Guy's burgers

airdale

Wow thanks for the link!  The links wouldn't work for me BUT I slipped over to "youtube" , did a search for Guy's burger and a couple of videos came up.  So thank you for that information.

Made me really wanting a burger!  I will go out today and get one for lunch!

I now see where I will need to ask for two (2) "MEDIUM, PINK IN THE MIDDLE, NOT PRESSED DOWN", with cheese...juicy juicy, juicy burgers on one (1) bun.  Thanks!  Don

P.S.  NOW I HAVE TO WIPE THE DROOL OFF MY KEYBOARD!

11 minutes ago, airdale said:

Drinal01, I can save on for you but it might get cold!

Five., what is with the Blue Iguana topping bar?  And it is for fries?

It is for the tacos/burritos at the Blue Iguana.  Not sure what exactly he puts on his fries, but there is shredded cheese, salsas, pico, sour cream, lettuce (granted at both stations). 

13 hours ago, zorky12 said:

Yes you can with no problem and no tip necessary. When your in line just ask them when they ask you what you want. You may have to wait a few seconds and people can go around you but they will give you a medium cooked one. I did it every time on my cruise on Vista.  

I'm a vegetarian and always get a bun with cheese and fries from Guys. By the end of the cruise, they remember me and start my "special" order when they see me in line. I usually tip them at the end of the cruise for taking care of me. :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, airdale said:

What is with the Blue Iguana topping bar?  And it is for fries?

The 'Salsa Bar' at the Blue Iguana Cantina 🌯 🌮

It depends what you like to dip your fries in🍟 

😊  😊

carnivalglorysalsabar1024-DSC00221.jpg

CS0061-JPG.jpg

carnival-imagination-carnival-40601.jpg

Blue-Iguana-Cantina-Carnival-Horizon-sal

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan
  • Like 1

The hot sauce selection is much better at Blue Iguana. And I usually put bacon, salsa, maybe guac, beans, peppers. Whatever catches my eye.

It's not for fries, but I've never been hassled by combining Guy's fries and Blue Iguana toppings.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Joebucks said:

This is ironic that this comes up so often. Some people say the burgers aren't juicy, some say they are too much so.

I always enjoy a good burger. I don't find Guy's to be greasy at all.

One complains they are pressed and too dry....the next too greasy and then they piggy back off each other thinking they have helped prove some point.

Here is my take....it is a beef burger grilled on a flat top.  There is nothing abnormal about the state in which it is served.  The highlight is the extensive toppings so you can make it what you want.  I really don't know what some people are expecting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, clo said:

Not trying to bossy. Just something we do a gazillion times. Here's one 🙂

latest burger.jpg

Guess what that looks like.....a burger.  

People try so hard to make a burger into some sort of 'gourmet' offering.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Guess what that looks like.....a burger.  

People try so hard to make a burger into some sort of 'gourmet' offering.

I don't think I've ever seen a "gourmet" burger. What's on them?

I try not to eat a lot of burgers. In fact, after an e coli outbreak in the 90s I quit them completely for years.

That said, I had one every single day on the Valor on our cruise in November!! I thought they were "juicy" and I am picky about toppings, but loved adding the bacon and the onions to them. 

And they were accomdating to special requests all around me. Enjoy your cruise. Half the fun to me is planning and getting excited about it and I love that you are doing that!

20 hours ago, airdale said:

Is there any way to get a burger cooked "medium, or pink in the middle", right off the grill?  Or are they all pre cooked and setting in a hot pan?  What I have read in reviews and in comments you can, BUT you can't...

3 hours ago, airdale said:

Ha, ha, ha, ha!  WOW, I never even considered that this topic would get the reactions and comment this topic has gotten!  

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

I WILL request two (2) "MEDIUM" cooked burgers fresh off the grill.

RADIANCE CRUISE THIS THANKSGIVING!

Wow is right!! People are telling you how they enjoy their burgers; how to cook a burger, if they are too greasy or not, what toppings to add, etc etc etc..... I'm suprised no one suggested alternate areas of the ship where you should consume that burger, hehehe! What was the original question again, LOL!😂 Yes you can certainly tell/suggest/request for your burger to be cooked the way you wish. Medium, medium rare, well done, rare dripping with blood, just ask. 

#PeopleAreOverThinkingOverAnalyzing 

✌️

Edited by ObstructedView2

On 2/24/2020 at 5:54 PM, Joebucks said:

This is ironic that this comes up so often. Some people say the burgers aren't juicy, some say they are too much so.

I always enjoy a good burger. I don't find Guy's to be greasy at all.

To me there is a difference between juicy and greasy.  A burger can be both dry and greasy or juicy and not greasy (and many other combos).  My experience with Guy's has been greasy to the point I can't tell if it is dry or juicy 😉 but I believe others who have had different experiences.

If they are preparing large but flat patties of ground beef on a flat top it will be difficult to get a true medium rare/medium (pink in the middle) because they cook so quickly.  If your ship happens to have thicker patties then you would have more luck.

19 hours ago, clo said:

I don't think I've ever seen a "gourmet" burger. What's on them?

Generally specialty meats (bison, venison, higher end beef) and/or specialty toppings (high end mushrooms, lobster, etc).  They might be served on an artisanal roll. They probably are not thin, flat patties made on a flat top in 60-90 seconds 😉 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:11 AM, marshhawk said:

I find the Guys burgers not "packed" but a loose patty. Is it greasy? well, not sure, but my tummy doesn't like them much, nor my taste buds.  What is good at Guys is the fries, with BBQ sauce.:classic_smile:

There is a Guys menu, but when I try to order the burger with the onion ring on it, the servers looked confused.  I pointed to the menu, they looked around, found an onion ring, and put it on.  I admit I do have one every cruise, but it is usually as a matter of what is available, when I get hungry. 

I saw on a cooking show the reason that we want well cooked burgers is that while a steak has only one surface where bacteria can grow, and we sear that, ground beef can have all sorts of bacteria in it, and there is no way to kill all the bacteria unless served well done.  That said, Guy's burgers are done, they are not hard as a hockey puck (like Carnival's old burger choice).  I would rather eat it well done, and not risk the "germs".

Enjoy your burger, sorry I cant answer the question, because on  cruise ship I wouldn't order a burger medium rare.

Just ask for a ringer and fries. I’ve never see a guy’s burger guy confused with that.

• Like 3

I just wanted to add - we are big fans of Guys burgers but my special request is for fries without the seasoning, this is never a problem !!  The server just goes into the back and gets a handful of fries before the seasoning goes on them !

• Like 2

The over/under in Vegas is set at 4 burgers for me and 8 for my son on our 7 day cruise starting March 7. Thanks for the thread; I never thought to ask for them cooked a medium! Vegas might need to adjust the line 😉

I can't believe that Guy's Burgers (38%) eked out the Steakhouse (37%) in the recent poll Carnival took with their slot spin promotion.  Basically a statistical tie, but Guy's is an dining experience now?  Jeez!

The question was posed as what is your favorite dining experience.  The Sea Shack was a distant 3rd place finisher.

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

I can't believe that Guy's Burgers (38%) eked out the Steakhouse (37%) in the recent poll Carnival took with their slot spin promotion.  Basically a statistical tie, but Guy's is an dining experience now?  Jeez!

The question was posed as what is your favorite dining experience.  The Sea Shack was a distant 3rd place finisher.

Favorite could easily include value for people, and many people will/have never been to the steakhouse.