The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 28th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Something on a Stick Day, Weed Appreciation Day, and Respect Your Cat Day

The next time you have a thought... let it go. - Ron White

Meal Suggestion for today - Stuffed Shells With Spinach
Drink of the Day - Black Gold
Wine of the Day - Blank Canvas Syrah Hawkes Bay Gimblett Gravels Element 2019
Destination of the Day - Moorea Island, Society Islands

Eurodam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 14:00 - 23:59

Koningsdam

At Sea Heading for Dry Dock Portland, OR

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos 0800-1600

Nieuw Statendam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 14:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

Pisco, Puerto General San Martin, Peru 06:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 0900-1500

Volendam

San Juan, Puerto Rico 0800-2300

Zaandam

Loreto, Baja California Mexico 10:00 - 23:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Banjul, Gambia eta 3-29

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Wellington, New Zealand 07:00 - 19:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Naha, Okinawa, Japan eta 3-30

image.thumb.png.ece3bb3685de8b644a31420e37b96447.png

image.thumb.png.fd81fa1efb8d41496e140209a768156f.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report. Today’s meal suggestion sounds good if I leave out the spinach.  I’m not sure about weed appreciation, pulling them out of the ground is good therapy.  Every day is respect your cat day here.  I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.png.87814f4c42d24adb390cb51459961869.png

• Like 19
  • Haha 7

Good morning friends!  It is a calm morning with no rain!  Temp is 55 but may still drop a couple of degrees because the sun doesn't rise for 2 1/2 more hours.  High will be around 72 but cloudy.

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for this day.  I had to switch Westerdam around since she seems to be following a different itinerary in Japan for some reason.  We can check the "Live From" @Hlitner is doing to see if the new itinerary on cruisetimetables.com is correct or not.  He's already mentioned 3 -31.

I find today's quote a bit confusing but that may be the early hour.  Hope some of you agree with it.  The only thing I like on a stick is a chocolate covered ice cream bar.  I don't eat corn dogs, and have seen some pretty scary bugs on a stick sold at street vendors in China.  😝   I totally do not appreciate Weed Appreciation Day!  Neither kind!  And here is a day for our Dailyites - Respect Your Cat Day!  Go for it! 😁🐈

The meal suggestion is stuffed shells with Spinach and I know that is one many of you will like.  I'm not a fan of either the drink or the wine.  But let me thank Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on those important elements of the Daily.  I appreciate the work Vanessa @JazzyV is doing on the Care and Celebration lists.  A big help to Roy @rafinmd and myself.  Prayers for all our Care list people, and the many others around the world in sad situations.  Special prayers for the families of the 3 children and 3 adults killed in Nashville yesterday.🙏  Some people are clearly deranged.  The entire community will mourn the loss of those special angels.  As for the Celebration list, congratulations to all celebrating and cruising.  We are cheering you on!🎉 I hope Ann and Pat @Vict0riann made all their flights yesterday along with their luggage.  🥂

Today there was a dilemma for me on the port of the day.  Rich listed Papeete, Tahiti Islands and Moorea Island, Society Islands.  I looked up both ports and decided to go with Moorea since we hadn't had it listed since April 23, 2021 and Papeete was in 2022.  So today is now officially Moorea Island!  I hope everyone will share their photos, and here is the link to help you retrieve them if you did that last time.  

We've been to Moorea twice, once on Golden Princess in 2014 and again on Maasdam in 2017.  In 2014 we went on a private tour with a CC group.  It involved a Polynesian BBQ, ray and shark feeding, sightseeing at a barrier reef, snorkeling, etc.  The day after this we were scheduled on a tour with Patrick in Bora Bora so they were essentially the same description tours, but Patrick's was much better!  Still, I can show you a few photos from Moorea.  

Arrival at the pier.enhance

Welcoming committee.enhance

Scenes along the way.enhance

enhance

Stingray feedingenhance

I was a little nervous watching this from the boat.enhance

I did go out when they spread out a little bit and that was fun, but when the sharks came I got back in the boat to watch.enhance

Arriving at the motu for the BarBQ.enhance

enhance

Not quite the same as Patrick's pig roast in a pit!enhance

enhance

enhance

The food and drink was good though, and after we ate you could take a little dip in the water to cool down.enhance

In 2017 on the Maasdam, we sailed from Papeete to Moorea in the early morning because they are only about 18 nautical miles apart.  A beautiful sunshine-y day!enhance

enhance

When we reached shore on our tenders we were met with dancers and musicians, local foods and lots of jewelry.  We stayed in town this day since we hadn't done that last visit.enhance

enhance

enhance

We bought a pair of black pearl earrings for me that day.enhance

We walked around the village and then peeped into the Ebenezer Church.  It was Easter Sunday.enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

And a look at a unique treat at dinner that night for Easter Sunday. enhance

Hoping all of you have a Tranquil Tuesday.  Stay safe!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Too early for me but anxiously awaiting the day to unfold -DH has eye surgery about 11:30. I’m trying to block out the fears and go with the flow!  

