Friday December 1st, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good afternoon.   It is really rainy here but it is the 40s.   I worked our greens sale today and I think that our turnout may have been affected by the weather.   I worked wreaths and roping/garland and since it was so rainy all our inventory sat in a trailer so I am really glad I brought my disposable raincoat that has been hanging in there since GSA because I was in and out all morning.  Of course I had to buy something, three needle felted penguins that are Christmas ornaments.   

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.   Prayers for everyone needing them, prayers for Roy as we makes his way home on the auto train.   I am glad to read @superoma DF Dena is improving and hasn't been kicked out of the hospital that sometimes happens.   @grapau27 I am sorry you had the flooding,  it sounds like your public works department is a step above what we have here in the US.   @Heartgrove I hope that you and your DW can put the Covid behind you pronto.   Prayers for everyone in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, Israel and the innocents in Gaza.  Prayers for the hostages.   

@kochleffel great news on your successful presentation.   

I was happy to read that photos of Baby Murphy were posted yesterday,  I will have to go back and get caught up.   We were in Fortaleza on February 25th this year.   We did not get off the ship as it was a very large city and we had no shore excursions booked.   I will see if I can find any labeled photos of the port.    Have a great Friday!   Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.

Appropriate that it's National Christmas Lights Day. Much progress has been made in AIDS treatment, but more is needed. A salute to Romanian independence. Interesting quote. Pass on the meal (fish) and drink, but I'll take the wine. I have not been to Fortaleza. 3 Important days.

It's cloudy and rainy here today. I must say this may have been the worst day. I slept about 3 hours. BFF came and took me for my MRI. I told the guy I get extreme leg/back pain when laying on my back. He said I couldn't move, moan or breathe too deeply as it interferes with the study. I was in agony the whole time. I'm not one that does self affirmations, but I tried to breathe evenly and tell myself "you can do it, you are strong, hang in there" the whole time. Thank goodness that's over! Back here, BFF went downstairs and brought up a few outdoor decorations that I will put on the porch. My tree has been up in the foyer since last year; I'll just turn on the lights for it, no decorating. Now I'm waiting for the mitigation company guy to come by, and finally having my coffee.

@arzz @Cruzin Terri and Jim - Welcome home!

@grapau27 Graham, so sorry to hear of the water main leak and its effects on your property. Wow, a water board cleaning team sounds great. We don't get that kind of service here.

@smitty34877 Thanks. I'm waiting to see the outcome of the mitigation with bated breath. I'm hoping just cleanup will be required. My enthusiasm for the holiday is also lacking; I can certainly understand your feeling that way too, after your loss.

@rafinmd I hope all goes smoothly today on your journey towards home.

@ger_77 Prayers for your friend Wayne that his heart issues can be taken care of straight away. And great of you and DH to jump right in to help him.

@Heartgrove I'm sorry to hear that you and Sue are still feeling unwell. I guess continuing to rest is all you can do.

@superoma Good news about Dena; I hope her recovery continues.

@dfish I'm glad Sue is feeling better, but sorry to hear that DB and DSIL are under the weather.

@cruising sister It was wonderful to see pictures of Murphy. She's a fighter! Continued prayers for her. Good luck with the new medication. My doctor wanted me to try Metformin as part of weight management, but I know many don't tolerate it, so I said not now. Enjoy the Christmas program!

@arzz Good luck with the insurance battle over the damage to your home.

@marshhawk Good to hear that you're getting the oxygen today. What a sweet story about what you did for your neighbor; great Christmas spirit. 

@57redbird I'm glad you got a date. I'm hoping my imaging today helps, but I don't see Neurosurgery until Dec 19.

@kochleffel Congrats on the great feedback for your presentation! 

@RMLincoln I hope you both feel better soon. Get some rest!

@Nickelpenny Great photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

White rabbit, rabbit rabbit!    Good news are furnace is repaired!  Phew! 
prayers for @superoma dear friend and for @ger_77 Wayne!  
yay on the surgery date @57redbird

@grapau27 yikes on the mess! 
Sorry so many are not feeling well! Hope things improve quickly. 

@0106 I too am following the grand South America as my cousin’s  on board who we sailed with in Japan.  

Ok one more puppy photo, for those who wondered what a Kong was. 

