richwmn

Today is National Gazpacho Day, National Miners Day, and Mitten Tree Day

Today is your own. Tomorrow perchance may never come. - Swami Sivananda

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken Tortilla Soup
Drink of the Day - Green Haze
Wine of the Day - La Maialina Gertrude
Destination of the Day - Bay of Islands, Russell, New Zealand

Today in History:
1877 Thomas Edison enters the offices of Scientific American and turns the crank on his cylinder phonograph, astonishing those present with the recording, "Good morning. How do you do? How do you like the phonograph?"
1921 Anglo-Irish Treaty signed

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya 09:00 - 18:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Manzanillo, Mexico eta 12-08

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12-10

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 12-08

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 12-07

Volendam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 12-09

Zaandam

Itacoatiara, Brazil 09:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

Takoradi, Ghana 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Hobart, Tasmania Australia eta 12-08

Westerdam

Semarang, Indonesia

1206World.thumb.png.9cb73e3150ff9ceb3246e1b7d57b515b.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 22

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Cruzin Terri with fatigue 

Rafinmd recovering from hospitalization

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Superoma’s good friend Dena hospitalized with a foot pain, ?vasculitis

Mamaofami’s upcoming extensive dental work

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday Cat in my Lap!

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, on CPAP & photo shared!

Cunnorl’s new niece Maeve Grace, Welcome to the World!

NextOne released by heart surgeon and on less meds

SusieKIslandGirl’s sewing group’s huge quilt donation to UW Hospital

Ger_77’s friend Wayne discharged, doing better

Cruising sister’s hand healing and DB’s foot healing well

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

4 days for Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

4 days for POA1 (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) Eastern Caribbean

4 days for Lindaler (Volendam Dec 10 to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage- 

Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America), GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez, RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B PC Sunfarer + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 23
  • Thanks 22

Good morning friends!  It's a cold morning with a temp of 40F.  Today we will top out around 52 and enjoy sunshine all day long.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  I see the holidays for today involve gazpacho, miners and mitten trees.  Since I don't like gazpacho I will celebrate mitten trees and miners!  That is the school mascot for my DH's engineering university anyway.  We all need mittens or gloves to keep warm.  The quote is good and I think the chicken tortilla soup would be tasty.  I don't think I'd care for a Green Haze (!) or whatever the new wine is.  Hurray for Thomas Edison and the Anglo-English Treaty!  Thanks to Debbie @dfish,  Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on food, cocktail and wine.

Prayers for our CC Daily member in need of them as well as for my DB and friends.  Many prayers for Israel, the hostages kept, and Ukraine.  Hoping for better news for everyone ASAP.  🙏

Cheers for all celebrating happy events like birthdays, anniversaries, cruises, bowl invitations, and soccer wins.  Happy Birthday @Cat in my lap!  I heard FC Dallas beat #1 team Orlando City 4 to 0.  Ren played 70 of the 90 minutes and had two assists.  Too bad he's not playing the forward position which is his favorite.  I hear also the weather is nice in Phoenix this week and DS rented a Mustang Convertible just for fun.  Sure beats Michigan weather today where it is snowing and a high of only 38!  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for her solid list keeping skills! We appreciate you and even more so while you're in poor health.  Hoping for better news for you soon.

The port today is a little different.  It is Russell in the Bay of Islands, New Zealand.  We haven't seen this one before though we did have Waitangi, Bay of Island, NZ back on Feb. 9, 2022.  I looked up this area and found there are several towns in the area that a cruise ship could visit.  In 2017 our Sun Princess cruise was not able to get into port due to weather so we sailed away.  By going back into my file for that cruise I found that our port that day would have been Paihia, not Russell or Waitangi.  Here is a link to Feb. 9, 2022 in case your Russell photos are there.

And here is a map showing the area with the three towns indicated though a little hard to distinguish.  They're right in the middle.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

We arrived on Dec. 6 and anchored, but after moving some crew over to shore, they determined the swells were too much for tendering that day.  The water didn't look bad but those swells are often difficult to pinpoint.  It took a while to sail away from the area.  They had to get that crew back onboard safely and wait for the pilot a while.  It looked very nice though and I wish I'd gotten ashore.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8ZDQyY0t89o1Kh5zIbDgj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513626861

Wish we could have gotten in to visit.  Hope everyone has a great day!  Stay safe and well please!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

A cold day today. Working from home today. Might do my online Christmas shopping as well. Should be somewhat of a quiet day today. I will put on some Christmas music as I work. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.d3bfac82b2533b3cd7e17f9158595b08.png

• Like 31
  • Haha 5

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day.  Thanks for the Report.

A light dusting of snow overnight.  It looks pretty, and there's not enough to shovel.  Win Win!

I'll pass on gazpacho but would like a bowl of HOT soup, thank you to miners, my mom knits mittens and donates them to a local school.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  Not sure about the drink or wine.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day!  Stay safe.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Flurries are in the air this morning.  DH encountered heavier snow going to work.  Yesterday was a very busy work day and today will be the same.  While in the office yesterday I printed our boarding passes.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds very good to me.  I hope everyone has a good day.

2019 San Juan with DH.

B15E8E6D-28DE-4157-AF37-1D3412017218.thumb.jpeg.426fded9a162e07e9e015660ecf19ded.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today's daily reports.

We have been to the hospital and brought her friend home after her operation.

3 interesting days.

Several of Pauline's late family were coal miners.

Excellent quote.