Moorea is a favorite port. DH has done a photography tour there and his panorama there is a favorite on our living room wall. My excellent memories are a most amazing swim with rays and reef sharks, followed by a drift snorkel where the gentle current carried my over colorful coral and fish. The rays would curl against our legs in a friendly way as they’d swim by, similar to a cat waiting to be fed. The sharks came by curious but not too close. They were a few feet long, interesting but not intimidating. We were in a shallow area in chest high water. Stunning day!  

The stuffed shells with spinach sounds like a winner, especially if someone else made it. 

I’ll check back in later. Hope everyone else’s issues of the day are looking up!  Especially Karen @luvteaching and her DH, and all on the Cares list. 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. 
Cheers to all celebrating! Life is good!  
Smooth sailing to all the cruisers. And smooth travels to @Vict0riann Ann and Pat, hope you got some sleep in ?Toronto after that missed connection on your way to Florida. 
I’ll look forward to the clever memes, I can sure use some humor today!  Thanks for being with me!  
Maureen

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 26

4 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Too early for me but anxiously awaiting the day to unfold DH has eye surgery above 11:30. I’m trying to block out the fears and go with the flow!  

Moorea is a favorite port. DH has done a photography tour there and his panorama there is a favorite on our living room wall. My excellent memories are a most amazing swim with rays and reef sharks, followed by a drift snorkel where the gentle current carried my over colorful coral and fish. The rays would curl against our legs in a friendly way as they’d swim by, similar to a cat waiting to be fed. The sharks came by curious but not too close. They were a few feet long, interesting but not intimidating. We were in a shallow area in chest high water. Stunning day!  

The stuffed shells with spinach sounds like a winner, especially if someone else made it. 

I’ll check back in later. Hope everyone else’s issues of the day are looking up!  Especially Karen @luvteaching and her DH, and all on the Cares list. 

Smooth sailing to all the cruisers. And smooth travels to @Vict0riann Ann and Pat, hope you got some sleep in ?Toronto after that missed connection on your way to Florida. 
I’ll look forward to the clever memes, I can sure use some humor today!  Thanks for being with me!  
Maureen

Please don't worry Maureen.

I have had an epiretinal membrane removed and 2 cataracts removed with intraocular lens (IOL) put in and had no pain during the operations and I was delighted with the results.

Graham.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a wet 39°F North East England.

Many thanks to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for supplying us with today's reports so we can all contribute.

Thanks go to Ann, Debbie, Dixie and Vanessa for the food and beverage information and our daily lists.

Thanks go to Sandi and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for your outstanding daily photos of the days ports.

Thanks to Bruce @aliaschief and Jacqui @kazu for your daily fun meme's which always make me laugh and get Pauline's attention.

3 interesting days today.

I will give the food and drink a miss.

Best wishes to everyone who is poorly or cruising.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230328_103803.jpg

Screenshot_20230328_103826.jpg

Screenshot_20230328_103857.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

It's currently -1°C but should get up to 6°C (43°F) and sunny this afternoon.  Spring is just around the corner.🤞

I agree with Sandi, the only thing I want on a stick is chocolate covered ice cream.   I don't appreciate weeds, despite some of them being useful.  No cats here.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.

I hope the drink and wine are tasty.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.  Wonderful.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 19

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

Let’s start with Something on a Stick Day. Y’all probably think it is a corn dog on a stick, but no, my favorite comes from Key West, Florida. Chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick.

Are you kidding, Weed Appreciation Day. The only good weed is a dead weed unless you plan to smoke it !

And port of call, Moorea. Top five places in the world I have visited. The snorkel and motu tour is the best! 

• Like 19
  • Haha 3

Good morning, all!  We are in Toronto, as we missed our flight to Fort Lauderdale yesterday, but every cloud has a silver lining, as friends were able to join us for dinner here, and we had a lovely evening.  

Thinking of you as we head for an 11 o’clock flight to FLL. 

• Like 32

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie, and Debbie.  I don't really see eye to eye with Ron White, have no cat to respect, and do not appreciate weeds.  I wonder if cotton candy qualifies as something on a stick.  I've been to Moorea several times, always on Crystal.  @Seasick Sailor should be home now, I hope they're ok.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Fruit Salad with Sambuca, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Zaandam March 28, 2017:

dishes28.jpg

Roy

• Like 31

1 hour ago, lvhh said:

Good early Morning everyone.  Thanks to all for the info.  The appliance curse has struck our fridge.

