Saturday November 11th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Veteran's Day

Today is Angola Independence Day, Origami Day, and National Education Day

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

Meal Suggestion for today - Stovetop Mac and Cheese with White Cheddar
Drink of the Day - Makers Mark Summer Breeze
Wine of the Day - Curran Creek Pinot Grigio
Destination of the Day - Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece

Today in History:
1620 Mayflower Compact signed by Pilgrims at Cape Cod, the 1st framework of government in the territory that is now the USA
1918 WWI armistice signed by the Allies and Germany comes into effect and World War I hostilities end at 11am, "the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month"

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana 08:00 - 17:00

Koningsdam

San Diego, California, San Diego, California13 Nov 11:00 - 18:00 07:00 ,15:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11-15

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Volendam

Papeete, Tahiti Island French Polynesia 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Port Stanley, East Falkland Island eta 11-12

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Zanzibar, Tanzania eta 11-14

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Sydney, NSW Australia 7:00-18:30

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Manila, Luzon Island Philippines eta 11-14

1111World.thumb.png.1eb275443f521b9b5ed01dc9c3eae02a.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 19

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP, off TPN

Lazey1 having had Covid and rebound, now bronchitis and CHF flare

Cruzin Terri’s DH with swollen knee and ankle

Denise T not feeling well

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

RMLincoln’s big move to a new community

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

57redbird with pain despite epidural shot

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage GTVCruiser!

A Salute To All Veterans!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & off TPN!

Norseh2o spending a week in Barcelona

Cruzin Terri’s DBIL’s estate finally settled

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Rafinmd (Rotterdam Nov 12 to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer)

2 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Marina Nov 13 to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

7 days for Cruise Suzy (Eurodam Nov 18 to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer)

LAFFNVEGAS (Koningsdam to Nov 11, Classic CA Coastal), Marshhawk (Carnival Pride to Nov 12, Rome to Rome +TA), Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas to Nov 12, Bahamas/Perfect Day), Sailingdutchy (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 15, Ancient Empires & Spanish Farewell), Kochlöffel (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Vict0riann (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean), Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific) and GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 15

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today should be a nice day.  A few errands to run this morning and then some yard work when it warms up a bit.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, I like a good mac and cheese. Late yesterday afternoon I felt the effects of Thursday’s shot and I went to bed at 5:30.  Everything seems better this morning.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

A big thank you to all our veterans.

image.png.228159f881af987141b3140305c4352a.png

• Like 31

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's Remembrance Day and we thank all those who served, and still serve our country.  We will watch the ceremonies from Parliament Hill at 11.  The weather is pretty good, high of 4°C (39°F) and partly sunny. 

Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal suggestion, not a big fan of mac and cheese.  Not sure about the drink but I know I like the wine.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.   Cheers for all the celebrations.

• Like 32

Makers Mark Summer Breeze cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/4 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
DeKuyper® Orange Curacao Liqueur
Ginger Ale
Garnish
Orange Wedges

Instructions
Fill rocks glass with ice. Add Makers Mark® Bourbon, a splash of DeKuyper® Orange Curacao Liqueur and a squeeze of fresh orange. Top off with ginger ale. Garnish with an orange wedge.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 6.46.08 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14

Good morning friends!  Good thing @SusieKIslandGirl left Georgia for home because the great weather has moved on this weekend.  It is raining and will most of the day.  Temp is about 50 with a high of only 58 if we're lucky.  I'm staying home to remain dry.  I woke up 5 or 10 minutes late this morning and can't seem to catch up.  I even walked faster on the treadmill!

Thanks to you Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily on this Veterans Day.  My thanks to all veterans here on the Daily and everywhere on CC for your service.  An odd assortment of days on Nov. 11 to celebrate.  I will always support education!  The mac and cheese dish sounds pretty good today.  I would pass on the drink but would like to try the pinot grigio.  A good day for the pilgrims and an important day in WWI history.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your F&B reports.