IMG_0052.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 6

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I must say this may have been the worst day. I slept about 3 hours. BFF came and took me for my MRI. I told the guy I get extreme leg/back pain when laying on my back. He said I couldn't move, moan or breathe too deeply as it interferes with the study. I was in agony the whole time. I'm not one that does self affirmations, but I tried to breathe evenly and tell myself "you can do it, you are strong, hang in there" the whole time. Thank goodness that's over!

Prayers for relief from the continued pain. I hope the MRI pinpoints what is wrong, So your Drs can fix the issue quickly   Take care.  🙏🏻 

• Like 22

I knew it was coming as I was diabetic during pregnancy but I hoped it wouldn’t. Brenzavvy is similar to Jardiance .  I know Denise T was starting on Jardiance. I hope she is doing better. Debbie you many need to switch to the pill form if you can’t get Ozempic. My insurance would have covered Jardiance if my A1C was one point higher. I don’t want it to get any higher so I am trying Brenzavvy which I can get for a fraction of what Jardiance would cost. 

• Like 24

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham I hope the water pipe break didn't cause any flooding for your home, and that the inconvenience is soon passed.  What a mess with the cement slabs lifted!

8 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27 I hope the flooding wasn't too bad.  I hope the situation is rectified quickly.

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh no!  I'm sorry to hear of all the debris ending up in your garden.  I hope no permanent damage was done and once cleaned up you have no reminders of the mess it made.  Your garden is so beautiful it would be a shame to have it damaged.

7 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Graham

Sorry that you & Pauline have to deal with this. I am impressed at how responsive your Water Board is. 

Do anticipate any damage to your lawn, trees, bushes or flowers?

7 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It will be a nice day today with sunshine and temperatures up to 47.DD DH’s grandfather was from Romania so I will toast them with my coffee mug this morning. World AID’s day remains very important. Rosa Parks  was a very brave woman and her actions remain relevant all these years later. I think the recipe would be a good one. Everyone likes fish here and Friday is a good day to purchase fish locally.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I know those  fans are noisy but they certainly do their jobs well. I hope you can get the radiator replaced soon. I am sorry that you continue to have such debilitating pain and I wish a treatment plan for it could be done soon. 
@grapau27, Graham, the blue bubble was uncooperative ( after just working) but I was  sorry to hear of your water troubles. I hope the beautiful garden can be saved. 
I am not in the mood for Christmas and the decorations and feel like a Scrooge. Most of our neighbors have pretty trees in the windows and outside lights up. Tana and I will do what we have to but enthusiasm is lacking. I admire those of you doing cards and such. 

Take care everyone.

7 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Good Morning from a foggy day at the beach

Suppose to burn off and be in id 80`s. Crazy weather.

Our Christmas lights went on yesterday . I have never been to todays port.

@grapau27  Graham,  Not a good start to the month. Hope it is fixed quickly and damage is minimal. 

@rafinmd  Roy, Safe travels today. 

@cruising sister Murphy is beautiful. Prayers for her and her family that she continues to thrive.

We got the 3 trees at the library decorated yesterday. Looks really nice. It was our usual 9 people. One of my friends made these wonderful cookies, so we were all very happy.  

Today is a simple day for me. Water aerobics and Publix. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Graham I'm so sad to hear about your beautiful gardens!

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. It was a good morning to sleep in. Dreary overcast day with lots of rain on its way. Currently 66 degrees.

Our small group dinner was wonderful and was enjoyed very much. It will be the only holiday gathering this year. We laugh at that because when I was in the military I had to make appearance's at different units Christmas events. Sometimes more than three a night. Do not miss that.

Graham sorry to hear about the water break. Glad you got by with no internal damage.

Thanks for the reports. Bruce

limage.thumb.jpeg.a4a103dec2397ebdc32a4631e66bf38d.jpegimage.jpeg.834f9ffe1937c1658b91fca72c5946b0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1854c764a694fe76de6acb5c7175e70e.jpegimage.jpeg.fab3d8be094fb3dd91abb5d991570895.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.56edf103e535171fcb0858650aa65d17.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1e4882c8d16ce7646c49c774d8c36514.jpeg

6 hours ago, dfish said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Good morning, everyone!