Good luck with your sticken refrigerator.  I hope something can be repaired.  Here at my house we are having a roofing curse.  This will be the third time trying to figure out the leak.

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Too early for me but anxiously awaiting the day to unfold -DH has eye surgery about 11:30. I’m trying to block out the fears and go with the flow!  

Maureen

Prayers for you, your DH and surgeon as he has his procedure today.  Please do check in later.🙏

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning from a wet 39°F North East England.

Many thanks to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for supplying us with today's reports so we can all contribute.

Thanks go to Ann, Debbie, Dixie and Vanessa for the food and beverage information and our daily lists.

Thanks go to Sandi and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for your outstanding daily photos of the days ports.

Thanks to Bruce @aliaschief and Jacqui @kazu for your daily fun meme's which always make me laugh and get Pauline's attention.

3 interesting days today.

I will give the food and drink a miss.

Best wishes to everyone who is poorly or cruising.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230328_103803.jpg

Screenshot_20230328_103826.jpg

Screenshot_20230328_103857.jpg

Thank you for the explanations of our days today, Graham.  I guess there are a lot of things on sticks, not just bugs and ice cream bars.

Yuck!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuEur7fDCaHr4jcMmAVn06?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616007593

27 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

Let’s start with Something on a Stick Day. Y’all probably think it is a corn dog on a stick, but no, my favorite comes from Key West, Florida. Chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick.

Are you kidding, Weed Appreciation Day. The only good weed is a dead weed unless you plan to smoke it !

And port of call, Moorea. Top five places in the world I have visited. The snorkel and motu tour is the best! 

The key lime pie on a stick slathered in chocolate sounds good too!

15 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all!  We are in Toronto, as we missed our flight to Fort Lauderdale yesterday, but every cloud has a silver lining, as friends were able to join us for dinner here, and we had a lovely evening.  

Thinking of you as we head for an 11 o’clock flight to FLL. 

Oh no!  I'm so glad you were traveling several days ahead of time so you can arrive on time.  Safe travels!

My 2.5 miles on the treadmill is finished and so is my breakfast.  Time to get over to the gym for my leg exercises.  Shoulder is being babied!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Respect your cat day.....isn't that everyday. 😁

Black Gold cocktail:

Ingredients
1.25 part Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition
0.75 Kahlua
1 dash Angostura bitters

How To Make
Build in a rocks glass over ice and stir gently
Garnish with a flamed orange twist
If you’re flaming by hand, check for singed eyelashes

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.55.46 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 4

Good morning from a cool, rainy Boston.  Something on a stick? A popsicle?  Not sure about weed appreciation today.  Shouldn’t you respect you cat every day?  Funny quote today.  The meal suggestion sounds very good.  Can’t say that I’ve been to today’s port, I wish I could though. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events!

• Like 22

Good morning to all. I am open to trying things on sticks but no bugs please. Cats here get a lot of respect. DSIL told me the other day he could not vacuum the living room as all four cats were sleeping. Oh my. He is too nice!

I would love to see the port of the day and thank Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the pictures. Stuffed shells are nice,that is a dinner possibility.

Garden weeds are a pain to deal with. I have a question about the other type. Why is the smell so strong and skunky ? I honestly don’t remember such a strong odor back in the day…..

We are once again without an aide as our newest one took a job that pays better. Although I completely understand I just feel like crying, something I usually save for  sad movies and commercials. Hospice people have tried to help but there are not a lot of folks lining up for such a difficult job. We have reached out to other local family members to help at least temporarily as I have to continue to get DH to his medical appointments. 

@RMLincoln, Maureen, prayers for you and your DH as he has his surgery today. I can’t get the blue bubble to work. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for getting us started, Sandi. Rich, thank you for making sure we were taken care of, while you are touring the World.  It is 68 here. Rain is expected and it is desperately needed to help put some wildfires out that are just West of me. The smoke from them was so bad I had to put on one of my masks on my way to & from the gym yesterday. I pity all those who have to work outside in those conditions. And I suspect that drivers on I95 had some interesting conditions in the Ormond Beach - Daytona area. 

Vanessa thank you for keeping track of all our happenings. We are such a busy group.  Chores, Bindi walks, online plant hunting, a trip to the gym w/mask, and then gathering at the local wine bar with friends. Not a bad day. 

