Friday December 1st, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Graham

Sorry that you & Pauline have to deal with this. I am impressed at how responsive your Water Board is. 

Do anticipate any damage to your lawn, trees, bushes or flowers?

The front lawn looks a mess as it was covered in sand and dolomite that was under the streets paving slabs which lifted with the force of the water which was like a river coming down the slope this morning.

The clean up team collected several bags of sand/dolomite and raked it off our lawn and brushed into piles on our driveway.

Hopefully the lawn will recover.

There are several workers and three trucks been here for 9 hours and the pathway is closed off and a massive hole where the leak was.

Pauline's brother who is a builder put a special drainage in when he laid all of our patios so as soon as the water was stopped the patio water dispersed quickly.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

RABBIT  RABBIT  WHITE RABBIT!

Good morning from a mostly sunny Quartzsite.  The sun has just come up over the mountains, but there are a few pesky clouds to the west.  I hope they stay there for a while.  It is 44F feeling like 43F with a 92% humidity and a dew point of 42F.  The predicted high is 67F.  Today I hope to finish pulling the dead weeds and put up the Christmas lights.  For some reason all the Emojis disappeared.  They were there when I clicked on the smiley face, but then poof, they were going and it said no results.

I'll celebrate Christmas lights day, especially if I get mine up today.  I usually put them up the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Until there is a vaccine or cure for AIDS, World AIDS Day is needed.  The Romanians are surely celebrating their independence today.  Sadly, the Ukrainians are having to fight to keep their independence.

I like the James Joyce quote.

The arctic char sounds good as does the wine.  We'll skip the drink.

We have not been to Fortaleza, Brazil.  In fact, I had to search on Google Maps to see where it is.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, welcome home.  I hope you and Jim had a good cruise.

@arzz  Welcome home.  I hope getting the water damage fixed is not a big hassle especially with everyone that's involved.

@seagarsmoker  Sorry about the phone issues and needing a new phone.  There's never a convenient time for that to happen.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for adding the two important days in history.  Ford's assembly line revolutionized manufacturing.  Rosa Parks was a remarkable lady who helped start a movement for civil rights.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad the snow did not make the sidewalks and driveway slippery yesterday.

@grapau27  Graham, I hope your gardens were not damaged.  Here, we're lucky to get the water main fixed.  Any and all cleanup is up to us.

@1ANGELCAT  I'm glad Tee Tee came home on his own.

@ocean sounds  That is early to get the lights up, but when your on someone else's schedule, you do what you have to do.

@RedneckBob  RNB, your bunny, bunny, playboy bunny would probably bring good luck until Mrs. RNB found out about the Playboy Bunny.

@Heartgrove  Jack, I'm sorry your and Sue are still feeling the effects of Covid.  I'm glad DSIL is still well.

@superoma  Eva, I'm glad the antibiotics are beginning to help Dena.  I hope they find the cause of the problems and ways to keep it from happening again.

@cruising sister  Larraine, I hope the new medicine works.  Enjoy the Christmas program.

358692139_673761278124320_6783804635058064611_n.jpg.c56ede46528b6d10dc251383026ec0dc.jpg

362222963_1305771346937235_119153278695942032_n.jpg.806be9ac01845e6af1adb94c493389ee.jpg

366048369_315102354305127_8819631606854077622_n.thumb.jpg.21c384a8516f97e1fe3f2f08b0a96c52.jpg

395428081_717736027044786_9064773306716528639_n.thumb.jpg.1390f85a971b94e7841e6675b037e04b.jpg

401714677_738422731664424_7324456384918783556_n.jpg.303c340083bd682b0048d62aaecd31f5.jpg

404375810_7066292103427052_9156853570465309268_n.thumb.jpg.4de282bb8b8ea6ac09b3523985aa299f.jpg

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 22

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Graham I'm so sad to hear about your beautiful gardens!

Thank you Joy.

There is a patch on the front lawn 8 feet x 8 feet which was covered in sand/gravel/dolomite from the water flowing down the close path on to our lawn which the clean up team raked off.

The rest of the front and back look okay.

The cold water is reconnected now.

The clean up team are coming back tomorrow to power wash our drive and patio.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

RABBIT  RABBIT  WHITE RABBIT!

Good morning from a mostly sunny Quartzsite.  The sun has just come up over the mountains, but there are a few pesky clouds to the west.  I hope they stay there for a while.  It is 44F feeling like 43F with a 92% humidity and a dew point of 42F.  The predicted high is 67F.  Today I hope to finish pulling the dead weeds and put up the Christmas lights.  For some reason all the Emojis disappeared.  They were there when I clicked on the smiley face, but then poof, they were going and it said no results.