Prayers for the Daily Care list and all those in need of them.  Praying that Vanessa @JazzyV starts getting some relief from her leg pain, that Baby Murphy gets better every day and that Tana has a good day.  Feel better Janie @lazey1!  Prayers also for my DB and friends needing them.  Praying for those at war and held hostage, and that there is less chaos in cities around the world by those who are uninformed and clueless.  My own personal opinion.  🙏

Cheers to those sailing and those preparing to.  Bon Voyage to @GTVCRUISER🥂 Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando disembark their ship tomorrow so we should see her back here soon.  Hope they had a great time and enjoyed good health. 🚢 Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for the list keeping which is spot on every day.🎉

The port today is Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece.  It was the port once before on Sept. 9, 2022 so I'll post that link.  No, I haven't stopped there before in the past.  

Have a great day folks!  Stay well and safe!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich

& thanks Vanessa, Dixie, Ann & Debbie.

Good collection of days - Education is so important and I know many of us have enjoyed the origami creations the Yum Yum man used to make on board our BHB’s.  But the most important commemoration today for me is Remembrance Day (similar to Veteran’s Day in the United States).  May we all take time to honour and remember those who sacrificed so much for us.

IMG_1188.thumb.png.c1719c609cc3cb4ad0d6d795b4576935.png

I’m not sure I agree with the Einstein quote.  Today’s meal is great comfort food - especially on a cold day.   And yay, a white wine - hoping the Pinot Grigio is a good one.

A very significant day in history - the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month for which we should all be truly grateful.

IMG_1147.thumb.jpeg.2416cbdb573e4d131500b9d841a9b8e3.jpeg

It’s another cold one today.  I feel for those who will be outside at the cenotaph for today’s Remembrance Day celebrations.  Our town started holding them indoors a long time ago to accommodate the crowds and provide comfort in the usually cooler, damp weather to those who have served.

IMG_1150.thumb.jpeg.f84d022f39ebe1d602d42eca8d6bb7e3.jpeg

Along with the remembering today, I need to figure out how Ivan is getting into my gardens.  He’s obviously much more limber and jumping & manoeuvring.  Every time I think I have it figured out and blocked him, he’s back in.  ‘Sigh’. And, piddle with a bit of clean up outside for as long as I can bear it.

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising. 🥂 

IMG_1642.jpeg.e0a513c70501363bd7eeb698d14206c5.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 8

Made it to Saturday!  Remembering Veterans Day. My day served in WWII, my generation family had several in Viet Nam, my stepsons served in Navy and Army, my godson Marines. 🫡   My poppy pin will get packed today with me wrapping up my jewelry. 

We were in Crete, didn’t get to enjoy it, we were sick. DH was diagnosed that day with pneumonia. I had a bad cold. I doubt we’ll get back there.  Thanks for the pictures Sandi @StLouisCruisers  

Today will be last laundry then pack suitcase for transition. Tomorrow we’ll pack the car to make sure everything fits and is out of the way for the packers Monday morning. I’m really just going through the monitors now, a bit if a zombie, it’s all a surreal blur. 

Yesterday I was a bit better getting over the shock of the news about DH needing these more extensive eye surgeries to hopefully save his sight. He did admin work of arranging insurance for our new abode, arranging the funds wire transfer, trying to connect with the NJ eye doctor but to no avail, and straightening out a mess created in a property tax payment that didn’t get paid when we had that whole “we thought it was fraud” mess back in May. I worked on pantry and kitchen mostly, culling out stuff it’s not worth packing. Onward!  

Glad Roy @rafinmd made it to Ft Lauderdale. (I will miss how easy it was to get to Baltimore cruise port! Ft Lauderdale is not a favorite of mine.) Sad to hear Jane @Lazy1 is too unwell to travel but hoping this improves very soon. Hoping Terri’s Jim @Cruzin Terri improves very soon too, I’m concerned about his knee swelling on their drive to their cruise. Prayers too for Ann and Pat, @Vict0rianneverything is so much harder and not much fun when walking us difficult. Welcome back to Annie and Chuck!  @marshhawk Want to hear all about it but will be swamped the next several days. 

