Lost laundry

slyster

I’m on board freedom and we did the wash and fold laundry bag yesterday.  Two bags were returned to us today right after dinner  but they were not our clothes. My ticket was there with my name, stateroom number, and number of items.  They seemed to write down another cabin number on my slip though. 

Has anyone ever experienced their laundry being lost and not returned?  There were new swim suits, new shorts, and a couple of new t shirts included.  Some other older stuff but I would sure hate to lose what I just bought. 

Any experiences?  Our cabin attendant said If they were definitely lost, they would reimburse us. I would rather get the articles of clothing back.  

Edited by slyster

We've only used it once, but made sure it was only underwear and cheap t-shirts that we wouldn't care if it was lost or ruined.  Wouldn't trust them with shorts or anything new that we valued.  Hope it works out.

Edited by bouhunter

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I take a picture of the items I am sending.

I do this as well. It has come in very handy the couple of times things have not come back. We got everything back, but the pictures helped greatly. Also helped us to realize that the items were missing as we were able to compare what we sent with what came back. I can never remember that information.

7 hours ago, phabric said:

I take a picture of the items I am sending.

We do this too, but  we’ve never had any laundry lost. Damaged? Yes -lost no.     We only  send shorts and tees , underwear socks and swim trunks.    I think that’s basically everything on the list except maybe they also add pajamas.   And we only send clothes that we know can be washed in hot water and dried on high heat

M

Had laundry lost once, but got it back the next day.  I never put anything buy workout clothes, tshirts, socks and underwear in the laundry.  I don't want my swim suits and cover ups or any of my good shorts/tops in the dryer, so I just bring that stuff home to wash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question about laundry.....can I put lights and dark in the same bag?  Will they wash them together and ruin stuff?  I want to try it this B2B as we may be booking longer cruises.  I usually just bring enough to last us the 2 weeks.  I won’t send out anything really nice but still don’t want underwear ruined.  I’m thinking underwear and work out short and tops.

I have sent out single items before but never use the wash and fold bag.  

Smart idea to take a pic before you you stuff the bag.

Edited by cruiselvr04

17 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Question about laundry.....can I put lights and dark in the same bag?  Will they wash them together and ruin stuff?  I want to try it this B2B as we may be booking longer cruises.  I usually just bring enough to last us the 2 weeks.  I won’t send out anything really nice but still don’t want underwear ruined.  I’m thinking underwear and work out short and tops.

I have sent out single items before but never use the wash and fold bag.  

Smart idea to take a pic before you you stuff the bag.

They will wash everything in the wash & fold bag together, you cannot make any requests.  If you need special handling, then use the full price laundry order form.

As D+ we each get at least one free bag (depends on length of cruise) and we use it at least once.  I will say we never get ours returned the next day, it's usually two days.  Someone has your laundry and hopefully they return it.  They normally put stickers on items to identify. I'm wondering how they managed to confuse loads because each persons' should go in a separate bag to be washed in so they don't get mixed up in a load.  Someone doing laundry just wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.  I will say I would never put swimsuits or new t-shirts in.  They use extremely hot dryers and hot water.   We only put in underwear, t-shirts and socks in the bag.  I rinse our swimsuits out in the sink.  Shampoo works great to wash them with.  Roll in towel and hang to dry.   Let us know what happens.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:48 PM, slyster said:

I’m on board freedom and we did the wash and fold laundry bag yesterday.  Two bags were returned to us today right after dinner  but they were not our clothes. My ticket was there with my name, stateroom number, and number of items.  They seemed to write down another cabin number on my slip though. 

Has anyone ever experienced their laundry being lost and not returned?  There were new swim suits, new shorts, and a couple of new t shirts included.  Some other older stuff but I would sure hate to lose what I just bought. 

Any experiences?  Our cabin attendant said If they were definitely lost, they would reimburse us. I would rather get the articles of clothing back.  

Was your laundry ever found?

We had 2 socks get lost from the wash and fold bag. I know because I was careful with matching them up before putting them in the bag. The socks were never found, but it wasn't a huge deal they were just socks, one was my daughter's and the other was my husband's. We didn't ask for reimbursement and wasn't offered anything. 

We also had a pair of pants that was sent out in the normal full priced laundry along with a couple of other things. The pants were eventually found and returned 2 days later. 

Yes two days later.  We had just received a free voucher to wash the clothes we had and they asked we give them another day. I’m not sure what they would have done if they didn’t find it though.  

when it was returned there were two pieces of someone else’s clothing there.  Our room attendant takes it away and apparently ran into the owner of the blouses so she was happy too. 

• Like 1

Have never sent laundry on Royal but always on Celebrity.  Had pair of slacks come back looking like PJ's once and DH had new golf shirt come back looking like it had been washed with bleach.  Took shirt to Guest Services and they asked what I paid for it.  Gave us OBC for the cost of the shirt.  Also got someone's bra once and gave it to room steward.

Will be on Brilliance for 10 nights in June so will have to send laundry.  Always mark items and colors on laundry slip but will follow suggestion of photos.

Never understood the laundry need. We just wash any of the clothes we need and hang them to dry after we've "towel dried them." I guess we just don't feel comfortable having strangers touching our "stuff," personal and otherwise:)

• Like 1

Never did the bag thing but have sent out dry cleaning. Hubbys brand new white dress shirt ( just took it out of the package to pack for the cruise) . sent it to be cleaned starched and ironed ...Got back some ones old dingy white shirt. Never did get his shirt back.

2 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Never understood the laundry need. We just wash any of the clothes we need and hang them to dry after we've "towel dried them." I guess we just don't feel comfortable having strangers touching our "stuff," personal and otherwise:)

Try going out on ships for more than 14 consecutive days and your perspective might change.    We plan on using the wash n fold instead of washing smelly undergarments in the sink. You can only  pack so much when flying in.

• Like 1