The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 16th, 2024

kazu

Today is Black Press Day, Everything You Do is Right Day, and Freedom of Information Day

and if Ann’s records are right, the Daily’s 4th anniversary.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

The marks humans leave are too often scars.--John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Meal Suggestion for today - Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
Drink of the Day - Sakura-Chan
Wine of the Day - Bota Box Nighthawk Bold Cabernet Sauvignon 
Destination of the Day - Bahia d Opunoha, Moorea, French Polynesia 

Today in History:
1792 King Gustav III of Sweden is shot by Count Jacob Johan Anckarström at a masked ball at the Opera
1867 First publication of an article by Joseph Lister outlining the discovery of antiseptic surgery, in "The Lancet"

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 03-23

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Montt, Chile eta 03-17

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00 

Zaandam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Timaru, New Zealand 08:00 - 16:00 

Volendam

At Sea Destination Nukualofa, Tongatapu, Tonga eta 03-18

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Naha, Okinawa Island Japan eta 03-19

Zuiderdam

Hong Kong, China - 15:30

• Like 16
  • Thanks 22

Happy Anniversary to the Daily!

What a wonderful way to start the day, this is a great place.  Thanks.

We're back to cold weather with a chance of snow flurries this afternoon.  My poor daffodils are confused.

Three good days to celebrate.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, it's nice to have air fryer recipes.  I'm not sure about the drink, but I'm happy to see another carboardeaux.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a great Saturday.  Stay safe.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Happy Anniversary to the Daily.  I probably missed it because it's also the day I was kicked off Queen Mary 2 in Perth.  We are also closing in on 5 years for Rich posting the fleet locations; it was approximately April 28.

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Good morning friends!  This morning our temperature is 56 with partly cloudy skies.  High temp will be around 75 with a mixture of clouds and sun today.  I hope the weather is good in Chicago because DGS Ren has a soccer game there today.  Go FC Dallas!

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for today.  I'm happy that today we do everything RIGHT!  A salute to black press and freedom of information.  The rotisserie chicken sounds great, but I have no idea what the drink is.  If I liked Cabernet Sauvignon I wouldn't mind a boxed wine.  Not a good day for poor King Gustav III of Sweden but thankfully Lister made an important discovery about antiseptic surgery which saved many lives.  Thanks to the F&B ladies Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their reports.

Prayers said today for my DB, great nephew Alex's identical twin boys (just like the first set!), friends Scott and Susan, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages enduring months of captivity, the military members in danger in the region, and all of us here on the Daily Care list who could use a helping hand and improved lives. Congratulations to those celebrating special events and the many cruisers among us. Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the great list keeping skills.  Hoping all is well with you! 

The destination today is Bahia d Opunoha, Moorea, French Polynesia.  This is a bay on the island of Moorea.  It's also the first time for such a specific location on Moorea but we've enjoyed photos before of our Moorea visits on April 23, 2021, March 28, 2023 as well as July 13, 2023.  I'll post the links for those dates next.

Hoping for a much calmer day after yesterday's upheaval.  AT&T was on the scene repairing damage to their network capability on our street until nearly 9 pm.  Thankfully we don't have AT&T!  So peace and quiet sounds great.  I hope everyone here enjoys the St. Patrick's Day weekend.  Stay safe and well!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye pressure doing unexpected things

Cruzin Terri’s friend Anita post kidney removal for cancer

Denise T’s cat Chase with a toe amputated

Nickelpenny’s passing of her cat Martina 3/11/2024

Fires in the Texas panhandle and OK; storms/tornados in the midwest

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Ger_77’s DH Maurice needing heart valve replacement

RMLincoln’s SIL in Rehab hospital, getting radiation treatments

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 4th Anniversary to The Daily!

Bon Voyage Suslor (Susan)!

Bon Voyage RedneckBob!

Bon Voyage Crazy For Cats (Jake & Juan)!

Welcome Home Nickelpenny!

Welcome Home Mtn2Sea!

Nickelpenny winning a free cruise!