I am glad to hear that everything went well for @Sharon in AZ Sharon yesterday and that @rafinmd Roy is up and feeling chipper.  Safe travels today, Roy.  Sue is feeling better due to her medication and will hopefully lick this bug she has.  We have to cancel Farkel tonight as DB and DSIL are both under the weather.  Graham, @grapau27, I'm sorry to hear of the water issues.  Hopefully the mess is cleaned up quickly.  Nothing much on the agenda today.  I'm heading to another hardware store chasing down the transformer we need for the under cabinet lights in the dining room.  

Today's meal sounds good to me!  Arctic char is similar to salmon, so you can easily substitute salmon if you can't get the arctic char.  The recipe is a Bon Apetit/Epicurious recipe.  I will post the link for those of you who can see it.  The kitchen is closed to me.  I could not find the complete recipe on another site.  Punchfork and Pinterest list the ingredients, but you have to figure out what to do with them.  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/ba-syn-arctic-char-with-greens-and-gribiche-dressing

arcticcharwithgreens1.jpg.529d644aa453b7b03b2e13529efbd401.jpg

Here is a recipe for the gribiche dressing.  https://cookswithoutborders.com/new-wave-sauce-gribiche

gribichedressing1.thumb.jpeg.1b31af7b4f1b20633fa88725895d3cc8.jpeg

Here is a recipe for some arctic char with greens.  It isn't the exact dish of the day, but it will help you keep body and soul together.  https://www.sugarlovespices.com/citrus-crusted-arctic-char-with-mixed-greens/

arcticcharwithgreens2.thumb.jpg.55687b09df4c8df7f982e706644169d5.jpg

You can use the greens of your choice.  Or make it a green salad to have along side.  Here's a recipe for arctic char with a blood orange salad.  Sounds pretty good to me!  https://biggreenegg.com/recipes/arctic-char-with-blood-orange-salad/

arcticcharwithgreens3.thumb.jpg.09564e6d0f4e562254ebadcfcc262df5.jpg

I hope this finds everyone well.   Wishing you all a wonderful day!

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

RABBIT  RABBIT  WHITE RABBIT!

Good morning from a mostly sunny Quartzsite.  The sun has just come up over the mountains, but there are a few pesky clouds to the west.  I hope they stay there for a while.  It is 44F feeling like 43F with a 92% humidity and a dew point of 42F.  The predicted high is 67F.  Today I hope to finish pulling the dead weeds and put up the Christmas lights.  For some reason all the Emojis disappeared.  They were there when I clicked on the smiley face, but then poof, they were going and it said no results.

I'll celebrate Christmas lights day, especially if I get mine up today.  I usually put them up the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Until there is a vaccine or cure for AIDS, World AIDS Day is needed.  The Romanians are surely celebrating their independence today.  Sadly, the Ukrainians are having to fight to keep their independence.

I like the James Joyce quote.

The arctic char sounds good as does the wine.  We'll skip the drink.

We have not been to Fortaleza, Brazil.  In fact, I had to search on Google Maps to see where it is.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, welcome home.  I hope you and Jim had a good cruise.

@arzz  Welcome home.  I hope getting the water damage fixed is not a big hassle especially with everyone that's involved.

@seagarsmoker  Sorry about the phone issues and needing a new phone.  There's never a convenient time for that to happen.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for adding the two important days in history.  Ford's assembly line revolutionized manufacturing.  Rosa Parks was a remarkable lady who helped start a movement for civil rights.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad the snow did not make the sidewalks and driveway slippery yesterday.

@grapau27  Graham, I hope your gardens were not damaged.  Here, we're lucky to get the water main fixed.  Any and all cleanup is up to us.

@1ANGELCAT  I'm glad Tee Tee came home on his own.

@ocean sounds  That is early to get the lights up, but when your on someone else's schedule, you do what you have to do.

@RedneckBob  RNB, your bunny, bunny, playboy bunny would probably bring good luck until Mrs. RNB found out about the Playboy Bunny.

@Heartgrove  Jack, I'm sorry your and Sue are still feeling the effects of Covid.  I'm glad DSIL is still well.

@superoma  Eva, I'm glad the antibiotics are beginning to help Dena.  I hope they find the cause of the problems and ways to keep it from happening again.

@cruising sister  Larraine, I hope the new medicine works.  Enjoy the Christmas program.

