Thursday December 7th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good cold and cloudy afternoon. We had about 1 inch of snow this morning but it all melted. 
  The tree is up, so far we haven’t had any climbing, time will tell. 
 @Crazy For Cats, Jake I’m so glad the vet visit went well. We have an appointment on Monday for Trouble for a wellness visit He gets a sedative before the visit. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 20

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm not a cotton candy fan; it's all sugar. I'll salute Illinois and am a big fan of joy! Funny quote. I've never made Risotto, but recall Rachel Ray making it with wine. Pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Kristiansand, and appreciate the photos. Remembering Pearl Harbor Day; it was very moving visiting the Arizona. Happy Hanukkah to those who are celebrating it.

My PC is back! I had tried restarting (manual as the start menu didn't work). Couldn't boot into safe mode. Even unplugged it at BFF's suggestion, but only for about 15 minutes. I unplugged it this AM, cleaned the desk of dust, and took it to BB this afternoon. They plugged it in, and it worked right away! Go figure. Same thing happened to BFF about 2 months ago. At least it didn't cost anything, and next time I'll unplug for several hours. It's cloudy here and in the 40's. I haven't done anything all day other than mess with this. I think a glass of wine is in order this evening. I did schedule a day for donation pickup, only to make me do some sorting of clothes, as my leg allows. Less than 2 hours of sleep last night again. It's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow; I may try to get the last leaves taken care of, although I have PT too.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to your DSIL! Nice photos from Kristiansand, even in the rain.

@kazu You'll have to take a photo of Ivan in his coat.

@0106 That has to be such a pain to change private tours when the itinerary changes. 

@ottahand7 I'm glad students availed themselves of the scholarships. Also that John's shingles are stable..

@dfish Very wise to stay away from anyone sick, with your upcoming surgery.

@superoma Good news that Dena was discharged home. Very nice of the group to visit next week, if she's up to it.

@marshhawk I hope Chuck is feeling better today.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos.

@rafinmd I hope your visit with your PCP goes well tomorrow.

@smitty34877 Sorry about the runaround from the insurance company; sadly that seems typical these days.

@kochleffel Nice photos. It sounds like your cats are starting to warm up to you!

@Cruzin Terri I hope the tests ordered at Jim's visit to the Neurologist provide some clarity as to what's going on with him. Neurologists aren't my favorites right now.

@cruising sister I'm glad you made it through your dentist appointment unscathed.

@Crazy For Cats I'm glad Jasper got a good report at the Vet.

@grapau27 Nice photos Graham.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

119-USSArizonaMemorial.thumb.jpg.8452c2687cb6a3cf5a87ecd7917f8963.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Good evening, everyone!

@JazzyV I'm glad the PC is up and running.  I sure hope you get some sleep tonight.  I thought about you last night.  I woke up at 4 with pain in my right hip.  I got up, walked around, put some Aspercreme on it, and went back to bed.  My nose immediately clogged up.  So, I got up and took care of that.  And then laid there trying to get back to sleep.  Around 6 am I did doze off.  Haven't felt too bad today.

Sue and I did more leaves this morning.  I think I am done with them.  We did the front yard and I'll check the back yard tomorrow and see if that needs attention.  

I got an upsell offer from HAL for our Hawaii cruise.  It was a decent price to go from our very tiny inside cabin to a family ocean view.  We each get our own bathroom now!  I think we'll really appreciate the extra space.

@Nickelpenny Thanks for posting the menu.  We had that last summer on Zaandam and it is much improved over what we used to have.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone!

@JazzyV I'm glad the PC is up and running.  I sure hope you get some sleep tonight.  I thought about you last night.  I woke up at 4 with pain in my right hip.  I got up, walked around, put some Aspercreme on it, and went back to bed.  My nose immediately clogged up.  So, I got up and took care of that.  And then laid there trying to get back to sleep.  Around 6 am I did doze off.  Haven't felt too bad today.

Sue and I did more leaves this morning.  I think I am done with them.  We did the front yard and I'll check the back yard tomorrow and see if that needs attention.  