Tomorrow may never come so make the most of today and be nice and not spiteful to anyone in word or text.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a wonderful day.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Green Haze cocktail:

Ingredients
1/2 part Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
1/2 part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
1/2 part Cruzan® Coconut Rum
1/2 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
4 parts Pineapple Juice
Splash Sweet and Sour Mix

Instructions
Build over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a shot glass.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 7.19.21 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 17

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich

& thanks to Ann, Dixie, Debbie & Vanessa

Good collection of days.  Love, love gazpacho but it’s not a winter time soup.  Mitten trees are wonderful helping so many who need them.  Today’s meal sounds good with the cold weather.  I have made it in the past for DH.  Looking forward to Debbie’s recipes.   That quote is ever so true.

IMG_1282.thumb.jpeg.c4700e3466d7b5568ccb49c5435d2ea2.jpeg

Ivan’s injection is over with for another month.  He really doesn’t like to get on the scale but he’s getting better with some coaxing and insistence.  it’s tricky but seems to work best if i am the one doing the dirty deed.  Weight is a must for his dosage ‘sigh’.

IMG_1280.jpeg.489ca46f55314c3104934ef31fa11419.jpeg

Most of the Christmas cards are done and I think I have the last present done 👍

Physio today (ugh) so I’ll mail the completed ones on the way this morning.  Road should be decent, I hope…

IMG_1283.jpeg.df0c87b1f3a6e3a0529ff88dbb4ac437.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂 

IMG_1279.thumb.jpeg.c7f90fe701d1f8788c553b7b6912be14.jpeg

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

• Like 36
  • Haha 4

Good morning. Love gazpacho and enjoyed visiting today’s port of call. We will have a return visit in Feb.

The old back is better this morning but I’m being very gentle with it. 
It’s 43 degrees F outside so our cool weather is back. 

It’s coffee time. Thanks for the Reports and post. Enjoy the rest of the week. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.7b3f9264fe6f44630cd678d0bcbdb888.jpegimage.jpeg.02d62c0b9fd4ea6994af67f71ad97f90.jpegimage.jpeg.4fe8089131d5314e53e1a23913eff1e0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.daf10307c78a45581b780ef735d2d249.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ff97cd500a586f21f20697859ec27f64.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 21

Good early morning for me,

I was able to get the vacation override for my meds yesterday from Walmart. I am still working on my new prescription to be resent to the Mark Cuban pharmacy for the additional amount. I will message my doc again today. I have a podiatrist appointment today to inject my neuroma and the dentist tomorrow. That should complete pre vacay appointments. I am on a mission this week to organize and get ready as much as possible. 

Todays quote is so true, I am interested in the soup recipes Debbie comes up with. Happy Birthday @Cat in my lap.  Prayers for those in need and have a great day. 

• Like 30

Morning Dailyites! Just a super quick post. My tree crew arrived two hours early, and I want to be with them as they work on my five favorite trees!

Hoping you all have a wonderful day!

La Maialina Gertrude

This red wine from Tuscany has nearly 4,000 consumer fans who think it is very good - excellent. They use terms such as “bold, complex, long legs and lasting finish” in their reviews. Widely available with a price that makes it easy to try. Online prices start at $10.99.

Vintner’s notes

La Maialina celebrates the history, culture and cuisine of Tuscany, prized since antiquity for its rich soil and favorable climate. The name La Maialina (little pig) references the Cinta Senese heirloom breed that originated in the Siena area during the 1300's and is the only Tuscan native pig to survive extinction. Gertrude is unique because she does not have the cinta (belt) marking but rather is all pink. Her name is symbolic of artistic character and strength, and within the wines of La Maialina she represents diversity and expression. Gertrude is a simple yet powerful Tuscan wine, ready to be enjoyed now or in the next few years." 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Good morning Daily-ites 

Just happy to be on our Beautiful Rotterdam this morning. We have no plans except Pinnacle Grill for dinner. Hoping to catch up with some ladies I met yesterday for a game of 10's. 

Prayers going out to our Daily-ites and family.  Is our care list growing smaller??!!

• Like 30

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've never been a fan of gazpacho, definitely salute all miners (being claustrophobic, I can't imagine going down into any mine!), and definitely support mitten trees.  

We had a great time last night - picked up our friends and drove to a place where we could easily see the Canadian Pacific holiday train.  We could have parked and walked about 3 blocks to where the train was going to stop, but our friend has post-polio syndrome, so we stayed in the car.  We drank hot chocolate and ate fruit cake, talked and laughed for about an hour until the train came across the bridge.  The guys stayed inside the car, but my friend and I just couldn't, so we got out and enjoyed the beautiful sight as the train went by playing carols loudly as it passed.  After we got home, we learned that the son of dear departed friends of ours was the engineer on it - we know his parents would have been so proud of him.  Here's a photo - not mine, as I left my phone in the car, but it's what the train looked like, all decked out for the season.

BeautifulTrain.thumb.jpg.5a8551280451bdd9a24f9e2ed48c941d.jpg

@Cat in my lapwishing you a Happy Birthday with many healthy and happy returns of the day!

@kazu I'm glad you didn't have too much trouble with Ivan at the vet - hopefully he'll get accustomed to the monthly visits.

@marshhawk how is Chuck today?  I only read yesterday's posts this morning and was surprised to see he had to have a cardio procedure.  Sure hope he's better.

Not a lot on the agenda today, DH has coffee with his band mates this afternoon, so I might take that time to head out and find a Christmas gift for him.  We don't exchange extravagant gifts any longer, but always have a small, meaningful gift for one another.  

I think I'll pass on the drink of the day, would definitely like to try the wine, and look forward to @dfish's recipe for the soup.  Speaking of which, I'll be thawing out a container of hamburger soup for us to enjoy along with crusty buns at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4