The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 3rd, 2024

kazu

Happy Sunday, another very nice day here! I'm looking at robins and bulbs coming up.   @ger_77sorry to hear about your bad weather...be safe, and thanks for helping your neighbors. I'm seeing lots of snow in the California mountains also.  I'm happy to hear that Baby Murphy is home from the hospital, good for her and her family! @0106Bon voyage, we've been home for 2 weeks, and I wish I could go back! 

I'm being a "caregiver" for DH.  He had a hip replacement on Thursday.  I'm surprised how easy this recovery has been, not much pain, was up 1 hour after surgery and dc'd from the hospital 24 hours post surgery.  He's walking around just fine with a walker and hardly taking any pain meds!  Praying that it stays this easy!  

Thanks for all of the pictures today, have a good rest of your day!  Karen

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 0106 said:

Good Morning from Ft Lauderdale!  It’s wonderful to be in warmer weather.  We are at Hyatt Place on 10th Avenue, one block off 17th.  It is a nice hotel that I booked through ValueTrips because of the price.  (There are many pilots and flight attendants at the breakfast bar which I always think is a good sign.). We walked to the Boatyard for dinner last night.  Excellent setting next to the intercostal, excellent seafood but a bit pricey.  Plan on Ubering to the Nieuw Statendam about 10.  I did request a wave for Sailaway.  We will be on deck 5 in an aft cabin. 

Wishing everyone the best possible Sunday.

I will be watching for the two of you, Tina.  

Sadly, TrueValue did not have a good deal for me for our dates- two of the dates excluded(why I’m not sure), so we are saying at Riverside on Las Olas.

Love the Boatyard and glad you enjoyed it there 👍. Have a great time!

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

My Sister had a rough day yesterday.  They took her for an X-Ray which exhausted her physically, because she had to stand for it. They wanted to get a clearer view of the partially paralyzed diaphragm. They discovered that her left lung was partially atrophied- most likely related to the diaphragm issue.  So she is still on oxygen and needs to gain strength before she can even start PT. But she is eating good, solid food and we are hoping that a good night’s sleep will help.

Sorry your sister is having such a challenging time 😔. My prayers remain with her &hopefully she can gain strength and start her PT 🙏 

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Does anyone want a winter storm?  We're firmly ensconced in one right now.  It began yesterday and is expected to continue until tomorrow morning. 

No thanks to another storm.    I feel for you all on the prairies - it sounds like it is moving and trying to nail everyone 😔 

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Yesterday morning I phoned our older neighbours down the street to see how they were and if they had everything they needed in advance of the storm.  She told me that her husband had not been well the day before, so she wasn't able to get out for her groceries, but thought they'd be okay and could make do with what they had.  I asked her what I could bring and she said if we had some extra bread and eggs, that would be it.  Well, that spurred both DH and I into action - we got our storm clothes on, fired up the SUV, put it in 4 wheel drive and off we went.  We hit up the grocery store, then stopped at Tim's to grab some hot coffee and also some Timbits for the gas station attendants, made a stop for gas, delivered the groceries and some extra treats for our lovely neighbours, and came home. 

Ahh - how very kind of the two of you ♥️  

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu Sorry to hear about another storm coming. The people I use for donations have been emailing me it seems almost every day, asking if I have anything; but I need to get more stuff together before I schedule a pickup.

I swear Vanessa - I have had a pick up scheduled for every month for some time now.  I’m not sure if I will ever get done 😱 😂 

8 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

I'm being a "caregiver" for DH.  He had a hip replacement on Thursday.  I'm surprised how easy this recovery has been, not much pain, was up 1 hour after surgery and dc'd from the hospital 24 hours post surgery.  He's walking around just fine with a walker and hardly taking any pain meds!  Praying that it stays this easy!  

That is great news, Karen 👍. My friend had hip replacement surgery last year and I was amazed how quickly he recovered especially with his age (over 90).  

I hope your DH continues to progress smoothly and recovers soon 🙏 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, Dixie, and Graham/Father David,    Three great days to celebrate but not so much the quote.

I thought I had been to Lanzarote but can't trace it.

