Deft tile shortage throughout the fleet suggestion.

2LoveBikes

Just off Koningsdam this morning.  No tiles but a memo of apology and promise to redeem if presented on next cruise.

Suggestion.  Rather than wasting the printing cost why don't they update everyone's Navigator in the Accounts section where guest can show to Guest Services on their next cruise to redeem.   

How many people will lose that card their next cruise?

This may also be a means for HAL to electronically track the number of backlogged tiles.  If you agree please respond AGREE.

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2LoveBikes said:

Suggestion.  Rather than wasting the printing cost why don't they update everyone's Navigator in the Accounts section where guest can show to Guest Services on their next cruise to redeem.   

How many people will lose that card their next cruise?

Nice suggestion, but not everyone has a smartphone. Not sure the HAL IT department could figure out how to do this. I've filed my card with the papers for my next cruise . which happens to be on the same ship.

A funny about the tiles: We were on a B2B in Nov/Dec 22.  On the 1st leg we got that letter talking about low inventory, so sorry, etc ....  Then on the 2nd leg we received 2 tiles in our cabin.  So did they find some tiles somewhere on the turn around day?

My question is, what do you do with these tiles?  We just stash them in a drawer along with our freebies from Carnival.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

On our last recent cruise the book exchange shelf was where tiles were left by those who did not want them.

Maybe a good place to use to get rid of extras. (Hide them behind the books.) 😉

I can see it now people hiding their unwanted tiles around the ships like the cruise rubber ducks.🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, 2LoveBikes said:

Rather than wasting the printing cost why don't they update everyone's Navigator in the Accounts section where guest can show to Guest Services on their next cruise to redeem.   

There are way more high priority updates needed in the Navigator app. The time spent programming this can be much better spent.

51 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I have had an idea about this for awhile.  Give each cruiser who would qualify for a tile a choice between receiving a tile or a small OBC that is non-refundable.  

I like this idea.  On our last cruise (Nieuw Statendam October-November) we received 8 tiles.  I would rather have the OBC.

• Like 1

I wish they would set up a table for those of us who want a tile to go and pick it up - exchange "X" (whatever they would decide X would be) that would be left in the cabin.  So those who don't want one doesn't need to have one.  No waiting; open times posted (sea days would be great).  I want them and trying to get all of them to make either a table or hanging trivet or something. I am trying to get one from every ship.  So far I have 4 and hoping I get 4 more on the ships I have booked.  Then only 3 more ships to book!!  🙂 

• Like 3

You didn't offer the option, but disagree is my response to the original query. 

It's a tile. If someone can't keep track of HAL's IOU, they don't want it very much. How hard can it be to keep it packed in your luggage? It won't get lost, or forgotten when you unpack in your next cruise cabin. 

• Like 2

Maybe there should be a separate thread for ideas on ways to use the tiles.  They are very pretty tiles, coasters are a nice idea, but they don't go with my decor.  I am not complaining about the tiles, nice gesture from HAL... I am surprised they still give them out.  Carnival used to give very nice Platinum gifts, but they are mere trinkets now-drink cozy, lanyard, luggage tags.  I am sure this was a cost saving measure, & again I am not complaining- a gift is a gift.

• Like 2

The tiles are ship specific.  I have two tile IOU’s from the Koningsdam.  My next cruise is on a different ship.  I’ll have to sail on the Koningsdam again to (maybe) receive my Koningsdam IOU tiles unless each ship has an assortment of tiles to fulfill the IOU promises of other ships.

@2LoveBikes Some travelers don’t know about or care about the tiles.  Most of these promised tiles will be forgotten along with the apology.  The paperwork will be lost or discarded.  Maybe the days of tiles has passed along with the daily pillow chocolate.  

Remember the little “passport” booklet for your itinerary “sticker”?  Yesterday when we disembarked the K we got the itinerary “sticker” and were told to contact our room steward for the “passport booklet”.  Another economy measure that was a poor concept.

10 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

The tiles are ship specific.  I have two tile IOU’s from the Koningsdam.  My next cruise is on a different ship.  I’ll have to sail on the Koningsdam again to (maybe) receive my Koningsdam IOU tiles unless each ship has an assortment of tiles to fulfill the IOU promises of other ships.

@2LoveBikes Some travelers don’t know about or care about the tiles.  Most of these promised tiles will be forgotten along with the apology.  The paperwork will be lost or discarded.  Maybe the days of tiles has passed along with the daily pillow chocolate.  

Remember the little “passport” booklet for your itinerary “sticker”?  Yesterday when we disembarked the K we got the itinerary “sticker” and were told to contact our room steward for the “passport booklet”.  Another economy measure that was a poor concept.

I got the passport booklet and sticker for the first time on my cruise last month. I recycled the booklet and put the sticker in my journal. 

Tiles are not always ship-specific. I have one that lists the four vistas and one that lists the four S-class. Both have lovely Stephen Card paintings as the design. My recent Eurodam tile lists Eurodam and Niew Amsterdam, and the COA shows four designs, one for each class. The images look like copies of brochure or website ship photos.

11 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I got the passport booklet and sticker for the first time on my cruise last month. I recycled the booklet and put the sticker in my journal. 

Tiles are not always ship-specific. I have one that lists the four vistas and one that lists the four S-class. Both have lovely Stephen Card paintings as the design. My recent Eurodam tile lists Eurodam and Niew Amsterdam, and the COA shows four designs, one for each class. The images look like copies of brochure or website ship photos.

We have tiles from our first HAL cruise in 2005.  We have been on the Koningsdam 4 times and we have one shared tile from our first Koningsdam cruise after Covid.  I think there is a new tile showing all three Pinnacle class ships.  I want one!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

We have tiles from our first HAL cruise in 2005.  We have been on the Koningsdam 4 times and we have one shared tile from our first Koningsdam cruise after Covid.  I think there is a new tile showing all three Pinnacle class ships.  I want one!

This is the COA that came with my recent Eurodam tile. The steward dug it out of somewhere for me because I didn't have one for this class, so I don't know when it was made. There's a tile for each class. 

IMG_20230219_125738128_HDR.thumb.jpg.73b0e1798bbc263419fc1c7cf9822653.jpg
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

This is the COA that came with my recent Eurodam tile. The steward dug it out of somewhere for me because I didn't have one for this class, so I don't know when it was made. There's a tile for each class. 

IMG_20230219_125738128_HDR.thumb.jpg.73b0e1798bbc263419fc1c7cf9822653.jpg

These are the current tiles, first available in 2021.

• Like 1