358692139_673761278124320_6783804635058064611_n.jpg.c56ede46528b6d10dc251383026ec0dc.jpg

362222963_1305771346937235_119153278695942032_n.jpg.806be9ac01845e6af1adb94c493389ee.jpg

366048369_315102354305127_8819631606854077622_n.thumb.jpg.21c384a8516f97e1fe3f2f08b0a96c52.jpg

395428081_717736027044786_9064773306716528639_n.thumb.jpg.1390f85a971b94e7841e6675b037e04b.jpg

401714677_738422731664424_7324456384918783556_n.jpg.303c340083bd682b0048d62aaecd31f5.jpg

404375810_7066292103427052_9156853570465309268_n.thumb.jpg.4de282bb8b8ea6ac09b3523985aa299f.jpg

Lenda

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Dog walked.  Yesterday the meds I was taking were making me extremely hungry.  Which since my "feed" has been off for weeks,  I appreciated having an appetite.  Until 4:30 this morning!  So yes I was up at 4:30.  Apparently if you starve yourself for a long time, and then eat a lot, your stomach will rebel. I think that is why when I went back to bed, I slept until 9.

@smitty34877I understand not wanting to do much at Christmas.  The year my dad passed, I just didnt have the heart to decorate.  Even though I have a brother, there is no family connection there, and I felt so alone.  And then I decided that I may not have family, but the little old lady across the street had a daughter who "wasnt there", so I decided to be a secret Santa for her.  Three weeks before Christmas, I placed a poinsetta by her door.  The week before Christmas I put a small living Christmas tree with tiny decorations by the door.  And on new Years I put a dandy dressed teddy bear by the door for her date for New Years Eve.

After the Little Old Lady passed away, her daughter moved into the house.  Turns out she suffered from bipolar disease, and just could not connect with her mom.  She told me that her mom had had the strangest Christmas (which was her last) with presents being put on her door.  She had no idea where they came from, but while they first scared her, she realized she had nothing to fear, and they made her very happy.  I never told her they were from me, but the giving made me happy.  It also inspired me to put up my decorate daily Christmas tree in the front window.  Decorate daily due to cats.

@cruising sisterI loved the pictures of Murphy , thank you for sharing them.  She looks very aware of being photographed, got that model pose going on.

@grapau27I am sorry to read about your water disaster today.  I am glad that you got it fixed.

@dobiemomGlad you are feeling better!

To all Dailyites I am sending hugs.

image.png.775a67f1c46539a4cbe46d0be6473971.png

image.png.e6b6b1ca3cdd88cc642b4632d63578e5.png

image.png.0f76f90adc22ac09e6ee7008df43468e.png

image.png.9b2def9fe2f3c894d4a8e910a0efff46.png

4 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Happy Friday!  It's raining here today, DGD is in Ida Michigan with her dance group, looks like rain is also in their forecast.  They have a couple dance shows and a parade tomorrow night.  

Christmas lights are good, we got out the outside lights yesterday and 1/2 of them didn't work.  There will be spotlights up this year, and 1 wreath that works.  Never hear of Char fish, but we do like salmon.  

@grapau27Sorry to hear about your water issues, I feel your pain.  We live in an older neighborhood, and the water mains have been having some problems.  We haven't had any messes, but it's hard when your water is off for a while.  You sure take it for granted, and miss it when it doesn't work.  

@cruising sisterIt was great to see Baby Murphy pictures yesterday, she is precious!  Tell her family "thanks" for sharing! 

@superomaPrayers your friend feels better soon. 

@rafinmdHoping your day goes well, and you get home safe and sound! 

@JazzyVHoping you are doing ok with your house and pain issues. 

Have a good day, Karen

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm happy to see that the forecast of frozen mix won't be happening.  Instead it's rain, rain, rain.  Too warm for frozen anything.

All good days.  I'll pass on the red wine and drink, and maybe on the meal but minus the dressing with the hard boiled eggs. We have not been to Brazil.

We really enjoyed DGS's band recital yesterday.  He plays in percussion, and their section was the best of the whole show (IMO) 😉  We got seats right near him, so had a good view and I could tell he was very pleased we were there.  Especially because DD couldn't go, she's home with a bug so watched on Zoom.

This morning we're getting the latest Covid booster, and then will be done. 

