Is anyone excited about the Carnival Panorama?

Carl Nival

She's the last Vista class ship.  She'll be sailing out of Long Beach, California.  I think she might be setting some new records for a Long Beach cruise port.  Biggest and newest, perhaps?  And she's going to be very female.  A female cruise director AND a entertainment director.  She's like the Star Trek: Voyager of cruise ships.  In all seriousness, I think I'm going to sail on her ASAP.

• Like 1

Not excited at all. Already cruised on Vista and Horizon, so nothing on Panorama excites me, although if I was a kid the jump zone, whatever it is called, might appeal to me. On the other hand, I am definitely looking forward to Mardi Gras and already have a cruise booked on her. 

1 hour ago, Carl Nival said:

She's the last Vista class ship.  She'll be sailing out of Long Beach, California.  I think she might be setting some new records for a Long Beach cruise port.  Biggest and newest, perhaps?  And she's going to be very female.  A female cruise director AND a entertainment director.  She's like the Star Trek: Voyager of cruise ships.  In all seriousness, I think I'm going to sail on her ASAP.

Not me....I just did the Horizon in April and was not a fan of that class.

My favorite ship is the Breeze.    I missed the glass elevators, the grand atrium, the nice theater etc.    My next cruise is back on the breeze next april.

I’m looking forward to my February cruise on the Panorama.  We really enjoyed the Vista.  My only disappointment with the Panorama is they decided to put a bouncy room in instead of the IMAX.  If they didn’t want to commit to the IMAX I with they could have come up with something a lot better than a bouncy room.

• Like 3

Only cruised on Splendor, so looking forward to being on the Panorama, with the restaurants and more that weren't on the Splendor.  Very excited, but then all cruises excite me.  Only 29 weeks to go.

• Like 1

I am very excited! Going on the Panarama in April. I have been on the Valor and the Legend...both had the huge atrium with the glass elevators. But last ship I was on was the Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam...much simpler and smaller atrium. I have loved them all.  

Isn't the Panorama LNG powered?  I'm interested to see how that turns out.  Hopefully the tech lives up to the hype and it becomes  a cleaner and more efficient model than the regular diesel powered ships we all sail on.

As far as trampolines and bouncy rooms, I'm thinking it's better for the kids to be in there than bouncing down the hallways, elevators, or other public areas.

55 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Isn't the Panorama LNG powered?  I'm interested to see how that turns out.  Hopefully the tech lives up to the hype and it becomes  a cleaner and more efficient model than the regular diesel powered ships we all sail on.

As far as trampolines and bouncy rooms, I'm thinking it's better for the kids to be in there than bouncing down the hallways, elevators, or other public areas.

I think the Mardi Gras is the first LNG powered ship. The Panorama is 3rd in the Vista class. 

• Like 1

We are booked for the Valentine's week cruise next year.  I've never been on a brand new ship and looking forward to that.  California always seems to get the older, smaller ships and I'd like to try all the specialty restaurants.  We've booked the Havana aft wrap and the Havana concept interests me too.  Cuban music at night sounds good with a mojito!  Not excited about the bouncy house, would have much preferred an IMAX or even a small movie theater like ships used to have to attend a movie on the sea days.  I do want to try the sky cycle.  Since we live in California, not having to fly and take extra days off work to get back and forth from the east coast, and not having to adjust my body clock will save us money and lots of time.  I have great hopes that it can become a yearly get-away for us for the five or so year more we'll be employed full time before retirement.

• Like 2

I don’t know if excited would be the word for me, but it’s nice to have a new ship on the WestCoast. I am going on the Splendor on her last cruise to Mexico, then staying on for Singapore, so if and when I book the Panorama, it will be down the road a bit. Might be fun for a family cruise with daughter and 2 grandkids.

• Like 1

Have cruised the Mexican Riviera a zillion times. Nearness to the port (no airfare), the port facilities (think Hughes Dome now completely utilized) and my favorite Mexican ports. I never tire of it. Have been booked on the PANORAMA for many months for the January 18th cruise in an inside cabin with portholes. Usually book 3-5 days before the cruise, but couldn't risk being SOLD OUT of my cabin preference so I wait . . . and wait . . . and wait.

• Like 1

I' m booked for January 2020. 

However my excitement for any of the Vista class ships is low.

• The  reported design for the main theater's do not seem to audience  friendly.
  • Losing space for the comedy club venues do not sound audience friendly.
  • The Spa's on the vistas ships from reports and pictures do not even compete with the Carnival splendor or especially the NCL breakaway class ships. I haven't been in the Carnival Dream class spa's  to compare. Did not realize what I was missing on my Dream and Breeze cruises.
  • The main thing that bugs me about the Vista class ships is the fact that that removed the 4 hot tubes located on deck5 that are located on the Dream Class ships. These really helped to disperse passengers throughout the ship. Now I Feel that they have left these out on purpose for the sole purpose to generate extra money by inciting people to spend more money for the Havana Class Cabins so that they can achieve an exclusive area of the ship with limited access. Yet at the same time even the pop out for the former hot tubes are still in place on deck 5. If Carnival continues with this trend we will soon find out they are just like NLC where Only the people paying the High prices for the Haven will even be able to the access the front of the ship on the outside decks. This was the case for our cruise on the Bliss last October.

The main reason for this cruise in January is because it works for our group. We are all on the west coast. I am only 80 miles out of Long Beach, the others can fly in easily.  

10 hours ago, ronbe65 said:

Yes. 

Until the first major LNG-related incident.

You do realize that several freighter type ships are currently underway  utilizing LNG for fuel

For years LNG have been transported around the world with no issues.

Also my home towntown public bus service have been utilizing LNG for the last several years.  Other bus systems have been doing it longer.

FEC railroad have also been utilizing LNG for fuel up and down the east coast of Florida.