Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I ordered mine on Jan. 20th.  Still waiting.....

I filled out a report for USPS because I ordered mine immediately when they opened it up a day early, and I never received a confirmation email or tracking number. The next day I got an email from USPS with a tracking number. 
my tests arrived five days later on the day the tracking number gave me. 
Getting that email relieved my mind. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I filled out a report for USPS because I ordered mine immediately when they opened it up a day early, and I never received a confirmation email or tracking number. The next day I got an email from USPS with a tracking number. 

I ordered them immediately too and also ordered them for my Mom.  I sent the link to my sister and she ordered them also.  Neither my Mom or I have received the tests yet but my sister did on Monday.  I did get an order confirmation for mine, as did my mother, but neither of us got the tracking number email.  I am hoping they are just late due to the snow storm.  My mail runs late anyway as my mailman retired and his route is covered by whoever will pick up a piece of it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Luckynana I hope Jim’s Covid symptoms remain mild and that you either don’t get it, or also have a mild case.  
We made it to Ft Lauderdale late this afternoon. This is our 1st time doing an air bnb.  It’s smaller than I expected, but immaculate and conveniently located not too far from Las Olas Blvd in the Victoria Park neighborhood.  Weather looks fabulous for the next week - high 70’s with lots of sunshine.  
As far as parents & in-laws.  I grew up with wonderful parents, both now gone. They themselves came from tumultuous broken homes but were amazingly loving and supportive of me, especially when I was a single mom.  We had our “moments” but that’s only normal.  Andy on the other hand grew up in a dysfunctional and abusive household,  yet he is the exact opposite.  His  Dad passed 5 yrs ago but his Mom is still alive.  She runs on martyrdom and manipulation.  
But I have to say I think @Sunshine3601your MIL takes the cake!

Hi Deb,  Happy to hear your travels have been a success to get to FL😍 Have a great time.  Weather sounds perfect to me!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

My parents loved me more than anything else in the whole world. :classic_smile: My paternal grandparents died when I was very young, probably before I was 5. 

My doctor was taking a family history and asked about them. I said I think my grandfather had a heart attack; I don't know about my paternal grandmother. 

I went home and called my mom to ask what she had passed from. My mom said, "I don't remember, probably meanness, she was such a nasty b****. " :classic_rolleyes: And your grandfather was such a nice man. 

Oh. Okay. I don't think that helps with the medical thing. Thanks mom. :classic_biggrin:

My sister-in-law always told me how mean their grandmother was. She evidently couldn’t get along with anyone and eventually she and their grandfather left Massachusetts and moved in with Dick’s  family. Luckily for Dick, he was stationed in Japan in the Air Force. 
His sister, Jean, said her grandmother complained about everything and insulted everyone. Jean said she also told lies about the family in her letters to Massachusetts. 
Well, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Jean  and I were like sisters. We laughed  together and cried when we lost someone. She is now widowed and has been moved from one of her adult children to another, and another, and another. She complained about everything, from the size of her bedroom to the variety of meals, to the places they picked for vacations that included her. 
She’s now at a granddaughter’s, and wearing out her welcome. Luckily, grandson-in-law is a sweetheart, and gets between Jean and his wife. 
Dick already told me no matter what, she’s not coming here. 
I call her once a week and let her rant about everyone for a while while I read my Kindle. 
I don’t know what makes people become so bitter and just plain mean. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I got the confirmation email when I ordered, but no emails with a tracking number yet. 

We do get an email from USPS every day with images of what is arriving in the mail each day. If it is junk mail, I don’t even bother going to the mailbox.  Of course, many times they will show something they say will be delivered that day, and it may not get delivered till a couple days later. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, so did I.

But that was Phil from PA as reported by Mark. Marietta and Lenny are talking about a Chuck from NY. What's the RI one called? The one in FL is called Sunny.

Saying this with a straight face! 🤣

Wait! Florida has a groundhog??

We don’t hear about him up here in North Florida!

Our azaleas and Redbud trees are getting ready to bloom since January (also called winter) is over. 
We don’t have heat waves in the summer, but we do have cold snaps in January. And we’re done with them!

