P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

56 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All

@purplesea. Glad to hear you've finally heard something Pam - due largely to your own efforts in chasing them it must be said. I hope the consult is helpful and there is a firm plan in place after you've spoken - and you don't need to use Plan B. Good luck.

Well I'm off to Southwold in a couple of hours. I'll post while I'm away if I've got wi-fi but if not I'll see you all on my return. If @kalos reappears in my absence please can someone send him my best and tell him how much we've missed his funnies.

So, the Coronation is nearly here, and to all those who care, enjoy every minute. To those who don't, enjoy the empty shops.

Take care everyone and best wishes to all. Jane xxxx

I hope you have a fantastic time in Southwold Jane.

Graham x 

• Like 1

A lot of flags and bunting in our village.  We have just the one flag, but it's an EU flag and somehow I'm guessing it's best that it stays on display where it is - in the greenhouse.  We do have a new District Councillor this morning though, so I might save it for him!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

And the sweet smell from the Adnams brewery !

Isn't it lovely Wowzz! Even though I no longer drink any alcohol ( not because I've joined the temperance society - it just doesn't agree with me any more) I can still appreciate that lovely smell of malt and hops. Jane x

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have a fantastic time in Southwold Jane.

Graham x 

Thanks so much Graham - and I hope you, Pauline and Sarah have a lovely couple of days together. Jane xxx

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

I think what many people do will be determined by what others do. We can’t have a street party because we live on a Close 🥴.

Never mind, we will be at our static caravan in North Wales where no doubt everybody will be celebrating the elevation of their Prince to the monarchy (apart from Ardennais who I presume is from another part of Wales).

Most people in Welsh Wales couldn’t give a hoot about it! I’ve been around mid Wales this past week visiting some clients and to be honest, the only visible sign of anything is a few charity shops who have put together some half hearted displays of red, white and blue second hand clothing! I think Gwynedd council only received one application for a street party and that is in Barmouth - another area full of caravan sites! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

A lot of flags and bunting in our village.  We have just the one flag, but it's an EU flag and somehow I'm guessing it's best that it stays on display where it is - in the greenhouse.  We do have a new District Councillor this morning though, so I might save it for him!

Off to town soon. We have a party shop. I may buy one of those union flag bowler hats. I can save it to take to the Caribbean in December. That should impress the Bajans... I asked DW if she would be ' taking the knee ' when invited......yeah ....right.

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All

@purplesea. Glad to hear you've finally heard something Pam - due largely to your own efforts in chasing them it must be said. I hope the consult is helpful and there is a firm plan in place after you've spoken - and you don't need to use Plan B. Good luck.

Well I'm off to Southwold in a couple of hours. I'll post while I'm away if I've got wi-fi but if not I'll see you all on my return. If @kalos reappears in my absence please can someone send him my best and tell him how much we've missed his funnies.

So, the Coronation is nearly here, and to all those who care, enjoy every minute. To those who don't, enjoy the empty shops.

Enjoy your trip away and have a lovely relaxing time

Michelle

Really looking forward to this weekend and the coronation. We’re having a coronation tea with the family on Saturday and a street party Sunday. It may be the only coronation that I experience so I’m going to make the most of it. Yeh the money for the coronation could be spent on ‘better?’ causes but what a boring world it would if we can’t celebrate events. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All

Thank you. 

I hope you have a lovely relaxing time in Southwold.

3 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Most people in Welsh Wales couldn’t give a hoot about it! I’ve been around mid Wales this past week visiting some clients and to be honest, the only visible sign of anything is a few charity shops who have put together some half hearted displays of red, white and blue second hand clothing! I think Gwynedd council only received one application for a street party and that is in Barmouth - another area full of caravan sites! 

There is some fairly half hearted bunting around reception, but little else and I can’t see any individual vans decorated for the coronation. Mind you, there aren’t many people here at the moment, maybe tomorrow will be different. 

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Isn't it lovely Wowzz! Even though I no longer drink any alcohol ( not because I've joined the temperance society - it just doesn't agree with me any more) I can still appreciate that lovely smell of malt and hops. Jane x

I can recommend

Harbour Inn

Lord Nelson 

Sole Bay Inn

All good hostelries!

Plus Adnams shop for nik naks and the several art galleries in the High Street. 

24 minutes ago, pete14 said:

There is some fairly half hearted bunting around reception, but little else and I can’t see any individual vans decorated for the coronation. Mind you, there aren’t many people here at the moment, maybe tomorrow will be different. 

In our town centre, there were a few flags in the bank and..?. Nope. just the bank

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I found a few, but the shop over ordered.  Probably be BOGOF by tomorrow. 20230505_144036.thumb.jpg.2faafbf3742f319d8b1497550deab033.jpg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, pete14 said:

I think what many people do will be determined by what others do. We can’t have a street party because we live on a Close 🥴.

