses more misinformation? I'm not trying to disrespect the other replies. I just feel like I have to sift through a lot of misinformation to get the realistic picture. 

No, I would venture to say that the other responses are also accurate and that this is a ship by ship thing determined by the Food and Beverage manager onboard the ship. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

No, I would venture to say that the other responses are also accurate and that this is a ship by ship thing determined by the Food and Beverage manager onboard the ship. 

I agree.  I think it could easily vary by ship. Just to make sure I was not misrepresenting what is happening on the Reflection I just screen shot what is on the X app for today and they are actually advertising that Tea is available in the buffet. My mom would not consider this “Tea” so it could also be that some people are stating that don’t have it in a dining area.   I was just happy to get tea sandwiches and scones.  

16D9533C-D88E-4406-9478-5AB8FEF694E6.png

• Like 1

No afternoon sandwiches or scones in OVC on Equinox this week.  Pretty much only pizza 🍕.  And ice cream.  It would be nice if they at least added cheese and crackers!  And fruits.

If in a suite the Retreat Lounge has a good selection of snacks, fruits and treats starting around 4PM.  Or you can always get a cookie or sweet snack at Cafe AB anytime.

2 hours ago, barneyboy said:

Have they discontinued the sandwiches and scones in the Oceanview at 4pm daily?

On Solstice and Summit they did away with it.   When on Silhouette - being based in UK they did have.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, basil1 said:

I am sailing on the Constellation next week and I just checked the app and it says "snacks" in the OVC from 4:00-5:00. Not sure what that means but it doesn't say tea.

When I sailed Edge in 2021 it was listed as "snacks" from 4-5 and that was the tea time. There were scones, clotted cream, etc. I think it is just dependent on the ships. I had family sail Edge and Equinox within months of each other in 2022 and Edge had the "snacks" listed and Equinox did not, and had nothing besides pizza in the buffet at that time. 

• Like 1