The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 17th, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Thriftshop Day, Neighbor Night, and National Black Cat Appreciation Day

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. -- Albert Einstein

Meal Suggestion for today - Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Drink of the Day - Ginger Buck
Wine of the Day - Bodega Garzon - Tannat Reserve 2020
Destination of the Day - Willemstad, Curacao Island, Dutch Antilles

Today in History:
1903 Joe Pulitzer donates $1 million to Columbia University & begins the Pulitzer Prizes in America

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1300

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2100

Nieuw Statendam

Portree, Isle of Skye 1000-1600

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 0800-1800

Oosterdam

Korcula, Croatia 0800-1600

Rotterdam

Bergen, Norway 0800-1700

Volendam

at sea destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska eta 18 Aug

Westerdam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Zaandam

St Anthony, Newfoundland 0700-1500

Zuiderdam

At Sea destination Nanortalik, Greenland eta 19 Aug

0817Alaska.thumb.png.fe2ad789678ea07b9c6931e2db9c7d2a.png

0817Atlantic.thumb.png.77149909b2a2d722e553230d0c1ef06a.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 18

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Love those maps.

Not much on the agenda for us today.  We may get some rain this evening, wish we could send it to Yellowknife, they need it to fight forest fires.

I support our local thrift shops, I donated a bunch of stuff earlier this week.  Our neighbours are terrific.  I don't have a black cat but they're okay by me.

I like the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good for cool weather, I'll be happy to save the recipe.

I'll pass on the drink and hope the wine isn't expensive.

We were in Curacao many years ago, maybe someday we'll go back.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day!

• Like 30

Good morning from a cloudy 62°F North East England.

Thank you Rich for today's daily reports.

I have always had black cats and my football club is nicknamed The Black Cats so I appreciate black cats.

Life is a miracle and we have the ability to make life more of a miracle or less of a miracle.

We visited Curacao part of the ABC Islands on Crown Princess.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

169226889096622465316093356859.jpg

• Like 30

Today’s Care list:

Smitty34877’s DH Lou recovering at home

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-op

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina town gone

Canadian/US/Greek wildfires, dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

1Angelcat’s friend Barb recovering from surgery for pancreatic cancer

Crusing-along’s niece Jeannine with MS recurrence

Rafinmd working on getting stronger

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Lady Hudson!

Baby Murphy off ECMO, weaning sedation, removing lines

Smitty34877’s DH Lou home from the hospital

Quartzsite Cruiser’s DH with good report from back surgeon

Kazu’s Ivan doing well

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

Highland Cruiser in Yellowstone Park with DGS

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

6 days for HAL4NOW (Zaandam Aug 23 to Sept 3, B2B)

Dfish (Zaandam to Aug 23), StLouisCruisers (Zaandam to Aug 23), NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25) and Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Aug 26)

• Like 19
  • Thanks 18

Good morning friends!  We are at anchor outside St. Anthony, Newfoundland.  It's about 50F and sun/clouds mixed.  We may reach into the 60's here.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  We are still 1.5 hours ahead of the US east coast so I may not be able to post the links in the morning because we have to meet for a tour in St. John's, Newfoundland at 8:15 am.  That is 6:45 EDT.   Wish me luck with getting everything done or I may have to wait until afternoon.  We are touring Old St. John's and Cape Spear.  Today we have nothing planned but will take the tender over after the rush.

I like all the days of celebration/honor, would enjoy the soup, but will skip the drink and wine.  Prayers for our group continue, DB, friend's DB Mark and those affected by fire and war.  I appreciate everyone who helps keep this Daily going each day.  Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope, Ann @cat shepard and Vanessa @JazzyV. Cheers to the Celebration list folks!  It was good to hear Lou @smitty34877 came home yesterday, Baby Murphy is doing much better, Ivan is acting like a much younger dog now, Linda @lindaler is home from her family trip to Disney World, etc. and I appreciated seeing Jack @Heartgrove's photo of little Lily.  I miss those days with my DGC!  Nice photos Graham @grapau27 of you and the Mrs.😉

The port this morning is Willemstad in Curacao That was our port on Sept. 18, 2021 and Dec. 8, 2022 so I'll post the links below.  We have been there and enjoyed it so much.  It's just so colorful and not at all depressing like some ports are.  My photos are included after the links.

