Does every room get a royal blanket in Alaska?

Or is it balcony or suit or upon request?  

The blankets for sale in the precruise section including birthday stuff and chocolate cover strawberries.  It's like 39$.  

I remember seeing some people report 1 was in the room when they arrived and others said they had to purchase.  We have 10 people going in may on ovation but some are inside rooms and some balconies.  

This is what I am asking about.  So the questions are.

Anyone have 1 in the room?  

Anyone get 1 to use upon request?

Or did they have to buy it?

Screenshot_20240323-132447.png

40 minutes ago, miyanc said:

This is what I am asking about.  So the questions are.

Anyone have 1 in the room?  

Anyone get 1 to use upon request?

Or did they have to buy it?

Screenshot_20240323-132447.png

I think they are kind of big or at least I remember reading in on the cc forum.  Make sure you have room in suitcase to bring home.

I asked our room attendant for an extra blanket and sat on balcony at Day 2 on our cruise watching the small boat go out to the glacier in May 2022.  I think it was our only semi cold day as we had a beautiful week with no rain and we were all wearing shorts.

• Like 1

They do check out blankets at the towel station on the pool deck.  Fairly small, similar to a lightweight checked Pendleton.  We didn't have any in room last two trips Aug/Sept 2023 on Radiance.

Not worried about carrying space.  On none Alaskan cruises I generally hang out in various spots around the ship if not on my balcony.  I wish there were more hammocks on ships, I would love to dangle.  I wanted to mainly get them as gifts for the others in our party.  I am hoping for good weather but wouldn't mind it to be on the colder side of good.  Just less wet. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, miyanc said:

Or is it balcony or suit or upon request?  

The blankets for sale in the precruise section including birthday stuff and chocolate cover strawberries.  It's like 39$.  

I remember seeing some people report 1 was in the room when they arrived and others said they had to purchase.  We have 10 people going in may on ovation but some are inside rooms and some balconies.  

Nothing in the room. In 2022, we got blankets, but it was on request and we were in a suite. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Three Alaskan cruises and never seen a blanket in my room for that purpose...  I saw people wrapped up in them up on the deck but never bothered to find out where they came from.  

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Nothing in the room. In 2022, we got blankets, but it was on request and we were in a suite. 

Did you keep them and or charged for them?

3 hours ago, LeeW said:

They do check out blankets at the towel station on the pool deck.  Fairly small, similar to a lightweight checked Pendleton.  We didn't have any in room last two trips Aug/Sept 2023 on Radiance.

9 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

On some cold weather cruises you can check out blankets like towels. Same place, on the pool deck.

This seems to be fairly standard practice for the Alaska cruises now. They were nice to have, but yes, small and fairly lightweight. Nothing like the ones you can buy through the cruise planner, which are quite large and a cozy, thick fleece.

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

This seems to be fairly standard practice for the Alaska cruises now. They were nice to have, but yes, small and fairly lightweight. Nothing like the ones you can buy through the cruise planner, which are quite large and a cozy, thick fleece.

Ty

• Like 1

The blanket you can buy through the cruise planner is a much larger and better quality blanket than the fleece blankets they sell on the Alaska sailings.  If you are looking for a nice blanket, order it through the cruise planner.  If you are just looking for a cheap blanket, get one of the ones you can buy onboard.

You purchase it and it will be in your cabin when you get there.  I purchased 2 for our Alaska cruise in Sept. 2022 and was told they were sold out and I would get a refund.  Fortunately for me our genie found one and got it for us.  They are very nice fleece blankets and we have enjoyed the memories it brings.

• Like 2

I have read so much about the blankets being sold out and people not getting them on board. I ordered one for each of the grandkids so hoping they have them for our July cruise. 

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

You purchase it and it will be in your cabin when you get there.  I purchased 2 for our Alaska cruise in Sept. 2022 and was told they were sold out and I would get a refund.  Fortunately for me our genie found one and got it for us.  They are very nice fleece blankets and we have enjoyed the memories it brings.

This ^. People saying they were in their cabin are just saying that is where they found it after having purchased it before the cruise. Ours was not in our room when we got there so we asked the cabin steward and it was there when we returned from dinner.

11 hours ago, Woodmnky said:

The blanket pictured is for purchase.  I brought a vaccum bag to bring it home and my son loves it.

I was just going to day this. The vacuum bad for Alaska is a great addition to your packing skills.