Friday December 1st, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Christmas Lights Day, World AIDS Day, and Romania Independence Day

Christopher Columbus, as everyone knows, is honored by posterity because he was the last to discover America. - James Joyce

Meal Suggestion for today - Arctic Char with Greens and Gribiche Dressing
Drink of the Day - Old 97
Wine of the Day - Octopoda Pinot Noir
Destination of the Day - Fortaleza, Brazil

Today in History:

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Ocho Rios, Jamaica eta 12-02

Koningsdam

Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12-02

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island Azores Portugal eta 12-03

Oosterdam

Coquimbo, La Serena, Chile 07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 12-02

Volendam

Kahului, Hawaii 08:00 - 22:00

Zaandam

Macapa, Brazil Destination Santarem, Brazil Amazon eta 12-02

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Luanda, Angola eta 12-02

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Dunedin, Port Chalmers, New Zealand 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Lembar, Lombok Indonesia 08:00 - 23:00

1201World.thumb.png.d020360d0d67646215a3ccdca68ad1eb.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Sharon in AZ post Cataract surgery yesterday

Superoma’s good friend Dena hospitalized with a foot infection

Heartgrove’s DW Sue positive for Covid

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

Rafinmd recently hospitalized

57redbird needing spinal fusion at L4-5

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home arzz!

Welcome home Cruzin Terri and Jim!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & seeing her!

Rafinmd released from the hospital, making his way home

Cruising-along with good report from the Nephrologist

Heartgrove testing negative now for Covid, but having sleep issues

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection Dec 3 to Dec 17, B@B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands)

Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami), Himself(Rotterdam to Dec, Southern Caribbean Seafarer), Niagarawine (Rotterdam to Dec 3, Southern Caribbean Seafarer),  Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 26
  • Thanks 16

Rabbit   Rabbit   White Rabbit

It's hard to believe it's December already.

Thanks for the Report.

A few flurries in the forecast for today. 

3 important days.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good.  Hope the drink and wine are good too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit! 🐇 Good morning friends!  Today it's 45 and cloudy with rain expected soon and for a large portion of the day.  We will have a high temp of 62.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Friday December 1.

Right on time we have National Christmas Lights Day.  It's good to remember World AIDS Day, and I'm sure Romanians are happy to celebrate their independence.  The quote is a humorous version of America's beginnings.  I think I'll skip the Arctic char, the drink and the red wine.    I didn't see any days in history today so let's assume nothing has ever happened on this date.  🤣 Thanks to our reporters Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their work bringing us info on the food and beverages. 

Prayers for all our Daily people who are in pain, recovering from or preparing for medical procedures, or just not feeling great.  Extra prayers for adorable Baby Murphy, and Vanessa @JazzyV who has had more than her fair share of troubles lately.  Prayers for those in Israel and Ukraine and the hostages still not returned.  Special prayers for DB and friends Scott and Bob plus their caretaker wives.  For those on our Celebration list, congrats to you all and to those cruising have a great time!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for today's C&C list!

Safe travels to Roy @rafinmd today.  What a journey you've had this past month!

The port today is Fortaleza, Brazil which was our port once before on Nov. 30, 2022.  We have not stopped there on any of our cruises to Brazil.  Here is the link to that date for your convenience in retrieving your photos.

Hoping all of you have a great day!  Stay safe and well.  

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!!

Old 97 cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Jim Beam® Bonded
1 part Simple Syrup
1 part Cherry Maraschino Liqueur
2 dashes Bitters
Garnish with Orange Peel

Instructions
Stir ingredients over ice. Strain over fresh ice. Garnish, making sure to express the oils of the peel.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 6.57.28 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report. Today promises to be a beautiful day until the rain comes tonight. I need to make a quick trip to the bank.  One of my work projects had a 1/18 go live date. Yesterday they moved it to 12/14, I don’t think it will really happen then but if it does I’m on a plane to FLL.

I’m not sure about today’s meal suggestion, instead we will have some leftover turkey barley soup.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

2017 Amsterdam 

A56CF5B0-2AC0-4FBB-89DE-AB1B97C3ABEA.thumb.jpeg.47917b9de6ef24fb588f02f124da6c91.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I didn't see any days in history today so let's assume nothing has ever happened on this date.

1913 Ford Motor Company institutes world's 1st moving assembly line for the Model T Ford

1955 Rosa Parks is arrested for refusing to move to the back of a bus and give her seat to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

1913 Ford Motor Company institutes world's 1st moving assembly line for the Model T Ford

1955 Rosa Parks is arrested for refusing to move to the back of a bus and give her seat to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama

Both excellent and very important days in history!  I hope you forgive me for my teasing!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

White rabbit 🐰 white rabbit 🐰 white rabbit 🐇 for the 1st of the month.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

This morning there was a major water pipe leak in our close and it lifted the path slabs up and caused flooding.

The water board are currently digging up the ground to try to sort the broken pipe.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Just now, grapau27 said:

White rabbit 🐰 white rabbit 🐰 white rabbit 🐇 for the 1st of the month.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

This morning there was a major water pipe leak in our close and it lifted the path slabs up and caused flooding.

The water board are currently digging up the ground to try to sort the broken pipe.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham I hope the water pipe break didn't cause any flooding for your home, and that the inconvenience is soon passed.  What a mess with the cement slabs lifted!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit

Thanks for our TGIF, Rich

And thanks Ann, Dixie, Vanessa & Debbie.

Great collection of days. December 1st was always the day our lights went on.  Mine started a couple of days earlier than that to be in sync with my neighbours 😉. World Aids day is so important and cheers to Romania for their special day.