Yesterday I got an email from Shore Excursions Group telling me that the tour I booked last April in Akaroa, NZ has to be canceled due to tour provider issues!  Now it's back to the drawing board for that port, and of course the good ones with HAL are full and so is the private tour with the roll call.  GRR.  Not happy at the late notice!  We've used Shore Excursions Group several times in the past and had no problems.  If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it!  I'm wondering which would be better, just stay in Akaroa (sounds like a delightful town) or to go into Christchurch and take the HOHO....any ideas? The tour that was canceled goes to Banks Peninsula -- something I really wanted to see...

Lorraine @cruising sister thank you so much for posting the photos of sweet little Murphy.  She's darling and truly a miracle!  Also sorry to hear about the pre-Diabetes.  I know how you feel, because it's in my DNA too.  It runs through my family back generations.  No matter how thin, fat, or active, every person has gotten it eventually.  Hang in there!

Eva @superoma Good to hear that the antibiotics are working for your friend Dena.

Graham @grapau27 Very sorry about the water problems and I hope your garden wasn't too damaged.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Bless you both for helping Wayne ♥️. Prayers are winging his way 🙏 

Oh ugh.  I hope you and Sue are feeling much better SOON.  🤞 

Good news.  This sounds promising for Dena 🤞 I will keep her in my prayers in the hopes she can be soon released, healthy and well.  🙏 

I hope the new medicine can help your Diabetes numbers.  🙏 

Ugh on insurance battles.  They are no fun and yours sounds complicated.  Hoping things can get resolved for you quickly with the least amount of hassle possible 🤞 

Yay!  Glad you finally have a date.  Best wishes for your surgery.

How very kind and sweet of you to bring some joy into that lady’s life with no expectation of even a thank you ♥️ That is the true Christmas spirit.

+1

@smitty34877 Christmas is a very tough time when you have lost someone 😢. Just do what you and Tana want to do this year and what traditions may bring you a smile.  Don’t worry about anything else or anyone else.  ♥️ 

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Rabbits said first thing

Prayers lifted for those in need. 

We were in Fortaleza but briefly. We disembarked a medical patient but couldn’t stay due to high waves. The ship tied up briefly but pulled up a pier tie-off. I was pretty much done with Brazil by then after 4 ports there. 

DH and I have mild colds, mostly just tired. A little congestion. 
Ready now to connect by phone with my Spiritual Companioning ladies in Maryland. Hoping that will be uplifting. 

hugs for Terry, @smitty34877!  Just breathe!  In and out.  
@rafinmd Enjoy the train ride, Roy, rest ! 

Sorry for the mess Graham!  Focus on what’s good right now. 

Blessings Vanessa, Dena, all seeking healing, in need of comfort, direction or hope!  
m—

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  It is a beautiful sunny day, and since I finally caught up inside, I'm heading out to do battle with the tumble weeds and others.  The weather app says it's 59F and the outdoor thermometer says it's 63F in the shade.  However, it is warm in the sun since there is not a strong wind.

@ger_77  Gerry, I was sorry to read about Wayne's heart problem.  I hope the doctors can find the cause and can fix it so he can go on the cruise in February.

Annie, I'm glad at least one of the oxygen devices will be delivered today.

Graham, i also hope your lawn will recover. The sand shouldn't be a problem since that is what we used to fill in low places in the grass.  I'm not sure what effect the dolomite will have.  I hope they can get it all out of the grass.

Pat, that is good news you have a surgery date.  Best wishes for a successful outcome and a speedy recovery.

Carolyn, I'm glad you enjoyed the band concert.  Too bad about the canceled shore excursion, especially at this late a date.

Maureen, I'm sorry you both have colds.  I  hope they are gone soon.

Debbie and Carolyn, I learned about the genetic connection with diabetes from a very good friend in Victoria, BC.  It runs in her family, and she decided not to have children for that reason.  She watches her weight and her diet very carefully, and as far as I know she is not diabetic.  As far as those want Ozempic for weight loss, there are doctors who will prescribe it without considering a drug shortage.

Lenda

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Good afternoon.   It is really rainy here but it is the 40s.   I worked our greens sale today and I think that our turnout may have been affected by the weather.   I worked wreaths and roping/garland and since it was so rainy all our inventory sat in a trailer so I am really glad I brought my disposable raincoat that has been hanging in there since GSA because I was in and out all morning.  Of course I had to buy something, three needle felted penguins that are Christmas ornaments.   