Many great days to celebrate today, especially Hellen Keller, Annie Sullivan, and Insulin.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Citrus Delight with Amaretto, Apple Cider Brined Pork Chop with Cherry-Raisin Chutney and Berries Financier as served on MS Prinsendam March 3, 2019:

dishes03.jpg

My AV service at church kept me quite busy but I think went very well.

It's a mild day but just a teaser, nasty weather back by mid-week.

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic news hearing Baby Murphy is home. Thanks @bennybear for the fabric store location. In less than 2 weeks we’ll be staying half way between Kona and Hilo for a week so will definitely check it out. @ger_77 wow on the snow. It snowed off and on all afternoon here yesterday but it was 41 degrees! Weird!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quilty964 said:

Happy Sunday, another very nice day here! I'm looking at robins and bulbs coming up.   @ger_77sorry to hear about your bad weather...be safe, and thanks for helping your neighbors. I'm seeing lots of snow in the California mountains also.  I'm happy to hear that Baby Murphy is home from the hospital, good for her and her family! @0106Bon voyage, we've been home for 2 weeks, and I wish I could go back! 

I really hope things continue to go well for your DH.  It's amazing how well things have gone and how much this operation has been improved upon over the years.  

50 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Here is a picture of Murphy going home!IMG_4118.thumb.jpeg.47cedced7ff2582e743f4186c44b4bf8.jpeg

Aww, she is just precious!  And look how excited she is to be out in the world!  Thank you so much for posting this photo!😀

• Like 11

7 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning. It’s going to be a beautiful day.

What wonderful news about Baby Murphy ❤️🎉. She truly is a fighter.

Still no posting from @Crazy For Cats. I hope he is okay. I miss his cat memes.

Today is the official start of the Iditarod. Prayers for a safe race.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

I miss @Crazy For Cats and his memes too!  Always funny, never inappropriate IMO, though others here called him out. Hope he returns. Hope we will continue to be a safe space.

Great news on our cutie Baby Murphy!

Continuing to have great fun on the AUS/NZ GV😊

Prayers for us all, celebrate your joys.

Take care all.

Caron

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

I miss @Crazy For Cats and his memes too!  Always funny, never inappropriate IMO, though others here called him out. Hope he returns. Hope we will continue to be a safe space.

Great news on our cutie Baby Murphy!

Continuing to have great fun on the AUS/NZ GV😊

Prayers for us all, celebrate your joys.

Take care all.

Caron

Caron, I don't think anyone here called Jake out on his memes.  One day his post was removed due to some words in his meme that CC did not allow.  No one on the Daily objected, just noted what had happened when he noticed his post was no longer here.  We all enjoy his daily memes, too.  He mentioned earlier today he had been swamped at work all week, so hopefully we will see him here as usual this week.  Excellent news that you continue to enjoy your fabulous cruise!

• Like 13

Posted (edited)

Today we are tendering and visiting Mooloolaba, Australia. Have a private excursion of boating along the canal followed by lunch. Will not eat much as we have the Chef’s Asian Table tonight.

Dined in MDR last night and enjoyed a Korean stir fry. We then enjoyed our guest country music entertainer.

Weather report says ninety per cent chance of rain but it’s nice now.

We still have not been told about alternate plans regarding Red Sea transit.

It is what it is and we’ll adapt and enjoy.

Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 15

In soccer news today I was sent another 1 minute video of the final score of the FC Dallas game where Ren played wing the entire last half.  He was able to score the winning goal near the end of the game, so they won 3 to 2.  It looked like he passed the ball to a player near the goal who kicked it towards the net, but the goalie deflected it out.  A different player saw Ren running at his usual supersonic speed (LOL!) from the right and moved the ball out in front of Ren who kicked it in.  The goalie never knew what happened!  A good day for our boy.🥰

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a still windy Quartzsite, but at least, it is sunny.  With the cooler temperatures and strong winds, we postponed our planned trip to Yuma and Algodones until next weekend, since we'd be outside quite a bit.  Sundays are never as busy in Algodones since the eye doctors and dentists are normally closed then.  We try to get there early, so we can beat the crowd trying to cross back into the US after lunch.  The other day, someone reported the wait was 2 1/2 hours.  Sunday mornings we rarely have a wait, and then it's just a few minutes.  If course, with spring break in full swing, you never know.