Blessings to all here and afar!  Share caring, we all need it, the world needs it!  
Maureen 

• Like 32

Thank you to all our veterans for your service. Many times the deepest scars are hidden within. 

Rich, thank you for getting us started today. It is pouring rain!  We need it badly. Bindi is not happy. Last night at my friends was so much fun. Lemon drop martinis and a host of different tapas and appetizers. 

Vanessa, I am happy to read that you seem to have found a path to at least a few hours sleep. I pray that your medical team finds a permanent solution to your pain. Thank you for keeping up with us. 

Zumba, Bindi walks, and prep for dinner tonight. I am going to Spatchcock  chicken with veggies for my guests. These are my friends I use as Guinea Pigs when I try a new recipe. 😎 Hope it tastes as good as it looks. 

IMG_1919.jpeg.d87260e81dc683bf9a928fa17d75d2ba.jpeg

The following is a real id.

IMG_1899.jpeg.33da8a8fcd6150f5ae82f5539ef34788.jpeg

IMG_1889.jpeg.838756be748fbc69612ce77e7e93f055.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families & support teams. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Curran Creek Pinot Grigio

If you decide to try a bottle of this wine and aren’t a fan - use it for cooking. Consumers give it a good rating. It is available just about everywhere. Online prices start at $7.99.

Distributor Notes

Pale straw color with aromas of peaches and lemons. Refreshing on the plate with distinct flavors of pears melons tropical fruits and citrus. Pairs nicely with chicken seafood salads and spicy dishes.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Happy Veterans Day.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I'll pass on the Oragami but salute Angola and celebrate Education.  I have not been to Agios.  This was certainly a great day in 105 years ago.

Interesting quote by Einstein.  I like the meal but won't have access to a stove top for several weeks.  My alternative is Chilled Cherry Sour Soup, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Apple Pie Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam November 11, 2017:

dishes11.jpg

Roy

• Like 36

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Happy Veterans’ Day to all who served. 

Interesting days to celebrate. I don’t know much about Angola, but happy they have their independence.  I like origami creations and am all for good education,

Thank you to the F&B ladies.  

I like Mac and Cheese.  However, last night we had Cacio e Pepe so I don’t think we will have Mac and Cheese tonight.  Will say no to the drink and we will see about the wine.

Interesting quote by Einstein.  Not sure I agree with him on this one.

DH is still sleeping so I don’t know how he is feeling.  We take off the wrap this morning and then he has to wear a compression stocking.  He has to apply head 3x a day.   I really hope this helps. 

I am just about packed for our trip and he has not yet started.   i will start to help him after my cleaner leaves today.

Not much else to report.  We have had beautiful weather, but today the skies are grey and rain is predicted.  I guess you can’t have perfect weather every day.

Prayers for all on the cares list.

Baby Murphy seems to be holding her own.  Hope she continues to improve,

Vanessa, I hope you have some relief from your pain.

Sandi, prayers for your DB

Terry, prayers for you and Tana and your whole family.

Maureen, here’s to a smooth move to NJ

Denise, I hope you feel better,

Lazey 1, I hope you start to feel better.

@GTVCRUISER BON VOYAGE!

@rafinmd BON VOYAGE!

I hope everyone has a great day and Happy Veterans’ Day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good cold and sunny morning. Remembrance Day is so important to acknowledge. I’ve been in the United Kingdom several times and remember being on a train and having it stop at 11:00 for the 2 minutes of silence. I’m sad to read of the situation in London at the cenotaph this morning. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is a sunny cool morning and won’t go beyond 50 today. 
I salute all the veterans past and present.We had quite a few in the family and there are three who serve actively now.

Mac and cheese sounds good and would make a nice meal tonight.I have tried lately to try new recipes and it is funny how the reviews go. I am probably better sticking to the old favorites. I once caused a huge hubbub trying to change some of the Thanksgiving recipes.

Thank you again to @cat shepard and @StLouisCruisers for your good wishes for us. We are up and down here but managing.