Marshhawk getting a sale

SusieKIslandGirl in Hawaii

57redbird in Maui for a 2 week vacation

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy discharged to home!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Scrapnana (Rotterdam Mar 17 to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer

7 days for Lazey1 (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Mar 30) 7d Mexico

7 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal

0106 (Nieuw Statendam to Mar 17) 14d W/E Caribbean, w/BFF, Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Mar 23) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas, with her sister, USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Crazy For Cats (Eurodam Mar 16 to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam Mar 16 to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, RedneckBob (Celebrity Reflection March 16 to March 24) 8d E. Caribbean, then (Nieuw Statendam March 24 to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 21

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye pressure doing unexpected things

Cruzin Terri’s friend Anita post kidney removal for cancer

Denise T’s cat Chase with a toe amputated

Nickelpenny’s passing of her cat Martina 3/11/2024

Fires in the Texas panhandle and OK; storms/tornados in the midwest

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Ger_77’s DH Maurice needing heart valve replacement

RMLincoln’s SIL in Rehab hospital, getting radiation treatments

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 4th Anniversary to The Daily!

Bon Voyage Suslor (Susan)!

Bon Voyage RedneckBob!

Bon Voyage Crazy For Cats (Jake & Juan)!

Welcome Home Nickelpenny!

Welcome Home Mtn2Sea!

Nickelpenny winning a free cruise!

Marshhawk getting a sale

SusieKIslandGirl in Hawaii

57redbird in Maui for a 2 week vacation

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy discharged to home!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Scrapnana (Rotterdam Mar 17 to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer

7 days for Lazey1 (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Mar 30) 7d Mexico

7 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal

0106 (Nieuw Statendam to Mar 17) 14d W/E Caribbean, w/BFF, Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Mar 23) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas, with her sister, USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Crazy For Cats (Eurodam Mar 16 to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam Mar 16 to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, RedneckBob (Celebrity Reflection March 16 to March 24) 8d E. Caribbean, then (Nieuw Statendam March 24 to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Bon voyage RedneckBob. Wait, that’s me! 

Also Bon voyage to crazy for cats & susior!

Also welcome home nickelpenny who I call Moneypenny which is more appropriate after your Big wins on your cruise!

• Like 20
  • Haha 7

Sakura-Chan cocktai:

This sake-based cocktail by Warren Lindsay of Andaz Tokyo is inspired by beautiful cheery blossoms.

1 3/4 oz. Hakkaisan sake
1/2 oz. sakura liqueur
1 dash lemon juice
1/2 oz kirsch from a jar of Grotto cherries in kirsch
Garnish: sakura flower
Garnish: Griotte cherry

Add the sake, sakura liqueur, and lemon juice into a mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a sake glass over a large ice cube.
Float the kirsch from a jar of Griotte cherries over the top of the drink.
Garnish with a sakura flower and a griotte cherry.

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 7.26.25 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17

Happy Saturday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. Happy Anniversary to the Daily!

Back to being chilly here. Should be sunny and going up to 60 though. Just a reminder that it is still winter. 

Chase is doing well being back at home. He was given some long-term pain meds. He has to wear a cone to prevent him from chewing on his bandage. He goes back on Monday to have the bandage removed. He is eating which is good. Fiona is back to her old diva ways. 

Might cut some grass today.

Bon voyage to @Suslor, @RedneckBob, and @Crazy For Cats

Bon Voyage - ocean view with cruise ship and beach card #Ad , # ...

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Enjoy Your Saturday Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr ...

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Bon Voyage to @RedneckBob, @Suslor and @Crazy For Cats!

@Nickelpenny, Pennie, congratulations on your huge winnings and free cruise! 

Today the St Patrick’s Day parade is in the city. My neighborhood has a large Irish population and we have many Irish flags out on both houses and businesses. I will make a nice Irish stew for tomorrow as there are no corned beef and cabbage fans here. I noticed that all types of potatoes were on sale in the grocery store yesterday, 

We are on our own this weekend as the expected assistance was not available. Tana is holding her own but finds it very difficult to walk more than a few steps due to her oxygen needs. She keeps trying everyday  although it is frustrating for all. 
Four years of the Daily is a major celebration! Thank you to everyone who makes this such a great place to visit every day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Good Morning Everyone, happy anniversary to the fleet and daily report.  Thanks to all who put everything together.  
Last night a bunch of parrots were on the hotel rooms window ledge, beautiful but noisy.  We saw a lot of them walking to and from Joe’s Diner for breakfast.  On the way back from breakfast we saw four police cars across from the hotel blocking the road.  Apparently there was a shooting, a little too close for comfort.

Last night DH put on his CPAP gear around 8:30, just in case he fell asleep.  He was out within 5 minutes.  I didn’t last much longer.  This morning I was awake before the BHB’s arrived. I did get to watch the Zaandam and Eurodam arrive.