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.   Prayers for everyone needing them, prayers for Roy as we makes his way home on the auto train.   I am glad to read @superoma DF Dena is improving and hasn't been kicked out of the hospital that sometimes happens.   @grapau27 I am sorry you had the flooding,  it sounds like your public works department is a step above what we have here in the US.   @Heartgrove I hope that you and your DW can put the Covid behind you pronto.   Prayers for everyone in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, Israel and the innocents in Gaza.  Prayers for the hostages.   

@kochleffel great news on your successful presentation.   

I was happy to read that photos of Baby Murphy were posted yesterday,  I will have to go back and get caught up.   We were in Fortaleza on February 25th this year.   We did not get off the ship as it was a very large city and we had no shore excursions booked.   I will see if I can find any labeled photos of the port.    Have a great Friday!   Nancy 

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.

Appropriate that it's National Christmas Lights Day. Much progress has been made in AIDS treatment, but more is needed. A salute to Romanian independence. Interesting quote. Pass on the meal (fish) and drink, but I'll take the wine. I have not been to Fortaleza. 3 Important days.

It's cloudy and rainy here today. I must say this may have been the worst day. I slept about 3 hours. BFF came and took me for my MRI. I told the guy I get extreme leg/back pain when laying on my back. He said I couldn't move, moan or breathe too deeply as it interferes with the study. I was in agony the whole time. I'm not one that does self affirmations, but I tried to breathe evenly and tell myself "you can do it, you are strong, hang in there" the whole time. Thank goodness that's over! Back here, BFF went downstairs and brought up a few outdoor decorations that I will put on the porch. My tree has been up in the foyer since last year; I'll just turn on the lights for it, no decorating. Now I'm waiting for the mitigation company guy to come by, and finally having my coffee.

@arzz @Cruzin Terri and Jim - Welcome home!

@grapau27 Graham, so sorry to hear of the water main leak and its effects on your property. Wow, a water board cleaning team sounds great. We don't get that kind of service here.

@smitty34877 Thanks. I'm waiting to see the outcome of the mitigation with bated breath. I'm hoping just cleanup will be required. My enthusiasm for the holiday is also lacking; I can certainly understand your feeling that way too, after your loss.

@rafinmd I hope all goes smoothly today on your journey towards home.

@ger_77 Prayers for your friend Wayne that his heart issues can be taken care of straight away. And great of you and DH to jump right in to help him.

@Heartgrove I'm sorry to hear that you and Sue are still feeling unwell. I guess continuing to rest is all you can do.

@superoma Good news about Dena; I hope her recovery continues.

@dfish I'm glad Sue is feeling better, but sorry to hear that DB and DSIL are under the weather.

@cruising sister It was wonderful to see pictures of Murphy. She's a fighter! Continued prayers for her. Good luck with the new medication. My doctor wanted me to try Metformin as part of weight management, but I know many don't tolerate it, so I said not now. Enjoy the Christmas program!

@arzz Good luck with the insurance battle over the damage to your home.

@marshhawk Good to hear that you're getting the oxygen today. What a sweet story about what you did for your neighbor; great Christmas spirit. 

@57redbird I'm glad you got a date. I'm hoping my imaging today helps, but I don't see Neurosurgery until Dec 19.

@kochleffel Congrats on the great feedback for your presentation! 

@RMLincoln I hope you both feel better soon. Get some rest!

@Nickelpenny Great photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

58 minutes ago, bennybear said:

White rabbit, rabbit rabbit!    Good news are furnace is repaired!  Phew! 
prayers for @superoma dear friend and for @ger_77 Wayne!  
yay on the surgery date @57redbird

@grapau27 yikes on the mess! 
Sorry so many are not feeling well! Hope things improve quickly. 

@0106 I too am following the grand South America as my cousin’s  on board who we sailed with in Japan.  

Ok one more puppy photo, for those who wondered what a Kong was. 

IMG_0052.jpeg

Thank you friends for your kind words and concerns.

Our garden seems fine except where all the gravel was washed onto a section of the front garden but hopefully it will recover.

Our water company contacted their insurance company when they saw the flood around our house and they arranged the cleaning team to come out immediately.

Our cold water is back on but the path down our short cul de sac is closed for the night and the hole where the pipe burst and the moved slabs will be repaired tomorrow.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good news are furnace is repaired!  Phew! 

