P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It looks like another warm sunny day.  I need to go into town for a couple of things so I  am trying to decide whether or not to walk in, it is only about 2.5 miles each way so good for getting a lot of my steps in early.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

@Harry Peterson @wowzz @Host Sharon

You are missed, let us know that all is well with you if you can.

Yes I hope Sharon is on the mend now after such a painful incident .

Also credit where it's due to @Host Hattie for looking after the board as well as her own

Cunard,  on top of her own personal and working life, well done that woman .🙂

Lots of posters seem to have drifted away and I hope @kruzseeka is keeping well.🙂

• Like 13

Today I think we could do with the help of P&O cruise Laundry expert @DamianG😉

We called by at our Granddaughters home (the eldest who is with child)

She is in the last weeks and massive and in a lot of pain even more so trying to bend 

to do the washer .

Nan being Nan ,to the rescue has brought it all to ours so our washer will be earning it's

keep today .

They tell me the baby is almost engaged (not into all this maternity jargon ) 

I wanted to know who the boyfriend was and had they chose the ring yet .🤣

Hope you all have a good day take care .

• Haha 17

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

It might give you some satisfaction, but most modern phone systems are designed to prevent acoustic shock, that is a high pitched noise coming down the line, so in majority of cases they won’t hear the blast of the whistle.

I used to manage the installation of call centre systems for my employer when I was working all the headsets had acoustic shock prevention set on the headsets at around 100db, a whistle emits from around 110db upwards.

We also recorded calls, so anyone who abused a call agent would not only have the call recorded, but the number dialled from. 

We have Call Guardian on our landline, so anyone who is not in the phone book on the phone has to announce their name, most scammers or robodiallers will hang up.

So if I am rude to some person trying to scam my money ,I get put in their black list for abusing their staff?. .. Result.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Today I think we could do with the help of P&O cruise Laundry expert @DamianG😉

We called by at our Granddaughters home (the eldest who is with child)

She is in the last weeks and massive and in a lot of pain even more so trying to bend 

to do the washer .

Nan being Nan ,to the rescue has brought it all to ours so our washer will be earning it's

keep today .

They tell me the baby is almost engaged (not into all this maternity jargon ) 

I wanted to know who the boyfriend was and had they chose the ring yet .🤣

Hope you all have a good day take care .

Just need to let my boss know that there's a family emergency and I'll be on my way down. 

We are all family on here, right?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Well I have decided to start the new day with a positive attitude and stop moaning and fretting about the dining arrangements for January on Britannia. I am going to get into the Caribbean swing if things, and channel my inner Boy Marley from now on. (Nothing dodgy!)

Have mentioned this to hubby who gave me the knowing look only a long suffering husband can give so the challenge is on..

Found this  and love the cartoon and with a foodie theme.... enjoy

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HNBCVM4KbUM&feature=share7

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well I have decided to start the new day with a positive attitude and stop moaning and fretting about the d9ining arrangements for January on Britannia. I am going to get into the Caribbean swing if things, and channel my inner Boy Marley from now on. (Nothing dodgy!)

Have mentioned this to hubby who gave me the knowing look only a long suffering husband can give so the challenge is on..

Found this  and love the cartoon and with a foodie theme.... enjoy

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HNBCVM4KbUM&feature=share7

Sorry, to avoid spoiling your equilibrium stay away from the Super Organised thread!  I may not having dining anxiety but I certainly now have losing it with P&O disorganisation and p...up in a brewery anger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Sorry, to avoid spoiling your equilibrium stay away from the Super Organised thread!  I may not having dining anxiety but I certainly now have losing it with P&O disorganisation and p...up in a brewery anger.

Oh keep playing the music over and over and over very loud!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Yes I hope Sharon is on the mend now after such a painful incident .

Also credit where it's due to @Host Hattie for looking after the board as well as her own

Cunard,  on top of her own personal and working life, well done that woman .🙂

Lots of posters seem to have drifted away and I hope @kruzseeka is keeping well.🙂

Yes I’m sure there are others we have missed as well, the big characters tend to come to mind first. Hope they are all well and enjoying life and that some might pop back in from time to time for a catch up.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope I have got it right @Dermotsgirl

Happy anniversary.

It is our 42nd wedding anniversary today and I believe yours too.

Happy anniversary to you and Pauline.

you are almost right, it was our 42nd anniversary last Tuesday 

This was the sight that greeted us when we returned to our cabin

that night IMG_1415.thumb.jpeg.2df5fec9f4406d9779dfeec50c687a8e.jpeg

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Happy anniversary Graham and Pauline and Dermotsgirl and assume Dermot? plus anyone else having an anniversary.

Thank you for the anniversary wishes.

Confusingly, my husband is Paul. The Dermot thing is just something that amused me when I set up my account, nearly 20 years ago, don’t ask! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Any idea what time the ship will leave Barbados Megabear and how long it takes to get from the airport to the ship? Just curious. We are due to land at 3.50pm like you I think. 

Usually sails around 5.30 to 6.00pm.  The minibuses are travelling in convoy nowadays. Depending on traffic 40 minutes to an hour. Saturday's are usually not held up too much by local traffic.

One point - as PE you will alight the plane first as do we.  Therefore you'll be on the first couple of  minibuses but due to the convoy don't be surprised if you and I end up at the back of the queue to check in at the shed.  Make sure you have your phone handy, you should be able to do the log in to app bit from outside.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well I have decided to start the new day with a positive attitude and stop moaning and fretting about the dining arrangements for January on Britannia.

Same here, I was getting really uptight and muddled because I couldn't understand the breakdown of the cost of our NCL trip. OH has the attitude it's paid now so what.   I got uptight that he wasn't bothered!  I don't like to feel ripped off.

I think now that the breakdown might be right but if not it's all paid now enjoy the warm up to the cruise.

I am not going to moan or investigate anymore, just enjoy looking forward to it.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Happy anniversary to you and Pauline.

you are almost right, it was our 42nd anniversary last Tuesday 

This was the sight that greeted us when we returned to our cabin

that night IMG_1415.thumb.jpeg.2df5fec9f4406d9779dfeec50c687a8e.jpeg

Wow that is lovely.

• Like 4