P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Hope all of you celebrating are having a lovely weekend.  I can forget all your scary energy bill posts for a bit as I’m off to Tenerife on Friday to join Azura - trying to ignore negative comments about her!  🛳😎

We have booked a week on her for February. If you listened to negative comments about cruises, cruise ships, holidays, or life in general, you would .....???🤪

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have booked a week on her for February. If you listened to negative comments about cruises, cruise ships, holidays, or life in general, you would .....???🤪

True.  I am booked for February as well but my final payment date is the day after I return next month, so am waiting to see how it is before I pay up!  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are fine, thank you Graham. 

Have been popping in to keep an eye on you all occasionally, but you soon lose drift of what is going on. 

Finally feel ready to cruise again so have booked Britannia Fjords in June, can't wait. 

It will be 3 1/2 years since our last cruise... Seems like a lifetime. 

Regards to Pauline, 

Andy & Michelle 

Sounds amazing Andy.

I'm really happy for you both.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Have been popping in to keep an eye on you all occasionally, but you soon lose drift of what is going on. 

Finally feel ready to cruise again so have booked Britannia Fjords in June, can't wait. 

Regards to Pauline, 

Andy & Michelle 

Glad you are both OK.

Been to Walton recently  ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Regards to Pauline, 

Andy & Michelle 

Hello, lovely to have you both back on here again 🙂

Which cruise are you on - we are on the half term cruise in May / June to the Fjords on Britainnia. We may not be on the same one - if you're lucky - but we may be able to wave to one another when we get off !!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hello, lovely to have you both back on here again 🙂

Which cruise are you on - we are on the half term cruise in May / June to the Fjords on Britainnia. We may not be on the same one - if you're lucky - but we may be able to wave to one another when we get off !!!

Shame, we are not going until the 30th June, so will be away for Michelle's birthday on the 5th July. 

I didn't realise how much I had missed cruising until we booked this one. 

Can't wait. 

Andy 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Shame, we are not going until the 30th June, so will be away for Michelle's birthday on the 5th July. 

I didn't realise how much I had missed cruising until we booked this one. 

Can't wait. 

Andy 

Is that the one with Marci Pierre White on? 

We can still report back to you when we've been. To be honest it will be our first cruise since August 2019 and I think we have moved this one twice now !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Is that the one with Marci Pierre White on? 

We can still report back to you when we've been. To be honest it will be our first cruise since August 2019 and I think we have moved this one twice now !

Yeah, he is on it, but not too fussed about him, the dates suited us. 

It will be nice to get your feedback. 

Andy 

• Like 2

It's a wonderfully glorious day here: a bright clear 12˚C with the sun filling the main bedroom and the study with lovely warm light... really stunning as that usually doesn’t happen until about 9.30 am. Curtains open... greenhouse effect activated... inside is 10˚C warmer than out despite the fact that we've no heating on and we've used 10% less energy this October than we did in the same period last year!

So for the rest of the winter we're running "British Sunny Time"... up with the sun, enjoy the birds on the feeders, early breakfast, out for a walk, tidy the garden and enjoy the weather come rain, hail, snow, frost, wind, glorious sunrises or amazing sun-sets over the Downs. Life's just far too short to be slaves to the clock!

By the way... the car clock is showing the "correct time" for the first time in six months! ☀️

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

This is the girl who ran up a credit card debt at university and had to work evenings in a fish and chip shop to pay it off - I’m proud of the lessons she’s learned since then about managing finances and avoiding debt!

Learning from your own mistakes is the only way to learn. I learned from mine, and I've never made the same mistake again. 

Avril

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, he is on it, but not too fussed about him, the dates suited us. 

It will be nice to get your feedback. 

Andy 

Oh Andy !. Marco said he was really looking forward to cooking your dinner.🤣

A damp feel to the morning for the last day in October 12C outside, hopefully will brighten up later, however today is rearranging the further upstairs day following completion of decorating, I cleaned the carpet yesterday in preparation. 