I'll celebrate Christmas lights day, especially if I get mine up today.  I usually put them up the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Until there is a vaccine or cure for AIDS, World AIDS Day is needed.  The Romanians are surely celebrating their independence today.  Sadly, the Ukrainians are having to fight to keep their independence.

I like the James Joyce quote.

The arctic char sounds good as does the wine.  We'll skip the drink.

We have not been to Fortaleza, Brazil.  In fact, I had to search on Google Maps to see where it is.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, welcome home.  I hope you and Jim had a good cruise.

@arzz  Welcome home.  I hope getting the water damage fixed is not a big hassle especially with everyone that's involved.

@seagarsmoker  Sorry about the phone issues and needing a new phone.  There's never a convenient time for that to happen.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for adding the two important days in history.  Ford's assembly line revolutionized manufacturing.  Rosa Parks was a remarkable lady who helped start a movement for civil rights.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad the snow did not make the sidewalks and driveway slippery yesterday.

@grapau27  Graham, I hope your gardens were not damaged.  Here, we're lucky to get the water main fixed.  Any and all cleanup is up to us.

@1ANGELCAT  I'm glad Tee Tee came home on his own.

@ocean sounds  That is early to get the lights up, but when your on someone else's schedule, you do what you have to do.

@RedneckBob  RNB, your bunny, bunny, playboy bunny would probably bring good luck until Mrs. RNB found out about the Playboy Bunny.

@Heartgrove  Jack, I'm sorry your and Sue are still feeling the effects of Covid.  I'm glad DSIL is still well.

@superoma  Eva, I'm glad the antibiotics are beginning to help Dena.  I hope they find the cause of the problems and ways to keep it from happening again.

@cruising sister  Larraine, I hope the new medicine works.  Enjoy the Christmas program.

358692139_673761278124320_6783804635058064611_n.jpg.c56ede46528b6d10dc251383026ec0dc.jpg

362222963_1305771346937235_119153278695942032_n.jpg.806be9ac01845e6af1adb94c493389ee.jpg

366048369_315102354305127_8819631606854077622_n.thumb.jpg.21c384a8516f97e1fe3f2f08b0a96c52.jpg

395428081_717736027044786_9064773306716528639_n.thumb.jpg.1390f85a971b94e7841e6675b037e04b.jpg

401714677_738422731664424_7324456384918783556_n.jpg.303c340083bd682b0048d62aaecd31f5.jpg

404375810_7066292103427052_9156853570465309268_n.thumb.jpg.4de282bb8b8ea6ac09b3523985aa299f.jpg

Lenda

But Ms Crystal the Misses is my playboy bunny! 🐰🐰🐰

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Good morning. We had a light snow last night and they are saying some snow showers during the day, but it looks like the worst went north of us this time. At least I will not need a snow plow today. The dogs were not happy but were cooperative and we were out and in very quickly. They were early this morning, it was still very dark. Our high is only supposed to reach 30F but next week it will warm up into the40's and maybe even the low 50's.

Loved the picture of Miss Murphy yesterday.

I am not decorating this year. Hopefully my neighbors will although right now it looks pretty blaaah outside. However, the fact that it is hunting season and we have snow has driven the deer down into my yard. My lawn decor this morning was a very handsome stag and 4 of his favorite lady friends. They added a nice element to the winter scene.

My best wishes to all. Am off to begin to load up the car again with thrift store stuff. If the roads stay clear I will make a run late morning or early afternoon.

Susan

• Like 27

Dog walked.  Yesterday the meds I was taking were making me extremely hungry.  Which since my "feed" has been off for weeks,  I appreciated having an appetite.  Until 4:30 this morning!  So yes I was up at 4:30.  Apparently if you starve yourself for a long time, and then eat a lot, your stomach will rebel. I think that is why when I went back to bed, I slept until 9.

@smitty34877I understand not wanting to do much at Christmas.  The year my dad passed, I just didnt have the heart to decorate.  Even though I have a brother, there is no family connection there, and I felt so alone.  And then I decided that I may not have family, but the little old lady across the street had a daughter who "wasnt there", so I decided to be a secret Santa for her.  Three weeks before Christmas, I placed a poinsetta by her door.  The week before Christmas I put a small living Christmas tree with tiny decorations by the door.  And on new Years I put a dandy dressed teddy bear by the door for her date for New Years Eve.

