Thursday December 7th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Cotton Candy Day, National Illinois Day, and National Joy Day

What after all, is a halo? It's only one more thing to keep clean. - Christopher Fry

Meal Suggestion for today - Creamy Parmesan (No Wine) Risotto
Drink of the Day - Rye In Paradise
Wine of the Day - 2020 Buena Vista Pinot Noir
Destination of the Day - Kristiansand, Norway

Today in History:
1941 Imperial Japanese Navy with 353 planes attack the US fleet at Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Hawaii, killing 2,403 people

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Nassau, Bahamas, New Providence Island eta 12-08

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Manzanillo, Mexico eta 12-8

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12-10

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 12-08

Rotterdam

Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 23:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 12-09

Zaandam

Santarem, Brazil Amazon 08:00 - 13:00

Zuiderdam

Abidjan, Ivory Coast 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Hobart, Tasmania Australia 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Semarang, Indonesia

1207World.thumb.png.a4e4f21b446ad48e402cb3b6e4d3a06b.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 22

Today’s Care List:

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Sharon in AZ’s 2nd cataract surgery today

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Cruzin Terri with fatigue; DH Jim seeing Neurologist today

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck not feeling well

Ottahand7’s DF John with shingles

Critically ill passenger on Rotterdam

Shootings in Las Vegas and Texas

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Rafinmd recovering from hospitalization

Tana’s pulmonary issues

RMLincoln’s niece with high risk pregnancy and breech baby

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

First night of Hanukkah 

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, on CPAP & photo shared!

Cunnorl’s new niece Maeve Grace, Welcome to the World!

NextOne released by heart surgeon and on less meds

Ger_77’s friend Wayne discharged, doing better

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

3 days for Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) E. Caribbean

3 days for POA1 (Nieuw Statendam Dec 10 to Dec 17) Eastern Caribbean

3 days for Lindaler (Volendam Dec 10 to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage- 

Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America), GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez, RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B PC Sunfarer + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 24
  • Thanks 18

Good Thursday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Expecting some snow today. I have a few clients to see virtually from my home office. Wish me luck as I put together a new desk for the home office. 

Will be thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.f0059bb6fa4a235317e8eebd7eb42732.png

• Like 27
  • Haha 8

Good morning friends!  Cold today!  Only 30F but it will be a sunny day again and a high of 58.  Happy birthday wishes today to my dear son-in-law who was born on the 30th anniversary of Pearl Harbor.  Nice sunny day for him too in Ohio.

As I said it is Pearl Harbor Day which Rich @richwmn mentioned in the Today in History section. Happy Hanukkah!  Cotton candy and Illinois day aren't really at the top of my concerns today but Joy sounds like something we could all use.  Strange quote.  I'm sure the risotto, cocktail and red wine are all nice but I am not feeling them today.  But I will be interested in reading the reports on them by our friends Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard!

Prayers said for all in Israel and Ukraine and the hostages still being kept from families.  Hope they are home soon.  Also prayers for my DB and friends Scott, Susan, Bob and Sandy.  And last but not least our Daily family here who are in need of prayers whether for ill health or family problems.  Praying for better days for you all especially Vanessa @JazzyV.  Congrats to all on the Celebration list who are cruising or have happy, exciting events in their lives.  Thank you Vanessa for your great work keeping the lists updated for us.

The port of the day is Kristiansand, Norway.  This was our port before on July 24, 2021 and July 10, 2022.  I was there once before in 2016 on Prinsendam and it was a memorable day for me.  DH doesn't remember it but when I show him photos he always comes around.  Here's the link for your use in retrieving your photos from back in 2021 or 2022.

I hope everyone has a great day!  Stay safe and well.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

In 2016 on our Prinsendam "Greatest Norway Cruise Ever" we stopped in Kristiansand.  Weather can make or break a port stop and this day was a wet one.  At first it was sprinkles so we donned our rain coats and headed out to see another beautiful Norwegian town.  We had determined this day would be a walk around day and didn't schedule a tour.  If you are planning to go there you might look into what is available to tour.  

It was sort of desolate at first.  I don't know where everybody was that day.  We walked towards a beach area on our little map.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI22bGqj_BMxx4G2R2ZLwO7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtsES5gnxB-dE5NF33gV_7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNrqg2JWNnrYA6vUCDTOmV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeFJUTzskqzZWSrCI-ZJ-e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