Putting clocks back on Saturday was straightforward, as we rarely use the oven clock left that one alone, 2 clocks self adjust as they have a radio connection in them, so only the carriage clock & microwave to adjust. I found that the new central heating timer also self adjusts, the clock in the car also self adjusts as radio/navigation system is internet connected. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, zap99 said:

Lots of criticism for P&O...so. I booked by phone on Saturday and noticed that I had booked to wrong week...Doh!. I phoned this morning at 8.30. Answered straight away and rebooked within minutes. All with a sympathetic.....don't worry sir, we all make mistakes. Thank you P&O

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Nice sunny start to the day here, happy Halloween to those who partake, personally I am hoping it pours down this evening then I can eat all the leftover sweets😁

May be a black-and-white image of text

We purchased some celebrations for the little kiddywinkies.....tonight,lights off and don't answer the door.....more chocolate for us.

• Haha 7

We purchased some celebrations for the little kiddywinkies.....tonight,lights off and don't answer the door.....more chocolate for us.

The forecast here is for heavy rain from 6pm onwards. We rarely get anyone knocking the door on this evening, the steep steps to the front door generally put them off, as it does with the Jehovah’s Witnesses. If anyone makes it to the door we can tell them to go away via the security system, perhaps I will record a manic laugh to play through them. 🤣

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

The forecast here is for heavy rain from 6pm onwards. We rarely get anyone knocking the door on this evening, the steep steps to the front door generally put them off, as it does with the Jehovah’s Witnesses. If anyone makes it to the door we can tell them to go away via the security system, perhaps I will record a manic laugh to play through them. 🤣

If I try our old ploy nowadays.........🤔

Ooooooh  feel really red faced and stupid now🙃

I always get Kalos's jokes.  I love them, but the one above just totally escaped me.  I read and reread, went out of the thread and went back, still didn't get it.

Then I made the big mistake of calling OH who promptly explained it to me in basic simple terms!!!!!!

I fear he will live off that one for the rest of the day!😊🤣😇😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

It’s St Just Feast weekend here, so lots  of locals will have today off to drink & play or watch the various sports Rugby, clay shoot, local hunt have ridden past to meet in the square. Of course it’s the church feast really celebrating the consecration of our c of e church. 
I’ve been celebrating by trying to clean the bathroom ceiling , no matter how much it’s aired it still gets mouldy, so I’ve been wielding a broom covered with rag trying to bleach it, hope I haven’t damaged it because obviously I’ll need it for flying tonight! 🧹

When our kids were little they were only allowed to knock on a few friends doors in the valley. Most only go to people with pumpkins lit, seems to be the unwritten rule. I’ll put a bowl of treat size milkways out on the door step, saves them knocking, done that since having our first baby so no disturbance than, hopefully no one will come so I can eat them of course! 

• Like 3

On 10/28/2022 at 11:30 PM, wowzz said:

I bought my first cd player from Richer Sounds  ( what a great company) in Aldershot, around 1990. If I remember, a Denon.

And my first two CDs - Dire Straits and Mozart ( no idea why !).

I bought mine from Jones of Oakwood, remember them from your time in Leeds? It was great having an electrical superstore locally. I also later bought my first "wide" screen TV from them. It was smaller than the monitor I now have at home for work purposes! 

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Not long now folks and once the clock strikes midnight ,we will hear the sound of

Christmas carols for weeks on end .😖

d575ab12-27e0-41bd-a2c4-6c65f233e8b8.thumb.jpg.d69a578c051cf83d6df0f57433258486.jpg

To avoid expensive litigation, can I just assure everybody that the little chap in the purple suit is not a true representation of me. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

We are currently on a 2yr fixed deal with Octopus which expires in May next year. We are currently paying £76-35 a month for gas/electricity and are over £350 on credit. Think we are in for a shock next May when it expires.

We are on a 2 year deal since Aug 21 and pay £64 for dual fuel per month and also in credit. We keep warm by digging in the back garden hoping for an oil strike, or maybe even finding next doors gas pipe

• Haha 7