Since the planned trip included a W-M stop, we drove up to Parker to get that and a stop at Safeway out of the way.  It really wasn't too bad out, but the wind did try to move the car around on the way home.  Now, everything is put away, and the chicken is packaged in smaller portions and is in the freezer.

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, thanks for today’s report.  It’s been a very busy work week with way too many zoom/google meet/teams meetings.  Helping customers deal with the cyber attack has been very taxing.  While Change Healthcare is their third party many blame us and demand we resolve the issue.  We are working on helping them but it takes time.  This attack will have some long lasting implications.  
This week I did manage to get DH’s military benefits applied to all our open bookings.  I went to show him an excursion for August and HAL says no upcoming bookings and I have zero Mariner points.  Ugh!

CC updated their web page and now the hamburger menu does not appear on my tablet to select boards.  Must type in boards.cc.

Yesterday I did an early shopping trip, leaving at 6:15, to get items that aren’t available close to home.  That afternoon Mona and I took a nap.

Today I’m catching up on some chores I couldn’t get to during the week.

@1ANGELCAT and @dfish thanks for checking upon me.

Jake, glad you are all right, but I wish your work isn't so hectic.  I hope things settle down more next week.

5 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

It's a cloudy cool day here (low 40's) and snow is in the forecast but nothing like @ger_77 and the frozen tundra!

Yesterday my plans to have a quiet day at home went out the window when my DD DH's sister called and wanted to meet up. So, I met her and her husband at the new Goodwill store in Sedro-Woolley and wandered and then we went out to lunch. On the way to the restaurant the heavens opened up and we had hail! Now, I'm not talking little hail. Think the size of blueberries, pearls, grapes, etc. It came down in torrents like the cloud had been unzipped! It was rather scary. The road was white and slushy and my car thermometer said 43F. 

I got to the restaurant and we had a very nice lunch. I brought home a lot of the fries and 1/2 a pulled pork sandwich so have at least one more meal. Coming home the roads were slushy and by the time I got home it was 34F and snowing. I didn't realize how tense I was driving until I went to text my sister-in-law and son that I was safely home and I was shaking. We had snow for at least another hour and the ground is covered so you can't see my moss which is my predominant green. More snow predicted tonight and tomorrow morning then a few good days and rain. 

Today the plan, such as it is, includes staying home, making lemon cookies, and watching the ships sail away. We'll see how that goes!

Karen

Karen, it was good you could visit with your DSIL over shopping and lunch, but what a scary situation driving home.  I glad you made it safely.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu, @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I'll celebrate 33 flavors if it's ice cream. Caregivers deserve to be celebrated every day, for the tough job they have. Ear care is important to prevent hearing loss from too loud sound. I don't agree with the quote (typical Woody Allen). The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Arrecife. 4 good days in history; I'll especially celebrate the discovery of insulin, which kept Type 1 diabetics alive (and they made no profit for it).

It's cloudy, but 60F already! Yesterday I got a good bit done in the DR, but I'm waiting for a delivery of china felt separators, as I ran out. My knee is protesting somewhat from being on my feet a lot, but it's wonderful to be able to do it. I slept pretty well, but had some pain from awakening on my back, and a bit of numbness. Today I'll continue in the DR. I have swags and jabots on the windows in my fairly formal DR, but they are 30+ years old, dusty (I don't vacuum them like I should 😲) and somewhat faded from the sun. My colors are aqua and I can't find anything to replace them, without going custom. I'm not going to pay that as I'm already planning to send out my DR chairs to be reglued and seats recovered. I thought I had maybe something left over, since in my first house I dressed 2 sets of large windows. I went upstairs to a storage closet and found a whole set looking new! Woohoo!

My friends from the UK are coming back over this week again for hockey. It seems soon since they were here in November, but I realized while they're here it will be my friend Ruth's heavenly birthday. Her Mom will be here, along with a family friend, while her Dad can't travel and will remain in the UK.

