P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I got back home at 8.15pm and enjoyed a nice bowl of soup and a decent coffee, soa quick update.

Frank's just had a 3rd transfusion. They're struggling to get his heamaglobin levels up which is worrying me more than anything at the moment. His appetite has improved and he's on a low salt diet and fluid restriction. It's all really confusing.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a little clearer.

Avril

• Like 31

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's all really confusing.

Confusing times but hopefully the Dr on his rounds will make things clearer.

Cross that bridge tomorrow Avril and try and get some sleep.

Take care 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Ive just got back from the hospital' Frank was admitted yesterday morning at 5.20am and it's been hectic. After tests he has Pneumonia,and severe anemia.which needed 2 tranfusions.To top it off he probably has a heart murmer too, he's having a heart xray  to see what it is or could be. 

In his 78 years it's the first time he's been in hospital and everything's come at once. Almost 59 years married and the first time we've not not slept in the same bed, it's really strange and I'm not sleeping. Sorry for the late post, but I needed to chat.

I'll try and read though the posts tomorrow.

Avril

Oh no sending love and hugs

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I got back home at 8.15pm and enjoyed a nice bowl of soup and a decent coffee, soa quick update.

Frank's just had a 3rd transfusion. They're struggling to get his heamaglobin levels up which is worrying me more than anything at the moment. His appetite has improved and he's on a low salt diet and fluid restriction. It's all really confusing.

Avril

Hope you get some sleep tonight and Frank improves tomorrow. Goodnight. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Avril, we're all with you.  And hoping you get some positive news and progress today. 

Harry & Mrs Harry xxx

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6d9c259553822cf22f9f18adec4788a2.thumb.jpg.0ae8aa37f65103e703510d2756efee96.jpg

As this year draws to a close ,a time for reflection on our lives .

Some parts filled with goodbyes and others with happiness and hello's .

We wonder where the years go don't we ?  Once the carefree persons 

to the caring  people as seen above .

So to all my cyber friends I would like to say a big thank you for supporting 

each other and wish you all the very best for the coming year .

Wishing you all health and happiness for the New Year !

Best wishes to all - Take Care 

Mr &Mrs  Kalos 🙂🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 24

What a lovely post @kalos. Thank you. I wish you and Mrs Kalos a happy and healthy 2024. Thanks for all your funny and cheering posts but also for your serious and wise words. 

@Adawn47 good morning Avril. I do hope you managed to get some sleep last night. You must be pretty exhausted so try to get a bit of rest where you can. Hopefully Frank had a good night too and his Hb levels start to rise. Thinking of you both with love and huge hugs. Jane xxx

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

6d9c259553822cf22f9f18adec4788a2.thumb.jpg.0ae8aa37f65103e703510d2756efee96.jpg

As this year draws to a close ,a time for reflection on our lives .

Some parts filled with goodbyes and others with happiness and hello's .

We wonder where the years go don't we ?  Once the carefree persons 

to the caring  people as seen above .

So to all my cyber friends I would like to say a big thank you for supporting 

each other and wish you all the very best for the coming year .

Wishing you all health and happiness for the New Year !

Best wishes to all - Take Care 

Mr &Mrs  Kalos 🙂🙂

Can I share the same sentiments and good wishes with you and Mrs Kalos, not forgetting everybody else who visits / contributes to this monster thread. Your humorous musings helped to keep us sane during the early years of this thread and I hope you are willing and able to keep us entertained and supported once again next year, no matter what 2024 throws at us all.
Happy New Year for tomorrow.

Pete.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all the fabulous posts on this thread (and thanks @Host Sharon for allowing this to continue) and also all the other informative subjects.

I wish you all a happy and healthy 2024 and hope it’ll be a lot better for all those who have had their sadness and troubles in 2023.

Finally, thank you all for your virtual friendships. It means a lot.

Gill x

• Like 23

Morning all, I was steadily catching up and then this forum went down! I’ll have to catch up later.

We had a nice two days with the family, although obviously missing Dad. We went to our son’s Christmas Day and our DiL did her usual huge spread! My sis and bro in law and mum came too.Our grandson was the star of the show and very excited.