At the beach area is where the Christiansholm Fortress, circa 1672, is located.  There's a small park nearby.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL9koqcPl-61w87oEbd_H0W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSACP75KXhce0C1UsPU0wz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKC5rItRKxPV4gxzytK0APQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsBB167sIEYiI22LvsHzD-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIebJEvz010DfE2xfL_Lhfe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We decided to head to the downtown area to see if anything was happening there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTczzoAiwkTM1lbCvLHX2b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We found an area called Prosebyen which is what's left of Kristiansand's old town.  One feature of the neighborhood is small white, single-story wooden houses filling nearly every block.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1jz9GK45SsagTfiNufymL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL44CL7h9DDakvagT-SaYTu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLe2GXsFS9Irhz64S57PvTM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Whoa!  There was a rebel living on this street!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKq3x-i3oJbtUTa9-oHIwS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Here we are getting downtown.   .00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJsXTWKX4A5soMNkrFHy5jd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This is a pedestrian shopping area called Markens Gate00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLziDHR57wQsqw9WELfhmyp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Unfortunately it was raining harder now.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQP4w5yvxrJKz3CvU6Nwxr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn2FYUFzncNSpJUWkfuFTy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNHjvg7dUtMR4K-PlJ6WfD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This was the Kristiansand Cathedral, third largest in Norway.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKthBnONrLHolHj3X7jenLw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We had to head back to the ship because of the rain, and change clothes for lunch as our legs were drenched.  In the future I would learn to wear waterproof pants over my jeans to keep me dry.  We went to lunch in the dining room and watched the rain come down sideways outside.  It had turned into a completely miserable day outside.  But lunch was great!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_zwJm6ZfhG_JAPbqhueKm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I hope our next stop there is bright and sunny so we can have a completely different experience.  

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

An interesting collection of days.  I haven't had cotton candy in years, it makes my teeth ache just thinking about it.  Cheers for Illinois.  A great day for everyone named Joy.

Not sure about the quote.

The meal, drink and wine all sound good to me.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

We have to take the car in for an oil change and stop at the post office for mail.  Not sure what else is on the agenda.

Have a great day everyone.  Stay safe.

• Like 31

Rye in Paradise cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Alberta® Rye Dark Batch™ Whisky
1/2 part Cruzan® Coconut Rum
2 parts Pineapple Juice
Float of Coffee Syrup
Garnish with fresh ground Nutmeg

Instructions
Build first three ingredients over ice, float in coffee syrup and stir. Garnish with fresh ground nutmeg and optional pineapple wedge and serve.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.12.16 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 17

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It’s a cold start to the day with warmer temperatures coming over the weekend.  Today is a half work day, I’m taking Jasper to the vet for a weight check.  Hopefully we can reduce his meds. Today’s meal suggestion sounds good as a side dish, although hopefully the no wine means in the dish and not as a drink to go along with it.  Let’s never forget Pearl Harbor.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

2019 San Juan 

964C3928-2889-4267-BED5-8D3DFAFF0B4F.thumb.jpeg.26eeb577ace4dd52990c310f150a93f7.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

I have been to Pearl Harbor four times, once in uniform. I always consider it my duty to pay my respects there and the "Punchbowl" on every visit.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.

It is raining and 44°F.

Thank you for today's lists and today's cruise reports.

We call cotton candy Candy Floss and you can get it at most English seaside resorts.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It’s our coldest day this fall. Currently, 37 degrees F. 
Last minute dinner plans  found us out with our neighbors enjoying a Mexican dinner.

Today I have an annual check up with my Cardiologist which I-don’t expect any issues.

We received our boarding passes, transfers so things are quickly falling into place. It appears there is 190 cruisers that are booked for entire cruise. The rest are on some of the ten different segments.

Our annual local Christmas Parade has been cancelled for second week in a row due to forecasted weather.

Time for more coffee. Thanks for the Reports and Post. Bruce

image.jpeg.179e9476e84eaa13913b1117475fa948.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3d6edb1fb0701dbb279caa45f43d04b7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f501d6dba56116a32cedc98da5105b93.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4d2d117f6373705b0a47954e0ef56557.jpegimage.jpeg.f19015aeac2166b5b6c3213869191e03.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3331dfb5851738525c740a7b44e8ab54.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 24

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

& thank you, Ann, Vanessa, Debbie & Dixie.

Interesting collection of days.  Joy is something everyone needs and I hope all the Daily-ites can find some joy in each and every day.  LOL on the Fry quote.

IMG_1289.jpeg.8846229f6d29d10b3c78d8497f9e80bc.jpeg

Welcome Hanukkah 🕎    Pearl Harbour Day is a most sad day in history.

It’s a very cold one today - much colder than normal and definitely a dog coat day.  Ivan will have fun trying on the dog coats  and we will see which one is best for him.  (Poor Ivan - hand me downs from Miko & Marley - one of the few things I didn’t give away).  They both seemed to fit when I laid them against him last night but we didn’t try them on as I wanted to let my sleeping dog lie. 😉 

IMG_1290.thumb.jpeg.f572e9aeb501128295112b112b90b439.jpeg

Another appointment this morning so I will also drop off my donation to the food bank to help with their Christmas needs.

