Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Poor Wile E Coyote. Even with his Acme-powered rockets and bombs, he could never catch Road Runner.

@Sunshine3601 will appreciate this. The first time I saw an ACME supermarket was 30+ years ago in LBI. I thought it was some kind of joke.  But, it's a real supermarket. Later, when the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co. (aka A&P) went bankrupt,  AMCE took over a bunch of their locations and is now all around me.  Prices ain't cheap & and still can't find any ACME rockets or bombs. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@bobmaclibertyThanks for that link.  I was suprised to see the Golf channel on there along with a few of the other favorites. I need to find out how much internet only would be.  I've had no luck getting Cox to come down on anything without having to commit to a 50 year contract.

@Momof3gurlzCould I hire your husband to negotiate for me with Cox?  I always end up on the losing end. I've had no luck getting Cox to come down on anything without having to commit to a 50 year contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That was very nice of you.    I am sure he will really appreciate. 

My Mother was a school teacher for 30+ years and every now and then found a particular child that needed extra help with lunch money, clothes, etc. and always loved to help whenever she could without upsetting others as the school policies frowned upon it.   Her last years of teaching was 1st or 2nd graders (started at high school, then many years at Jr. High aka middle school  then elementary school).    I remember she had a little girl in her classroom that came from a very large family and always showed up disheveled and said no one had time to help her so my Mom used to help her do her hair every morning and pretty up her clothes.    She was in glory helping this little girl.    

This and what @h20skibumshared reminds me of quote I believe I heard last week in It’s a Wonderful Life.  "All you can take with you is that which you’ve given away."

• Like 3

So, to mash-up two very hot topics of late - Christmas Music and old TV shows - as I was driving home, I heard a fantastic rendition of Silent Night, which seems to be most people's favorite Christmas tune.  I glance down the XM radio to see who was singing it and it was Jim Nabors! Jim "Gomer Pyle" Nabors!!  Jim "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise" Nabors!!!  Well, Golly Sarge, I guess I never knew how great of a singer he was. I was never a huge fan of The Andy Griffrin Show" or "Gomer Pyle" but I saw some episodes here and there. Never remember him singing in any of them.

Anyways, down the rabbit hole I went and came across him singing "The Impossible Dream" from an episode of "Gomer Pyle".  

A much older Jim Nabors singing "Silent Night".

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m probably in the minority in this, but I’m not a huge fan of Celine.  

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like some of her music but I'm not a big fan either. She also makes some very odd facial expressions when she sings.

For you guys. 😄.   At least, here her facial expressions mostly match the song. lol

• Like 1

@HBE4

Just wanted you know when I was growing up. I used to watch Gomer Pyle on TV.

And when I first heard him singing the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM, I was in total awe.

Back then You had to wait to see a rerun to hear it again.

Patience is not one of my virtues.

Just recently I would google Youtube and listen to him singing that rendition.I did it when I first started walking and suffered from knee pain and would play it on my phone and just kept moving.

For me it was motivation.

I never ever knew he sang that version of SILENT NIGHT.

It just now  made my day!

I always loved the Christmas song, but hearing how he sang it ..............................well, words cannot express how I feel.

The holiday season for me has become a challenge over the years.

To Explain:

On my 48th birthday, -----------------------I lost my brother when he suffered a massive MI. He was 2 years older than me.

--The rescue squad was there in minutes Complete Emergency care, airway and CPR. But to no avail.

It was Christmas time for the funeral, and the church was decorated with the holiday spirit.  I was just existing, but remember hearing Silent Night being played by the organist.  It did not bother me, but calmed me down.

On my 55th birthday-------------------- I was in shock when my sister in law passed away, yes, she was married to my brother that I lost a few years before on my birthday.

How ironic to lose two family members on my birthday.

It took awhile to get over it, and move on.  I still think about it as my birthday approaches and these next upcoming days will of course be a reminder.

But, hearing that song just now, was meant to be.

My favorite actor/vocalist singing initially my favorite song, and then an added bonus of Silent Night.

Happenings  in life occur for a reason.

We may never know why.

But, by your post about sharing his  gift of singing, meant more to me than you know.

It was meant to be, and it was meant for  me.

Thank you

Good night.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

But, by your post about sharing his  gift of singing, meant more to me than you know.

It was meant to be, and it was meant for  me.

Thank you

Good night.

Thank you, for the kind and thoughtful words.  Here I was thinking that I was just posting links to random videos that people would scroll by without watching so it's nice to know it was having a positive impact on someone 

You have just made my night!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Absolutely!!!  Choir of King's College in Cambridge is nice to listen to also. Blend of young and older voices. 

Totally forgot them. They are incredible. Thanks for reminding me.

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The lead singer of the Duprees was a good friend of mine.The group recorded several Christmas records .

Has anyone here ever heard them ?

Yes another goodie!'

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

All 6 channels 😉🤣🤣

Most people forget that we as local broadcasters are required by law to offer our signal and programming for free on the air. I can't tell you how many times people have called the station and complained that they can't watch us because their cable went out. We always replay "do you have a pair of rabbit ears or an antenna?" "We are broadcasting for free."

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, to mash-up two very hot topics of late - Christmas Music and old TV shows - as I was driving home, I heard a fantastic rendition of Silent Night, which seems to be most people's favorite Christmas tune.  I glance down the XM radio to see who was singing it and it was Jim Nabors! Jim "Gomer Pyle" Nabors!!  Jim "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise" Nabors!!! 

I have his Christmas album and it's a great one. Beautiful baritone voice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Personally Pauline and I prefer 

Adele.

I'd put Celine in my top 5 female singers along with Adele, Whitney Houston, and Barbra Streisand.  I'll only list 4 here to leave room for someone who I may have missed.  Maybe Christina Aguilera?  Maybe Lady Gaga?  Maybe Aretha Franklin?  I'm judging based purely on vocal tone, range, clarity and power.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

For you guys. 😄.   At least, here her facial expressions mostly match the song. lol

Ha, you actually picked the one song she performs that I truly love!  It never fails to give me chills.  And he’s just amazing.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sheal said:

@bobmaclibertyThanks for that link.  I was suprised to see the Golf channel on there along with a few of the other favorites. I need to find out how much internet only would be.  I've had no luck getting Cox to come down on anything without having to commit to a 50 year contract.

@Momof3gurlzCould I hire your husband to negotiate for me with Cox?  I always end up on the losing end. I've had no luck getting Cox to come down on anything without having to commit to a 50 year contract.

Well he spent quite a few years in his career negotiating contracts so that helps!   And do always end up agreeing to a new, years long contract but at least it’s not at the higher price. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 1

Samantha likes looking out the window.  The cat pen which has a cat door opening into it is right there.  She hasn't quite figured out the cat door yet so she watches the other cats but it won't be long because she is very smart.

797781309_Samantha22.thumb.jpeg.ceec1ec2612e96cbae1ec682cd337263.jpeg

• Like 19

12 hours ago, Sheal said:

We only had one TV.  Parents ruled it. 

Saturday mornings were about the only day we could watch.  Beep! Beep!

We had a floor console TV in the living room that everyone shared.   My parents had a small portable TV in their bedroom, maybe a 15 or 17" screen but whenever one of us was not feeling well and stayed home from school they would set up the TV in our bedroom to watch.     that was special!

• Like 1