Cannot stay logged in.

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t need help. I know it’s a problem that a help desk can’t help. 

I went to Ask A Cruise Question because I wanted to know if it’s just me, and there’s no Ask A Question thread. 

That's what the "Need Help Using the Forum?" is all about.  Technical help related to the boards.

33 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t need help. I know it’s a problem that a help desk can’t help. 

I went to Ask A Cruise Question because I wanted to know if it’s just me, and there’s no Ask A Question thread. 

I've been successful with asking questions or reporting an issue by Emailing CC at: help@cruisecritic.com It's been the last  two revision to CC that I have to log back in to CC once I log off my computer. I use a laptop/windows 10/ME or IE.  

Edited by davekathy

45 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

That's what the "Need Help Using the Forum?" is all about.  Technical help related to the boards.

That is what the “Help” is for, I agree. 

If I needed help navigating Cruise Critic, that’s exactly where I’d go. 

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

That is what the “Help” is for, I agree. 

If I needed help navigating Cruise Critic, that’s exactly where I’d go. 

It seems to me that a question about why CC is logging you out when it hasn't in the past would qualify as asking for help on the forums.

3 minutes ago, milogurd said:

Many users in many forums cannot stay logged in.

Have to log in on every time we check in to followed forums/topics.

What's up? 

If you scroll down the page a bit, you'll find two other threads already running on this subject.

Basically, the cookies that Cruise Critic use to keep us all logged in aren't working properly.  There have been people who haven't been able to remain logged in since the changeover in October.  But the last 3 days it seems to be hitting everyone.

In theory, "they're working on it".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Not finding it too much trouble to have to have to log back in.

Only takes about 5 seconds by just clicking user name and then user password.  Two quick clicks and I'm signed back in.  :classic_wink:

Where do you click your username if you're not logged in?

9 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

It seems to me that a question about why CC is logging you out when it hasn't in the past would qualify as asking for help on the forums.

But I wasn’t asking why or for help. I know why, and I know there’s no help. I was asking if others are  experiencing the same problem. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

But I wasn’t asking why or for help. I know why, and I know there’s no help. I was asking if others are  experiencing the same problem. 

Your question wasn't related to cruising (Ask a Cruise Question), it was related to using the message boards/how the boards operate.  This thread has now been moved to the appropriate forum for that discussion.

11 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Not finding it too much trouble to have to have to log back in.

Only takes about 5 seconds by just clicking user name and then user password.  Two quick clicks and I'm signed back in.  :classic_wink:

11 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Where do you click your username if you're not logged in?

Actually, it's three quick clicks.  Click the "log In" at the top and then go from there.  

Today I have been having to login when I have been away for several hours.  In the past, It would switch to login when I exited from a thread, but wait a few seconds and it says log out again.  but about an hour ago, it would say login, switch to logout, and before I could even click on a thread, it would go off again,  Like a blinking light.  I managed to click on this thread dueing the micro second between changes...I rebooted my computer last night, might have to dump cookies, too.  EM

I have my password saved and until a few days ago was permanently logged in on this site.  I've checked my stored passwords and can't see why there is a problem.  Now I have to log in each time I come onto the site and worse still, it often toggles between Login/Log out so quickly I have trouble posting.  (This is a good moment!  I'm taking my chances to see if there is any help or suggestions out there!)   This scenario occurs across three devices so I'm at a loss.  Anyone else having problems?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

I have my password saved and until a few days ago was permanently logged in on this site.  I've checked my stored passwords and can't see why there is a problem.  Now I have to log in each time I come onto the site and worse still, it often toggles between Login/Log out so quickly I have trouble posting.  (This is a good moment!  I'm taking my chances to see if there is any help or suggestions out there!)   This scenario occurs across three devices so I'm at a loss.  Anyone else having problems?

There’s Been a problem this afternoon. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

Les.

19 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I really, really (really) do know how to use Roboform. I've had it for donkey's years. I'm on a desktop computer, not mobile. The login process just sometimes won't take my password.

I wasn't having any issues with RF using the same method, windows/Firefox so I asked. I was getting kicked out all the time but one click login with RF. I didn't have any issues yesterday with my Android phone.

It would be really nice if they could solve the login issues. I am surprised they didn't seem to do much testing of their code / methods.