Princess.com

Bgwest

I have to use Chrome in lieu of Firefox to be able to log in.  I get Pricing Not Available when signed in.  I sign OUT and then the prices appear.  I HATE this new format.  My obstructed balcony on Emerald deck on the Sky is now shown as Interior, huh????  Yes, I know to go under interior to search for obstructed balcony. It is showing me multiple decks where obstructed balconies do not exist, Why???  Also if I use balcony instead of Interior to look for an obstructed balcony, it also shows multiple decks and deck 8 sold out.  WT???? are they doing?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I have to use Chrome in lieu of Firefox to be able to log in.  I get Pricing Not Available when signed in.  I sign OUT and then the prices appear.  I HATE this new format.  My obstructed balcony on Emerald deck on the Sky is now shown as Interior, huh????  Yes, I know to go under interior to search for obstructed balcony. It is showing me multiple decks where obstructed balconies do not exist, Why???  Also if I use balcony instead of Interior to look for an obstructed balcony, it also shows multiple decks and deck 8 sold out.  WT???? are they doing?

I would give the Princess IT department a 2/10 generally.  

• Like 3

I have always used Safari on my Mac to access with no problems.

Now I can’t get in.  I get the”We are having issues”

message.

Phone rep told me to try another browser.

That is ridiculous.  Why should I have to change.

it is their problem to address

• Like 1

For the first several days last week I was able to at least get partially into the site before it gave me the “technical difficulties“ screen. Now I can’t even get that far.

THIS IS INSANE. 

Princess, are you seeing any of these posts?

• Like 2

I posted this in the other thread:

I was having the issue that everybody else has been reporting.  It appears that Princess performed some type of webpage update which altered the information that is stored in cookies OR changed a couple of key loading pages.  Once I cleared BOTH cookies and cached pages (with Chrome) I was able to login just fine.  Note: the front page that loads looked RADICALLY different than what had been loading (for me) before I cleared cached pages.  Their coding gurus appear to have made some assumptions that don't fly in all circumstances.  This might explain why some people have no issues with one or more browsers and/or devices.  Settings on different devices and browsers (especially in regards to cookies) can make all the difference!

• Like 2

Yep, its still not working completely. I can get logged in, get to the summary info for my next cruise and then I get the sorry we are having technical difficulties. My cruise is in 8 days.

I am not going to worry about anything because I have all my documentation printed out already. Its just nice

to go to the website and see that you will be cruising soon, very soon. I feel sorry for those who have not done this.

I do not think its on our end, I do think Princess is getting ready for the Best Sale Ever and its causing conflicts which from my experience with such as an employee, this is normal IT gotta try this to see if this will work. Yep, that did it. Wait! Now this isn't working right. 😏

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problem with Princess.com. I haven't been able to get pricing on any cruise for nearly a week now. I get the Pricing Not Available error code every time, even on my saved cruises. I've cleared my cache and cookies and it's still not working. Very frustrating!

• Like 3

Onboard Coral I stopped by the Internet managers desk a few minutes ago to find the Internet manager and one of the white uniformed officers in a very serious heads down discussion talking about Princess.com.

They were discussing workarounds to keep the onboard customers happy but when I inquired about the nature of the workarounds it got ice cold and quiet.

They totally had no desire to engage in conversation with me to talk about solutions. 

Thanks for nothing Princess. 

• Like 3

Deleted Safari’s history & cookies and installed Chrome...both show prices when not signed in but pricing is unavailable when signed in.

I noticed the problem over the weekend & figured is was another wonky weekend on their website while making changes...wrong! 🙄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LAS!!1414 said:

Princess rep said Chrome has made some changes that cause problems on their web site -- both are working on resolving the issues.  

The fact that Princess is acknowledging the problem is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Mine seems to be working again for the first time since Sunday morning.  Just tried when I got home from work and was able to get pricing.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

What browser are you using?

Did you clear cookies or do anything else special?

I have been playing in Princess.com for several minutes now and this change was not at all about loading in the new sale.  They have done several design changes with the booking process.  

