Realistically, How Many Will Wear Tuxedos on a 12-Night Panama Canal Princess Cruise?

Smokeyham

9 hours ago, Potstech said:

Count the number of tux's in the picture and imagine a much larger group. Also notice the number not wearing s tux.

Those pictures are totally misleading and means nothing.  It is a formal night and that is a group of passengers that got dressed up to have their pictures taken with an officer at the Champagne Waterfall.  It is hardly representative of the full ship and as many of us know very few people really go to the Champagne Waterfall when they have them.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

Those pictures are totally misleading and means nothing.  It is a formal night and that is a group of passengers that got dressed up to have their pictures taken with an officer at the Champagne Waterfall.  It is hardly representative of the full ship and as many of us know very few people really go to the Champagne Waterfall when they have them.  

True.

The only true representation of those that want to dress on formal night would be of people sitting in the show lounge, if you could get those dressed up at dinner to stay that way long enough. 

We were just on the Ruby Princess for a 10 day partial transit.  There were not many tuxedos but if you want to wear one?  Wear it.  You only live once and I think you should use that tuxedo.  We didn't go "formal" on formal night due to luggage restrictions.  (one suitcase and 2 personal items were all we packed.) 

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 6:37 PM, Princessfan20 said:

I am afraid they will be disappointed.

As it's usually the maitre d', not 'an officer' at the champagne waterfall.

Also, the waterfall has been really down-sized over the years.

It used to start from the floor, and go up ... like a christmas tree.

Now, just disappointing.

More like champagne rapids...

On 12/13/2023 at 6:41 AM, Bgwest said:

There will always be those who desperately long to return to “those thrilling days of yesteryear”. 

I freely admit, there are things onboard which appeal to folks that I don't understand. Among them, religious services, gambling, Clamato, whether by itself or in a Caesar cocktail. But I dont presume to know or guess their reasons for doing what facilitates their vacation enjoyment.

I assure you, it would be very rare that anyone dressing for dinner cares to be noticed, or cares what you wear, unless by intent demands attention, or wants to go back to some bygone time. We dress for our own enjoyment. Intrinsic reasons, it has value by itself. Some just don't understand the appeal.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 10:33 PM, Smokeyham said:

I would be interested in hearing, especially from those who have done a Princess Panama Canal Cruise, how many people wear actual formal wear (i.e. tuxedos) on a 12-night Panama Canal full transit?

We have formal wear, and while it might be fun to wear it on the three formal nights, we would not want to do so if very few people actually do so.

Thanks for your thoughts.

There will be plenty of folks dressed up and plenty of folks dressed casually.   While I would be among the latter, I can't imagine you would feel out of place.   Enjoy!  

• Like 3

On 12/11/2023 at 1:33 AM, Smokeyham said:

I would be interested in hearing, especially from those who have done a Princess Panama Canal Cruise, how many people wear actual formal wear (i.e. tuxedos) on a 12-night Panama Canal full transit?

We have formal wear, and while it might be fun to wear it on the three formal nights, we would not want to do so if very few people actually do so.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I f you want to look that sharp, go for it! 👏

I plan to wear a tux for the Discovery Eclipse cruise.

• Like 2