P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just received an invitation for my second vaccination for next Thursday  6th May.

That's great news and I had mine last week where they asked me ....... 

"Had I got my vaccination card from the first jab ?"  Which I had :classic_smile:  

Then the nurse asked me if had I had the covid or any of the symptoms

such as, had I had  a sudden loss of taste :classic_unsure:

I told her, "No, I've dressed like this for quite a while now .":classic_wink:

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Good stuff Graham

My son (43) has both his dates - early May and late July!

Vaccinations are certainly going well

Thanks Eddie.

Pauline got her 2 appointments at the same time through the NHS hub but mine was through the doctors.

Next Thursday will be 10 weeks and 1 day from my first vaccine.

Graham.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just received an invitation for my second vaccination for next Thursday  6th May.

That’s fab Graham. I had my 1st jab a week after you so maybe I will hear in the next week or so........🤞🏻

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

Cross border travel is confusing me. I’m back in Scotland but want to visit friends in England. But I don’t think I can stay with them yet - nor go in their homes! Most hotels are still closed so am I right that I’d have to find self catering accommodation? Or have I missed something?

I think self contained accommodation is currently your only option.

It won’t be until after 17 May at the earliest that you can go into peoples homes, meeting in the garden is the only visiting option in England. 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Great news Graham, I am just after you on 9 May. I never thought I would say I can’t wait to have an injection 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Great news Graham, I am just after you on 9 May. I never thought I would say I can’t wait to have an injection 

Michelle

Great news Michelle.

I feel the same as you and will be happy when I get my second vaccine jab.

Graham.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great news!
I was asked this to make an appointment for my second one. It’s only 6 weeks today since my first vaccine so much sooner than expected. I called our GP to make sure it’s safe to have it so soon and they said yes so I’m having it on Thursday.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Great news!
I was asked this to make an appointment for my second one. It’s only 6 weeks today since my first vaccine so much sooner than expected. I called our GP to make sure it’s safe to have it so soon and they said yes so I’m having it on Thursday.

That's fantastic news Sarah.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are due our second vaccination anytime soon but after the first vaccine and the problems I have had since seriously considering not having it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We are due our second vaccination anytime soon but after the first vaccine and the problems I have had since seriously considering not having it.

It's a difficult decision, and one that only you can take. Of course, if you decide against it, unfortunately your cruising days may be over for a while.

Just now, wowzz said:

It's a difficult decision, and one that only you can take. Of course, if you decide against it, unfortunately your cruising days may be over for a while.

Yes I am aware of that especially as we have a Princess Staycation booked for September but have to have serious thought and worry of second vaccine could make my initial problems even worse.

10 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Tom.

I can understand your view but I can only say that my 4 weeks in bed in November with Covid19 was terrible and I am delighted my second jab is booked.

Best wishes for whatever you decide to do.

Graham.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That’s great graham,I’m still waiting to hear for mine as I had mine done the same day as you and same injection so I should hear too soon 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

David is having his 2nd jab on Wednesday, 9 weeks 4 days after his first dose.

Great news Josy.

I have been watching my messages for days on my phone in anticipation of my vaccine invite.

I clicked on straight away today and had 5 choices,the first one was fully booked so I grabbed the second choice immediately.

Next Thursday will be 10 weeks and 1 day from my first Pfizer jab.