After the Little Old Lady passed away, her daughter moved into the house.  Turns out she suffered from bipolar disease, and just could not connect with her mom.  She told me that her mom had had the strangest Christmas (which was her last) with presents being put on her door.  She had no idea where they came from, but while they first scared her, she realized she had nothing to fear, and they made her very happy.  I never told her they were from me, but the giving made me happy.  It also inspired me to put up my decorate daily Christmas tree in the front window.  Decorate daily due to cats.

@cruising sisterI loved the pictures of Murphy , thank you for sharing them.  She looks very aware of being photographed, got that model pose going on.

@grapau27I am sorry to read about your water disaster today.  I am glad that you got it fixed.

@dobiemomGlad you are feeling better!

To all Dailyites I am sending hugs.

image.png.775a67f1c46539a4cbe46d0be6473971.png

image.png.e6b6b1ca3cdd88cc642b4632d63578e5.png

image.png.0f76f90adc22ac09e6ee7008df43468e.png

image.png.9b2def9fe2f3c894d4a8e910a0efff46.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 15

Happy Friday!  It's raining here today, DGD is in Ida Michigan with her dance group, looks like rain is also in their forecast.  They have a couple dance shows and a parade tomorrow night.  

Christmas lights are good, we got out the outside lights yesterday and 1/2 of them didn't work.  There will be spotlights up this year, and 1 wreath that works.  Never hear of Char fish, but we do like salmon.  

@grapau27Sorry to hear about your water issues, I feel your pain.  We live in an older neighborhood, and the water mains have been having some problems.  We haven't had any messes, but it's hard when your water is off for a while.  You sure take it for granted, and miss it when it doesn't work.  

@cruising sisterIt was great to see Baby Murphy pictures yesterday, she is precious!  Tell her family "thanks" for sharing! 

@superomaPrayers your friend feels better soon. 

@rafinmdHoping your day goes well, and you get home safe and sound! 

@JazzyVHoping you are doing ok with your house and pain issues. 

Have a good day, Karen

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

I'm happy to see that the forecast of frozen mix won't be happening.  Instead it's rain, rain, rain.  Too warm for frozen anything.

All good days.  I'll pass on the red wine and drink, and maybe on the meal but minus the dressing with the hard boiled eggs. We have not been to Brazil.

We really enjoyed DGS's band recital yesterday.  He plays in percussion, and their section was the best of the whole show (IMO) 😉  We got seats right near him, so had a good view and I could tell he was very pleased we were there.  Especially because DD couldn't go, she's home with a bug so watched on Zoom.

This morning we're getting the latest Covid booster, and then will be done. 

Yesterday I got an email from Shore Excursions Group telling me that the tour I booked last April in Akaroa, NZ has to be canceled due to tour provider issues!  Now it's back to the drawing board for that port, and of course the good ones with HAL are full and so is the private tour with the roll call.  GRR.  Not happy at the late notice!  We've used Shore Excursions Group several times in the past and had no problems.  If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it!  I'm wondering which would be better, just stay in Akaroa (sounds like a delightful town) or to go into Christchurch and take the HOHO....any ideas? The tour that was canceled goes to Banks Peninsula -- something I really wanted to see...

Lorraine @cruising sister thank you so much for posting the photos of sweet little Murphy.  She's darling and truly a miracle!  Also sorry to hear about the pre-Diabetes.  I know how you feel, because it's in my DNA too.  It runs through my family back generations.  No matter how thin, fat, or active, every person has gotten it eventually.  Hang in there!

Eva @superoma Good to hear that the antibiotics are working for your friend Dena.

Graham @grapau27 Very sorry about the water problems and I hope your garden wasn't too damaged.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit. When I said this to Mona Lisa, she looked at me funny. Incidentally, she is spending a lot of time near me and lets me pet her. DaVinci is still reclusive but I am seeing him more.

I don't think that Columbus was the last to discover America. Old joke:

Teacher: "Maria, please go to the map and point to America."

(Student goes to map and points.)

Teacher: "Class, who discovered America?"

Students: "Maria."

I would probably like the meal, although gribiche dressing would be a pain to make. I might like the cocktail but will probably never find out. For a Pinot Noir, Heron Hill 2019 IV. I haven't been to Fortaleza.

Folk history holds that Rosa Parks refused to get up merely because she was tired. Actual history says that she was a civil-rights activist; if it wasn't actually planned, she was certainly primed for it.

I stayed up well past midnight but didn't see any aurora.