@GTVCRUISER,Bon Voyage!

• Like 30

Good morning, everyone!  

It is a bit nippy out this morning and skies are mostly overcast.  But, it is supposed to stay dry so Sue and I can do the leaves again.  They are mostly coming from the neighbors' trees and being blown over here.  

The CT went well yesterday.  The chalky stuff wasn't all that chalky and didn't even taste that horrible.  It isn't something I would choose to drink, but it sure could have been worse. The worst part about it was sitting in the waiting area for two hours.  Now we just have to be patient waiting for the results.  The hospital administration contracted a new radiology group and it is now taking 7 days minimum to get results back.  The doctors are not happy with this.  I told the surgeon I was sure this was a financial decision and patient care never entered into the equation.  

Mac and cheese is not a favorite of mine.  I've avoided it since college days when I had too much of it because it was a cheap dinner.  At this point, it is way to carb heavy for me, so I'll stick with my lean protein.  Now, what might make the mac and cheese better is to throw a little bacon into it.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/stovetop-mac-and-cheese-with-white-cheddar

macandwhitecheddarcheese1.thumb.jpg.5d2baf3ea56483e61af5c189d8277b0b.jpg

I think the mustard powder in this one would give it some good flavor.  https://www.averiecooks.com/20-minute-stovetop-white-cheddar-mac-and-cheese/

macandwhitecheddarcheese2.thumb.jpg.207137b4fd8d38d46890786a6b0121ee.jpg

If you want to make it a bit healthier you can do what this recipe does:  It adds in some cauliflower and spinach.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/recipes/2016/01/recipe-stovetop-white-cheddar-mac-and-cheese

macandwhitecheddarcheese4.jpeg.d79131b44b8daa6c96fa3c909e63946d.jpeg

I'm off to blow leaves to the street so the wind can blow them back on the lawn.  

Wishing  you all a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Good morning,

I feel much better today. I ended up taking a 2 hour nap and rested the rest of the day. I must have had a 24 hour bug. I have a wedding to got to this afternoon and I am glad I do not need to cancel. 

I am happy to see the care list is a little shorter. I hope things turn around for everyone soon. I am happy to see how many are cruising or getting ready to go. Bon Voyage!

Thank you to all the Veterans. I better text my brother and his wife. They were in the army for 24 for him and 30 years for her. 

Everyone  have a great Saturday. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Very important days; long line of vets in my family (including DH and parents) so Veterans Day is impactful for me.

Yes on the meal and wine, pass on the drink and quote, not been to the port.

Both days in history need to be recognized and remembered.

Shoulder and numb foot really got tested during the cruise - neither passed.😓 I have appointments already scheduled and hoping they'll bring relief. Canceling the upcoming TA (Nov 26 Rome->FLL) is not an option, so whatever needs to happen between now and then needs to be productive.

Our ports were all terrific and the weather mostly cooperated during the Oct 29 cruise - hoping for the same on the Nov 26 cruise 🫣

Bon Voyage @GTVCRUISER

My heart warms reading of Baby Murphy's progress. Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and happy Saturday. Celebrating Veterans Day with a big thank you to all who have served. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly but sunny today. Feeling like fall. I like the meal and drink of the day. 

I ended up needing to change my primary care doctor. I had an appointment scheduled for my routine med check and bloodwork. I got the blood work done but then found out that my appointment was cancelled, and I was never notified. Because of that the doctor refused to approve my medication refill. I have trying to reach the office for a full explanation with no response. I was able to find another primary care physician whose staff are very nice and concerned and got me an appointment for next week. I think this was the push needed to get me to change doctors. I have been unhappy with this office and the doctors ever since the nurse practitioner who helped me manage my diabetes was let go during the COVID shut down. Since then, my diabetes has been out of control especially after my initial bout of COVID. I couldn't even get an appointment with the diabetes educator for support. There are days that this illness has caused depression, but I am hopeful with a new set of eyes, we can get my numbers back under control. 

Thinking of all on the care list.

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.930192915a8b8761340f32f46a63ac67.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2