I hope I’m not tempting Mother Nature!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I will watch it later this week.  Curling doubles was on and well I love curling.  Not enough to stay up all night to see the next match at 1:30 a.m.  LOL  P.S.  last olympic games my neighbor and I stayed up past 3 in the morning to watch the finals.  

We enjoy curling but forgot about it. We don’t think about watching till the Opening Ceremonies, darn it!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I got the confirmation email when I ordered, but no emails with a tracking number yet. 

We do get an email from USPS every day with images of what is arriving in the mail each day. If it is junk mail, I don’t even bother going to the mailbox.  Of course, many times they will show something they say will be delivered that day, and it may not get delivered till a couple days later. 

I also get a couple that say no image. I’d love to know why!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

How could people go into someone’s medicine cabinet? That is beyond rude!

It was kids and because we were the "go to" house there was no way to figure out who it was. My girls were about 10 years old so the only things that were taken were hair supplies and nail polish. I still mentioned it to all of the parents.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We enjoy curling but forgot about it. We don’t think about watching till the Opening Ceremonies, darn it!!

I think the next time we play is on Saturday.  You can look up the schedule.  Before they started a channel that we don't get anymore (sigh) had Thursday night curling on.  I love our teams and hope they do well.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I got an email with a tracking number today.  Says the test kits will be delivered by 9:00pm tonight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Jim just feels like he has a cold that is running it's course.  I'm waiting until tomorrow to take the test, since 2 of our grandsons had first tested negative last month, and two days later they tested positive.

Hoping that Jim continues to get better and I'm hoping you test negative.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I will watch it later this week.  Curling doubles was on and well I love curling.  Not enough to stay up all night to see the next match at 1:30 a.m.  LOL  P.S.  last olympic games my neighbor and I stayed up past 3 in the morning to watch the finals.  

Sharon really likes Curling too. She was really impressed with some of the shots yesterday. 

• Like 3

Well my wife got the Gazebo she had always wanted and now it was time for me to get something I have wanted since we moved to Virginia to our new house.

Customized Golf Cart. The guy did an amazing job putting it together. It will be a lot of fun and all the above will last much longer then any  cruise.

Also we are thinking of remodeling the our  kitchen.  So this pretty much put an  end to cruising to Europe this fall. Just not excited on taking any cruise at this time from out of the country. Don't see anything changing anytime soon.

So when the times comes we will just get our deposit back and stop chasing down that Lift and Shift Owners Suite.

If we do any cruises in the future they will be from the US.

20220118_170732.jpg

20220203_084552.jpg

20220203_084601.jpg

20220203_084613.jpg

20220203_084626.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Corsica is so beautiful!  Watching the contestants going through the streams and rock slides was amazing!  I think we all knew who would be going home last night.  It was inevitable.

I agree. Corsica is beautiful.   Makes me want to put it on the list to visit. 
‘Glad to hear Jim is doing good.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hope you enjoy. The creek area and soaks are interesting. 

Madanet jumeriah is also an interesting (though artificial) area to wander around and have dinner. 

Thanks, Sue.

I've added the Creek and the Madinat to my list. They seem like my kind of places 😁

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

FYI, come to UK, no tests needed 👌

Excellent news... Now, let's talk about the famous British weather in February not exactly "conducive" to Lake District 😉

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our schools break up for half term on the 11th so you will probably find lots of British families looking for some winter sun 

We've booked a nice hotel in Downtown Dubai, much cheaper than those who cater for sun worshipers. Nevertheless, it will be nice to hear some British accents 😁 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Freezing rain is forecast to start at 10 pm.  Are driveway is steep so we will probably not be getting out tomorrow.  Hope the electricity doesn’t get knocked out. Love my electric blanket.  I hope Texas doesn’t get hit like they have before.

Approx. 25,000 DFW households are without power.  Glad I'm not one of them.  So far so good!

They predict this storm not to hit us as badly as last year's Feb. storm.  I'm glad!

I'm glad you'll be staying safe at home.

Hope everyone impacted stays warm, safe with power.

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!  That's a new one for wedding invitations.

I wonder if the venue holding the reception requires this.

