Stupid Question, please do not flame me

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:23 AM.
#21
Ontario
3,288 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
OP, I agree with others who have said you might not be able to go to dinner in those jeans, lunch should be OK. Try one night and see, if you have to change it will only take a few minutes. As for the fashion element, ripped jeans are not my cup of tea but then again I'm old and still waiting for Leisure Suits to come back into fashion.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
“Many of the things you can count, don't count.
Many of the things you can't count, really count.”
- Albert Einstein (or William Bruce Cameron)
#23
Sandusky Oh
4,005 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by uneamie
Hmmm....where have you been the last 5 years?
Nope they are just negatively commenting on posts as always. It's their trend!🤔
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SS Emerald Seas - 1978
Fascination - 2002
Triumph - 2005
Freedom - 2009
Victory 2012
Destiny - 2012
EPIC 2015
Vista 2018
Bliss 2019



URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]


#24
Sweden
2,917 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by Nebr.cruiser
For lunch, fine. For dinner, they might or might not let you in. Why not just wear a similar pair of jeans without holes. Nice dark wash skinny jeans can look fabulous with a cute top.

For total truthfulness, I have never liked the 'holey' trend.
I really agree with you and don't like that trend. The problem is that it's very difficult to find lighter, in color, jeans without holes, at least where I live!

To the OP, for lunch I think your jeans will be ok.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked:
2019 MSC Divina, Caribbean, 11-nights, MSC Yacht Club deluxe suite (15004)

Completed:
2017 MSC Meraviglia, Mediterranean, 7-nights, MSC Yacht Club deluxe suite (15013)
2015 Norwegian Breakaway, Southern Caribbean, 12-nights, The Haven Penthouse (12706)
2012 Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean, 7-nights, The Haven Courtyard Penthouse (17002)
2011 Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean, 7-nights, The Haven Spa Suite (14145)
2009 Norwegian Jade, Ireland, 5-nights, Penthouse (8632)
2008 Norwegian Jewel, Transatlantic, 11-nights, Balcony (10034)
2006 Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean, 11-nights, Balcony (9576)
2004 Norwegian Wind, Hawaii, 11-nights, Superior Oceanview (0010)
#25
5,532 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
As others have stated, the ripped jeans will be ok for lunch in the MDR. Difficult to say about dinner, in the formal MDR or LeBistro. I have worn unripped skinny jeans with a dressy top to dinner with no problem.

To be on the safe side, bring some unripped jeans for "just in case."
#26
Alabama
1,001 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Why risk it? My vote-go with the dress code. Wear a nice pair of unripped pants for dinner. Or a sun dress. Or a nice tunic and leggings. The folks I saw in Le Bistro and Cagney's were dressed very nice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Carnival cruise to the Caribbean 2002
Windstar 8-2013 Istanbul to Athens
HAL 8-2014 Alaska
Getaway 5-29-16 Western Caribbean
Getaway 9-19-2017 Baltic Capitals
#27
6,438 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by Seminole1975
Why risk it? My vote-go with the dress code. Wear a nice pair of unripped pants for dinner. Or a sun dress. Or a nice tunic and leggings. The folks I saw in Le Bistro and Cagney's were dressed very nice.
The OP is asking about lunch. I don’t know if my teenaged daughters even have unripped jeans at this point!
#28
Alabama
1,001 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by mjkacmom
The OP is asking about lunch. I don’t know if my teenaged daughters even have unripped jeans at this point!
The OP was also asking about dinner. I do not know how old the OP is.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Carnival cruise to the Caribbean 2002
Windstar 8-2013 Istanbul to Athens
HAL 8-2014 Alaska
Getaway 5-29-16 Western Caribbean
Getaway 9-19-2017 Baltic Capitals
#29
We live on a small lake in rural Nebr.
7,905 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by sverigecruiser
I really agree with you and don't like that trend. The problem is that it's very difficult to find lighter, in color, jeans without holes, at least where I live!

To the OP, for lunch I think your jeans will be ok.
Really? I can find lots of them even in our very small 'city'--but then I am not looking in Juniors; I am assuming the OP is rather young, just going by the way she states things.