IMG_1751.jpeg.32b9f93f3d61367c7be56fc5133e8ea1.jpeg

LOL on the James Joyce quote 😂  Looking forward to Debbie’s recipes for the Char.  We’ve been to Brazil but not today’s port.  Two significant days in history - especially (for me) Rosa Parks day.

Good to read that @Sharon in AZ‘s surgery went well yesterday. 👏. A big welcome home to @arzz & @Cruzin Terri.  Hope you both don’t go through too much cruise withdrawal 🤞 

IMG_1204.thumb.jpeg.d3ff7ca38aca057fbae6771baca9f348.jpeg

Snow squall yesterday which hadn’t been forecast.  Fortunately it wasn’t the slippery kind for our walk.  My little Christmas trees and decorations go up today and hope to finish my Christmas cards and make sure my gift list is complete.

7E6635DF6E8A410A9F805902DF035CFD.png.d26fc44bb4c9bfc6e92ba4d306cab482.png

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issue, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂.

Have a Good Friday everyone.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham I hope the water pipe break didn't cause any flooding for your home, and that the inconvenience is soon passed.  What a mess with the cement slabs lifted!

Thank you Sandi.

We are at the bottom of our close and our back and front garden were flooded.

Sand and gravel that was under the closes path concrete slabs covered our front.

Our patio slabs/bricks were concreted in when Paulines brother laid them so they are okay.

The water board cleaning team have cleared the debris and are coming back when the water eventually gets turned on to power wash our drive and garage floor.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi.

We are at the bottom of our close and our back and front garden were flooded.

Sand and gravel that was under the closes path concrete slabs covered our front.

Our patio slabs/bricks were concreted in when Paulines brother laid them so they are okay.

The water board cleaning team have cleared the debris and are coming back when the water eventually gets turned on to power wash our drive and garage floor.

Oh no!  I'm sorry to hear of all the debris ending up in your garden.  I hope no permanent damage was done and once cleaned up you have no reminders of the mess it made.  Your garden is so beautiful it would be a shame to have it damaged.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I submit the following for today in history

Rosa Parks refuses to sit in the back of a Montgomery, Alabama, bus, defying the South’s segregationist laws.1955

Ukraine’s voters overwhelmingly approve a referendum for independence from the USSR. 1991

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9

Good morning Daily-ites 

White 🐇 rabbit!!

Day 8 on the beautiful Rotterdam. The sun was gorgeous coming up.

I went to MDR alone last night. DH was pooped out from napping at the Lido pool.. lol

I had the veal. It was OK, ate less than half. Went upstairs after my cappuccino and read on the balcony.

There's a lot going on today with the ship's Daily. We will go through it over breakfast. 

I was so happy to see Murphy! Roy get home healthy and safely. Vanessa,  Sue,  Tana and all suffering illnesses, Blessings and prayers lifted 🙏

Wait a minute! Did I miss Sandi's surprise??!! Going back to yesterday's Daily to check!

God bless and have a great day!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites 

White 🐇 rabbit!!

Day 8 on the beautiful Rotterdam. The sun was gorgeous coming up.

I went to MDR alone last night. DH was pooped out from napping at the Lido pool.. lol

I had the veal. It was OK, ate less than half. Went upstairs after my cappuccino and read on the balcony.

There's a lot going on today with the ship's Daily. We will go through it over breakfast. 

I was so happy to see Murphy! Roy get home healthy and safely. Vanessa,  Sue,  Tana and all suffering illnesses, Blessings and prayers lifted 🙏

Wait a minute! Did I miss Sandi's surprise??!! Going back to yesterday's Daily to check!

God bless and have a great day!!

No ma'am the announcement has to wait until all the facts are in!  I can't wait!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Happy Friday! Here we are in the last month of the year. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Easy and relaxed day today. Working on finishing up grading for a class and then I have a work group with colleagues. After that, who knows. Expecting some rain today. 

The meal of the day sounds interesting. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.8445d70b3963dbea8b2c96ad21223df3.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 14

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich!  Today in History: on this date in 2023 CC’s Dailyites learned that NOTHING HAPPENED!

It was 57 already when Bindi & I headed out, so perhaps we will return to more seasonal temps for a bit. Would love to get more kayaking in before winter arrives. 

Vanessa thank you for keeping up with us. Praying that you soon find relief for your pain. I marvel at what you accomplish, in spite of it. 

Gym, Bindi walks, a visit from a couple of arborists to look at a few of my trees. 🤞🏻 my two oldest oaks can be saved with a really good trim. BTW - red wine lovers if you ever have a chance to taste a Pinotage - do it. The one I tried was amazing. A super fruity nose, but  it had amazing body and taste. Chores should fill out my day. 

IMG_2091.jpeg.0805c0342d8430b8a2ee52298f250f88.jpeg

IMG_2101.jpeg.1751022f4b3941ac94c12c7b5d614393.jpeg

IMG_2096.jpeg.24a7da410d8fb6b38645abbc3451c77d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those who are dealing with debilitating pain or conditions. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @rafinmd Roy, safe travels today. Rest well. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Octopoda Pinot Noir

Consumers love this California Pinot Noir. Always willing to try a Pinot Noir, though I prefer a fuller bodied PN, which is rare for them. Widely available, with online prices starting at $17.99.

Distributor notes

What makes the Russian River Valley so special? For starters this sub-appellation in Sonoma County is home to some of the top producers of California Pinot Noir & Chardonnay. The seasonal fog and tempering effects of the Pacific Ocean gives this region an uncommonly long growing season, and creates ideal conditions for cool climate varietals.

The Wine Buyer: 91 Points

"Complex, lively and well-balanced. This Russian River Pinot Noir features pure flavors of plum, pomegranate, loganberry and strawberry which are lined with spice, shades of mineral and a hint of tea. Engaging finish supported by supple tannins." The Wine Buyer, 91 Points

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 7