Another Annoyance

Just off Harmony on 10/13 after 2 weeks. 

People using their screens to photograph or record during shows is really becoming a big problem, in my opinion.

They hold the screens up to take the pic, usually blocking part of the view or at least distracting those behind them. Venue doesn't matter: it happens in Aqua Theater, main show room, and the ice shows. We've noticed this on other Oasis class ships, but it seems to be much more commonplace now. 

(Besides annoying us on the cruise they'll no doubt hold folks at home hostage to watch them, or worse never even look at them again, but I digress.)

Not as big an annoyance as the good old chair hogs, or Diamond Club chair hogs, but it is getting there.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Diamond Dandy said:

People using their screens to photograph or record during shows is really becoming a big problem, in my opinion.

They hold the screens up to take the pic, usually blocking part of the view or at least distracting those behind them. Venue doesn't matter: it happens in Aqua Theater, main show room, and the ice shows. We've noticed this on other Oasis class ships, but it seems to be much more commonplace now. 

(Besides annoying us on the cruise they'll no doubt hold folks at home hostage to watch them, or worse never even look at them again, but I digress.)

Not as big an annoyance as the good old chair hogs, or Diamond Club chair hogs, but it is getting there.

Noticed here too.

I noticed this for the first time at Grease this week.  The couple in front of us both had their cell phone cameras out.  Luckily, they only took a few pictures but they weren’t being inconspicuous.  They were holding them out at arm’s length.  

2 hours ago, Diamond Dandy said:

Don’t go to a concert. Much worse. Thats why we buy tickets in the first few rolls. 

Axl Rose and Slash

EA9BDC83-79B6-4EA5-B58A-22F7AD4A17E0.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Highly disrespectful to the performers as well. Some will refuse to continue the show until people stop. And so distracting to audience members sitting behind.

I was in a theatre where people on the side balcony were recording. Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant tour. You would think that age group would know better. The usher spoke to them but they continued. At intermission I went to the lobby and bought the CD. Walked up to them very friendly and said I'd like them to have this, so you can watch the show later without recording on your phone. They protested "youuuuu don't have to do that" but I said I really would like y'all to have it. I can hope when they look at the CD it makes them think.

• Like 3

On Celebrity prior to the Celebrity production shows they make an announcement encouraging the audience to take pictures and video and share it on social media. They advise you not to take pictures or video of the guest entertainers. We usually sit within the first two or three rows so others screens don't interfere with our views. I'm tall and probably make a better door than a window for some behind me. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I'm tall and probably make a better door than a window for some behind me. 

You should see the hat I have started wearing.  🤣  j/k

I still laugh thinking about a gentleman in the row in front of me move over 1 seat. "So I don't block your view" he said.  He was much shorter than me. 

It should be like an actual Broadway production - put your devices away (on silent) and enjoy the show or incur the wrath of ushers...

Just last year I went to a Broadway play in NYC - didn't see a single device out recording...

• Like 2

SAME - I also want to know what people do with all of these videos and pictures they are constantly "shooting"  Oh wait..they posted it on their IG stories and have about 100 different "stories" of the same crap thinking we all want to flip through that!  LOL at the poster who mentioned firework shows too.  LOL  

5 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

I've noticed this more and more.  If people want to take a few pictures of the theater before the show starts, that's fine.  However, once the show starts, it's not acceptable.  

I agree, but it’s not going to change. Royal—— always terrified of offending someone—— will do nothing, unless the performers demand it. 

mac_tlc

• Like 4