We've only been to Willemstad, Curacao twice, 2016 on our Westerdam Panama Canal cruise and in 2019 on our Rotterdam Western and Southern Caribbean cruise.  Such a pretty and interesting place!  

From our 2016 stop I took photos from the ship just before our late departure.  They really know how to highlight their unique city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpU-1DPktRJ-h7B9NeEjqD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124737

The Queen Emma pedestrian Bridge, also known as "The Swinging Old Lady".00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8vzPMf5ZVkMxf-DE_yUmn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124732

Known for its colorful buildings of course00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIGiAwkQoCDJNR04u06KO3g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124500

This was my favorite color building and I had to compliment the man working on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKLK_8PfxBrKjLNIAqbv6Y_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124467

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNaAgWvG4V67O_u_sIi1qr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124450

This was the view from our docking spot on the Rotterdam in February, 2019.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLS769uh8GoqCPt6OoCsjyu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119935

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKb1gCJY7E0AdUmkl_fEvD2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119944

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIZWXfZxTF_jI4zEcUZh-l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119954

We walked across the pedestrian bridge and then it began to swing to the side to make way for a ship coming through.  It went under the taller bridge behind it first.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKM7hG0CyT-BtSHhfm-dPbL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120041

And there it goes past the Queen Emma bridge.  That's the Rotterdam in the background.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInRR7K1hFMMKFzRQRi_tWf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551118345

More COLOR!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtQZxUKTQXqu3NKhH-NPc9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551118356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAxycTHLTXttZql4J__IFX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120066

Here's the local Love Locks.  Trying to keep them off the swinging bridge I would suppose.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVU-8QNNHW9_1b9pFbTXHl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120074

Heading back across the pedestrian bridge to our ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIz6aNm9IxqgY1F_ZdiZwK6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120082

Have a great Thursday y'all and go Ren!  ( By the way his new jersey number is #11, Graham.)

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

Happy Friday Junior.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Dixie, and Ann.  I like all 3 of today's days and expect a number of our number have black cats. 

I've been to Curacao several times.  Pulitzer made some very good use of his fortune and 120 years ago was a great day.

I prefer the second half of Einstein's statement.

I have not been to Olive Garden so I'm unsure about their soup.  My alternative is Watermelon Cocktail, Chilled Coconut and Nutmeg Soup, and Spaghetti Puttanesca as served on MS Statendam August 17, 2014.

Off for my walk soon before the heat gets bad.

Roy

• Like 35

Two more updates.  We received a notice they are having problems getting Delft tiles to distribute.  I would have liked to have one from Zaandam since this is our first time aboard.

And at the Medallion ceremony yesterday only silver and up were presented.  The lady we talk to in Ocean Bar received it at the ceremony and had her picture taken with the Captain and Hotel Director, just like the old days.  She is already a 5 star Mariner but just received her silver medallion.  It's possible they had an earlier ceremony for bronze recipients but we just don't know that for sure.  We went to the luncheon at 1 pm and sat with two nice couples.  Unfortunately my beef brisket main course was fatty and mostly inedible.  But I did enjoy the soup starter and the dessert.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Ginger Buck cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Basil Hayden's® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
1 part Lime Juice
½ part Fresh Ginger
⅓ part Simple Syrup
Garnish: Sprig of Rosemary,
Candied Ginger

Instructions
In a cocktail shaker, add fresh ginger and muddle until fine. Add in ice and all remaining ingredients and shake until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a rosemary sprig & a piece of candied ginger on the rim.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 7.14.43 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 15

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Curacao is one of my favorite places to visit. Always enjoy snorkeling at Mambo Beach! 
It’s National Black Cat Appreciation Day. Let’s celebrate this day with a huge bang!

IMG_1215.thumb.png.96639d4183061ef285134d284e895bf7.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Happy Thursday everyone, Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Somewhat cloudy and humid here. I will be working at the office today.

I had to break down and get a new laptop. I like this one. It is small and more portable than my other one. Less weight. I am continuing to work on my presentation for my oral defense on Monday. Going well so far. 

Continuing to work on lowering my blood sugar. Making progress here. Having Fancy is so helpful as she is very active. She loves to run in the yard and make me chase her. She keeps in on my toes. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

In honor of Black Cat Appreciation Day, I appreciate my favorite black cat, Sheldon. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 31

Good morning!  Thank you for today’s Daily, and thanks to all the contributors for your inputs to this caring community, 

I like the 2nd option in today’s Einstein quote.   I’ve been to today’s port once - 20 years ago on my very first cruise.  I loved the colors of the Island.  @StLouisCruisers, your night time departure photos are gorgeous!  