@0106 Bon Voyage Tina! We'll look for you on sailaway.

@Lady Hudson Welcome home!

@cruising sister Thanks for the great update on baby Murphy! I know the family must be delighted, even though there may still be some challenges. 

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for mentioning National Anthem Day. Lovely photos from Arrecife. 

@cat shepard I pray your sister makes steady progress; eating well and getting rest will go a long way in helping. Did she have any idea about the diaphragm and lung issues before this?

@kazu Sorry to hear about another storm coming. The people I use for donations have been emailing me it seems almost every day, asking if I have anything; but I need to get more stuff together before I schedule a pickup.

@dfish I've made the Skinnytaste version of the soup, and it's quite good.

@smitty34877 Well wishes for getting through the weekend. For me, sunshine makes everything more tolerable. Your meal sounds yummy.

@ger_77 Sorry to hear about your weather, while many of us are having temps above normal. That was wonderful of you to think of your older neighbors. 

@Sir PMP Nice photos.

@grapau27 Thanks for sharing your photos.

@Seasick Sailor Such sweet sentiments about your DH and you.

@Crazy For Cats Thanks for stopping in Jake. We worry, you know. Sorry work has been so taxing due to that cyber attack.

@luvteaching That does sound scary. I'm glad you made it home safely.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm glad you are able to move and work now with little discomfort, and that you are making good progress on the dining room.  What luck that you found curtains in the storage closet you could use.  I hope your UK friends have a safe trip over the pond and a good time in the US.

3 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Karen, I'm glad your DH's recovery from hip replacement surgery is going so well.  I hope he continues to have an uneventful and speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Here is a picture of Murphy going home!IMG_4118.thumb.jpeg.47cedced7ff2582e743f4186c44b4bf8.jpeg

Thanks for the picture of Miss Murphy on her way home.  She looks so happy to be seeing the real world.  

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In soccer news today I was sent another 1 minute video of the final score of the FC Dallas game where Ren played wing the entire last half.  He was able to score the winning goal near the end of the game, so they won 3 to 2.  It looked like he passed the ball to a player near the goal who kicked it towards the net, but the goalie deflected it out.  A different player saw Ren running at his usual supersonic speed (LOL!) from the right and moved the ball out in front of Ren who kicked it in.  The goalie never knew what happened!  A good day for our boy.🥰

Sandi, yeah for Ren scoring the winning goal.  It sounds like there is real teamwork on that team.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Good evening from north Jersey. It’s been busy here with granddaughter and her DH here today working on upgrades!  Wonderful to see them, have them share their time, talents and energy!  

Quick comments:  Fabulous that Baby Murphy got to go home!  

My dad had a cousin much older than him who was born blind, eventually taught in a school for the blind. She’d come visit us one week each summer when I was in early grade school. At one time she served as a temporary secretary to Helen Keller.  

I’ve never been to the Canary Islands but when I was high school my boyfriend and I dreamed we’d go there together someday - I think we liked the name, and that it seemed so magical to our imagination. Thanks for all the beautiful pictures! 

Blessings to all the Caregivers all in need, and all the Daiky family!  Smooth travels to all away. 
Maureen 

• Like 12

@cruising sister I l❤️ve the picture of smiley Ms Baby Murphy heading out into the World!! It's been heartwrenching following her story and warms my heart seeing her all strapped in with that huge grin 😀 

I hope you'll continue to share pictures of her - that little fighter has a lot of people in her corner.🙏

• Like 10

7 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Fantastic news hearing Baby Murphy is home. Thanks @bennybear for the fabric store location. In less than 2 weeks we’ll be staying half way between Kona and Hilo for a week so will definitely check it out. @ger_77 wow on the snow. It snowed off and on all afternoon here yesterday but it was 41 degrees! Weird!

Great news! Sadly we are heading home in a week or we could have met.  Although after reading @ger_77 description I think I should extend our trip, lol! 

@cruising sister so glad to hear baby Murphy is heading home! 

The second oldest church on the island. 

IMG_0899.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

• Like 9