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1285.thumb.jpeg.510365b908c9c21f31d87927645f2ae1.jpeg

Have a great Thursday everyone.

• Like 24
  • Haha 11

22 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In 2016 on our Prinsendam "Greatest Norway Cruise Ever" we stopped in Kristiansand.  Weather can make or break a port stop and this day was a wet one.  At first it was sprinkles so we donned our rain coats and headed out to see another beautiful Norwegian town.  We had determined this day would be a walk around day and didn't schedule a tour.  If you are planning to go there you might look into what is available to tour.  

It was sort of desolate at first.  I don't know where everybody was that day.  We walked towards a beach area on our little map.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI22bGqj_BMxx4G2R2ZLwO7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtsES5gnxB-dE5NF33gV_7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNrqg2JWNnrYA6vUCDTOmV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIeFJUTzskqzZWSrCI-ZJ-e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

At the beach area is where the Christiansholm Fortress, circa 1672, is located.  There's a small park nearby.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL9koqcPl-61w87oEbd_H0W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSACP75KXhce0C1UsPU0wz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKC5rItRKxPV4gxzytK0APQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsBB167sIEYiI22LvsHzD-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIebJEvz010DfE2xfL_Lhfe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We decided to head to the downtown area to see if anything was happening there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTczzoAiwkTM1lbCvLHX2b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We found an area called Prosebyen which is what's left of Kristiansand's old town.  One feature of the neighborhood is small white, single-story wooden houses filling nearly every block.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1jz9GK45SsagTfiNufymL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL44CL7h9DDakvagT-SaYTu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLe2GXsFS9Irhz64S57PvTM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Whoa!  There was a rebel living on this street!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKq3x-i3oJbtUTa9-oHIwS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Here we are getting downtown.   .00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJsXTWKX4A5soMNkrFHy5jd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This is a pedestrian shopping area called Markens Gate00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLziDHR57wQsqw9WELfhmyp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Unfortunately it was raining harder now.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQP4w5yvxrJKz3CvU6Nwxr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn2FYUFzncNSpJUWkfuFTy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNHjvg7dUtMR4K-PlJ6WfD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This was the Kristiansand Cathedral, third largest in Norway.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKthBnONrLHolHj3X7jenLw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We had to head back to the ship because of the rain, and change clothes for lunch as our legs were drenched.  In the future I would learn to wear waterproof pants over my jeans to keep me dry.  We went to lunch in the dining room and watched the rain come down sideways outside.  It had turned into a completely miserable day outside.  But lunch was great!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_zwJm6ZfhG_JAPbqhueKm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I hope our next stop there is bright and sunny so we can have a completely different experience.  

Lovely photos Sandi of yourself and Kristiansand.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I hope everyone else is having a Joyous Day.  I received an itinerary change for my South America cruise last night.  😩 Punta del Estes has been dropped causing all of the following ports to be moved 1 day earlier.  I just spent an hour contacting 5 private tour companies asking them to adjust my reserved dates.  😣 Really hope they can accommodate us, 3 of the tours were to see the penguins 🐧 Time to start researching Castro Isla Chile, the new port they added near the end of the cruise.

IMG_8653.jpeg.341a956ae703f68678f8fc337f9927a8.jpeg

For those of you who have visited the memorial, is this something you can do on your own or should we take a tour?

Thank you for the pictures of Kristiansand. We look forward to visiting Norway in August.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! A cool 41 here this morning, when Bindi and I headed out. Looks to be another beautiful day - just hope it isn’t as hectic as yesterday. But all my trees are good for another 4 years, before they need another major trimming. My Drake Elm whose leaves torment my neighbor’s gutters and even get into their pool enclosure has been trimmed back to hopefully minimize the problem. And my live oak whose trunk runs at a 45 degree angle to the ground is now supported. Bindi sat out on the deck wrapped in towels, while I wandered around with the crew - coffee in hand. I can’t imagine them doing this type of work in the heat of Summer. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. I don’t know enough about your MRI results to even guess what might help you. So I will just keep praying. 

Today the tub in my guest bath will be refurbished. The iron stains around the drain are no longer removable and refurbishing is cheaper than replacing. Bindi walks and lots of chores will fill my day. 

Since I missed a normal posting yesterday, I will double up on today’s  Memes. 