I got an upsell offer from HAL for our Hawaii cruise.  It was a decent price to go from our very tiny inside cabin to a family ocean view.  We each get our own bathroom now!  I think we'll really appreciate the extra space.

@Nickelpenny Thanks for posting the menu.  We had that last summer on Zaandam and it is much improved over what we used to have.  

Debbie - congrats on the upsell on your Hawaii cruise.   Hope you and Sue have a great time.   
Maryell

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily.

Roy

Thanks Roy.   I have followed along on the daily for quite awhile - seldom do I post.   But I was lucky enough to finally meet Debbie and Sue and hang out with them on our 25 day Iceland cruise on the Zaandam this August.  Also met Sandy and her Husband.    It was fun to put faces to these people I’ve been following.   Cruise critic is a great place to get useful information for upcoming cruises.  
The Daily has some delightful and caring people posting and I enjoy following along.  
Maryell 

• Like 25

Hi everyone!  Just a quick note. My second cataract surgery went well today and I’m eager to see the surgeon tomorrow so they can take the eye shield off. I did get nauseated today but had a different anesthesiologist. Long story but I got some post op meds that helped. They were really behind today and we didn’t get home until 3:00 then I went directly to bed for a good nap. Thank you for your good wishes and thoughts!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

Debbie - congrats on the upsell on your Hawaii cruise.   Hope you and Sue have a great time.   
Maryell

Thanks so much!   Hi to Marge!   I hope all is well with the two of you.

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Hi everyone!  Just a quick note. My second cataract surgery went well today and I’m eager to see the surgeon tomorrow so they can take the eye shield off. I did get nauseated today but had a different anesthesiologist. Long story but I got some post op meds that helped. They were really behind today and we didn’t get home until 3:00 then I went directly to bed for a good nap. Thank you for your good wishes and thoughts!

So glad things went well, Sharon!

2 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

Thanks Roy.   I have followed along on the daily for quite awhile - seldom do I post.   But I was lucky enough to finally meet Debbie and Sue and hang out with them on our 25 day Iceland cruise on the Zaandam this August.  Also met Sandy and her Husband.    It was fun to put faces to these people I’ve been following.   Cruise critic is a great place to get useful information for upcoming cruises.  
The Daily has some delightful and caring people posting and I enjoy following along.  
Maryell 

Sue and I were lucky to meet Mary and Marge on board the Zaandam.  It was a great cruise with some great people!

• Like 14

Good evening.  It was a busy day, and I'm just now catching up with The Daily.  I got caught up with all the paperwork and bills that have come in the last couple of weeks.  That took most of the morning.  This afternoon was busy with errands.

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We're back from the Neurologist with no definitive diagnosis.  A lot of speculation on MD's part, which did not make me happy.  Anyway, DH has to have a cognitive exam and an MRI of the brain.  We have a follow up appointment with the Neurologist on Jan. 11.  

We will see where this goes.

I will reserve judgment until then.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry you didn't get an answer today, but hopefully the test and MRI will give you some answers or at least point the doctor in the right direction.

5 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Woo hoo! I made it through the dental appointment. I hate to go. I have a crown on the lower front which has been there for 52 years. I am always nervous he will want to replace it.  They don’t make them like they used to. It probably has some banned substance making it last so long. 

@smitty34877 I feel your pain. Settling my DH estate was a piece of cake,  life insurance included. For my DS you would have thought I was asking each individual to fork over money. One of his 401k is still giving me problems over a year later. 

That'sgood news about your dental exam.  

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon, Jasper’s trip to the vet went well.  He gained 6oz.  His medication is now reduced to every other day.  Now to remember the right day, this month it’ll be even days.

image.png.275bd4b3e5720d53392fbf4ec7a500b0.png

Jake, I'm happy Jasper can have his meds reduced.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm not a cotton candy fan; it's all sugar. I'll salute Illinois and am a big fan of joy! Funny quote. I've never made Risotto, but recall Rachel Ray making it with wine. Pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Kristiansand, and appreciate the photos. Remembering Pearl Harbor Day; it was very moving visiting the Arizona. Happy Hanukkah to those who are celebrating it.