Our shuttle pickup is at 9:45 so we should be all checked and ready to board when HAL is ready to let us aboard.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

We've been to Moorea twice, once on Golden Princess in 2014 and again on Maasdam in 2017.  In 2014 we went on a private tour with a CC group.  It involved a Polynesian BBQ, ray and shark feeding, sightseeing at a barrier reef, snorkeling, etc.  The day after this we were scheduled on a tour with Patrick in Bora Bora so they were essentially the same description tours, but Patrick's was much better!  Still, I can show you a few photos from Moorea. 

Arrival at the pier.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Welcoming committee.

Scenes along the way

Stingray feeding

I was a little nervous watching this from the boat.

I did go out when they spread out a little bit and that was fun, but when the sharks came I got back in the boat to watch.

Arriving at the motu for the BarBQ.

Not quite the same as Patrick's pig roast in a pit!

The food and drink was good though, and after we ate you could take a little dip in the water to cool down.

In 2017 on the Maasdam, we sailed from Papeete to Moorea in the early morning because they are only about 18 nautical miles apart.  A beautiful sunshine-y day!

The reefs visible in the water

When we reached shore on our tenders we were met with dancers and musicians, local foods and lots of jewelry.  We stayed in town this day since we hadn't done that last visit

Free food!

We bought a pair of black pearl earrings for me that day.

We walked around the village and then peeped into the Ebenezer Church.  It was Easter Sunday.

And a look at a unique treat at dinner that night for Easter Sunday.

Sorry about the number of photos!  So much to see there.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, everyone!  

It is a bit of a chilly start here in mid-Michigan.  We're supposed to get up to 53F today with cloudy skies.  Sue has a friend coming to visit for a few days, so life should be interesting.  Otherwise, the only thing on the agenda today is to hit the gym.  Last night the dice were not kind to me in Farkle.  I came in last in all three games.  

We're going to give the slow cooker a rest today and turn to the air fryer for dinner.  And, if you don't have an air fryer, no problem. There are directions for achieving the same result in the regular old oven.  Now, why make your own rotisserie chicken?  First, there is nothing injected in the chicken like you find in some of the ready made ones.  Second, you can season it to taste.  Have fun with the seasonings and play around a bit.  https://www.skinnytaste.com/air-fryer-rotisserie-chicken/

rotisseriechicken1.thumb.jpg.039e975164d6586d1f36adcecd21561c.jpg

Now doesn't that look all nice and crispy?  

This one has a different seasoning mix.  It is more of a paste that you rub all over the chicken.  https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/air-fryer-rotisserie-chicken/

rotisseriechicken2.thumb.jpg.b9530b8b24b73efeaf0c1b6b80f54d24.jpg

This next recipe stuffs the chicken and uses their own seasoning salt which can be found here: https://thisoldgal.com/this-old-gal-house-seasoning/

Then, the recipe for the chicken can be found here: https://thisoldgal.com/rotisserie-style-whole-chicken-air-fryer/

rotisseriechicken3.jpg.3744cb7075fb56dc879f5152ccb2d379.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 15

Thanks everyone for the wonderful Bon voyage ❣️. It’s great to be back on a BHB. Two and a half months was too long away. Happy 4th anniversary to the Daily and to everyone 😘. Susan 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Well, if this is a day where everything goes right and everything I do is right, that will be a big change and one I would welcome 😉 

Anxiously awaiting my doctor’s report on my X-Ray and hopefully there is a solution to the pain 🤞 First available was not until Wednesday ‘sigh”

In the meantime, tomorrow is a big day for some of us.  So, to get you all in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day (or St. Paddy’s day):

IMG_2204.jpeg.a0f627e8018cdd286ce06e28cb0a6db8.jpeg

As is traditional we have not great weather for it 😂 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

Another nice day, sunny and 85.

Good selection of days but not wild about the quote.

The rotisserie chicken should be good.

Just back from our Saturday morning breakfast at our favorite diner, had a nice ham and cheese omelette with grits and whole wheat toast, the bad news is that breakfast before Covid and other craziness was 5.99, now it’s 12 bucks, with tax and tip breakfast is now around 30 dollars.

Good day on the course yesterday as we came in second in the Friday Men’s Day mini- tournament, we shot 109 with 2 best balls in a Shamble format plus we won 2 teams skins, all told each guy on our team won 40 dollars, sure beats working and it paid for breakfast.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 22
  • Haha 3