First time I've heard about that also.   People usually send back responses weeks before the wedding date.  So far, 5 fully vaccinated people that I know personally, in my family, have gotten Covid. Then there are those in here and those I've read in the news that were fully vaxxed and got Covid.  

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

My parents loved me more than anything else in the whole world. :classic_smile: My paternal grandparents died when I was very young, probably before I was 5. 

My doctor was taking a family history and asked about them. I said I think my grandfather had a heart attack; I don't know about my paternal grandmother. 

I went home and called my mom to ask what she had passed from. My mom said, "I don't remember, probably meanness, she was such a nasty b****. " :classic_rolleyes: And your grandfather was such a nice man. 

Oh. Okay. I don't think that helps with the medical thing. Thanks mom. :classic_biggrin:

That 1st sentence says it all.  All children should be made to feel as you did.  I'm glad I did!

5 hours ago, cynt said:

Ice day for the DFW metro. I haven't turned the TV on to see exactly how bad it is out there. Our schools are closed and everyone is hoping and praying ERCOT got their act together and we don't have rolling black outs. 😏

Wednesday is my usual grocery day. The lines were crazy long when I entered the store. Once I finished grocery shopping I breezed straight thru the check out line. Perfect timing. 

One guy had a cart full of beer. I asked him about it and he said if I'm going to be stuck in the house I need enough beer to last me until the weekend 😆 🤣 😂

Praying everyone in the DFW metro stays safe and warm. 

LOL on the beer haul.  I prefer @A&L_OntAndrew's comfort food.

Yes, schools are closed here in the DFW area today and tomorrow.

Hoping for no more blackouts.

Stay safe, warm and full of electricity!

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Approx. 25,000 DFW households are without power.  Glad I'm not one of them.  So far so good!

They predict this storm not to hit us as badly as last year's Feb. storm.  I'm glad!

I'm glad you'll be staying safe at home.

Hope everyone impacted stays warm, safe with power.

First time I've heard about that also.   People usually send back responses weeks before the wedding date.  So far, 5 fully vaccinated people that I know personally, in my family, have gotten Covid. Then there are those in here and those I've read in the news that were fully vaxxed and got Covid.  

That 1st sentence says it all.  All children should be made to feel as you did.  I'm glad I did!

LOL on the beer haul.  I prefer @A&L_OntAndrew's comfort food.

Yes, schools are closed here in the DFW area today and tomorrow.

Hoping for no more blackouts.

Stay safe, warm and full of electricity!

We have power , fireplace is going , glad we went out last night before it freezing rain hit , texted our favorite singer to make sure she would make it to restaurant 😁, normally bar is packed but only a couple of people there , will definitely not leaving the house for next few days.

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, singinalot said:

This just made my day!

https://people.com/country/acms-2022-dolly-parton-hosts/

cannot wait!

We got to enjoy a concert with Dolly and Kenny R in Little Rock.  Half way through the concert Dolly went backstage and changed into a beautiful, long red sequence dress.  When she came out wearing it she also had a Razorback hog hat on!  She started calling the Hogs and the crowd loudly joined in, Wooooooooo Pig Soooee.  So fun.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Woohoo I'm getting the hang of posting multiple quotes in here! 😁

Just a very personal preference and don't take it personally🥰 ........
I find multiple quotes (more than 2 ) extremely annoying. I usually skip reading a post with gazzilions of quotes, so sorry, if I missed any direct posts that have tagged me in multiple confusions. I understand many people prefer it that way, and respect what they want to do, but to me it is one mass confusion.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Years ago we went to see Kenny Rogers and rumors were flying that Dolly Parton was going to show up.  Didn’t believe it.  Halfway through he starts singing Islands in the Stream and she came out of a side entrance.  The place went nuts!

Just noticed you got to see them together too.  When we saw them they sang together most of the concert.  It was a great concert.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I find multiple quotes (more than 2 ) extremely annoying.

You have a point.

For me, it's a difficult "balance" between not "manufacturing" so many pages in one day, therefore causing reticence to "deal" with too many "news" and too many quotes, where you, and may be others, get lost...

Sigh.

• Like 9