My PC is back! I had tried restarting (manual as the start menu didn't work). Couldn't boot into safe mode. Even unplugged it at BFF's suggestion, but only for about 15 minutes. I unplugged it this AM, cleaned the desk of dust, and took it to BB this afternoon. They plugged it in, and it worked right away! Go figure. Same thing happened to BFF about 2 months ago. At least it didn't cost anything, and next time I'll unplug for several hours. It's cloudy here and in the 40's. I haven't done anything all day other than mess with this. I think a glass of wine is in order this evening. I did schedule a day for donation pickup, only to make me do some sorting of clothes, as my leg allows. Less than 2 hours of sleep last night again. It's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow; I may try to get the last leaves taken care of, although I have PT too.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to your DSIL! Nice photos from Kristiansand, even in the rain.

@kazu You'll have to take a photo of Ivan in his coat.

@0106 That has to be such a pain to change private tours when the itinerary changes. 

@ottahand7 I'm glad students availed themselves of the scholarships. Also that John's shingles are stable..

@dfish Very wise to stay away from anyone sick, with your upcoming surgery.

@superoma Good news that Dena was discharged home. Very nice of the group to visit next week, if she's up to it.

@marshhawk I hope Chuck is feeling better today.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos.

@rafinmd I hope your visit with your PCP goes well tomorrow.

@smitty34877 Sorry about the runaround from the insurance company; sadly that seems typical these days.

@kochleffel Nice photos. It sounds like your cats are starting to warm up to you!

@Cruzin Terri I hope the tests ordered at Jim's visit to the Neurologist provide some clarity as to what's going on with him. Neurologists aren't my favorites right now.

@cruising sister I'm glad you made it through your dentist appointment unscathed.

@Crazy For Cats I'm glad Jasper got a good report at the Vet.

@grapau27 Nice photos Graham.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

119-USSArizonaMemorial.thumb.jpg.8452c2687cb6a3cf5a87ecd7917f8963.jpg

Vanessa, I'm glad your computer is working again.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone!

Congratulations on the upsell, Debbie.

2 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

Maryell

Welcomemto The Daily, Maryell.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon, that is good news.  

Lenda

• Like 13

On a totally off-the-wall subject with a rant: Our CPAP machines use distilled water. Lately, it has been difficult to find and when available, it is $1.99/gal. A couple of months ago, it was $.99. I jokingly asked DH if he could build a device to make our own. That got me thinking and looked online and yes, you can buy a countertop water distiller for less than $90. We use nearly a gallon per week and relatives next door also use a CPAP so I think it will be a good deal. Another plus is no more plastic jugs! We started using Earth Breeze laundry soap to eliminate the plastic and now this. Less to recycle. Time will tell....

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Had a nice Mariner’s luncheon. I have never been to one before (or invited to one). Nice!

Glad you enjoyed it 👍. Great to see they are sticking with the ‘new’ menu.  It’s much better than the old one that used to be served. 

12 hours ago, dfish said:

Yippee!  Congrats Debbie.  So glad you have the extra space (and bathroom) 👍 

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good news on the surgery, Sharon 👍. Hope you are feeling better (and rested) today.  

11 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

Maryell

Welcome to the Daily. 🙂 

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu I saw this and thought of you and Ivan.

image.thumb.png.eea1dcbe9083292bf628af9a3c3a3575.png

Ahh - thanks ♥️. I think this applies to most dog owners 😉 

7 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

On a totally off-the-wall subject with a rant: Our CPAP machines use distilled water. Lately, it has been difficult to find and when available, it is $1.99/gal. A couple of months ago, it was $.99. I jokingly asked DH if he could build a device to make our own. That got me thinking and looked online and yes, you can buy a countertop water distiller for less than $90. We use nearly a gallon per week and relatives next door also use a CPAP so I think it will be a good deal. Another plus is no more plastic jugs! We started using Earth Breeze laundry soap to eliminate the plastic and now this. Less to recycle. Time will tell....

What a brilliant idea, Susie!  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2