IMG_2095.jpeg.de0903eb8e5cb863964e39c3832d828b.jpeg

IMG_2080.jpeg.dc869cce83cb3cbdfd9c9629225d5988.jpeg

IMG_2087.jpeg.e5041e485e7a98e4c8d83dc5619520ca.jpeg

IMG_2108.jpeg.41d2a2fe401dafa36693f12c6e5a4ad1.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg.e859623972ebdccf8ff90535fbe9ae84.jpeg

IMG_2140.jpeg.0bfd321a341d831eecb91a7bbf0819e7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those with debilitating pain and conditions. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @Seasick Sailor Joy, today is your day! Celebrate!🥂

I will celebrate River finding a loving, stable relationship with Debbie & Sue. And Jacqui & Ivan finding each other. And Mona Lisa cuddling with Paul. Pay close attention DaVinci!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

2020 Buena Vista Pinot Noir

This is my second favorite Pinot Noir. Meiomi lovers - this one is very similar. A bit more body than many PN with a wonderful finish. Lots of consumer fans. Widely available with online prices starting at$15.95.

Winemaker Notes

Enchanting aromas of baked blueberry, raspberry, and cedarwood float from the glass in this 2020 North Coast Pinot Noir. The sophisticated flavors of ripe plum, strawberry jam, and baking spice are balanced by notes of chocolate and warm earth. The texture enjoys soft, lush tannins and a generous mouth- feel with a delightfully long and lengthy finish.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I hope everyone else is having a Joyous Day.  I received an itinerary change for my South America cruise last night.  😩 Punta del Estes has been dropped causing all of the following ports to be moved 1 day earlier.  I just spent an hour contacting 5 private tour companies asking them to adjust my reserved dates.  😣 Really hope they can accommodate us, 3 of the tours were to see the penguins 🐧 Time to start researching Castro Isla Chile, the new port they added near the end of the cruise.

IMG_8653.jpeg.341a956ae703f68678f8fc337f9927a8.jpeg

For those of you who have visited the memorial, is this something you can do on your own or should we take a tour?

Thank you for the pictures of Kristiansand. We look forward to visiting Norway in August.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Tina

We did it on our own, but prior to the pandemic  However we did sign up on line as early as possible to make sure we had a reservation. We Uber’d from the port early, so that we could explore the exhibits before going to the Arizona Memorial. 

But when we arrived we were told that the boat heading over to the Memorial in 5 minutes had room for us.  So we just switched the order we did things. I know we picked up headphones that we used for the exhibits, but I do not remember needing them for the visit to the Arizona. The movie we saw prior to heading over to the Memorial was eye opening. None of either of our history courses ever included the critical information presented in the movie. 

The headphones allowed us to hear all the audio parts in the exhibits. 

Make sure any bag you carry is clear, so Park personnel can see the contents. 

I do not know if we missed out by not being part of a tour, but I appreciated being able to explore at my own pace. I know we spent at least three hours there. Such an important part of our history. 

Ann

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the daily reports Rich!  Pearl Harbor is an important day to honor.  The others I will pass on. Thanks for the photos of today's port Sandi!  Pass on the meal, the cocktail but today's wine looks good.  

Prayers for everyone on our care list, those in war zones Ukraine, Israel and the Innocents in Gaza.  @0106 I am sorry you are missing Punte del Este, it was one of our favorite ports on Grand South America. 

Great news at the last moment I had three applications for my three scholarships! John's shingles has not advanced and his doctor called in a rx to Walgreens. 

It is going to be in the 50s today but windy made worse by being near Lake Michigan.  We are going out for Chinese today, none near home and probably a lakeside restaurant for dinner.  We had a nice dinner at the steakhouse on property with no steak in sight for us, all starters with a bottle of Merryvale Chardonnay. Have a nice day! 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the daily update, recipes and lists.  Nice collection of days, I have a sister living in Illinois who I’ll have to educate today as I’m sure has no idea.  We should all celebrate joy today, if we can.  If I ever have a halo, which is highly unlikely, I’d spring for a self-cleaning model.  Risotto, no wine?!  Interesting sounding drink, maybe a taste of someone else’s for me please.  I haven’t been to today’s port but will be visiting this upcoming year so thanks for the nice photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list, good luck to @Sharon in AZ today with your eye surgery.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 26

Good morning, last day of work (getting up in a bit). I haven’t started packing. I’m really excited about this trip so I’m not sure why. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Went grocery shopping yesterday for a few things so DH won’t starve. I’ll also make a couple dinners so he’ll have some leftovers. Oops, there goes the alarm. Have a great day y’all. 🙂 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

I am off to the Dentist this morning. My least favorite appointment. Hopefully they don’t find anything as I only have 3 weeks to complete any work. I need to clean my Halo to keep it working for the next few weeks through the hectic holiday and packing. 

Happy start of Hanukkah tonight. We were a big Catholic family in a Jewish neighborhood and always begged our parents to celebrate Hanukkah to get more presents. We were clueless as kids to the meaning of the celebration. 

It will get into the 60’s today. Molly will enjoy a walk this afternoon.  Prayers for our care list and have a great day. 

• Like 26