P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Feeling sorry for myself. I started to feel a bit unwell last night and now have a raging fever, cough and feel like someone has hit me all over with a baseball bat. Did a covid test which was negative so more likely to be flu, a lot of that going around up here at the moment.

I had lots on this week and the way I feel right now none of it will be happening.

Sitting propped up on pillows on the sofa in my warm jamies and housecoat, under several a blankets and heating on high and I’m still cold. He ho it will hopefully be gone in a few days.

Hope you all feel better than I do, it really wouldn’t take much.

Sorry you're so feeling unwell Eglesbrech and I hope you begin to feel better soon.

It really is a stinker this particular virus that's doing the rounds lately. Our covid tests are negative too. All I want to do is sleep and be left alone to feel sorry for myself. I'm over the chills and sore throat and now into the bunged up and coughing stage. The whole house smells of Olbas Oil. Mum would say a cold is 3 days coming, 3 days with you and 3 days going. I hope she's right, but this is day 5, so I don't think she is.😒

Take care.

Avril

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We docked in Lisbon today, fairly warm and Dry, we got the train to Caicais and had a nice day mooching, it is a very quaint place. The ship is nice, some of the staff are still on from our last cruise. The food has been excellent with a fair choice.We are travelling with friends who were on Iona in Jan, they say they much prefer the Ambience.  Will report back later.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

I'm really sorry to hear that, take care and get well soon.

When you do get round to researching your ports I'd be interested to hear what you've come up with as we enjoy doing that too.

Best regards.

Damian

We are off to the arctic circle later this year so if that is of interest I will share what I found and what we did once we got there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, and wish you a speedy recovery.

I too am not feeling right, just hope whatever it is I don't succumb as we are due to go away next Monday.

Take care and get well soon.

Pam 

I’m sure you will be better by then.

I have the paracetamol, vitamin c and echinacea lined up on the side table.   
I find if you start echinacea quickly it helps a little.

I’ve slept on and off all morning listening to a story which I have had to go back on as I hear half a chapter then snooze.

hope you get over this quickly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sorry you're so feeling unwell Eglesbrech and I hope you begin to feel better soon.

It really is a stinker this particular virus that's doing the rounds lately. Our covid tests are negative too. All I want to do is sleep and be left alone to feel sorry for myself. I'm over the chills and sore throat and now into the bunged up and coughing stage. The whole house smells of Olbas Oil. Mum would say a cold is 3 days coming, 3 days with you and 3 days going. I hope she's right, but this is day 5, so I don't think she is.😒

Take care.

Avril

Yes the one doing the rounds is lasting a bit longer and I had hoped I had dodged it.

I can’t even be bothered eating anything which is really not me as food and I are not soon parted. 

Let’s hope we all bounce back soon (but right now I can hardly stand far less bounce).

I would fail the £50 note test for flu.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We are off to the arctic circle later this year so if that is of interest I will share what I found and what we did once we got there.

That sounds wonderful. We took a North Cape cruise years ago which briefly crossed into the Arctic Circle (I think Honningsvag was the furthest North that we got) and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DamianG said:

That sounds wonderful. We took a North Cape cruise years ago which briefly crossed into the Arctic Circle (I think Honningsvag was the furthest North that we got) and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

When we did a similar cruise to North Cape, we sailed a little further on to see the North Cape from the sea and then continued a short distance to see the cliffs that are at the point furthest North in mainland Europe before turning round to head back down the coast.

On our first cruise (on Artemis), we crossed into the Arctic Circle off Norway, and sailed close to the globe structure in the sea to mark the imaginary line of the Arctic Circle and, as it was lunchtime, had a P&O ‘barbecue’, on the open deck. Great memories

Edited by pete14
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m sure you will be better by then.

I have the paracetamol, vitamin c and echinacea lined up on the side table.   
I find if you start echinacea quickly it helps a little.

I’ve slept on and off all morning listening to a story which I have had to go back on as I hear half a chapter then snooze.

hope you get over this quickly.

I had flu over Christmas and it's that long ago that I got rid of the cough. I don't know what this bug is but I am at present dosed up on Paracetamol and still feel cold. 
My daughter bought me some drunk cheeses back from a deli on her trip to London, but I've no interest in trying them.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, pete14 said:

When we did a similar cruise to North Cape, we sailed a little further on to see the North Cape from the sea and then continued a short distance to see the cliffs that are at the point furthest North in mainland Europe before turning round to head back down the coast.

On our first cruise (on Artemis), we crossed into the Arctic Circle off Norway, and sailed close to the globe structure in the sea to mark the imaginary line of the Arctic Circle and, as it was lunchtime, had a P&O ‘barbecue’, on the open deck. Great memories

I'd forgotten about that! Our North Cape cruise was on Artemis too, in July 2009. 

Edited by DamianG

7 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Feeling sorry for myself. I started to feel a bit unwell last night and now have a raging fever, cough and feel like someone has hit me all over with a baseball bat. Did a covid test which was negative so more likely to be flu, a lot of that going around up here at the moment.

I had lots on this week and the way I feel right now none of it will be happening.

Sitting propped up on pillows on the sofa in my warm jamies and housecoat, under several a blankets and heating on high and I’m still cold. He ho it will hopefully be gone in a few days.

