Hull Art for Carnivals new LNG ship

Fairsky84

Steal cutting for Carnival’s new LNG ship began today. To celebrate the cruise line revealed a new look for its largest ship ever.

It’s nice to see Carnival do something new to the look of their ships, but I’m not sure about this design. Specifically, the dark blue doesn’t appear to match the blue used on Carnival’s iconic funnel. The dark blue makes thes ship look more stately than fun; more Holland America or Cunard than Carnival.

AD2DB70B-C5CB-46F7-A302-28E439E594ED.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm torn over this....I love the way the traditional ships look, and I just don't know how to feel about this new design. Maybe I just don't take change well. The new design is more elegant looking, but it just doesn't look like a Carnival ship to me.

I quite like it.  I'm sure the ship will look just a bit different in person, especially the relative size.  The sheer number of balconies makes for a slightly monolithic look, broken up by the insets and pop-outs a bit, fortunately.

I wonder what it will look like having this XL ship beside Symphony of the Seas in port?  Any 3D artists want to have a go at a rendering?

I like the new livery a lot.  Looks fresh and updated.  The current livery isn't bad, it's very clean and white, but it has been pretty much the same thing for 30 years now (longer?).   It's about time to update it.

That said, it certainly isn't as bad as the RIDICULOUS lips and eyes on the Aida ships.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jeff92k7 said:

I like the new livery a lot.  Looks fresh and updated.  The current livery isn't bad, it's very clean and white, but it has been pretty much the same thing for 30 years now (longer?).   It's about time to update it.

That said, it certainly isn't as bad as the RIDICULOUS lips and eyes on the Aida ships.  

OMG I can't stand those lips! I see them and cringe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I like the new look!

I agree - I too like the fresh new design. Looks like a wave.

Only one thing, as someone above mentioned,

the shade of blue at the bow could be (a good bit) lighter

I still think when the Empress of Canada was becoming Mardi Gras, Carnival should have changed Canadian Pacific's red to purple, and left the green. Throw some gold colored trim on that, and Carnival would have well, Carnival (i.e. Mardi Gras) colors.