It might be harder this time of year, though, to find lighter jeans. I have to admit I rarely wear real jeans anymore, preferring 'kind of'' skinny jeans with stretch. I say kind of because at my age I buy my 'skinny' jeans a size larger than I actually need so they are not plastered to my body.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SciFi
#30
1,788 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Originally posted by Bootman4U
Ragged clothes are NOT 'super cute.' They are ragged and make people look like a street person. Funny thing about stupid questions: they get stupid answers.


The OP said nothing about ragged clothes. The OP should be fine everywhere besides Le Bistro and the more formal MDR. I mean hell you can even wear shorts to these venues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#31
7,374 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by Moby0215
The OP said nothing about ragged clothes. The OP should be fine everywhere besides Le Bistro and the more formal MDR. I mean hell you can even wear shorts to these venues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be, might not be okay. As was mentioned before the dress code specifically addresses torn clothing. It will be a call by the MDR hosts which is hit and miss.
#32
Sweden
2,917 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by Nebr.cruiser
Really? I can find lots of them even in our very small 'city'--but then I am not looking in Juniors; I am assuming the OP is rather young, just going by the way she states things.

It might be harder this time of year, though, to find lighter jeans. I have to admit I rarely wear real jeans anymore, preferring 'kind of'' skinny jeans with stretch. I say kind of because at my age I buy my 'skinny' jeans a size larger than I actually need so they are not plastered to my body.
I'm 46 so I 'm not looking in Junior but it's still hard to find lighter jeans without holes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked:
2019 MSC Divina, Caribbean, 11-nights, MSC Yacht Club deluxe suite (15004)

Completed:
2017 MSC Meraviglia, Mediterranean, 7-nights, MSC Yacht Club deluxe suite (15013)
2015 Norwegian Breakaway, Southern Caribbean, 12-nights, The Haven Penthouse (12706)
2012 Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean, 7-nights, The Haven Courtyard Penthouse (17002)
2011 Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean, 7-nights, The Haven Spa Suite (14145)
2009 Norwegian Jade, Ireland, 5-nights, Penthouse (8632)
2008 Norwegian Jewel, Transatlantic, 11-nights, Balcony (10034)
2006 Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean, 11-nights, Balcony (9576)
2004 Norwegian Wind, Hawaii, 11-nights, Superior Oceanview (0010)
#33
Arkansas
32,615 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by DirtyDawg
OP, I agree with others who have said you might not be able to go to dinner in those jeans, lunch should be OK. Try one night and see, if you have to change it will only take a few minutes. As for the fashion element, ripped jeans are not my cup of tea but then again I'm old and still waiting for Leisure Suits to come back into fashion.
Gee you mean, they went out of style. I had better tell some the guys in our church that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000,HAL 2001, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004, NCL 2005, Celebrity 2005.NCL 2006, Celebrity 2006, HAL 2006, NCL 2007.Princess, 2008. NCL 2008, RCI 2008,Princess 2009, NCL 2009. NCL 2010, NCL 2011, Princess 2011, NCL 2012, NCL 2013, NCL again 2013, Princess 2014, NCL 2014, again 2014, 2015; about 2 do another NCL.
#34
South Carolina
30,961 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
The jeans the OP descriped aren't what NCL means by ripped/torn jeans.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
#35
7,374 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by OCruisers
The jeans the OP descriped aren't what NCL means by ripped/torn jeans.

LOL...ripped and torn isn't a gray area. They are either ripped/torn or they aren't. "Fashionably" ripped is still ripped.
#37
Trinity, Florida
383 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Imo you're except for formal night in the MDR. Be and come and go as you want. You spent the money on the cruise and its your vacation, not others.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
#38
Orlando FL
214 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Why not just follow the rules. Its not that hard.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Panama Canal 2019
Bermuda NCL 10/13/2018
Sailed:
NCL Southern Caribbean Dawn 12/3/2017
NCL Eastern Caribbean Epic 11/20/10 (Thanksgiving)
NCL Western Caribbean Dawn 1/24/10 (Birthday)
NCL Bahama Sky 1/29/10 (B2B)

Dawn and DH James