P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thanks all it has got worse.  Brother has collected me (and the dogs) I will be soon admitted in Northampton.

Oh no.... but at least you will be in the right place to get better.

Thinking of you  and sending best wishes  v xxx

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thanks all it has got worse.  Brother has collected me (and the dogs) I will be soon admitted in Northampton.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 Emma that your chest infection is sorted at hospital with antibiotics.

Take care.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Oh Emma, I'm sorry things haven't improved, but you're going to be in the best place for a quick recovery.  My best wishes for a swift return home. x

Avril

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Sorry to hear you are not so well. Fingers crossed you get the treatment you need quickly and are soon back home

Michelle

• Like 6

Good morning everyone, and especially good morning to Emma if you're able to read this - hope you're being well looked after, managed to get some sleep last night, and make a full recovery very soon.  👩‍⚕️

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 10

Get well very soon Emma - hopefully some heavy-duty antibiotics will have set you on the road to recovery and you’re already perking up after a bit of sleep x

Morning everyone.  It’s a mild but damp one here.  I have a dentist appointment early, then the engineer is due, to service the boiler.  Quite an exciting day, as days tend to go these days.

Have a good, undramatic, day all, with a bit of sunshine if that’s possible.  At least we have plenty of spring flowers now, with wall to wall birdsong 

• Like 9

Good morning.  Emma @ccpm I hope that you have had a good night and that the treatment that you are getting in hospital has started to work and you are feeling a little better after the night in hospital. 

Take care, we are all praying for your swift return to good health xx

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 10

We have another grey and miserable day here but in the great scheme of things we are very lucky that we don't have the same sort of problems that we are hearing about in other parts of the world.

I can know pray that peace comes soon  for those in danger.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, ccpm said:

I hope you had a good night and are now on the road to recovery. I am sure you are in the best place.

• Like 7

Good morning hope everyone's doing OK.

Two young lads aged 5 and 8 are having a chat about growing up.

The eight year old says they need to swear for this to happen .

Mum shouts them to the kitchen for breakfast ,the eight year old say's 

to his brother "watch and learn "

Mum say's "what you having for breakfast"?

The 8 year old yells "CHUFFIN COCO POPS -NOW"

Mum gives him such a whack and yells " DONT EVER SWEAR AT ME"

Calming back down Mum now turns to the 5 year old and again asks ..

"what you having for breakfast"?

The 5 year old replied .." Well I don't want  CHUFFIN  Co-Co pops that's for sure ":classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Note the above has been cleaned up for posting purposes and no children were actually harmed so Emma if your reading this and the nurses offer you Co-Co Pops they are safe to eat . 

Get well and stay safe everybody :classic_love::classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 15

Morning everyone.

Emma I hope you are feeling a bit better after a night in hospital, and everyone else is well.

Dry and sun is trying to get out down here this morning, a nice change after all the rain we had yesterday, although still on the chilly side.

Nothing exciting planned for me today, just the normal household chores.

Take care, stay safe and enjoy your day.

Pam

• Like 4

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning and that Emma is feeling better.

Nothing except the going to the gym planned for today. It will be usual household jobs and maybe some baking this morning.

Take care everyone and stay safe

Michelle 

• Like 3

I didn't want to start a new thread, but thought I might just  post some news about Saga's Spirit of Adventure.

9 days into a 35 day Caribbean round trip,  the ship has turned around and is returning to the UK (exact itinerary unknown) as the high level of Covid cases aboard, currently 158 (so I'm guessing about 10% of pax and crew) means that they cannot dock at any Caribbean island.  

I guess this shows the perils of cruises with a large number of sea days - the potential for infection increases rapidly,  especially if the weather is inclement,  meaning that everyone is cooped up inside.

Makes flying to the Caribbean,  with HEPA filtered air in the aircraft look more atteactive than ever, although I appreciate that many here no longer wish to fly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I didn't want to start a new thread, but thought I might just  post some news about Saga's Spirit of Adventure.

9 days into a 35 day Caribbean round trip,  the ship has turned around and is returning to the UK (exact itinerary unknown) as the high level of Covid cases aboard, currently 158 (so I'm guessing about 10% of pax and crew) means that they cannot dock at any Caribbean island.  

I guess this shows the perils of cruises with a large number of sea days - the potential for infection increases rapidly,  especially if the weather is inclement,  meaning that everyone is cooped up inside.

Makes flying to the Caribbean,  with HEPA filtered air in the aircraft look more atteactive than ever, although I appreciate that many here no longer wish to fly.

Oh dear.

I wonder how many were “carrying” the virus on boarding and how many acquired it from their new shipmates

Bad news all round.  
The cruise industry is certainly taking a battering these last two years

• Like 1

Been having a fairly quiet week. Voluntary work yesterday (no comment 😂) and a bit of packing up of my dining room, getting ready for the new laminate flooring to be laid later this month. Been into the Old Town this morning for a birthday card and wrote it whilst having coffee. Off for a swim & steam shortly and then out for a meal with a group of friends tonight.

• Like 9