MSC is absolute garbage.

lbt43

If Americans keep hating on MSC, their prices will stay low. We are over-the-moon excited about our 11-day Yacht Club next January. The only reason we can afford it is because of their terrible US reputation. Keep hating, haters! I'm expecting a fantastic experience for a really, really good price that is comparable to a regular balcony price on other lines.

Stay away from MSC, very very far away! I need these prices to stay low, or we'll only be doing YC the one time.

🙂

• Like 6

I booked a cruise for November 2017 on one of the Carnival ships. I had to call their customer service, and after getting off the phone I was like, I hope their onboard services will be much better and friendlier. Then fast forward a few months, I found out about MSC, and the Divina that sailed the similar Eastern Caribbean itinerary. The only difference was the price, about 400 dollars cheaper than Carnival. I called MSC with a few questions. The first random service rep I talked to was so convincing and knowledgeable that an hour later my Carnival cruise was cancelled, and we had a booking on the MSC Divina. Of course, I do not know how the Carnival cruise would have been, but our cruise on the Divina was fantastic. So fantastic that we are seriously considering trying the Seaside next year. I cannot wait, and I do not care what everyone else says about MSC. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion based on their experience. We simply loved the Divina and the MSC product overall. 

• Like 2

This will be my first MSC cruise, but we're diamond on RCL  and I've worked in the industry, so have some knowledge.

I did my booking online, but called customer service to upgrade my drink package. I knew I'd be on hold awhile, so I put the phone on speaker and kept doing house work, whatever, until they picked up (about 15 minutes). (Multi-tasking).

In one phone call, the very pleasant young man I spoke to found my online status match application, gave me my status upgrade on the spot and my Voyager number, gave me the 5% refund, discussed the differences in the drink packages (just described, he did not try to up sell), upgraded my beverage package, applied the refund to the beverage fee  and reminded me that I needed to do a separate status match app for DH (which I did, and we got his number in a few days). 

So I'd give my first experience with MSC customer service a grade of 10 out 0f 10. (I hate to even say it, don't want to put the jinx on).  

• Like 3

1. I have to say that my niece and I have been dealing with customer service for several months and they are the worst I've ever dealt with.  Wait times on the phone have been 20-40 minutes to begin with.  They have screwed up birthdates,  completely changed the billing on our account.  I sent an online complaint over a month ago that has been completely ignored. sure hoping the cruise goes better than the time leading up to it.

I must say any time I've called the UK operation the attitude of the staff (as well as their knowledge about the product) left a lot to be desired.

Very constrained by process and unwilling to do anything more than the minimum to help with any enquiry I've had. Combined with the poor website and MSC's shoreside experience leaves a lot to be desired.

Luckily, the shipboard experience is infinitely better. I also like the look (not used it enough to test the functionality) of the new website (existing bookings pages).

17 hours ago, lbt43 said:

I really don't care what you guys think of MSC.  Its trash.  100%.

Hi

You have been member of Cruise critic for a number of years now. You must understand that generalized statements like you have made are useless, typically disregarded, if not ridiculed,  and would suggest more about your disposition than anything else. 

If you are serious, you need to be more specific. If there was a question that you were unsure of, did you not think that perhaps asking this forum you might get a better response that an uninformed customer  telephone rep?

Gust suggesting...if you really have a problem, explain. Otherwise, your statement say too much.  

• Like 3

On 3/1/2019 at 12:08 PM, cruiser man 60 said:

I have never had a problem getting through and always speak to a very helpful person. I am in UK so maybe it's just the American staff where there is a problem.

I'm in South Carolina.i had no problems the 3 times I called for my two bookings.the first time I used a gravel agent and he put made up information in my booking I had to correct .msc did it really easy.i booked a while ago directly and had no issues actually got a better deal.than with the travel agent.i guess it's luck of the draw.

I know that the OP is being blunt and dramatic, but I do understand where he/she is coming from. The first time I sailed on MSC in 2016 aboard the Divina, I had all sorts of issues with the website and calling their customer service. It was truly nightmarish at times. Even after they’d fix something, there would be another glitch with our reservation that the couldn’t quite figure out. I hoped that the less than stellar service wouldn’t translate into a bad cruise experience (and thankfully it didn’t).

Fast forward to last year when we sailed on the Meraviglia. From the moment we booked the cruise, it was an absolutely flawless and seamless experience. The website worked the way it was supposed to, and my calls to customer service were handled courteously, professionally, and quickly. The actually cruise was beyond amazing. 

I’ve been crusing for over 35 years and I’ve sailed on most major cruise lines. After our last MSC cruise, they have now moved to the top of my list. The cruise was that good, and they have made major improvements. 

I’m actually grateful that they are maintaining their identity and not trying to be like the American cruise lines. That’s a HUGE reason why I like MSC so much. Our last few cruises have been on Disney, Royal Caribbean, MSC, and Carnival. and each one has been a reminder why we love MSC so much. 

I’m sorry that the OP and other MSC haters feel that way, but at the same time I do understand that there’s not a single cruise line that can make everybody happy. That’s why there are several cruise lines out there. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

To the OP, I suggest you "get beyond what you pay for" and book Yacht Club.  Most negative reviews are "Bella" etc.: I think you would end up enjoying MSC, in YC, as it is a completely different experience. 

10 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

To the OP, I suggest you "get beyond what you pay for" and book Yacht Club.  Most negative reviews are "Bella" etc.: I think you would end up enjoying MSC, in YC, as it is a completely different experience. 

Although, we have done two Fantastica Inside Cabin cruises on Divina and found them to be wonderful experiences! We did an Aurea Balcony on Seaside cruise this past November, which was equally wonderful! And, we are booked an Aurea Inside for NYE this year. MSC offers an incredible cruise experience and, quite honestly, all of my experiences with shoreside customer service have been great. Am thinking the energy the OP keeps sending out into the World is the energy they are getting back. 

40 minutes ago, Omega1 said:

A troll who has been a member for almost 13 years?

Just a guy having a bad day - we all have them.

Yeah, we all do.   But one can express a negative without it being a flaming rant!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lbt43 said:

So?

By making this an inflammatory rant with no real substance you have robbed yourself of any credibility.  I'm sure many of us who sail MSC have had some form of trouble with MSC US shore side.  Perhaps we all know it can be bad and have seen other posts about it so we may appear a little unsympathetic.  Regardless, at this point without any tangible information your opinion and this thread will float off to nowhere as it will be disregarded by most of your fellow CC'ers and anyone who may be reading at MSC.