Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I think we need this- we have at least 4 sofas and chairs with blankets on them, because the cats object to the feel of leather on their delicate fur. Our cat post is more vertical, and one big boned cat has trouble with the jump.

https://m.songmics.com/light-grey-large-size-cat-tree-upct18w.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAubmPBhCyARIsAJWNpiN-XSko5W6bKjkSrx1YCIgE6KGDtZ-zE6hQvDofJdz_iryv2GVqkzgaAl8cEALw_wcB

Sorry for the two posts.

30 minutes ago, derorim said:

I have one, also called Night Blooming Cereus.  It didn't bloom this year, possibly because it got knocked over and I had to repot it, but it bloomed the previous two years.  I keep it in a pot on my back porch, but have to bring it into the garage for the winter so it doesn't freeze.  

I posted about my friend's plant that we watched bloom in her garden this past October.  Her plant is overwintering in my garage now, too.

Have fun watching your daughter's plant.  I'd love to see pictures.

Oh wow. Your photos were great. Loved how you did a timeline of the flower opening up.  Given me the idea to ask my son to photograph it with his good camera.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am 6’5 and going to theaters,anywhere ,even for movies I must have an aisle seat.

Lenny sorry you had to scrap your Anniversary dinner.  I hope you're feeling better and can reschedule soon.

There are quite a few movie theaters here with reclining seats.  So comfy at times I almost fall asleep!  Last movie we went to was pre-covid. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And with the fall of the sun, day drinking shall turn into night drinking. 😁

I miss that view OB. The flowrider pic made me sad, as we are most likely cancelling Oasis by Friday. 

Sorry to hear about possibly canceling your cruise. It sucks when you are looking forward to something and then things change.

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think jc @xpcdoojkis still working on him to install one at his house. :classic_biggrin:

Also wasn’t he wanting Andrew to have a place to park his rv? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think jc @xpcdoojkis still working on him to install one at his house. :classic_biggrin:

33 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Also wasn’t he wanting Andrew to have a place to park his rv? 😁

Reminds me of the movie Christmas Vacation. I can just picture J.C. pulling up in his R.V. and hooking up an extension cord to the house and a "hose" into the storm drain.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Mama Mia was excellent tonight. Those 2.5 hrs. went by so fast. Love the show and love the music. Very talented cast.

I'm definitely catching Allure on a good week. All the entertainment is running and St. Thomas appears to be a go for tomorrow. The weather has been great. And this Champagne Bar has two of the best bartenders that I have run across. Life is good.... except for those damn balcony chairs.😇

• Like 19

7 hours ago, MJSailors said:

George- My father belonged to the Grand Jurors Association  and served many times at that courthouse. Usually after a case was decided, the jurors would have lunch or dinner together  at the Stratton Restaurant on Queens Blvd.

As a child, I loved going to the park to ride the beautiful carousel there.

Many great delis in the area- loved the pickles !

Was your parents’condo located near Union Tpke in a high rise building that seemed to be located in or very near the park? This building wasn’t far from Woodhaven Blvd.

My apartment was around the corner from Regents Row which was my favorite restaurant in the area , they had fantastic prime rib and a nice bar was a great date place , loved that neighborhood lots of bars and restaurants and delis. 

• Like 2

I don’t watch reality shows however I do watch Jeopardy . Tonight’s show had a question Laura would have gotten and it was what did the GAO change the A to in its new name ?    

I’m watching the Australian Open and not as exciting as this past weekend’s football games.  Happy that Rogers and Brady are out .  Serena and The Joker aren’t playing , so perfect .   

Lenny , hope you are feeling better. 

J

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mama Mia intermission is ending. Back to the show....

The only time we were on an oasis class ship was Allure for a five day cruise in the Med. It was the first cruise after dry Dock and I was so disappointed they didn't have Mama Mia on for those first two cruises as the cast was still in rehearsals.

We were booked on her in Sept 2020, again in the Med but of course it got cancelled .....

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

There are quite a few movie theaters here with reclining seats.  So comfy at times I almost fall asleep!  Last movie we went to was pre-covid. 

The cinema we go to has reclining seats. We're almost horizontal 😁

I love it, very comfy and because each seat takes up more room it's good for social distancing 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The only time we were on an oasis class ship was Allure for a five day cruise in the Med.

We were lucky to see Mama Mia in June 2015. I assume you were on it earlier... It was an unique opportunity to "sample" an Oasis class ship without travelling too far 😎

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mama Mia was excellent tonight. Those 2.5 hrs. went by so fast. Love the show and love the music. Very talented cast.

I'm definitely catching Allure on a good week. All the entertainment is running and St. Thomas appears to be a go for tomorrow. The weather has been great. And this Champagne Bar has two of the best bartenders that I have run across. Life is good.... except for those damn balcony chairs.😇

Sounds like you are having a great time @Ocean Boy

Maybe ask your cabin steward if they can get you different balcony chairs especially as the ship is only half full.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We were lucky to see Mama Mia in June 2015. I assume you were on it earlier... It was an unique opportunity to "sample" an Oasis class ship without travelling too far 😎

YES! Same year, Hubby's 60th so we got a short extra cruise in. His birthday was May so it would of been a couple of weeks earlier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds like you are having a great time @Ocean Boy

Maybe ask your cabin steward if they can get you different balcony chairs especially as the ship is only half full.

Graham.

I thought of that. However, having scanned the balconies in Central Park and Boardwalk they all seem to have the same chairs as on the OV balconies.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How was the weather at Coco Cay?   Hope it wasnt chillin🌴

Have a great day in Costa Maya.

It was cold first, but with the sun out, it was perfect. Not swim weather for me , but plenty thought otherwise. A couple of ladies even thought it was Orient Beach!!!!! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

The cinema we go to has reclining seats. We're almost horizontal 😁

I love it, very comfy and because each seat takes up more room it's good for social distancing 

I have been completely spoiled by nice theaters- even pre-covid, I liked how the upgraded ones have you reserve seats in advance so that you can easily get the seats you want, and avoid a packed theater 🙂. I usually book a few hours in advance, so I can see how crowded it is so far.  Prior to this, we had bad luck with tons of loud people around us…

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

YES! Same year, Hubby's 60th so we got a short extra cruise in. His birthday was May so it would of been a couple of weeks earlier 

It was the first time we cruised for the SHIP and not for the itinerary.

Our experience was enhanced by @harryfat1 's excellent review of Allure from December 2014. Most interesting for DH was the list of the "small wonders" across the ship, which we thoroughly enjoyed "hunting" for.

May be @Ocean Boy will be interested in it too....😎

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52956981&postcount=3

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought of that. However, having scanned the balconies in Central Park and Boardwalk they all seem to have the same chairs as on the OV balconies.

Maybe there might me a better balcony chair in an empty suite the cabin steward might be able to get you.

Pleased you are having a great cruise.

Graham.

• Like 3