Prayers for all in need, and cheers and smiles for those celebrating. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! A cloudy start to the day, after a torrential downpour yesterday afternoon that turned a four lane road into a very narrow one lane road. The storm drains just could not keep up. 

Vanessa, thank you for being a friend. One that cares enough to take the time to keep up with all of us. Roy passed his torch to someone very special. 

Zumba, Bindi walks, indoor & outdoor chores and maybe some pool time. Need to do one more disciplined look around to see what else I can donate. 

IMG_1642.jpeg.0b46732dfc8112e742d2d193c06c6434.jpeg

IMG_1644.jpeg.0d7b2398d3571e2841a1bb6b77a13cae.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg.3e88dc5eacaf9dea20ff1ed2b23a0238.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! @smitty34877, Terry, so happy to read that Lou is home. Where he belongs!

Get well & please stay well everyone!

Bodega Garzon - Tannat Reserva 2020

I believe this is my first encounter with a wine from Uraguay! And it sounds wonderful.  I would definitely love a taste and it is reasonably priced. Available from numerous online distributors with prices starting at $14.00.

Winemaker Notes

Deep purple in color, this Tannat fresh aromas reminiscent of red and black fruits such as plums and raspberries on a spice-flavored aroma. It has a great personality in mouth. Its ripe tannins and its minerality make it a terroir wine of great identity.

W&S93 Wine & Spirits

This wine sets the bar for the coastal vineyards of Uruguay with its dark-skinned beauty, its fresh purple plum and lively red berry flavors over the pencil-shaving notes of the tannins. Grown in the coastal hills, in decomposed granite, this is a New-World floral essence of a French-Atlantic grape. There’s a thin, high wall of tannins to surround all the bright fruit.

JS91 James Suckling

Dark cherries, fresh blackberries, dried meat, minerals and some savory spices. This is a medium-to full-bodied, tight and chewy red with nice austerity to remind you that this is a tannat. Sinewy, very tight and robust, but not drying in the finish. 

WE90
Wine Enthusiast
A bright ruby color and unencumbered aromas of cherry, red plum and light oak are inviting and easy to process. This is Uruguayan Tannat in its cleanest, most modern form. The palate feels juicy and medium in body. Light spice notes accent popping plum and raspberry flavors, while the finish is easygoing.
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 5

Good morning. It is quite humid today and cloudy now . I needed most lights on this morning to fix breakfast for humans and dogs. There are two black cats in DD’s house and I will let them know today is their day. They would agree.We have not been to the port. I have wonderful neighbors and will salute them . DD and I like a thrift shop that is in one of the better Hudson River towns and have found excellent bargains there.

The home care agency nurse is coming this morning and we hope she agrees that DH needs PT until he is walking on his own. He is better than last week for sure but he has great difficulty eating and not much energy. Last night I spent more time awake than asleep but I think it will improve as the days go on. DS is coming for the weekend and will be able to help.

Black cat day

8A6BE3D9-9040-435E-8126-C0CF5AF4FFAE.jpeg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 3

Sorry, I forgot that I wanted to mention  to @Heartgrove, Jack, Lily is a beautiful child. Thanks for the pictures.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, good luck in Mexico City for Ren! I also loved your port pictures.

@Denise T, I will be thinking of you on Monday when you defend your thesis.Best wishes for all your hard work.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We are at anchor outside St. Anthony, Newfoundland.  It's about 50F and sun/clouds mixed.  We may reach into the 60's here.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  We are still 1.5 hours ahead of the US east coast so I may not be able to post the links in the morning because we have to meet for a tour in St. John's, Newfoundland at 8:15 am.  That is 6:45 EDT.   Wish me luck with getting everything done or I may have to wait until afternoon.  We are touring Old St. John's and Cape Spear.  Today we have nothing planned but will take the tender over after the rush.