Boxing day we went to our DiL’s sister for their mad Boxing Day they always have but we’ve never been invited to before! They have a daughter two years older than our grandson and they’re very close and there were other cousins there (some I’ve met before some I hadn’t!) we had to take Mum of course and a great time was had! 

Friday 29th we took Mum to her nursing home. She’s got a nice room but so far she hasn’t been to the lounge. They’ve got a party this afternoon so hopefully she’ll enjoy that. We took her to the local pantomime yesterday which was very good. My sister is coming up to see her today . We do have some issues at the moment but hopefully it’s just settling in issues.

John went back to work this morning!! Very odd for me being alone in the house! He’s doing a phased return so 6am-10am and is due home any minute so I’ll sign off for now.

Happy New Year to you all!

• Like 27

Toast (without Marmalade)

Here's to you all folks

You know who we mean folks

And to every cheerful post

That makes the heart as warm as toast

Fill, fill your glasses high

Drain, drain your glasses dry

To one year say "Goodbye!"

To another say "Aye! Aye!"

Here's to the fun of a comedy interlude

Here's to the pictures of friends sharing food

To the carers and the caring

To the lovers and the loving

⁠Fill, fill your glasses high

Thanks for that funny cartoon

The photos of that great macaroon

The wise advice on the Air-fryer Maxi

And... the inadvertent predictive taxi

⁠Fill, fill your glasses high

When you hear the bells resound

Fireworks burst all around

Light up a face with a smile

One that goes on for mile after mile

And here's to all those you know folks

The cheerful girls and the jokey blokes

Those that you give so much care 

And a love that's beyond compare

Here's to you and you and you

And here's to you too

We wish you health, wealth and happiness

Even the occasionally bit of outrageous jolliness

⁠ Here's to you all folks!

You know who we mean folks!

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 25

On 12/29/2023 at 10:46 PM, Adawn47 said:

Ive just got back from the hospital' Frank was admitted yesterday morning at 5.20am and it's been hectic. After tests he has Pneumonia,and severe anemia.which needed 2 tranfusions.To top it off he probably has a heart murmer too, he's having a heart xray  to see what it is or could be. 

In his 78 years it's the first time he's been in hospital and everything's come at once. Almost 59 years married and the first time we've not not slept in the same bed, it's really strange and I'm not sleeping. Sorry for the late post, but I needed to chat.

I'll try and read though the posts tomorrow.

Avril

Only just seen this Avril, big hugs to you both, hope he’s improving today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today. It’s pretty miserable weather here today, no outside jobs getting done and no long dog walks.

Our Spaniel dog is not so well. She was diagnosed with an ulcer in her eye last week and has been on antibiotics. It was much worse yesterday and we had to take her to emergency vet. Stronger antibiotics now six times a day plus some of her own blood serum six times a day.

We are not going out tonight, we will have a nice meal and a bottle of wine.

Avril, I hope you are ok and that Frank is improving.

Take care everyone and Happy New Year to you all

Michelle

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Avril firstly I’m really sorry to hear that Frank is so unwell but he is obviously being well cared for.

The fluid will be restricted to reduce any pressure on Franks heart. Too much fluid in the system makes it harder for his heart to pump.

Pneumonia is known to reduce haemoglobin and can also cause anemia if so these are all potentially related to one condition and so relatively normal. It’s depends how low it has dropped as this can indicate something else but the nurses / doctors will be monitoring everything, they are the experts.

You already know this but you need to look after yourself as Frank will need you healthy for when he gets home. Even if you don’t feel like eating, just chew and swallow as you will need your energy. 

Praying for you both.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ps @Adawn47 tell Frank he may just have got my blood (or OHs) and if he has it is probably 1 part good quality single malt so that will see him good for Hogmanay and the New Year. Slainte math!

We are about to travel so to all my virtual friends may you all have a happy, healthy 2024. 

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door. A wee message to say: Happy Hogmanay. Lang May Yer Lum Reek.

• Like 15