These are my observations:

1.  The graphical presentation after selecting cabin type (which is after selecting number of pax( has changed.

2.  You are now presented with two choices:  "Best Value" and "Best Price".  The Best Value includes the latest promo benefits, while the Best Price is the lowest stripped down basic fare cost with no benefits/amenities.  This seems to partially respond to the idea that customers ought to be able to see and select from all possible fare options.  In this case, they are presenting both as Refundable Deposits.

3.  It is not necessarily obvious at first that "Best Price" means no promos/goodies/benefits.  It does become apparent for sure after selecting a cabin and the pricing window pops up as there is no red flag or info on the promo.  Shopper beware!!

4. If shopping "normally" (Best Value), you are presented with the ship diagram (same as Best Price) and you pick the section of the ship.  Here things are almost normal, except when the ship deck plan is presented after your selections, all available cabins seem to be a SINGLE COLOR - dark green - and I saw the same thing across 4 different cruises and ships.  No longer are the other cabins marked "SOLD".  No longer can you tell from the color codes what category you are looking at.  There is also no option to click to show other cabin category status in the section of the deck plan you are viewing (link has been removed).

5. When you click on a potential cabin to book, a pop-up window came up with the details.  Now, there is a small intermediate window that summarizes the cabin only and does not disclose the category.  It really tells you nothing and you click CONNECT and then get the full pricing info on the cabin that we are used to seeing.  It is only at this point that you find out whether it is a F, E, B, A, etc.  This is where you also see the promo information and a link to pop-up what is included if needed. 

6.  They have updated the deposit info as it was asking for $200 USD/pp. 

7.  The rest of the process is the same - hold or pay.  Unfortunately, so option to pay deposit with FCD.

Don't want to be all negative, but the "Best Price" option is of no interest to me.  About all I really don't like is the loss of the color coding of cabin categories. 

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I have been playing in Princess.com for several minutes now and this change was not at all about loading in the new sale.  They have done several design changes with the booking process.  

These are my observations:

1.  The graphical presentation after selecting cabin type (which is after selecting number of pax( has changed.

2.  You are now presented with two choices:  "Best Value" and "Best Price".  The Best Value includes the latest promo benefits, while the Best Price is the lowest stripped down basic fare cost with no benefits/amenities.  This seems to partially respond to the idea that customers ought to be able to see and select from all possible fare options.  In this case, they are presenting both as Refundable Deposits.

3.  It is not necessarily obvious at first that "Best Price" means no promos/goodies/benefits.  It does become apparent for sure after selecting a cabin and the pricing window pops up as there is no red flag or info on the promo.  Shopper beware!!

4. If shopping "normally" (Best Value), you are presented with the ship diagram (same as Best Price) and you pick the section of the ship.  Here things are almost normal, except when the ship deck plan is presented after your selections, all available cabins seem to be a SINGLE COLOR - dark green - and I saw the same thing across 4 different cruises and ships.  No longer are the other cabins marked "SOLD".  No longer can you tell from the color codes what category you are looking at.

5. When you click on a potential cabin to book, a pop-up window came up with the details.  Now, there is a small intermediate window that summarizes the cabin only and does not disclose the category.  It really tells you nothing and you click CONNECT and then get the full pricing info on the cabin that we are used to seeing.  It is only at this point that you find out whether it is a F, E, B, A, etc.  This is where you also see the promo information and a link to pop-up what is included if needed. 

6.  They have updated the deposit info as it was asking for $200 USD/pp. 

7.  The rest of the process is the same - hold or pay.  Unfortunately, so option to pay deposit with FCD.

I have had most of the changes you describe for the last week or so.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, franktown said:

I have had most of the changes you describe for the last week or so.  

I should also give kudos where due as I had not checked this before just now.  They appear to have fixed that very annoying behavior that when you have selected a subset of cruises and then delve into one and then later back out expecting to see your list - it was gone after a previous update.  Now, it is working again, so if you back out, your list and the selection filters are preserved and you don't have to re-enter all the search criteria again to get back the list you were interested in. 

• Like 1