I like all the days of celebration/honor, would enjoy the soup, but will skip the drink and wine.  Prayers for our group continue, DB, friend's DB Mark and those affected by fire and war.  I appreciate everyone who helps keep this Daily going each day.  Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope, Ann @cat shepard and Vanessa @JazzyV. Cheers to the Celebration list folks!  It was good to hear Lou @smitty34877 came home yesterday, Baby Murphy is doing much better, Ivan is acting like a much younger dog now, Linda @lindaler is home from her family trip to Disney World, etc. and I appreciated seeing Jack @Heartgrove's photo of little Lily.  I miss those days with my DGC!  Nice photos Graham @grapau27 of you and the Mrs.😉

The port this morning is Willemstad in Curacao That was our port on Sept. 18, 2021 and Dec. 8, 2022 so I'll post the links below.  We have been there and enjoyed it so much.  It's just so colorful and not at all depressing like some ports are.  My photos are included after the links.

We've only been to Willemstad, Curacao twice, 2016 on our Westerdam Panama Canal cruise and in 2019 on our Rotterdam Western and Southern Caribbean cruise.  Such a pretty and interesting place!  

From our 2016 stop I took photos from the ship just before our late departure.  They really know how to highlight their unique city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpU-1DPktRJ-h7B9NeEjqD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124737

The Queen Emma pedestrian Bridge, also known as "The Swinging Old Lady".00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8vzPMf5ZVkMxf-DE_yUmn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124732

Known for its colorful buildings of course00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIGiAwkQoCDJNR04u06KO3g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124500

This was my favorite color building and I had to compliment the man working on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKLK_8PfxBrKjLNIAqbv6Y_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124467

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNaAgWvG4V67O_u_sIi1qr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124450

This was the view from our docking spot on the Rotterdam in February, 2019.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLS769uh8GoqCPt6OoCsjyu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119935

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKb1gCJY7E0AdUmkl_fEvD2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119944

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIZWXfZxTF_jI4zEcUZh-l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119954

We walked across the pedestrian bridge and then it began to swing to the side to make way for a ship coming through.  It went under the taller bridge behind it first.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKM7hG0CyT-BtSHhfm-dPbL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120041

And there it goes past the Queen Emma bridge.  That's the Rotterdam in the background.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInRR7K1hFMMKFzRQRi_tWf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551118345

More COLOR!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtQZxUKTQXqu3NKhH-NPc9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551118356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAxycTHLTXttZql4J__IFX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120066

Here's the local Love Locks.  Trying to keep them off the swinging bridge I would suppose.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVU-8QNNHW9_1b9pFbTXHl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120074

Heading back across the pedestrian bridge to our ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIz6aNm9IxqgY1F_ZdiZwK6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120082

Have a great Thursday y'all and go Ren!  ( By the way his new jersey number is #11, Graham.)

Thank you Sandi.

Great photos of Curacao.

Number 11 is an outside left position usually called a left winger whose primary job is to cross the ball from the left wing into the penalty box for a forward to score from.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

and thanks to Tina, Vanessa, Ann & Dixie.

Nice collection of days.  I donate a lot to the thrift shops.  Neighbour night sounds great.  I’ll happily celebrate National Black Cat Day.

IMG_0972.jpeg.7575c7d8ee877e42298d4db98c3a81e2.jpeg

Love the Einstein quote.  So true.  LOL on the meal today - copyCAT.  A coincidence?  Curaçao is such a pretty spot.  DD DH and I always enjoyed a stop there.

IMG_0975.jpeg.b096a92eaa2f66085f0817a91f079bc7.jpeg

Busy morning - have to get Ivan’s morning routine done and of course, he’s not co-operating so he can go off to get beautified.  I’ll try to get a few errands done while he’s not at home.

@smitty34877 I hope the nurse agrees 🤞 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses & health issues, worries and those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_0973.jpeg.265ed14c29e3da155bca3c297d344e13.jpeg

Have a good Thursday all!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Good morning. It’s currently 73 degrees and will climb to 93. With lower humidity it’s bearable. We have been to Curaçao several times. We’ve done Caribbean enough times that many times staying onboard the ship is the destination. Always looking for cruises with different itineraries and new ports in Caribbean. 

We don’t attend Mariner lunches anymore. Never impressed by the meals or choices. Good time for lunch in Pinnacle.

We have our bank appointment today and that should be the finishing touch to completing our Living Trust.

Tonight we will meet with our church small group and it will be nice to see them again.

For 18 years I volunteered at our church thrift shop as Day Manager on Tuesdays and cashier. We often were voted best thrift store in region. Raised millions of dollars that supported many local charities.