What a relief!  So glad all is good again 👍 

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

IMG_0052.jpeg

She is so gorgeous ♥️ 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

I am so happy to announce that DGS Ren has decided to verbally commit to further his academic and athletic career at the University of Notre Dame after graduation in 2025.  I am so proud of this decision because he weighed all his options and I think made the correct decision for his own needs.  DS says the soccer coaching staff are a good fit for Ren.  Notre Dame is currently listed as #2 in the nation and play in the quarterfinals this Saturday. 

GO IRISH!  

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Both oxygen tanks were delivered, one to wear and one to use at night.  I am also, before I start using them, getting an oxygen monitor to check how I am doing during the day.

There was something on the googly news that caught my attention, so I went to the FB to see the ad, and yes it made me cry, and then there was something about a guy rescuing a bundle of kittens where the umbilical cord had wrapped them all up together (poor mom cat) and then I saw something about a father and daughter singing team.  She had wanted to keep singing during the pandemic and keep in touch with her choir.  Her dad set her up on a web page, and she asked him to join her.  Well, if you can -

CHECK OUT Matt and Savannah Shaw.  OMG!  Where have I been for the last 3 years.  Even DH who is working today asked me who we were, he thought they were great.

@dfish Your drugs are being used by skinny people who have botoxed themselves into believing they are fat.  They have money and they don't use insurance.....my most recent add on drug for my diabetes is Januvia at 467.00 a month out of my pocket. I am supposed to take the metformin both morning and night, and I dont...I would never leave the bathroom if I did.  So maybe if I did I wouldn't have to buy more expensive drugs.  Being adopted I have no idea of what my birth parents had or didn't have.  I know I am a sugar addict, but that seems to be getting replaced with an urge for salty.  I don't even like the taste of sugar in my coffee.

The french toast discussion inspired me, I made it for brunch.  No cinnamon, so I used the last of the vanilla and nutmeg on whole wheat toast...not bad, but missed the cinnamon. I have recently been making my coffee with cinnamon, and used it all up.  Tasty coffee, and I read somewhere that cinnamon was good for diabetics.  or is that wishful thinking on my part? 

@StLouisCruisersI think Ren made a good decision!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am so happy to announce that DGS Ren has decided to verbally commit to further his academic and athletic career at the University of Notre Dame after graduation in 2025.  I am so proud of this decision because he weighed all his options and I think made the correct decision for his own needs.  DS says the soccer coaching staff are a good fit for Ren.  Notre Dame is currently listed as #2 in the nation and play in the quarterfinals this Saturday. 

GO IRISH!  

Many congratulations Ren.

I'm really pleased for you Sandi.

congratulations-congrats.gif

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Drove past our local Clark Griswald’s house last night!

Guess CC does not want to post pictures right now!😩

Chief, Hope you can show us the picture another time.  We all love seeing the Griswald's house when it is all lit up.  Every neighborhood has one of those guys.

• Like 16

Vanessa @JazzyV I'm so sorry this may have been the worst day yet (and I know that's saying a lot!)  Prayers that the MRI will finally give some answers so you can finally get some relief.

Brenda @bennybear Cute puppy!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers A big shout out and congratulations to DGS Ren!!  I know you're proud, and rightfully so!

@57redbird Doctors seem to always prescribe Metformin first.  But it's usually a very good drug to lower blood sugar -- strange that it made yours go higher.  That said, I never recommend it anymore since I found out it was harming my kidneys.  

Does it ever seem that when one thing goes wrong several follow?  First the excursion cancelation -- and I didn't say before, but the email from Shore Excursion Group said that I hadn't been charged.  Uh no, I paid for the excursion 8 months ago.  Thankfully I got a swift apology to my rebuttal email, and the refund is already showing up on our Visa online.  Yeah!

Then I received the wrong item in the mail. I had ordered something for the cruise and the wrong item came. Now I'm hoping the right thing arrives before our luggage is picked up in 2 weeks.   My gosh, sometimes it seems that nobody can do their job anymore. 😉  😅

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Both oxygen tanks were delivered, one to wear and one to use at night.  I am also, before I start using them, getting an oxygen monitor to check how I am doing during the day.

There was something on the googly news that caught my attention, so I went to the FB to see the ad, and yes it made me cry, and then there was something about a guy rescuing a bundle of kittens where the umbilical cord had wrapped them all up together (poor mom cat) and then I saw something about a father and daughter singing team.  She had wanted to keep singing during the pandemic and keep in touch with her choir.  Her dad set her up on a web page, and she asked him to join her.  Well, if you can -

CHECK OUT Matt and Savannah Shaw.  OMG!  Where have I been for the last 3 years.  Even DH who is working today asked me who we were, he thought they were great.

