Escape to sail from NYC in 2018???

shipfriend_max

Back in 2005, we sailed on RCCL from Boston to Bermuda to Caribbean to Boston. It was 10 great days. If only someone would revisit this type of itinerary with more days and I bet more of us from the Boston area would be standing in line to book these. I think we stayed in Bermuda for 2 days.

Back in 2005, we sailed on RCCL from Boston to Bermuda to Caribbean to Boston. It was 10 great days. If only someone would revisit this type of itinerary with more days and I bet more of us from the Boston area would be standing in line to book these. I think we stayed in Bermuda for 2 days.

I would love that! Tired of the Dawn.

This article from 2015 is basically saying that the higher ups would like to see Boston become a year round cruiseport. I think it will happen eventually. My husband and I frequent the Seaport District often. Its one of our favorite places to go visit and hang out when we are in Boston. Theres an excellent selection of restaurants and the views are just spectacular. That whole area has really emerged over the past several years and it only continues to grow. It just seems like a no brainer to me to have cruise ships sail out of Boston year round. Put in the money needed to make the necessary changes and the returns will pay for itself. :)

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12008-boston-aiming-for-year-round-operations.html

Edited by Chesneygirl

Just my opinion but I think NCL should read opinions of their ships. One of the top complaints for the Escape is lack of pools. They should take a page from Princess and add a adult pool on the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This article from 2015 is basically saying that the higher ups would like to see Boston become a year round cruiseport. I think it will happen eventually. My husband and I frequent the Seaport District often. Its one of our favorite places to go visit and hang out when we are in Boston. Theres an excellent selection of restaurants and the views are just spectacular. That whole area has really emerged over the past several years and it only continues to grow. It just seems like a no brainer to me to have cruise ships sail out of Boston year round. Put in the money needed to make the necessary changes and the returns will pay for itself. :)

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12008-boston-aiming-for-year-round-operations.html

I stayed at the Seaport Hotel last year and thought it and the area were great (my company has a location on Channel Center Street) with a lot of different options. I would be happy to see them bring a larger ship to Boston. For us, the logistics of sailing from Boston would probably be easier than sailing out of NYC.

I would love a larger ship and more options from Boston. I can almost walk to the dock from my office in the Seaport area. New hotels and restaurants are opening all the time so visitors would be well taken care of too.

I love seeing the Dawn every Friday morning and wishing I was boarding instead of going to work! A 10 day with Bermuda and other islands, or Canada/New England without having to go to NYC would be amazing.

One of the top complaints for the Escape is lack of pools. They should take a page from Princess and add a adult pool on the rear.

If the next Breakaway Plus ship adds an adult pool to the rear (H2O) and gets rid of the grotto, the adults only pool in the front would probably be open to all.

It would help with spacing but they'd still have to come up with a better solution for the depths of the pools.

It would help with spacing but they'd still have to come up with a better solution for the depths of the pools.

Could not agree more, the lack of additional pools on the Escape for 4000+ people is compounded by the fact that the pool is 6.5 feet in depth. Luckily I can tread water since I was a lifeguard over 35 years ago, but a 3.5-4.0 foot depth would make much more sense so people could stand and have a conversation. It would also be better when the pool no longer is adults only because the shallower depth would be better for kids.

Interesting to see that their current approach may not be as successful as they hoped. RCL seems to have no problem adding significant additional capacity to the Caribbean.

but a 3.5-4.0 foot depth would make much more sense so people could stand and have a conversation. It would also be better when the pool no longer is adults only because the shallower depth would be better for kids.

I always had a hunch that the depth was purposefully meant to prevent exactly that. With such limited pool access, I could see why they wouldn't want the same crowd of people standing shoulder to shoulder in the water the entire day.

The problem is the ceo is not passionate about Ncl nor what the consumer wants. He is becoming desperate and figures every last dollar he is trying to squeeze will save his position , yet consumers will go elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

the population of Boston is less than 10% of NYC. Why would it make sense to add ships there?

Sailing out of Boston would draw people in from all over New England -Maine, NH, VT, CT, RI and MA not to mention Canada and other parts of the US. Boston has a lot to offer!!

• 3 months later...

If NCL takes Escape out of Miami for spring/summer 2018, MSC's Seaside will steal even more of NCL's customers. I'm already going on Seaside but I've been impatiently waiting for spring/summer 2018 Escape's schedule.

If rumors are true, color me disappointed....:(

Edited by Two Wheels Only

• 2 weeks later...

Got some inside information that the Breakway and or the Gem will be moving to Europe to make the space for the Escape. Having been on all three of these ships, they're all amazing but Escape has nailed every aspect of what they were trying for with Breakway. That's just my opinion. And the Gem will always have a place in my heart. I also think they just can't fill the ships in Miami in the summer where in NYC they'll fill two Escapes if they had them.