Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I have about 5-6 inches of snow but with the winds blowing all of the snow off roofs & trees, it feels like it should be more.  And it's -11 degrees with wind chill. Might wait until tomorrow fire up the snow blower.

According to the local weatherman, 15 miles to the east is blizzard conditions, whiteouts and up to 18 inches while 15 miles to the west it's barely a dusting, maybe 1-2 inches.  So I consider myself lucky to be just "grazed" by the storm.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I have about 5-6 inches of snow but with the winds blowing all of the snow off roofs & trees, it feels like it should be more.  And it's -11 degrees with wind chill. Might wait until tomorrow fire up the snow blower.

According to the local weatherman, 15 miles to the east is blizzard conditions, whiteouts and up to 18 inches while 15 miles to the west it's barely a dusting, maybe 1-2 inches.  So I consider myself lucky to be just "grazed" by the storm.

We are now at 18 degrees,25mph wind but no power outages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Waters are rough, ship is rocking like crazy!

I didn’t notice the white caps until you mentioned how rough it is.  It looks like they would rock you.  But as I sit here on my non rocking coach I miss the cruise balcony.  I love the view.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

The vet now thinks something got lodged in there, which is causing the swelling.  

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hope it heals soon. 

+ 2

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The weather is dismal, waves are rough.  Charlie is much better thanks.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Glad to hear that Charlie is feeling better, Marietta.

+ 2

Waters are rough, ship is rocking like crazy!

Thanks, this is the worst we ever experienced!  The tilting the ship is doing is crazy😳

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Worse now

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

Omg be safe, hopefully the water gets as smooth as glass soon.

42 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope it calms down soon, Marietta

+ 3 😢

• Like 2

This weekend, we continue our “pre cruise hunker” and not going anywhere exciting (sigh).  Our goal is to get all packed up, since we depart for Ft Lauderdale Saturday.  Can’t wait to step onboard Odyssey.  I know all ya’ll say it’s cold down there, but it’s better than this…

B80EA91D-3093-49F1-A6C3-EB627A4D81F0.jpeg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Worse now5B03C4D1-DC4E-4271-923A-0D63E8E440E5.thumb.jpeg.b58f22f276a328d7c3772486d813c77a.jpeg

It seems like we always have a rocking ship whenever we sail up or down the coast.  Don’t know if that is normal, but we have had it sailing both the east coast and the west coast.  Maybe it has just been our luck.

Hope it smooths out for you soon.

• Like 2

All the best to those of you battling snowstorms and I hope none of you lose power.

I love rough seas but I hope they calm soon for you @DaniDanielle

Is it unusual for you to see wolves so close to your property @Sea Dog? Three is a worry.  
We have heated seats in our Subaru. Only time they were used were the day we brought it home from the showroom when the kids were curious.  Cooling seats would be neat though.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Very good to hear

Thanks Lenny.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Congrats!

Thanks OB.

40 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Worse now5B03C4D1-DC4E-4271-923A-0D63E8E440E5.thumb.jpeg.b58f22f276a328d7c3772486d813c77a.jpeg

😳That looks a bit rough for my taste. Where are you? Off the coast of North Carolina, Virginia?

2 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

So my Daughter is running around Los Angeles, staying In a Hotel room with her friends who she doesn’t live with. She’s there to see 3 concerts, Which has sold out. I am not worried for her because she’s healthy and she’s had all of her shots plus her booster.

Me I have two different types of Auto immune disorders.

I’ve got my cruise on March 6, so I’m currently building her an isolation room.

I have not had a vacation in five years and seeing Harry styles in concert is not a vacation.

she going to be surprise when I meet her at the door with a mask on And direct her to sanitize 

Sure knows that I’m going to Covid test her .

I’m going on the cruise.

My daughter is currently in isolation and just bought tickets to Harry Styles and Elton John at Wembley.  It’s a nostalgia thing for her as it’s been 10 years since she first saw HS in concert.  She knows there is a chance the trip won’t happen and selling her tickets won’t be an issue if it doesn’t. She invited me along but it’s too soon for me to consider overseas travel atm.  Hope you stay well for your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Still snowing and blowing here. Here is what I posted earlier, two hours later and now. 77703C4B-0007-4D9A-A8E4-716F70C818AC.thumb.jpeg.4e3ac6c09a3c21713ef358c43120edf7.jpeg

C3B6E3C6-A0B4-48C4-AEAD-C69DD96FF1C0.thumb.jpeg.45be3690bc43d76ba4a6c41ae8110c47.jpeg

41DC69D0-AD6F-4AE3-80E5-327E58EE8BD2.thumb.jpeg.14449e10ddba9b2de29c1eb885ab40cc.jpeg

Where the stone wall is now almost buried, four rails from the street, is about a 3 foot tall stone wall. Lots of deep 

Why is it that we live in New England?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Is there an Animal Control Center that you can call for advice ?

Good idea.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Now that is real noticeable!  The swells are getting big.

Time for rock-n-roll.

44 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Is it unusual for you to see wolves so close to your property @Sea Dog? Three is a worry.  

We've had them off and on for years. Recently there must be a new litter born. We can hear them yelping and howling at night. The wooded area back behind us is a hill full of rock formations. A easy place for them to build a den.

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Still snowing and blowing here. Here is what I posted earlier, two hours later and now. 

Beautiful but worrisome if you need to get out. Sounds like a good day to make your chili.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

More snow and the winds stay Up, you will have some big snow drifts.  Wind was very strong here yesterday.  Knocked out Kenzie’s electric for awhile.  Good it’s hitting on the weekend.

Stopped snowing between 2 and 3 pm in my area.    We have snow blowed our driveway and our neighbor that cat sits for us.     She brought out a thermos of spiked hot chocolate for us as we shoveled her front porch, etc.    Yummy!     

Wind has been howling around all day but seems to have slowed down in the last hour.   

We definitely had some snow drifts.    I had shoveled our back patio and 2 hours later it was all covered again and big snow drift at the back door.    

It does look pretty but I hope we are done with it.    

I am making/simmering a pot of homemade Chilli and will make some fish tacos for dinner.     Eric loves Chilli but his stomach usually doesn't.    I am going to mahi mahi tacos that hopefully he will enjoy as much as I will enjoy the Chilli.   

How is everyone else in storm area doing?

• Like 6

Today was one of those where an enclosed solarium would have been nice. The wind and clouds made it cold. It wasn't bad when the sun broke though but that was not frequent and it was short lived. Just got to the cabin and had to turn the temp up. Tomorrow is going to be a shocker. 😯

If I were retired I would be down at Next Cruise finding a cabin for next week.😐

• Like 17