From my professor: "What a wonderful presentation you gave us last evening!  I hope you could sense from the feedback and questions how much people enjoyed it." 

I think that I have the excursions set up for my January cruise.

windchimes.jpg.f0801c35404e42027a9469c69f0f0e15.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Late yesterday afternoon we had a phone call from Wayne, the friend we'll be cruising with in February, asking if we could help him.  He'd been at a health clinic in the afternoon and they wanted him to go to emergency at the hospital and he didn't want to drive.  DH flew out of the house, picked him up and promptly took him over.  It seems he's having heart issues (racing) and it isn't pumping properly so that his legs were becoming extremely painful.  It's strange because this is a man whose only previous problems were with his knees from a lifetime of playing recreational basketball.  We kept in touch with him throughout the evening and at this point we know he's being admitted to the cardiac ward where he will likely be held for a couple of days for tests.  I'll text him in about an hour for an update and to see if we can bring him anything (razor, toothbrush, etc) to make him comfortable.  I wouldn't mind if you all would keep him in your prayers, as it sounds quite serious.

Bless you both for helping Wayne ♥️. Prayers are winging his way 🙏 

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Covid aftereffects STILL lingering! Today is 14 days so I guess that is to be expected. Sue and I are taking turns as to who feels worse.  😄   DSIL is still feeling fine.  🤞

Oh ugh.  I hope you and Sue are feeling much better SOON.  🤞 

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Just heard from my friend Dena. The antibiotics are kicking in and the inflammation is going down. Still no idea what caused it and not being released yet and having more tests. But considering she lives alone, no children nor nieces or nephews the hospital is probably the best place for her right now. I told her I asked for prayers from the group and she is thrilled - she is a huge believer in the power of prayer. Thank you all again. 

Good news.  This sounds promising for Dena 🤞 I will keep her in my prayers in the hopes she can be soon released, healthy and well.  🙏 

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I am starting a new medicine for pre diabetes today. I am not happy about it. It doesn’t matter how much I exercise keep my weight down and eat right and the numbers still rise. I know it is in the DNA and I am at increased risk but still frustrating. Unfortunately I did not tolerate metformin so I am trying  Brenzavvy which insurance will not pay for. I did get a great price on Mark Cubans online pharmacy. We will see how this goes. 

I hope the new medicine can help your Diabetes numbers.  🙏 

2 hours ago, arzz said:

Thank you @kazu for the welcome home. We had a good R & R time - probably gained 20 pounds, and are now ready to begin tackling the insurance battles over the flood in or home that occurred on Oct 27 from a broken fire sprinkler in the unit upstairs of us. They are remodeling so we are sure the insurance issues will be complicated involving our HOA, the contractor and all affected homeowners. 

Ugh on insurance battles.  They are no fun and yours sounds complicated.  Hoping things can get resolved for you quickly with the least amount of hassle possible 🤞 

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

I finally got my surgery date - Dec. 11....either then or sometime in January....nope, the sooner the better.

Yay!  Glad you finally have a date.  Best wishes for your surgery.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

And then I decided that I may not have family, but the little old lady across the street had a daughter who "wasnt there", so I decided to be a secret Santa for her.  Three weeks before Christmas, I placed a poinsetta by her door.  The week before Christmas I put a small living Christmas tree with tiny decorations by the door.  And on new Years I put a dandy dressed teddy bear by the door for her date for New Years Eve.

After the Little Old Lady passed away, her daughter moved into the house.  Turns out she suffered from bipolar disease, and just could not connect with her mom.  She told me that her mom had had the strangest Christmas (which was her last) with presents being put on her door.  She had no idea where they came from, but while they first scared her, she realized she had nothing to fear, and they made her very happy.  I never told her they were from me, but the giving made me happy.  It also inspired me to put up my decorate daily Christmas tree in the front window.  Decorate daily due to cats.

How very kind and sweet of you to bring some joy into that lady’s life with no expectation of even a thank you ♥️ That is the true Christmas spirit.

51 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Graham @grapau27 Very sorry about the water problems and I hope your garden wasn't too damaged.

+1

@smitty34877 Christmas is a very tough time when you have lost someone 😢. Just do what you and Tana want to do this year and what traditions may bring you a smile.  Don’t worry about anything else or anyone else.  ♥️ 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Happy Friday!  Wishing everyone the best possible weekend.