A9460118-E3F4-4775-A454-B52860F89448.jpeg.19053434c470ee04c57064e528df110b.jpeg

I admit this one made me smile & tear up!❤️

98668234-5B5D-4938-A69B-FCDE3C48478D.jpeg.2577f78b120e16d487f9ca0f9c1ed629.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Blank Canvas Syrah Hawkes Bay Gimblett Gravels Element 2019

Another elusive New Zealand wine that sounds interesting. I would love a taste, since I often find Syrahs a bit too much for me to handle. I found a few online distributors, not sure if any ship to me. Prices start at $37.25 + shipping. 

Distributor notes

A powerful bouquet driven by aromas of spices and dark red fleshed fruits, seasoned red meats and there’s layers of barrel and smoke, wood spices and pressed violets. Complex and youthful. Equally powerful on the palate with a firm taut texture from tannins and back bone of acidity; tempering and contrasting core fruit flavours of dark berries and spiced meats layer in complexity and mouthfeel. This wine needs more time, it is delicous already, dry and lengthy. Best drinking from very late 2023 through 2033.

95 Points

Outstanding

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Please don't worry Maureen.

I have had an epiretinal membrane removed and 2 cataracts removed with intraocular lens (IOL) put in and had no pain during the operations and I was delighted with the results.

Graham.

Thanks for the support Graham!  And all of you!  

This will be a cataract lens implant and glaucoma stent/drain. Then they’ll do a stent in the other eye hopefully soon (that eye had cataract lens in 2009). The stents should reduce the pressure enough to make it possible to reduce the eye drops that he’s become so allergic to. Hoping he can get through the recovery without rubbing!  Will check back in later!  

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye surgery today

Luvteaching’s DH in the hospital with pneumonia and other infection

Summer slope’s friend with a brain injury

Cruisercl recovering from a viral illness

RM Palmer candy plant explosion with deaths, missing and injured

Nashville school shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine/Tornado victims in Mississippi and Alabama

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Marshhawk’s abnormal lung scan, getting PET scan

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Mamaofami seeing better 

Dfish resuming the Daily meal recipes

First eaglet hatched at the Hays eagle nest Sunday; awaiting 2nd hatching

Many Dailyites with upcoming cruises

1 Day for Cruzn single (Rotterdam 3/29 to 4/19)

1 Day for Vict0riann (Rotterdam 3/29 to 4/19) 

1 Day for Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam 3/29 to 4/29)

5 Days for Mister 67 (Celebrity Reflection 4/2 to 4/9)

5 Days for cruising sister’s trip with DSIL to Tucson

6 Days for Overhead Fred Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam 4/3 to 5/6)

DWAliaschief’s sisters cruise (Rotterdam to 3/29), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for the Daily and fleet report. It’s nice to read it with my coffee ️  It’s nice to have a “comfortable caring community of Dailyites” .
I was up early and turned TV on and am so sad to hear about the Nashville incident.  🙏🏻 prayers to the families.   Just no words.  Praying.

Awakened about 2 AM with loud thunderstorms.  Our dachshund lifted his head from under his throw and took off down the hall to my daughter’s room.  That’s his safe space during thunderstorms and fireworks.  

Hope everyone has a great day!  I have a women’s’ Bible study this morning, and look g forward to it. 

• Like 23

41 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good luck with your sticken refrigerator.  I hope something can be repaired.  Here at my house we are having a roofing curse.  This will be the third time trying to figure out the leak.

Prayers for you, your DH and surgeon as he has his procedure today.  Please do check in later.🙏

Thank you for the explanations of our days today, Graham.  I guess there are a lot of things on sticks, not just bugs and ice cream bars.

Yuck!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuEur7fDCaHr4jcMmAVn06?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616007593

The key lime pie on a stick slathered in chocolate sounds good too!

Oh no!  I'm so glad you were traveling several days ahead of time so you can arrive on time.  Safe travels!

My 2.5 miles on the treadmill is finished and so is my breakfast.  Time to get over to the gym for my leg exercises.  Shoulder is being babied!

The chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick is a tradition like no other; sorry for stealing reference to The Masters.

• Like 17

42 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie, and Debbie.  I don't really see eye to eye with Ron White, have no cat to respect, and do not appreciate weeds.  I wonder if cotton candy qualifies as something on a stick.  I've been to Moorea several times, always on Crystal.  @Seasick Sailor should be home now, I hope they're ok.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Fruit Salad with Sambuca, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Zaandam March 28, 2017:

dishes28.jpg

Roy

There was a candy floss machine on Harmony of the seas in 2016 Roy 

Screenshot_20230328_123032.jpg

Screenshot_20230328_123124.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1