Never mind, we will be at our static caravan in North Wales where no doubt everybody will be celebrating the elevation of their Prince to the monarchy (apart from Ardennais who I presume is from another part of Wales).

You're brave saying that and actually being in Wales !! 

To be honest we aren't that bothered but if it gives people the excuse to have a party and celebrate something agree the last 2 or 3 yrs then good luck to them.  As long as its not outside or near our caravan !!! 😉

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

We posted our votes too about a week ago. 

You can’t go wrong with a nice meal from

M & S, that’s probably what we will do after watching the Coronation. Hope you have a nice time with Sarah and that her back is ok.

I had to see a medical photographer today. I noticed a change to a mark on my skin last week, went to the Dr who ref me to dermatologist for a possible squamous cell carcinoma. They took photos to be examined tomorrow by Dr who will then decide what to do. I know I have been a bit quiet this week on here. I had major surgery last Friday and have been recovering, totally unrelated to the skin thing.

Hope you all have a lovely Coronation weekend whatever you are doing

Michelle

Michelle, so sorry for all you are experiencing at the moment. I haven’t been around a lot this week so I am just catching up. I hope you recover quickly, enjoy your weekend, whatever you are doing.

Jennizor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Michelle, so sorry for all you are experiencing at the moment. I haven’t been around a lot this week so I am just catching up. I hope you recover quickly, enjoy your weekend, whatever you are doing.

Jennizor.

Thank you Jennizor. Just been back to Preston Royal for dressing changes. It’s a bit of a trek over there for me, I had hoped they could do it locally but it seems not.

Have a great weekend 

Michelle

Just got home from a 5 day break in Pembrokeshire, a relaxing few days, with visits to St David’s, Solva, Tenby and South Pembrokeshire coast. Drove back across country through to wonderful Welsh scenery and noticed quite a few villages with the bunting and flags (most Welsh Flags) in advance of the Coronation. 

No flags or bunting out in our street, but we did have a police raid on a house whilst we were away, apparently a rented property being used as a cannabis farm, the second in a month, the other was on a upmarket estate about a mile away. 

I will be on tea & refreshments duty tomorrow whilst OH is sat in front of TV. As weather is wet here tomorrow gardening is not an option, so may watch some of it.

• Like 7

I shall be happily watching the coronation tomorrow. I make no apologies for being a monarchist🤴 I like the royal family, well.... some, not all😬

Have a really enjoyable day tomorrow whatever you do.

Avril

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Just got home from a 5 day break in Pembrokeshire, a relaxing few days, with visits to St David’s, Solva, Tenby and South Pembrokeshire coast. Drove back across country through to wonderful Welsh scenery and noticed quite a few villages with the bunting and flags (most Welsh Flags) in advance of the Coronation. 

No flags or bunting out in our street, but we did have a police raid on a house whilst we were away, apparently a rented property being used as a cannabis farm, the second in a month, the other was on a upmarket estate about a mile away. 

I will be on tea & refreshments duty tomorrow whilst OH is sat in front of TV. As weather is wet here tomorrow gardening is not an option, so may watch some of it.

Not good is it Snow Hill when you hear something like this so close to home?

We live on a lovely small estate, only 5 rows of houses. We were absolutely devastated when we heard about an overnight Police raid just across the road from my daughter’s house. The bedrooms were being used as a cannabis farm. The house owner had been left the house by her parents and was renting it. She sold it, once it had been completely cleaned out.

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I shall be happily watching the coronation tomorrow. I make no apologies for being a monarchist🤴 I like the royal family, well.... some, not all😬

Have a really enjoyable day tomorrow whatever you do.

Avril

Me too Avril. We haven’t had a coronation in 70 years and so if nothing else, it will be historically interesting.

Security there must be a nightmare tho.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Me too Avril. We haven’t had a coronation in 70 years and so if nothing else, it will be historically interesting.

I was 6 when Queen Elizabeth ll was crowned and can vaguely remember Staines High St drenched with Union flags, watching some tv footage at Gran's along with her neighbours, and the sandwiches and cakes afterwards. To a little girl it was pure magic, though I doubt this one will have as much pomp. 

Avril

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

The Urdd National Eisteddfod is being held down that way in a few weeks so that might account for the Welsh flags. 

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Totally get this. My parents were both anti royalist and I have never really been bothered. I have to say that I was surprised at how much the late queen's death affected me. Just watching the ceremonies and thinking about the history behind it was something else.

Strangely I am not too bothered about tomorrow .. I wish the new monarch well but other than that I am not particularly that interested. Not out of disrespect.. just not interesting me for some reason. 

Will probably dip in to watch and then go for a walk by the sea !

• Like 1