Anyone familiar with “The Book”?

jerick

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

RC doesn't typically have feature shows that aren't family friends.

I'm on harmony and night 4 I thought it was inappropriate sexual jokes for the 730 pm show. I happened to have breakfast with a younger teen and she said even all the pushing to put your arm around whomever was next to you made her squirm. She was there with her grandma. 

His jokes were all sexual. It will be in my feedback. His singing was very good. He was part of the Letterman's group he said .. but stop with the sex jokes. I too was not happy. I've heard it all, not shocked just wrong at that time in the theater. Kids dont need that. 

• Like 3

We saw The Book on Odyssey last month.  There was nothing in it that I saw that I would consider inappropriate for children, but I could see some kids being quite bored.  My 9 year old granddaughter would love it, my 8 year old grandson, probably not.

Sherri🙂

15 minutes ago, jerick said:

Firefly333 - that was the show called “The Book”?

No, "The Book" is on the Odyssey only. Firefly appears to be referencing a headliner on the Harmony, apparently in response to the assertion that RCI doesn't typically have shows that aren't family friendly (or at least identifies them if they aren't).

I agree with what others have said: certainly not inappropriate, although whether or not they would enjoy it is another matter. Some kids would, I'm sure, but many would probably be bored. 

16 minutes ago, jerick said:

Firefly333 - that was the show called “The Book”?

We have seen The Book and do not recall any inappropriate or sexual jokes. We enjoyed the show but we're old; some kids may enjoy it and some may not.

The Book is beautiful in a visual kind of way.  There is no continuous story line.  I think there’s enough going on that school age could sit through it.  It’s about 45 minutes long.  There is nothing inappropriate for kids in it but it’s more appreciated by adults. Think of it as a book with different stories in it.  We really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

While it’s ok for kids of all ages to watch, on Odyssey last month a woman brought in 3 very small children, one about a year old and the other two no older than 5, and they were a bit loud to those nearby because they were children being normal. It’s not a show geared towards children, although certainly kid friendly. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bethco said:

Nothing in it is inappropriate for children, but neither will it likely hold much interest to them.  Approach it as an interestingly staged production in an unusual venue.  Don't go looking for a story.

I only go see it for the dancing, acrobatics and drumming. I have no idea what it’s about

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I enjoyed The Book as far as how they were able to show off the technology involved. As for the story? What story? I couldn't even hazard a guess as to what the story is supposed to be about. 🤷‍♂️

More interesting than fun.

• Like 1

I've seen it 7 times and will see it again in January. It is visually very appealing - and I love the violin and drumming. Whether kids will like it - depends on their ages and interests. The story is just chapters from several different books. I find the first 10 minutes to be boring but then everything picks up and I find it fun to watch

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

I find the first 10 minutes to be boring but then everything picks up and I find it fun to watch

Totally agree. That's the advice I give to people who haven't seen it: don't go into it looking for a plot, and don't give up and leave in the first few minutes! 😉 

I respect that it isn't everybody's cup o' tea, but DH and I quite like it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm on harmony and night 4 I thought it was inappropriate sexual jokes for the 730 pm show. I happened to have breakfast with a younger teen and she said even all the pushing to put your arm around whomever was next to you made her squirm. She was there with her grandma. 

His jokes were all sexual. It will be in my feedback. His singing was very good. He was part of the Letterman's group he said .. but stop with the sex jokes. I too was not happy. I've heard it all, not shocked just wrong at that time in the theater. Kids dont need that. 

I agree with what you addressed in your comment, but what does this have to do with The Book?