Jim_Iain - Live - comparison of Oceania Regatta - Vista Suite to Celebrity Millennium Royal Suite

Jim_Iain

Hi Jim

looking forward to your review, this ship is the same as all the Azamara ships. We loved most things about Az but prefer the suite life on X. 
Have a great cruise p, stay safe.

• Like 2

Looking forward to follow😁

The itinerary is a good itinerary in my perspective. (specially if I needed to fly all the way from Oslo;) 

Will be fun to see what you think about the ship and service onboard. (we have seen some itineraries that are tempting for us.....)

Happy packing🥰

• Like 2

Aloha. Always enjoy your reports and pictures especially food lol.  Have been blessed to sail R class ships for years and enjoy the small ships of yesteryear. I value your opinions because I believe we enjoy similar experiences.  We have a few long cruises scheduled for later next year and thereafter but have placed our living in Hawaii part time because we are now grandparents so staying at our New York abode for a bit. Thus we are living vicariously through you! Enjoy.

• Like 2

Looking forward to following along as usual. Its an interesting itinerary, having just come back from a Norwegian Fjords sailing, its one that we would be looking to do in the future

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks much.   This should be a fun experience.   It is a little scary stepping out of a 24 year comfort zone.  

Jim, I am excited to be following along! I have already followed your comparison on the Oceania board  with enjoyment. Thanks for the great reviews!

Yes, It is a little scary stepping out of a many year comfort zone. I did so in 2022 with Silversea and this year with MSC. It is not just the new ship/onboard unknown experience that is scary - each different cruise line I want to try has a web site I need to learn how to navigate, various promotions that I need to understand, figuring out what is actually included/extra, what's the dress code... do I need a different travel agent for the new cruise line?? and on and on...

So much easier to stick to what I know and enjoy but I am finding it very enjoyable to venture out of my comfort zone and your review will go a long way in helping me decide if I should add Oceania to my must try list.

Thanks for all your contributions to CC.

• Like 6

Jim, excited to finally be able to following along from near the very beginning.

Will also be following your adventure from the Oceania board, both for the commentary and the pictures!

Both of you have a safe and outstanding cruise!

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

Looking forward to reading along as you venture out of your comfort zone.

Your comparison with X’s Millennium class will be interesting.

This will be about as close of a comparison you can get on X.

Tim and I sailed on our first R-class vessel with Azamara in 2022.

The R-class design is traditional, cozy, and intimate like a boutique hotel.

A nice environment to get your bearings on a new line.

Little chance of sensory overload unlike larger vessels.

We have another much-anticipated Azamara sailing to Iceland next year.

We are currently on our first Edge-class cruise and our verdict is still out.

Oceania has been on my radar for a long time.

Could likely wallpaper an entire room with all the mail they used to send me.😂

Safe travels to you and Iain.😃

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, billc23 said:

It is not just the new ship/onboard unknown experience that is scary - each different cruise line I want to try has a web site I need to learn how to navigate, various promotions that I need to understand,

So true.  I have my third Windstar cruise booked this year.  I booked in June with an All Included booking perk.  I was in the process of making final payment with my TA this week and forgot to give him the 3 digit code for my credit card.  I was reading a post on Cruise Critic Windstar page which just happened to mention the promo and how it included double the 5% loyalty discount.  What??!!  

The short blurb on the itinerary page mentioned nothing about it.  When you looked at the detail of the promo under the Specials page it mentioned the double discount.  Called the TA and got repriced.  The Taxes/Fees had also decreased by $80 pp (which Celebrity doesn't change after original booking) so my savings were over $700!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, Jim!  Really looking forward to following along on your latest adventure.  We are very interested in your comparison of Oceania to Celebrity.  Love the itinerary you have chosen, which includes some new ports for us.  We hope you and Iain have a safe trip.  Bon Voyage!

Mike and Mary

• Like 1

13 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Should be fun.  If I’m not mistaken the Regatta is roughly the same layout and size of all the Azamara ships (we’re “cheating “ with one of those in November.   I’ll look forward to your impressions.  

We’re “cheating” as well on Azamara Onward!

• Like 2

Add me to list of people very interested in your review, we have done M class several times in royal suite and have it booked again in March . I am guessing Regatta is a ex renaissance ship? Our first European cruise in 2001 was a renaissance ship , fantastic cruise .

• Like 1

So looking forward to following again! Love your posts, we too have been trying a few different type of cruises.Last year we did Oceania for the first time on one of their R class, had a lovely cruise but the ship was a bit too small for us. Have been fortunate to of sailed most S class and M class,will try the Ascent in 10 days first edge class.then follow it with  our first experience of MSC. In the Yacht club so 3 weeks in the Med. Have a great trip both of you. Dianne

• Like 1

looking forward to Jim`s review as we board the Regatta on the 26th when he debarks. 

This will be my 5th O cruise. I do like the O class ships better than the R class, but we enjoy driving to the port with no air involved. 

Just came off the Edge Alaska cruise a few weeks ago. Although I have enjoyed the E class ships in the past, I did not enjoy this time. It seemed way too crowded and very loud music noise throughout the ship. 

Looking forward to a quieter ship. Cheers, Heather

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing how they compare.  We’ve been pretty much with Celebrity since 2006.  

There’s lots of experienced folks here looking around and I have been looking around at various other cruise lines. One deciding factor will be dress code (eye roll) and whether it’s the same casual affair as Celebrity is today (which is what I’d want)

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1