Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

Friday, October 17

Departure day has finally arrived.  We got up at 6:30 and had a quick shower and shave.  The first thing I did was checked the status of our flight and the inbound flight.  Fantastic!   Everything is on time and it is a beautiful clear day.  

We took Uber this morning to the airport for a fare of $22 including tip.   Very light traffic in our direction and we’re at SJC in 15 minutes.    

Checkin was a little slow as the agent had to book our luggage through to Rome.  Since our reservations were on 4 different record locator numbers it took a bit of work to combine them.  

We are at the gate and ready to get going. 

D64A219C-4304-47F4-8ED5-DC1763036B9F.thumb.jpeg.1c54813f907c2b286358fa31f7d2f6cd.jpeg

9CBE904F-F770-425F-B325-4636C052DCDD.thumb.jpeg.4a8a4f113c11c86486810919db21c6b6.jpeg

• Like 9

15 hours ago, silkismom said:

Hi Melody, so you did the round trip back to Hawaii, just several years later 😄. Did you go back to the Hale Koa? 

We did, top floor, oceanfront room for our 50th anniversary. Much preferred the Vancouver to Hawaii with the five sea days up front 

1C7C6CFB-6F87-4F0B-ACED-19F7F9B28E77.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Friday, October 17

Departure day has finally arrived.  We got up at 6:30 and had a quick shower and shave.  The first thing I did was checked the status of our flight and the inbound flight.  Fantastic!   Everything is on time and it is a beautiful clear day.

Safe Travels, but I'm guessing you meant today, Friday, October 18 ???

We made it to LAX perfectly on time.  We had to change terminals from 3 to 2.   We opted to walk which is a great pleasant 5 minute stroll.  

TSA pre was quick and we are in the Delta lounge.  The agent had a little difficulty getting their system to recognize that everything was ok with my passport and then reprinted my boarding passes.  

We are having coffee and a light snack before boarding. 

Hollywood Sign

FE85E548-416A-44C6-BB83-831FD5F93576.thumb.jpeg.6151b02bab0fd991eec294283bbcef4a.jpeg

571D925A-C527-4F48-94FA-0B3BDE4B816B.thumb.jpeg.3298ab90b47f6f00a6d213ddb698041d.jpeg

89479EBF-B2A1-43C3-8CF4-6948ADACAD2D.thumb.jpeg.17cd4f82b8f600ec89b17086b15fc98d.jpeg

• Like 2

Jim, enjoying the start of another of your wonderful travel blogs!  I'll point my daughter to this as she will be sailing Edge in December of 2020.

Now, if you will forgive me, I need to ask you about the weather on your Vancouver/Tokyo cruise last month.  I read it with great interest as I'll be doing the same itinerary next year, in September as well.  I'm assuming the temps were probably in the 60's while in the Behring Sea, getting a bit warmer in Japan?

Thanks again for sharing your voyages with all of us!!

Donna

Just discovered your thread.  We did this B2B on Reflection in 2016, absolutely loved the Greek Isles, except for Santorini.  Very crowded and a very long wait (1 - 1 1/2 hours) to take the cable car down to the tenders. Enjoy your flight to CDG.  Will be following along.  Safe Travels.

• Like 1

Looking forward to your review as always. We got off the Edge a couple of weeks ago. It was an interesting cruise as we missed Katakolon and Nafplion as Captain Kate substituted Rhodes and Chania so we could stay in that part of the Aegean allowing us to get to Mykonos and Santorini where winds had prevented us from getting to earlier in the cruise.

It was a great cruise though.

• Like 1

We did the Greek Islands on our first Celebrity and European Cruise in 2008 for our 30th Anny.  Lucked into a great cruise as did not know what I was doing.  

Have done 6 more Mediterrean cruises along with 3 TA's.  Just returned from a Baltic's Cruise on Royal Caribbean.

Have been to Malta a few times and did a tour similar to yours but also toured Mdina (had been there on a previous cruise) when we could not do a BLue Grotto boat tour due weather issues.  If you have time, have the tour drop you in Valletta.  It is a great pedestrian city with lots of restaurants and an easy down hill walk to the ship.

Santorini was beautiful - took city bus to Oia - a white knuckle trip.  We were there in November so not so many tourists.

Look forward to your blog.

Gail

Thanks Jim.  You & Iain look like you’re settling in for your flight!    We are in Copenhagen, starting our NCL Getaway TA tomorrow.   Following along - will most likely binge read the majority, when we get home in 3 weeks.  Wishing you both 2 amazing cruises!