Two Missing Balconies on Allure! (see photo!)

Nado44

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If I recall correctly they have done quite a bit of this balcony  replacement within the past year on either Oasis or Allure.  Must be bad welds. 

They were doing the same type of major repair when we were on Oasis last year. Several balconies were removed right after we docked in Port Canaveral at the end of our cruise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If I recall correctly they have done quite a bit of this balcony  replacement within the past year on either Oasis or Allure.  Must be bad welds. 

That's not very good news.  I wonder if the welder worked on any other parts of the ship.🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

They were doing the same type of major repair when we were on Oasis last year. Several balconies were removed right after we docked in Port Canaveral at the end of our cruise.

During our month long stay on the Oasis in 2017 we saw four balconies removed when in port and then, of course, replaced with new ones.  So I asked the Captain, who frequently had breakfast in the Coastal Kitchen, what was going on.  He said the original ones were corroding (rust) rapidly and the replacements would "hold up"  better.  They had a two year program to replace all of the exterior balconies.

Edited by Tagsalong
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tagsalong said:

During our month long stay on the Oasis in 2017 we saw four balconies removed when in port and then, of course, replaced with new ones.  So I asked the Captain, who frequently had breakfast in the Coastal Kitchen, what was going on.  He said the original ones were corroding (rust) rapidly and the replacements would "hold up"  better.  They had a two year program to replace all of the exterior balconies.

Wow, interesting...