Hope you all feel better than I do, it really wouldn’t take much.

Sorry to hear you are unwell @Eglesbrech.

Vitamin C tablets, paracetamol and lots of fluids always helps.

Best wishes.

Graham. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Take care.

Avril

I hope you are feeling better soon Avril.

Graham

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A early good morning to you all and lots of get well wishes to all who’s feeling under the weather with cold and coughs . We went to Corralejo today for tapas and stopped off along the way to have a walk on the dune sands , weather been hot since Saturday a change from the last 2 chilly rainy weeks, hired car goes back tomorrow and I’m looking forward to getting home on Thursday and start my diet 😂 , I’ve also not been to well and now got a lasting choking cough that will not go away. Have a lovely day everyone.

5EE4C1BE-B127-42D4-BDD8-3CB2B7BE277A.jpeg

E6312670-491F-40FB-BBCB-ABC905744735.jpeg

5C83B15A-73BD-45FA-90B4-CB28063472C9.jpeg

C71F9916-1F40-4365-B018-1FEA5582FCEE.jpeg

C8BE250A-C8FE-440C-9F18-80581D5C2F58.jpeg

• Like 14

Sorry to read of so many people with this long lasting cough; met a friend yesterday who has had it for ages though better now (and I hope not still germy!) and said it was very debilitating.  Take care of yourselves, and try not to do too much as I am told  it tends to make you tire easily.

Since starting the insomniac's club I have had a few better nights, did not wake until 4.30 this morning.  Maybe there is a bit of magic happening, I have had 5 or even 6  hours most nights recently.

I am feeling unusually sad about poor Nicola and her family.  It couldn't have been much worse, in the way it has been dealt with generally by various people and organisations.  This tragedy just seemed to get to me more than usual.  I cherish my privacy, as do most of us about the important things, and you don't need this intrusion at such a  time.  It is a wonder that most of us stay cheerful, in view of Turkey and the Ukraine, and other things piling up around us.  Being aware of our comparative good fortune helps me a lot.

Anyway, now nearly 6, so time for morning tea.  Have a good day, everyone.

• Like 16

Morning Lincslady and all.

Sorry to hear so many of our regulars aren’t well, hope you all feel better soon.

John has a nasty barking cough, though it’s eased a bit since Saturday, he says everyone at work has it . No one seems to at my work but perhaps they just work from home if they do.

I’m pleased to say I did have a better sleep Sunday night than I often do. I wouldn’t say I’m an insomniac as such but I go through periods of not sleeping well, stress does not help! Often wake at 2 or 3am and am awake for 2 or 3 hours.

Grandson coming today, haven’t had him for 2 weeks so I’m looking forward to that.

Have a good day all.

• Like 16

Well I haven’t eaten in 24 hours (unheard of for me) but I’m managing to keep hydrated which is just as well as I have a high fever, 38.5 with paracetamol. This is not fun. I’ll probably just sleep most of the day away again.

Hope all the rest of those suffering are feeling a little better.

• Like 16

Good morning.

It is currently 9°C and sunny.

I booked a cruise on Arvia yesterday 😀.

I am still feeling a cold picked up on the flight back from Miami where the couple behind us were coughing and sneezing all the way home.

I have taken 3 Covid tests and fortunately all were negative.

Best wishes to you all.

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I am still feeling a cold picked up on the flight back from Miami where the couple behind us were coughing and sneezing all the way home.

Best wishes to you all.

We couldn't wait for our 2nd Iona cruise to come round, so have slipped a cheeky Arvia one in while waiting! 😉

Hope you feel better very soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Best wishes to you all.

Hope you feel better soon Graham. Booking a cruise will hopefully cheer you up a bit Have you been on Arvia before?

Not feeling great myself today, not a cold or anything just an “MS” day when I just don’t feel my normal self and just want to sit down and do nothing. I have loads of ironing to do too ready for packing, looks like that won’t be getting done anytime soon. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope you feel better soon Graham. Booking a cruise will hopefully cheer you up a bit Have you been on Arvia before?

Not feeling great myself today, not a cold or anything just an “MS” day when I just don’t feel my normal self and just want to sit down and do nothing. I have loads of ironing to do too ready for packing, looks like that won’t be getting done anytime soon. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Thank you Michelle.

It is for next year and will be our first time on Arvia.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling great and you are doing the right thing by sitting down and resting.

I saw this meme on another thread and it cheered me up so I hope it makes you laugh too.

80A3187F-AA86-48EA-A495-28FC91C64BDE.jpeg.0d6f17adbad90ecc7d1ec46415b37c1a.jpeg

Edited by grapau27
  • Haha 17

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Michelle.

It is for next year and will be our first time on Arvia.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling great and you are doing the right thing by sitting down and resting.

I saw this meme on another thread and it cheered me up so I hope it makes you laugh too.

80A3187F-AA86-48EA-A495-28FC91C64BDE.jpeg.0d6f17adbad90ecc7d1ec46415b37c1a.jpeg

That brought a smile to my face Graham😆

First time on Arvia next year for us too repositioning from Caribbean to Southampton.

Just had a phone call from P & O, got an upgrade from inside to Oceanview cabin for our cruise on Saturday. Inside would have been fine for a week but it was a nice surprise and gratefully received.

Michelle

• Like 14