P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We got our brand new Renault Captur on Thursday.

Lovely car.

IMG-20220602-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20220609_152727.jpg

We have a Captur DCI Diesel 110 and love it. (We call it Barnie and if you watch TV you may work that out!) We had it in October 2015 expecting to change it at the end of the 3 years but loved it and kept it. It is a lovely car to drive for both of us (hubby 6ft 3 and me 5ft nothing) and personally I LOVE the reversing cameras and warning beeper thingy as I just don't do spatial awareness. (Hubby loves it as it means the rear end of the car remains bump free and the insurance claims low !!!)

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Soft cuddly ladies or pink birds? A bit of a dark horse aren’t you. 😱 🐴

Bit concerned Pete14 --- should you not be working? Or is it a day off today 😉😉😉 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Bit concerned Pete14 --- should you not be working? Or is it a day off today 😉😉😉 

I have been, some of us have to. 😊. The sea was a bit of a distraction though. We have a big boat / platform thing offshore checking and mending underwater cables. 

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I have been, some of us have to. 😊. The sea was a bit of a distraction though. We have a big boat / platform thing offshore checking and mending underwater cables. 

It's a hard life ...

6 hours ago, pete14 said:

£1500 discount was only available if I paid the balance using Honda finance (at only 5% APR) and don’t pay it off for at least 6 months

Too late at night for me to do the maths,  but Santander personal loans are at 2.8%.

Is the discount worth paying an inflated interest rate ?

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Too late at night for me to do the maths,  but Santander personal loans are at 2.8%.

We had a similar deal from Mazda last year and it was worth paying the interest for 3 months because the interest that we paid was a less than we lost in interest on our Santander account.  I simply set up a one time payment on our account to pay it off as soon as the 3 months was up.

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

As Josy says, yes it is and more so if you pay it off at the first possible opportunity. Obviously it is not the lowest rate around but I think it is more than competitive. To call it inflated is a bit severe, many paying more could say it is deflated. 🥴🚘

• Like 1

Today I am test driving a Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid, unlike my aborted non- Renault Captur Hybrid test drive on Saturday, Toyota have confirmed that have a car to test drive, unlike Renault, question will be asked if folding electric wing mirrors are present and working in the model, after Renault Salesperson’s ridiculous claim that there was a world wide short of chips for folding wing mirrors across all manufacturers. 

Well it is wet and cold here again today after a miserable wet and cold weekend. It could be November rather than June. The newspapers keep saying that there is a heat wave, well not here there is not.

On the bright side there has been very little wind so my apple trees are groaning with small apples ready to grow, all the rain will help with that at least. I love watching nature at work in the garden.

The rhubarb is also thriving so I may just grab some and make a crumble for diner time.

Have a good day, hope you have better weather where you are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

after Renault Salesperson’s ridiculous claim that there was a world wide short of chips for folding wing mirrors across all manufacturers. 

There is a worldwide chip shortage,  hence the 6 to 9 month wait for new cars. Many manufacturers are omitting certain items from new cars, in order to keep deliveries flowing, and I can imagine folding wing mirrors would be one of the features to go.

So the salesperson was correct to a certain extent, but not about folding wing mirror chips per se.

Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok today . Yesterday was a surprise for Mrs K for 

our anniversary as she is a big fan of Art Deco  era and I managed to find a 

four star hotel not to far away that fitted the bill .

The Sunday lunches were out of this world , veg etc ,served like P&O used to

serve. As a further treat we stayed for the night and the breakfast was just as good , 

just about everything on offer as well as fish . I like cruising but for the time being  

I could get used to these staycations . Just had a nice walk around a park next door ,

soon be time for lunch , me thinks the chippy is on the menu today . Catch you all later .:classic_love:

CLOCK.thumb.jpg.ad496683be3701b070d41ca27053099f.jpg

038.thumb.jpg.469c75f0f2155d3aacc7ea2fd485b57f.jpg

1051493130_MEBREKIE.thumb.jpg.10738596ed9d787b75639c14d316a41a.jpg

116.jpg.07bca6cb2ca416072f61700768b7cdeb.jpg

Edited by kalos
park
  • Like 22

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well it is wet and cold here again today after a miserable wet and cold weekend. It could be November rather than June. The newspapers keep saying that there is a heat wave, well not here there is not.

On the bright side there has been very little wind so my apple trees are groaning with small apples ready to grow, all the rain will help with that at least. I love watching nature at work in the garden.

The rhubarb is also thriving so I may just grab some and make a crumble for diner time.

Have a good day, hope you have better weather where you are.

It's  not much better here, we don't have rain but it is only 17°C and very grey though when I got from my regular Monday morning craft group meeting the washing had dried outside.

2 hours ago, kalos said:

serve. As a further treat we stayed for the night and the breakfast was just as good , 

just about everything on offer as well as fish . I like cruising but for the time being  

I could get used to these staycations . Just had a nice walk around a park next door ,

soon be time for lunch , me thinks the chippy is on the menu today . Catch you all later .:classic_love:

You kept that quiet Kalos.

Happy Anniversary Kalos and Mrs Kalos🥂x

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The weather is not too bad here, sunny/cloudy but feels quite warm. Just been to the gym and it says 18 degrees in my car.

Just going to have coffee then it’s dog walking again.

Hope you are all having a nice Monday and looking forward to the warmer weather forecast for later in the week.

I have finished my antibiotics and steroids and I am glad to report my coughing is definitely better, I hope it stays that way because coughing all the time is exhausting.

Michelle

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It's  not much better here, we don't have rain but it is only 17°C and very grey though when I got from my regular Monday morning craft group meeting the washing had dried outside.

“Only 17c” really, my heart bleeds for you 🥵. That’s shorts weather up here.

Sitting at 10 here. I can’t get my sourdough starter to rise as he is too cold. I have had to put the oven on low and sit him near it to get enough heat to get enough yeast for a loaf. He is a great weather barometer.

So much for summer and meantime  Skynews is saying some parts of the U.K. will be hotter than Jamaica. Well heads up,  not up here it’s not!

Im working away listening to a a really good book on audible called “can’t we just print more money” written by Bank of England staff about economic levers and policy, it’s really fascinating. They have based in common questions people have about the economy and it’s written in a really accessible manner.

I tend to listen to stories mostly but add in the odd factual book. Another good one was Invisible Women.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Great photos.

Pleased you had a lovely anniversary.

Graham 

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

It’s chilly here too in the west - I get very jealous of the north/south divide weather wise.   Wish I was back on a cruise again! 

I know what you mean. We were down south at the end of May and could sit outside for our evening meal at the hotel. Indeed I actually needed sun screen.

This has to be one of the most miserable summers on record and it’s almost the longest day! It’s been constantly cold. Let’s hope we get an Indian summer later in the year.

I suppose we are lucky to have the Gulf Stream or it would be even worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I know what you mean. We were down south at the end of May and could sit outside for our evening meal at the hotel. Indeed I actually needed sun screen.

This has to be one of the most miserable summers on record and it’s almost the longest day! It’s been constantly cold. Let’s hope we get an Indian summer later in the year.

I suppose we are lucky to have the Gulf Stream or it would be even worse.

Technically it’s late spring, summer doesn’t start until June 21st at time of the solstice.

The meteorological summer and other seasons only came into use in the early 1990s, before then we only the astronomical definition of the seasons. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Technically it’s late spring, summer doesn’t start until June 21st at time of the solstice.

The meteorological summer and other seasons only came into use in the early 1990s, before then we only the astronomical definition of the seasons. 

Summer doesn’t start at all here! It goes from winter, to slightly less cold to cold again.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3