I’ve been following the blogs from several who are currently on the Grand South America.  Since no one has posted pictures of Fortaleza, I thought you might enjoy the photos contained here: https://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/2023/11/grand-south-america-south-america.html?m=1

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Rabbits said first thing

Prayers lifted for those in need. 

We were in Fortaleza but briefly. We disembarked a medical patient but couldn’t stay due to high waves. The ship tied up briefly but pulled up a pier tie-off. I was pretty much done with Brazil by then after 4 ports there. 

DH and I have mild colds, mostly just tired. A little congestion. 
Ready now to connect by phone with my Spiritual Companioning ladies in Maryland. Hoping that will be uplifting. 

hugs for Terry, @smitty34877!  Just breathe!  In and out.  
@rafinmd Enjoy the train ride, Roy, rest ! 

Sorry for the mess Graham!  Focus on what’s good right now. 

Blessings Vanessa, Dena, all seeking healing, in need of comfort, direction or hope!  
m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Lorraine @cruising sister thank you so much for posting the photos of sweet little Murphy.  She's darling and truly a miracle!  Also sorry to hear about the pre-Diabetes.  I know how you feel, because it's in my DNA too.  It runs through my family back generations.  No matter how thin, fat, or active, every person has gotten it eventually.  Hang in there!

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I am starting a new medicine for pre diabetes today. I am not happy about it. It doesn’t matter how much I exercise keep my weight down and eat right and the numbers still rise. I know it is in the DNA and I am at increased risk but still frustrating. Unfortunately I did not tolerate metformin so I am trying  Brenzavvy which insurance will not pay for. I did get a great price on Mark Cubans online pharmacy. We will see how this goes. 

Thank  you both for recognizing the DNA link to diabetes.  When I was diagnosed many "friends" told me I had done this to myself.  The history goes way back in my family.  I can trace it to a great great grandmother on mom's father's side.  Her mother's sisters had it.  Cousin Joannie has it.  On dad's side I know his brother had it.  Lorraine, after my adrenalectomy I could no longer tolerate the metformin and the dosage I was taking.  At the suggestion of my endocrinologist, I cut the metformin in half and we tried to up the Ozempic, but I can't get it due to the shortage caused by those using it for weight loss.  How do they get it?  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, dfish said:

When I was diagnosed many "friends" told me I had done this to myself.  The history goes way back in my family

Makes me crazy how much ignorance there is about that disease.  

I'm on Glipizide now, took me off Metformin.  I tolerated it fine, but my kidneys didn't.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm on Glipizide now, took me off Metformin.  I tolerated it fine, but my kidneys didn't.  

My MD was thinking I was prediabetic 'cause my fasting glucoses were creeping up ---put me on a 4 month trial of Metformin & my sugars went higher....we stopped that & I'm trying to lose some weight.

• Like 20

Rabbit white rabbit!  Good morning to everyone and thanks for the daily and fleet reports. Now anchored off of Kahului. 

No rain expected today which will be nice. I walked way too much yesterday and I am very sore. Nothing planned at this port but I do have a long one for tomorrow. 

have a great day everyone!  IMG_2080.thumb.jpeg.d1cd6683df3eb41df71e0271a920eac4.jpegIMG_2077.thumb.jpeg.5d0fa1472deb82d4510ed812a1e27588.jpegIMG_2073.thumb.jpeg.e4104b1dda899ebfed4aeb9993215454.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.  It is a beautiful sunny day, and since I finally caught up inside, I'm heading out to do battle with the tumble weeds and others.  The weather app says it's 59F and the outdoor thermometer says it's 63F in the shade.  However, it is warm in the sun since there is not a strong wind.

@ger_77  Gerry, I was sorry to read about Wayne's heart problem.  I hope the doctors can find the cause and can fix it so he can go on the cruise in February.

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Daiyites!  Rabbit Rabbit, white rabbit.  Neighbor is working from home, but she still wants me to walk the dog this morning, in 5 minutes, and I slept until 9.  Oops.  

Turns out that one of two oxygen products will be delivered, sometime today, before 9 pm tonight. Dont know which one, so I just sent an email to the woman I talked to yesterday, who set the account up.

I have the day off, but I have lots of calls to make today.  

to the dog I go, will be back.

Annie, I'm glad at least one of the oxygen devices will be delivered today.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The front lawn looks a mess as it was covered in sand and dolomite that was under the streets paving slabs which lifted with the force of the water which was like a river coming down the slope this morning.

The clean up team collected several bags of sand/dolomite and raked it off our lawn and brushed into piles on our driveway.

Hopefully the lawn will recover.

