Live from the 2020 Grand World Voyage

Scrapnana

So sorry about all this, Kathi!  The whole world has come to a grinding halt.  At least you are able to disembark in Fremantle, I was afraid they were going to refuse to let you port in Australia.  Hurry home, Canada just announced flight restrictions, the US may do the same.  

I'm happy to read that all you have to do is pack, and HAL will ship possessions home to you. Obviously, you'll want a suitcase or two with you, but this is so helpful. Packing is a big enough job. 

Kathi, very sorry about the trip being canceled but glad to hear that the Australian government has relented to allow the ship to dock in Freemantle and allow everyone to fly home. I know that Rodney and Marilyn are relieved, along with other Australians and, I imagine, a few from New Zealand, to have a shorter trip home.

Hope you're able to obtain a reasonable flight schedule home. I would imagine you may have to stay in Perth for a few days before you get a flight home.

Also, most US airlines have drastically cut their flight schedules within the US.

Please take care and let us know when you get back home.

Looks like Amsterdam is following Seabourn Sojourn (at quite a distance) on the way to Freemantle/Perth. Crystal Serenity is behind Amsterdam (also at distance) with a destination indicated of Geraldton, also in Western Australia but located north of Freemantle/Perth. Queen Mary 2 and Costa Deliziosa, in the meantime, have departed Freemantle after disembarking their pax, and are both headed westbound in the Indian Ocean. Privately owned residential cruise ship "The World" is still berthed in the port of Freemantle. Perth Airport will be a busy place for a while

Perth Airport took out the honours for the best overall quality of service for passengers and airlines.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Wehwalt said:

Pacific Princess World Cruise was also headed to Fremantle last I checked. They have been at sea since March 3.

Sure looks that way with a March 20 arrival. She does not show live on AIS and her last position there shows her westbound from Sri Lanka. That has obviously changed

Safe travels home and thank you so much for your blog....I have enjoyed reading so many of the world cruise blogs...and am so sorry it has come to this.  Let's hope and pray next year is different.

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Does Copper or anyone, know if the Regent Mariner has reached Perth. A friend of a friend is on that ship. Thanks.

Yes, Seven Seas Mariner currently shows off the coast of Freemantle/Perth

Not sure

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Privately owned residential cruise ship "The World" is still berthed in the port of Freemantle.

Not sure what's going on with the World.  No signs of any activity on her so I guess her pax have been sent home but don't understand why she is still berthed.  QM2 was given a deadline to get out of the port (Termination of cruise was just announced Sunday AM so getting everybody to hotels and/or flights is an ongoing challenge 2 days later).  Hopefully, HAL will have arrangements for Amsterdam guests well in hand when she arrives.

Roy

• Like 4