@dfish Your drugs are being used by skinny people who have botoxed themselves into believing they are fat.  They have money and they don't use insurance.....my most recent add on drug for my diabetes is Januvia at 467.00 a month out of my pocket. I am supposed to take the metformin both morning and night, and I dont...I would never leave the bathroom if I did.  So maybe if I did I wouldn't have to buy more expensive drugs.  Being adopted I have no idea of what my birth parents had or didn't have.  I know I am a sugar addict, but that seems to be getting replaced with an urge for salty.  I don't even like the taste of sugar in my coffee.

The french toast discussion inspired me, I made it for brunch.  No cinnamon, so I used the last of the vanilla and nutmeg on whole wheat toast...not bad, but missed the cinnamon. I have recently been making my coffee with cinnamon, and used it all up.  Tasty coffee, and I read somewhere that cinnamon was good for diabetics.  or is that wishful thinking on my part? 

@StLouisCruisersI think Ren made a good decision!

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Many congratulations Ren.

I'm really pleased for you Sandi.

congratulations-congrats.gif

2 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Vanessa @JazzyV I'm so sorry this may have been the worst day yet (and I know that's saying a lot!)  Prayers that the MRI will finally give some answers so you can finally get some relief.

Brenda @bennybear Cute puppy!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers A big shout out and congratulations to DGS Ren!!  I know you're proud, and rightfully so!

@57redbird Doctors seem to always prescribe Metformin first.  But it's usually a very good drug to lower blood sugar -- strange that it made yours go higher.  That said, I never recommend it anymore since I found out it was harming my kidneys.  

Does it ever seem that when one thing goes wrong several follow?  First the excursion cancelation -- and I didn't say before, but the email from Shore Excursion Group said that I hadn't been charged.  Uh no, I paid for the excursion 8 months ago.  Thankfully I got a swift apology to my rebuttal email, and the refund is already showing up on our Visa online.  Yeah!

Then I received the wrong item in the mail. I had ordered something for the cruise and the wrong item came. Now I'm hoping the right thing arrives before our luggage is picked up in 2 weeks.   My gosh, sometimes it seems that nobody can do their job anymore. 😉  😅

Thank you Annie, Graham and Carolyn.  I thought he'd never get that announcement out!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I knew it was coming as I was diabetic during pregnancy but I hoped it wouldn’t. Brenzavvy is similar to Jardiance .  I know Denise T was starting on Jardiance. I hope she is doing better. Debbie you many need to switch to the pill form if you can’t get Ozempic. My insurance would have covered Jardiance if my A1C was one point higher. I don’t want it to get any higher so I am trying Brenzavvy which I can get for a fraction of what Jardiance would cost. 

Insurance is crazy!   I did try the pill form of Ozempic and it is awful.  There is a horrible after taste and you have to wait 30 minutes before you can drink your coffee.  That was the worst part.  We can try something else until the Hollywood set decides they need that for their beauty regimen.

I am keeping my low dose of metformin because it is one of the few drugs that help reduce insulin resistance and I am highly insulin resistant.  The combination of that and the Ozempic have been great at controlling my blood sugars.   

@bennybear That dog is beautiful.  

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations to Ren and his proud grandma!

@JazzyV I sure hope the MRI pinpoints the problem and you can get some relief.  

@marshhawk Leave the carbs alone!   The only carbs that are good for us are the ones filled with fiber.  That means vegetables - not bread, rice, potatoes, etc.  

@Cruising-along What a bummer on your excursion.  I think I am going to go ahead and book the car for Kahului and drive to Haleakala.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

GO IRISH!  

Woo Hoo, Ren! And his entire support team who enabled him to achieve his dream! You should all be proud of yourselves!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, Congratulations to Ren! It is so exciting to watch the younger ones take their first real steps into the world. I could feel your excitement from here!

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations to Ren and his proud grandma!

6 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Woo Hoo, Ren! And his entire support team who enabled him to achieve his dream! You should all be proud of yourselves!

Thank you ladies!  He has a bright future.

Here is his photo from his announcement.  Such a cutie!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 23