I know it's not RCCI...but a bit of an oops on the MSC Armonia in Roatan today.

Those Italian drivers......

I think Italians make great engineers and physicians. Not sure about drivers. Maybe the Captain was distracted by some ravioli at a critical moment.

I don’t think having the anchors down was helping much.

I haven't read the cause for this allision yet (other than the obvious), but that anchor being down and no line handlers on the dock tells me something went wrong prior to the final approach.

I haven't read the cause for this allision yet (other than the obvious), but that anchor being down tells me something went wrong prior to the final approach.

It would seem that it may have been a mechanical issue and not the ravioli issue.

I haven't read the cause for this allision yet (other than the obvious), but that anchor being down and no line handlers on the dock tells me something went wrong prior to the final approach.

I'm no expert but it looks like the bow thruster is still turning even after it came to a stop. Am I wrong?

Also, the dock is parallel to the shore so the ship would normally be turned 90 degrees by then so as to berth at the dock. She’s also coming in with still quite a bit of headway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow that is not a good day for all involved. Will be interesting to see what they do if the ship isn't seaworthy. A quick Google search shows that this cruise left out of Cuba. My assumption is that the majority of passengers are from Europe and have return flights departing from Cuba. MSC will have to get them back somehow!

This video is very choppy at first. But skip to about the 2:55 mark and you see they are pumping a lot of water out of the hull. It does back off of the shore as well and the pumping stops. Around the 5:25 mark it zooms in to the damage to the side of the hull. Hard to imagine it is sea worthy without patching that whole first.

Edited by LS6Caddy
grammar

This video is very choppy at first. But skip to about the 2:55 mark and you see she they are pumping a lot of water out of the hull. and does start to back off of shore. Around the 5:25 mark it zooms in to the damage to the side of the hull.

Isn't that just the water from pulling up the anchors?

Water flowing out of the hawse pipes is for rinsing the anchor and chain as it is raised. Otherwise, the chain locker would be full of mud. The large spray of water coming from there is perfectly normal.

Edited by Aquahound

We are currently on Liberty of the Seas, supposed to visit Roatan tomorrow. We just heard a message from the captain that we will have to miss the port because of the damage to the pier. He also said the other ship probably won't be able to leave (not sure for how long). We will be having an extra sea day.