There are several workers and three trucks been here for 9 hours and the pathway is closed off and a massive hole where the leak was.

Pauline's brother who is a builder put a special drainage in when he laid all of our patios so as soon as the water was stopped the patio water dispersed quickly.

Graham, i also hope your lawn will recover. The sand shouldn't be a problem since that is what we used to fill in low places in the grass.  I'm not sure what effect the dolomite will have.  I hope they can get it all out of the grass.

3 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I finally got my surgery date - Dec. 11....either then or sometime in January....nope, the sooner the better.

Vanessa - keep pushing for some resolution for your issues!

Pat, that is good news you have a surgery date.  Best wishes for a successful outcome and a speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm happy to see that the forecast of frozen mix won't be happening.  Instead it's rain, rain, rain.  Too warm for frozen anything.

All good days.  I'll pass on the red wine and drink, and maybe on the meal but minus the dressing with the hard boiled eggs. We have not been to Brazil.

We really enjoyed DGS's band recital yesterday.  He plays in percussion, and their section was the best of the whole show (IMO) 😉  We got seats right near him, so had a good view and I could tell he was very pleased we were there.  Especially because DD couldn't go, she's home with a bug so watched on Zoom.

This morning we're getting the latest Covid booster, and then will be done. 

Yesterday I got an email from Shore Excursions Group telling me that the tour I booked last April in Akaroa, NZ has to be canceled due to tour provider issues!  Now it's back to the drawing board for that port, and of course the good ones with HAL are full and so is the private tour with the roll call.  GRR.  Not happy at the late notice!  We've used Shore Excursions Group several times in the past and had no problems.  If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it!  I'm wondering which would be better, just stay in Akaroa (sounds like a delightful town) or to go into Christchurch and take the HOHO....any ideas? The tour that was canceled goes to Banks Peninsula -- something I really wanted to see...

Eva @superoma Good to hear that the antibiotics are working for your friend Dena.

Carolyn, I'm glad you enjoyed the band concert.  Too bad about the canceled shore excursion, especially at this late a date.

42 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Rabbits said first thing

Prayers lifted for those in need. 

We were in Fortaleza but briefly. We disembarked a medical patient but couldn’t stay due to high waves. The ship tied up briefly but pulled up a pier tie-off. I was pretty much done with Brazil by then after 4 ports there. 

DH and I have mild colds, mostly just tired. A little congestion. 
Ready now to connect by phone with my Spiritual Companioning ladies in Maryland. Hoping that will be uplifting. 

hugs for Terry, @smitty34877!  Just breathe!  In and out.  
@rafinmd Enjoy the train ride, Roy, rest ! 

Sorry for the mess Graham!  Focus on what’s good right now. 

Blessings Vanessa, Dena, all seeking healing, in need of comfort, direction or hope!  
m—

Maureen, I'm sorry you both have colds.  I  hope they are gone soon.

33 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thank  you both for recognizing the DNA link to diabetes.  When I was diagnosed many "friends" told me I had done this to myself.  The history goes way back in my family.  I can trace it to a great great grandmother on mom's father's side.  Her mother's sisters had it.  Cousin Joannie has it.  On dad's side I know his brother had it.  Lorraine, after my adrenalectomy I could no longer tolerate the metformin and the dosage I was taking.  At the suggestion of my endocrinologist, I cut the metformin in half and we tried to up the Ozempic, but I can't get it due to the shortage caused by those using it for weight loss.  How do they get it?  

19 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Debbie and Carolyn, I learned about the genetic connection with diabetes from a very good friend in Victoria, BC.  It runs in her family, and she decided not to have children for that reason.  She watches her weight and her diet very carefully, and as far as I know she is not diabetic.  As far as those want Ozempic for weight loss, there are doctors who will prescribe it without considering a drug shortage.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

I waited too long to call the surgeon's office as it is closed this afternoon.  So, I will have to call first thing Monday morning.  

@57redbird I'm glad you were able to get a surgery date.  I hope I get one soon.  I want this taken care of in time for my Hawaii cruise.  

@ger_77 I sure hope Wayne is ok.  What great friends you are!

@marshhawk Hope the oxygen helps.  At one point my doctor ordered oxygen for me at night, but it kept me up.  I wasn't sleeping at all.  As soon as I unplugged it and sent the oxygen concentrator back, I slept just fine.  I had my brother (respiratory therapist) look at my numbers and he said I'd be fine without it and was borderline before.  But, that was before I started CPAP therapy and the CPAP seems to have done the trick.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2