Thanks Rich and all who contribute. Enjoy your day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.c5fb8da63c177b7dc4fdd6f231d2620e.jpegimage.jpeg.ae05624989f098bccbea70d93d1d9272.jpegimage.jpeg.96c6fc08bb753bd6741cb462a5754c33.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b8c60cd49944b682782f7b13cca7fdf0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d8462b2b7ffe4982c18e526f664f4b1b.jpegimage.jpeg.081abd28b0572c21f8957e146c3ad1c5.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 15
  • Haha 24

Good morning from the Zaandam!

I am a bit better today than yesterday, but still have a ways to go.  Our excursion today is to find a pharmacy.  I’m hoping to be better tomorrow to do some hiking.  

Glad to hear Baby Murphy is doing better and that Lou is home.  Also good news that Ivan is feeling better.  Lots to celebrate today.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Today we have another Copycat recipe, this time  for Olive Garden Minestrone Soup. ( @rafinmd there is an Olive Garden in Columbia off 175)    Minestrone is an Italian soup known for its thick tomato-based broth. It can be made with pasta or rice, and typically contains carrots, tomato chunks, kidney beans, celery, onions and potatoes. However, the creation of this soup came from a need to use up leftover vegetables. So, feel free to use any veggies that are taking up space in your refrigerator. Or, alter the recipe to whatever is fresh and in season. Minestrone soup is not just tasty, it’s healthy as well! 

This first copy cat recipe has a 4.8 rating with 16,326 votes.  I look at the ratings before clicking on any recipe, believe me this is a lot of votes. Minestrone Soup  contains carrots, zucchini, onion, celery, Northern beans, kidney beans, garlic, Italian seasoning, dried basil, canned tomatoes, vegetable stock and noodles.  It is a one pot vegan dish that is extremely easy to make.

nRvoXH6QlNi4GEAtHiGgQFp7Lm7NTu9UwlLpWkvW

Spicy Minestrone Soup This recipe includes Green beans and spinach plus a pinch of red pepper flakes for a kick of heat. (The red pepper is optional if you’re not a fan.) It includes tomato paste in addition to canned diced tomatoes to really bring that deliciously bright tomato flavor to this vegan soup. 

3ddgb5xvMKXwepV-9OIK3xGY4G2pnFKoQEB8HBhg

Classic Minestrone Soup calls for the use of seasonal vegetables such potatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, butternut squash, green beans or peas.    It adds some lemon juice to brighten the flavor and is banished with parmesan cheese.

yqq3ILYDFoELqEPVApsqS7T1XFalihEMsqRplg2r

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 15

Good morning,

It is another beautiful and cool day today. The heat returns this weekend right when I fly to Tucson. The temps will be almost identical but in Kansas the humidity will be almost double. We will see how different the “dry heat” is. 

Baby Murphy keeps progressing. They were able to wash her hair and bathe her yesterday. They will look to wean the ventilator this weekend. They are cautiously optimistic. That young couple has been at the hospital for over 7 weeks. They have been so strong. 

I have been to todays port many times and have always enjoyed it. I prefer the ABC islands if going on a Caribbean cruise. 

@smitty34877I am glad DH is home. It is amazing how much strength they lose so quickly and how long it takes to get back. You have your hands full. 

Prayers for all, good luck Denise and have a great day. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

@Lady Hudson  Bon Voyage! 🍾🛳️

@Heartgrove thanks for sharing darling Lily yesterday.   

Good morning.  We got a lot of rain in a couple of thunderstorms that came through last night more lightning but thankfully none of the wind that was predicted.  

Thanks for the daily reports @richwmn.  I never owned a black cat but I used to really enjoy lighting off the Black Cat firecrackers shared by Redneck Bob. We had neighbor night two nights ago.  We regularly drop off stuff at our local St. Vincents.   I love a good Minestrone soup. Forgot what Olive Garden's tastes like.  Pass on the cocktail but Bodega Garza Tannat sounds tasty.  We have been to Curacao several times  first time on the Rotterdam in 2019, then Zuiderdam in December 2019, then a long COVID break and returned in February 2022 on the Nieuw Statendam.and will be returning there several times in our multiple back to backs on the Eurodam January and February. 

So happy to read yesterday that baby Murphy is making progress.  

@smitty34877 prayers that your DH continues to get better. I am sure he is so happy to be home.  Thanks for keeping our cares and celebrations lists for us Vanessa. Prayers for all on our list, the people of Maui and the people of Ukraine. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2